• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My time has come!

aobs8re4tj73.jpg

x2ihppz7zknl.jpg

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

I'm very happy for you!

However, I'm gonna need to spend a gem pull or two on his banner, I REALLY want Golbez, ever since finding out about him...

I forgot, do you use tickets first, then gems? Or a gem pull first, then all your tickets...

UGH, why does this game play with my heart!? Best of luck to you all getting him!

Also, Whee!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
MY GOD this game just keeps on giving. <3 This looks incredible.
Yeah this game is really generous, we're also getting 5 artifact of all knowledge (the x3 ones) and 10 SP potions alongside community coop rewards.
Early permanant eidojas is totally because of the community "feedback" haha

Quistis's 90CP armor passive give 72 ATK, nice!

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So it's over 27000 gems for the summon board and 270 tickets. Also the free 7000 gems we are getting plus all this new content. I'm set!!

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I had so many fun Quistis runs on Rosa Co-Op. All the recent updates from the stream are exciting and I plan to grab all of the VIII 90cp armours.
0131.5faf6de.png
0131.5faf6de.png
0131.5faf6de.png

SHE IS COMING. THE QUEEN IS COMING.

doSOXbV.png

SAD NO OFFICIAL DATE BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You have Golbez stuff in the bag so I'm happy you'll finally get his event!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be a very much expensive month indeed, I actually don't know what to aim for after this and I'm not too hot about Vayne, I might just suffer through late Cosmos until Cloud EX+

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be a very much expensive month indeed, I actually don't know what to aim for after this and I'm not too hot about Vayne, I might just suffer through late Cosmos until Cloud EX+
I only know that Ultimecia is supposed to be a big character to pull for and Cloud rework is really good. I tried looking into Squall rework since people were comparing it to Cloud however it doesn't sound like it was considered as useful or ranked as highly. Looking more into it Rinoa rework is considered okay but doesn't make her top tier like her release did and the assumption is that they wanted to be more fair to other characters rather than continuing to have certain characters at the top. Irvine rework makes him usable so that is good but again not a character that is worth saving big for.

I have to look into Zell because I remember his rework looked pretty good but never checked to see how it was ranked.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Updated and ready to go. I did not chase Rosa's EX but ended up MLBing both 15cp and 35cp for both Sabin and Yuri. Pretty disappointed, but I guess all my luck went to Quistis' banner.

I'm really excited about the Summon Board grinds. And I was able to get Cloud's last weapon I was missing so wonderful timing for the 90cp armors.

Good luck to everyone tonight on the summon boards. I hope your gems and tickets go get you some nice 5*s!

I'll be grinding Steel Golem runs in Dragalia Lost until that 10pm hits. Can't wait!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Man, I really can't wait to see how they handle ExDeath when he comes out eventually. They have been marking a steady increase in power and creativity for the character kits in JP, and I can only imagine how much of a defensive apocalyptic event he could end up being.

Never touched him in NT, but I know from experience in the original Dissidia's that he's the perfect blocker, with very little mobility, but a billion block counters for any situation.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Probably going to continue saving my gems for Rinoa. I heard Lenna was really good but might just use tickets for her.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
The only time this sub gets talkative is when a big stream happens, or I don't shut up about a character I want!

I wouldn't mind some bits of extra conversation, like debating between available banners, or which support units are a good investment, crazy team combinations, yadda yadda, but it's good that people can just chime in whenever. Keep it casual if that's your jam, that great!

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch the stream but I assumed by the Rinoa sticker she would be coming late June. They posted the June schedule on twitter and I dont see any slot for Rinoa so I guess she isn't coming until July.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she's coming, they're teasing her with that sticker because they know she's hyped. They want to do "surprises" even though we know almost everything thanks to JP.
Also same thing happened to Locke, he wasn't on the schedule and still came that month.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she's coming, they're teasing her because they know she's hyped.
Also same thing happened to Locke, he wasn't on the schedule and still came that month.
Ahh okay so they're teasing her and witholding the release date so it can be a surprise. I thought it could be that because of the ???? but since it didn't show even that on the June schedule i wasn't sure.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Used like 50 tickets

X5 Rosa 15cp
X2 Sabin 15CP
X1 Sabin 35 cp
x2 Yuri 15 cp.

Welp, will gather more with the summon board when it launches. I'm gonna be a bit stingy with gems for Rosa and will likely wait last min to pull with them. I get worried when I'm below 100k, lol but with the summon board coming it shouldn't be an issue!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Won't farm Ifrit just yet since the game add events at 4AM here but I'll do his previous 2 fights to unlock it before going to sleep.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nevermind, I did a quick 30min 2x book session and I almost maxed Vanille/Quistis/Layle already. Will finish up tomorrow and start on team 2. (~5600 pts)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
For ease of understanding, if you have any of the six synergy characters, they will double the summon points you get. Exp books also double your summon points, which means your best team for leveling summons will usually be your best unit, a super synergy unit, and an interchangeable character to improve enough to get the three chests.

Remember, conservation of effort is key here! These runs on the Ifrit fight are 50 SP each, so you gotta make the most of what you got.

Here are three inportant points to consider for grinding.

Do the Ifrit trial to grind, it's only one wave, one boss, and gives you the most Summon Points for your trouble. Especially if you use an Exp Multiplier and have a Super Synergy (purple aura) character.

You only need 1700 Summon Points to get every treasure in a character's board, so if you're grinding to get the bajillion gems, tickets and armor coins from each character, keep that in mind. That's Three runs with a Triple Exp Book and a Super Synergy Character.

If you have Quistis or Quistis friends, Use them! They will make the fight dramatically Quicker and Safer then without them!

Happy hunting, everyone! I hope you can get enough tickets and gems to pull for your favorites coming up! Even if you don't, The Summon Board Fights are Permenant, it'll just take way longer after these two weeks, since the Summon Point Bonuses go away.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I mastered Quistis and Terra summon boards and have Balthier, Squall and Zell close to being finished. It kind of sucks that bonus points are tied to a character because once I'm finished I just have to keep using them. I managed to get Ifrit to 28 and should be able to get quite a few charactets completed soon. Double Quistis makes the grind easy.

I also grabbed Quistis and Zell 90cp armour. I should have been prepared for the cost but I wasn't so I only MLB those two. 80 tokens is a lot to MLB.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I mastered Quistis and Terra summon boards and have Balthier, Squall and Zell close to being finished. It kind of sucks that bonus points are tied to a character because once I'm finished I just have to keep using them. I managed to get Ifrit to 28 and should be able to get quite a few charactets completed soon. Double Quistis makes the grind easy.

I also grabbed Quistis and Zell 90cp armour. I should have been prepared for the cost but I wasn't so I only MLB those two. 80 tokens is a lot to MLB.

Yeah, I honestly think if you are going to MLB 90 armor, you really should only do it on your favs. Getting just one and maxing it without limit breaking is good enough right now, honestly.

Though you will be swimming in armor tokens soon enough!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ifrit grind isn't so bad, I definitely don't have more than 9 characters I want to max at the moment, and getting to the treasure node is quick enough, I doubt I'll get everyone's treasures but when I'm bored I can do that.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
A relevant thing to note about this period is that it isn't just a good time to max out your current favourites, but to max out future favorites, too!

I'm going to try to get Zack, Faris and Jecht maxed out with this too, since I'm looking forward to using them when their EX/Rework comes out.

Anybody have some characters they are future proofing right now that you Know you're not missing out on?

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I honestly think if you are going to MLB 90 armor, you really should only do it on your favs. Getting just one and maxing it without limit breaking is good enough right now, honestly.

Though you will be swimming in armor tokens soon enough!
Yeah I'm definitely focusing on VIII characters first. I want to make sure Rinoa is first priority so saving them for her.
Ifrit takes foreeeeeeever when you can't bring two quistis to grind.
We just gotta follow more Qusitis's. D:

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
i've spent roughtly 70 tickets trying to get all of Quistis' weapons. I've gotten so many off banner 5* and 3....THREE copies of her EX weapon. I really don't want to use my power emblems, but I'm running out of choices here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
i've spent roughtly 70 tickets trying to get all of Quistis' weapons. I've gotten so many off banner 5* and 3....THREE copies of her EX weapon. I really don't want to use my power emblems, but I'm running out of choices here.
whatever you do, if you can help it, don't use those EXs for limit breaking, they will be more helpful later on for something else, and will make it much easier to get EX+ in the future if they are left alone.

If you gotta spend tokens, you do what you have to. They are insignificant and easy to obtain compared to gems, as all they take is time, and her 35 is literally the most important part of her kit.

Don't spend for the 15cp if you wanna save those tokens, but I'd grab the 35 cp and power stone it and the EX if you can.

The 35CP passive is the most important, if you think you can spare some more tickets, do so, but don't feel too bad if you need to use up tokens, it's super important for her, and It'll save your bacon tons of times!

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
whatever you do, if you can help it, don't use those EXs for limit breaking, they will be more helpful later on for something else, and will make it much easier to get EX+ in the future if they are left alone.

If you gotta spend tokens, you do what you have to. They are insignificant and easy to obtain compared to gems, as all they take is time, and her 35 is literally the most important part of her kit.

Don't spend for the 15cp if you wanna save those tokens, but I'd grab the 35 cp and power stone it and the EX if you can.

The 35CP passive is the most important, if you think you can spare some more tickets, do so, but don't feel too bad if you need to use up tokens, it's super important for her, and It'll save your bacon tons of times!
Thank you for the tips! I can't remember what exactly the EX weapons are used for but I do remember someone on this board saying to not use them to LB if you can help it. So I'm keeping them!

I ended up buying her 35 cp and opting not to get the 15 cp since the passive seemed insignificant. Now I just need upgrade orbs...THIS GAME!!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Celes walls Ifrit so i've been using her.

Altema updated their top 10 if you're interested in that https://altema.jp/dffoo/saikyo-611?utm_source=最強&utm_medium=Gナビ&utm_campaign=Gナビ

1) Ultimecia
2) Rosa
3) Emperor
4) Warrior of Light
5) Zack
6) Y'shtola
7) Ignis
8) King
9) Rem
10) Setzer

Remember those rankings are voted by the community so it can be highly subjective, also anyone with EX+ is going to be good for CHAOS.

Well, two favourites of mine... Rosa and Y'shtola in top 10 JP. Woo!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Altema updated their top 10 if you're interested in that https://altema.jp/dffoo/saikyo-611?utm_source=最強&utm_medium=Gナビ&utm_campaign=Gナビ

1) Ultimecia
2) Rosa
3) Emperor
4) Warrior of Light
5) Zack
6) Y'shtola
7) Ignis
8) King
9) Rem
10) Setzer

Remember those rankings are voted by the community so it can be highly subjective, also anyone with EX+ is going to be good for CHAOS.

I can run people through why these are like this real quick. Note that these are because of the era Japan is currently in, so this won't be fully relevant Yet.

1. Ultimecia is super efficient! She provides a few good self buffs, she reduces enemy defense and saps them, which is VERY useful in more difficult content, and her Brv++ and Hp++ are Rediculously useful against both multiple and single targets! Plus free ability longevity, and EX provides multiple free turns.

2. Rosa's Pray and her EX buff combined make her, bar none, the best Aura buffer in the game. She increases MaxBrv, iBrv, Atk, Regen, AND OVERFLOW LIMIT. Her battery and reraise are toppings on the cake. Plus free ability longevity.

3. Emperor has insane wave clearing power, and has three seperate follow-ups that go off either after the enemy acts, or when the ability that places them is used! Since his EX places both ability traps plus a special one, that means his EX potentially hits 4 times in a row, traps nearly always breaks enemies after they attack, and with overflow, batteries can make his traps even more efficient, as they all dump his brave! Plus Ex trap skips turn and he debuffs defense and speed.

4. Warrior of light has way too many ability uses, and his Shield of light does too much, it protects everyone's brave with a second set of brave health that DOESN'T give enemy brave if it's depleted, it multiplies everyone's brave, it provides a nice buff, and it dumps his HP, with the shield providing protection from break after dumping. He even gets extra longevity from Brv++ and Hp++! He's just so generally effective and helpful! Plus Ex Heals and overflows and he can Brv+Hp attack, lock attention and increase evasion with his second ability.

5. Zack is an insane damage tank with very good longevity thanks to his HP++, and his EX not only does crazy damage and restores his Brv, and gives him HP Regen, but has a unique buff that denies a large amount of potential Brv damage, leaving enemies more likely then not hitting Zero, not touching him at all! Super self sufficent, yet effectively benefits from batteries! Plus can lock very consistantly with EX and provides good aura.

I'll do the next one in a different post, but suffice it to say, Longevity is the name of the game, and these characters play it well!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

1) Ultimecia
2) Rosa
3) Emperor
4) Warrior of Light
5) Zack
6) Y'shtola
7) Ignis
8) King
9) Rem
10) Setzer

6. Y'shtola is just such a powerful all-round support! She delay's enemy turns while dumping, she batteries 120% her own Current brave, while providing MaxBrv buff and, most important of all, she has the most powerful Support EX in the game, healing Hp Without cap, Reviving, providing maximum brave, buffing her own Max brave, providing Regen, making her HP attack battery herself, dump, then battery her allies by half the damage dealt, passively keeps her from dying at 50%+ Hp, and the kicker is, IT'S A FREE TURN! Best in emergencies, great general use!

7. Ignis has many support options, and can switch between defense and offence aura's with his second ability, batterying his allies along with a free turn to choose it's effect!. Memory lane Pastry provides a ton of atk and MaxBrv overflow, and Bird Bowl gives Hp Regen and Debuff resistance, while providing unique Brv+ and Hp+ for both that usually raise party brave in some way. His EX batteries everyone, then it does HP damage based on the party's Brv, then immediately let's them act, even letting you control who goes first, coordinating a powerful follow up! Plus first ability heals everyone based on max Hp and provides party atk and max brv buff

8. King just can't stop attacking! He only needs to use one ability to deal four consistantly high Brave hits and an Hp chaser, and his EX, though slow, does lots of damage three times, with massive overflow, and a powerful self buff! His second ability complexity refreshes his first, while providing party battery, and HP attacking, making every turn he takes simply a turn full of damage. Plus Crazy longevity due to ability refresh and Free turns with break.

9.Rem provides a very unique level of turn control, simulatiously buffing herself and a single ally with Max Brv and Speed, providing both battery, expending no turns of her own in the process, and immediately switching places in turn order with them. She can therefor be incredibly efficient in providing her two allies with all the flexibility necessary to preform devastating combos otherwise too difficult to leave to chance. She also dumps brave and batteries effectively, can heal everyone and provide an Atk buff, and her EX deals tons of Hp damage while providing healing and battery. Plus longevity with Free ability after EX.

10. Setzer lives up to his name as a gambler! Even with low ability uses, he provides massive utility and longevity with his EX and careful ability use. His first batteries himself and his allies massively, does a single powerful brave hit to all enemies, shared HP damage, max brave buffs everyone, and Freezes enemy brave gain for 2 turns, completely denying enemy HP attack damage. His second ability hits with three brave hit plus HP attacks three times in succession, finishing with turn delay. And his EX provides battery to everyone (but the one with the most brave, for some reason?), does a ton of hits, and provides an Aura buff that raises max Brv and Atk for everyone, especially himself! Plus longevity with Brv++ and Hp++, and his EX charges very quickly.

I hope I gave a good rundown on why people are loving these characters in Japan, and I hope this provides good context for future pulls! Go for your faovrites if you like, just know that none of these character are the best, unless they work together in a team that makes the most of their strengths!

And most bosses will deny certain strengths, and be vulnerable to certain strategies, so try to space out who you want to get so you're prepared for any situation!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I knew a few of them but thanks for the info!
Honestly, I don't like Ignis, his kit seems way too convulted, when I see video of him, he does 3 actions just to really act once and no shaving will hurt him in the long run, I admit his EX is really powerful though.
I see Serah is considered a good buffer/de-buffer but the trap is that she needs perfect artifact for that and Global will certainly not give them since it's way too late now, strongly feel like we're getting rework for those 6 characters instead.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Hi Guys. I just asked, not even a week ago, but I wanted to double check before I spent these 20 tickets they gave us.

Is Quistis the best gear to chase right this very second? I mentioned I already have her EX. I'm kind of behind, a combination of life busy and another game stealing my attention, so I feel like I don't know what's-what, so! I'll use these 20 tickets on either Quistis, Rosa, or whatever you guys say ...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Hi Guys. I just asked, not even a week ago, but I wanted to double check before I spent these 20 tickets they gave us.

Is Quistis the best gear to chase right this very second? I mentioned I already have her EX. I'm kind of behind, a combination of life busy and another game stealing my attention, so I feel like I don't know what's-what, so! I'll use these 20 tickets on either Quistis, Rosa, or whatever you guys say ...

Yes, she's pretty much the best character in the game right now. Her Awakening, ex, and 35 make her super ridiculous. I suggest pulling for her but if you have weapon tokens just get her 35 with that. Since you already have her EX (I may have missed you post that xd) you should be set! Rosa is also amazing and can revive the whole party with her 35. If you feel like you need that utility then by all means go for her but Quistis is the best right now.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017

Easily, yes. Good unit for a good while and even longer as a friend unit. You got one of the most important things, her EX. So, like Hikari said, token that 35 or hope RNG smiles on ya with those ticket pulls.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The level 150 fight was a cakewalk with the team I mentionned (Quistis / Layle / no EX Vanille)
Since the start of the Ifrit Ultimate, I got 80+ tickets with board and missions, feels good to be at 350+ again.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Thanks!

Yes, she's pretty much the best character in the game right now. Her Awakening, ex, and 35 make her super ridiculous. I suggest pulling for her but if you have weapon tokens just get her 35 with that. Since you already have her EX (I may have missed you post that xd) you should be set! Rosa is also amazing and can revive the whole party with her 35. If you feel like you need that utility then by all means go for her but Quistis is the best right now.
Easily, yes. Good unit for a good while and even longer as a friend unit. You got one of the most important things, her EX. So, like Hikari said, token that 35 or hope RNG smiles on ya with those ticket pulls.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay Y'all, I'm coming to a big divide right now.

I know Y'shtola is getting her rework soon, and since I already have her EX, I'm good to go.

HOWEVER, I'm getting a little stir crazy waiting for her to be my favorite support again, so i have a question for the thread;

Rosa, or Lenna?

Rosa is future proof, being one of the best characters after her EX+, has free ability uses after her EX, and provides the best aura buff in the game, dramatically increasing character effectiveness as long as they are 20% from full health or death, while having effective battery ability. And speaking of death, she provides reraise with her buffs, allowing a killed character to immediately come back to life.

Lenna has a massive iBrv debuff on enemies, and has a ludicrously huge Brv Regen buff, two of them in unique frames, mixed with an iBrv buff, ensuring allies start with a ton of Brv each turn. She also provides Debuff resistance, keeping enemies from weakening your characters, and also buffs her own damage and max brave, while having a natural attack and max brave party aura.

Both of them restore brave with their EX attacks, and both of them are good. Which one are you guys after? Or are you waiting for Y'shtola, who's effectiveness I need not mention again?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'm going for Lenna until Rosa's EX+, hopefully Lenna will get her EX+ soon in JP (and Quistis her 70)
I'll pick up Y'shtola with the free EX campaign for main FF characters.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
See, as much as I like Rosa as a character, and her design is super amazing in this, I feel like I can wait on getting her until she starts to shine in the EX+ Era, but Lenna will be super useful for a long time, particularly because she will benefit Quistis, Zack and Vayne a whole bunch with her Regen.

Especially Vayne, since he get's free turns, he'll be able to make the most with her Regen to get full damage using just his Hp+. They last long enough that she can put them back on by the time they run out on him without missing a beat!

But... Rosa's buff is super duper high... and she's future proof...

This game has too many good characters in it.

At least we're finally getting Summon Boards, so we can get like potentially 240+ tickets and 20,000+ Gems from each one. These good characters are driving me bananas!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
My plan is to try to ticket Lenna EX, go for Rosa down the line (ticket or gem). Otherwise, in case of bad luck, waiting on Y'shtola rework and 70 awakenings.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

I got excited thinking maybe Raijin would also get his EX but unfortunately it was just showing his third skill and the video is for Yuri EX. When will the disciplinary committee get the respect they deserve?

xv6e1Nf.gif

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Got Rosa's 35 cp from tickets. Happy! but I want that EX. Luckily, there's TONS of tickets to get and gems from Ultimate Ifrit. I'm gonna be farming this weekend.