• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
xv6e1Nf.gif

I knoooooooow, I've been waiting for Fujin to get an EX and rework for forever now, and I want it so bad! Her kit is really cool for a character with only one Brv+Hp attack, and it's great that she enchants the party with wind while weakening the enemy to it so quickly!

I hope Raijin gets a nice fix, but I'm seriously looking forward to Fujin.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to put this up, it's hilarious!

Quwie is a Opera Omnia player that puts a lot of energy and work into his videos playing both JP and Global, and his enthusiasm is positively infectious! Give him a look if you want to see different characters in action, as well as event completions and challenge runs!

He certainly deserves any views he can get!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to put this up, it's hilarious!

Quwie is a Opera Omnia player that puts a lot of energy and work into his videos playing both JP and Global, and his enthusiasm is positively infectious! Give him a look if you want to see different characters in action, as well as event completions and challenge runs!

He certainly deserves any views he can get!

I immediately noticed the 65959 days left for items x3, before he starts the battle, haha, weird bug/glitch?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Update.

Absolutely nothing with the 20 tickets. Also did 2 5k pulls and got 1 more Quistis EX and 1 15cp. 22 weapon stones so I guess in 3 more I will get the 35cp.

Then while doing Rosa event, got enough for one more 5k pull. Was a good pull with 4/11, to include Rosa EX and Rosa 15cp.

I already have a fully maxed Y'sh with ex so not sure if/when I will use Rosa.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Think the one of the levels in Ultimate Ifrit WOI gives 3 weapon stones. Going by Razorrin's post awhile back, Rosa eventually becomes amazing. Though I think she needs most of her kit to really shine right now though.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Update.

Absolutely nothing with the 20 tickets. Also did 2 5k pulls and got 1 more Quistis EX and 1 15cp. 22 weapon stones so I guess in 3 more I will get the 35cp.

Then while doing Rosa event, got enough for one more 5k pull. Was a good pull with 4/11, to include Rosa EX and Rosa 15cp.

I already have a fully maxed Y'sh with ex so not sure if/when I will use Rosa.
Congrats! Think the one of the levels in Ultimate Ifrit WOI gives 3 weapon stones. Going by Razorrin's post awhile back, Rosa eventually becomes amazing. Though I think she needs most of her kit to really shine right now though.

Yeah, Rosa's Truest strength will come in the EX+ era, but right now, she nearly fills buffing duty for two characters at once, giving, I think it's around 50% increases in Atk, Max Brv and iBrv to everyone, with an extra 25% in both Atk and iBrv with full White Mage artifacts.

All Her abilities and EX also provide battery to her allies, based on damage done, and are consistently good damage and long lasting, and since Luminous Arrow, her EX, provides a free ability use after, along with having Brv+ and Hp+, she has Excellent longevity!

Right now, she fulfills the role of a long lasting battery attacker with huge buffing power and solid damage output, and will eventually blossom into an insane buffer with insane battery power.

Her only weaknesses are the fact that her great aura is conditionally only accessible with at least 80% or at most 20% of health, if you're in that middle 60%, you're losing that buff! Plus, even though she can reraise, she can't heal, and reraise can't undo HP damage you take past your max, leaving you with a lower score anyway if your characters die.

Have fun with her! I want to get her EX super bad right now, but I'll just have to be patient until Lenna and Y'shtola's Rework comes around.

If anyone can't decide between them all, You'll have three days after Lenna comes out to pull for Rosa before her banner ends.

Edit:
forgot to mention, she's useful now, but her LC + EX+ comes with her rework too, giving her abilities a little extra Oomph, divine blast a little natural overflow, and prayer finally gets it's own Hp Regen effect. Her EX+ graduates her into "the best" territory, but that'll be another time!

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I will eventually force myself to find time to read internet or do my own testing and figure out for myself...

but my (becoming outdated) go to team right now has still been Cait Sith, Garnet, and Beatrix. While I know the teams/meta is ever evolving in this game, I don't spend enough time to have great artifacts and "blue" gear for all so I try to stick with something as long as I can. (Also I don't consistently do the EX difficulty).

So with that disclaimer .. the "dps" of the group can/will change, but is Quistis and Cait Sith together viable? As simple as a buffer and debuffer?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I will eventually force myself to find time to read internet or do my own testing and figure out for myself...

but my (becoming outdated) go to team right now has still been Cait Sith, Garnet, and Beatrix. While I know the teams/meta is ever evolving in this game, I don't spend enough time to have great artifacts and "blue" gear for all so I try to stick with something as long as I can. (Also I don't consistently do the EX difficulty).

So with that disclaimer .. the "dps" of the group can/will change, but is Quistis and Cait Sith together viable? As simple as a buffer and debuffer?

Yup! Cait Sith has deceptive longevity if you're careful about using his Brv+, and Quistis just never stops delivering huge amounts of Hp Damage and speed debuffs if she has enough Atk support. Beatrix also has solid longevity, but her defense buffs overwriting Cait Sith's attack buffs can still prove a concern if you aren't careful! It's less that it's hard to fix, it can even work out well enough since she batteries before she replaces the Max Brv buff, it's just a hassle to replace them prematurely in longer content.

I like Garnet a lot, but her greatest strength comes from her EX and her abilities providing weakness for allies to exploit, outside that she really needs a rework to build up her potencies so she can keep up her offense.

If I were you, I'd invest a little bit in Lenna when she comes out, since she provides a huge enough party Brv Regen boost without taking up too many buff slots, that'll mix with Cait Sith's to give everyone Rediculous amounts of Brv every turn without having to use abilities for them! Not to mention her party Debuff resistance keeping the buffs on, and iBrv Debuff keeping enemies from recovering too much Brv for HP attacks!

The name of the game is always diversity, though, and you shouldn't feel bad if you didn't fully MLB every super useful character. I have literally cleared tons of content using Barret and Lilisette along with one of my mains, because even with only one copy of their 35 CP, they are super useful! I haven't even fully maxed my Setzer yet, and he's one of my favorite characters! Same with Galuf!

So don't be too bummed out if you miss the boat on some character's EX, or if you can't get all the weapon passives. The most important part is building up to their Crystal level, and that comes easy enough in events. If you can experiment with what you have, you can clear the toughest content, no matter what!

Research is a good idea, though, if only because it can be tricky to see how a character performs in raw stats in game without solid numbers. And artifact grinding is a huge pain, and should be done sparingly for your mental health, even With edojas!

Beatrix is still good though, she's just slowed down a little by now. She still has tons of use, and her defensive boost is no joke in tough content if it doesn't overwrite useful buffs!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Just as a reminder to anyone who has gotten or gets lucky with multiple EX's, I'm gonna stop beating around the bush and give you the main reason people tell you to save them.

In the EX+ Era, you have two different resources for EX+. The first are Pages, and they are used to create Books to Awaken fully limit broken EX weapons into EX+, and provide an Ingot when you do so.

The second are Ingots, and they Limit Break EX+ weapons.

As of now, Ingot's are super scarce on their own, and are Very rarely ever made available in events or special occasions, but Pages are a consistent reward from a lot of content.

The reason people say, "Save your EX's!" Is because every EX you fully max out, even the same ones for the same characters, is another Ingot you can use to achieve the fullest power of a character's EX+, and there is a LOT to gain from maxing those bad boys out.

So, in summary, Maxing out as many EX Weapons as you can and eventually Awakening them will make Maxing out EX+ Weapons MUCH easier, so the more you can do the Former, the easier it'll be to do the Latter.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh god, I just realized, super important thing to bring up:

The event time of two weeks is JUST for the mission with the ultimate Ifrit trials, meaning you Can just do the missions and leave the rewards and summon points for when you want them!

EDIT: However, If you want to make Summon board farming easier on yourself, you should do what you can in that time, as the Super Synergy that affects the whole party will only be in effect for the first two weeks. Disregard most of this post!

This isn't a situation where you only have this period for Ifrit summon boards to not take a billion years to complete after the event is done.

The super synergy characters will always be there to double your points, and you can always come back to it since it's permanently available, meaning there is no rush to complete everyone's board right now.

Just try to complete 6 character's boards in the allotted time, and try to complete the ultimate trial by and get Ifrit to lvl 30 to get the missions completed. After that, if you only want to do it 4 times per full SP restore occasionally to save on using all your potions, that's totally fine!

This is also how the other boards are going to go as well, even though I'd recommend trying to get the three super synergy + 3x exp book runs done now instead of later, to get the 1800 (1700) Summon points necessary to unlock all the gems, tickets and armor coins from each character, you can totally wait until some real powerhouses come up to do it, potentially faster then you can now, like Vayne and Zack.

Anyway, Don't stress the Summon Boards too much right now, they aren't going anywhere! Just try to finish the missions if you can within the time frame, and do what you like after.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Caught up on content tonight. All Lost chapters done including hard modes for Kuja and Quistis. They were too easy because powercreep on Quistis is real and Lightning EX has turn delay too so pretty much RIP everything. At 100k gems now so I feel great. It seems I made back my gems very fast! At 50 tickets currently. I'm gonna keep grinding summon boards for more and then go for ticket pulls for Rosa EX and also maybe use gems since I'll prob be at well over 110k by then. I'm having so much fun grinding the board for multiple characters.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So after using a bunch of tickets and failing to get it (although I did get a lot of her 15cp's), I decided to try some pulls and hope for the best...and got Rosa's EX in two pulls along with her 35cp. :)

She seems like a great character now, but I know if anything it's a future investment as well because she becomes very good with her EX+ in the future.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Edit: Turns out, if you want to be efficient, you really should do all this in the first two weeks of a Summon board, since Super Synergy only affects the team in that time. Otherwise, Regular Synergy characters that rotate around will still receive twice the points for themselves.

Alright, I crunched the numbers, and found out just how many Potions you need to get all currently available 92 characters the summon points needed to get all the chests in their summon boards right now.

For the sake of politeness, I'll spoiler-tag the two big portions so that this post doesn't take over the page.

So, first off, the calculation for this is actually pretty easy! You need 1700 to get all the chests, and since the most you can get per run is 600, through the use of a Synergy Character and a 3X exp book, assuming you don't change the synergy character, or your powerful character, you will be rotating your third wheel every three runs. This will ensure each run ends quickly enough to keep you from wasting all the 3X exp books you're gonna need, since those are frankly more valuable than potions.

So, removing the two necessary characters, it goes:

90 x 3 = 270

90=Number of Characters
3=Number of Runs per Character
270=Number of Runs to get all chests.
That's how many runs you need. No need to do it all at once, but that certainly looks daunting!

We can then extrapolate this into how many potions would be consumed in the process, and that is a much quicker equation, since they restore full SP each use, and from full SP you can do four runs. Therefore, each potion used are four runs.

270 / 4= 67.5 Rounded Up = 68

270=Number of Runs
4=Number of Runs per SP Potion used
68=Number of SP Potions needed (Rounded Up)

So yeah, you need 68 SP Potions to get all the chests for each character. You probably need a few less if you're pacing yourself between 30 minute intervals to build up the SP gauge effecently, but that's the ceiling.

And what is your reward for all this hard work? I can answer that with math too!

Each character has chests with the same contents placed interchangeably between the three points in their boards. They are:

3 Tickets
300 Gems
5 Armor Tokens

That's quite a little haul for each character, but supposing you want to get each character's treasures, this is how many you'd get by multiplying these with the amount of characters currently available, which is 92 right now.

272 Tickets Total
27,600 Gems Total
460 Armor Tokens Total

In Summary, in roughly 68 SP Potions, with roughly 10+ Runs per book, you can get:

272 Tickets, 27,600 Gems, and 460 Armor Tokens!

So now you see why people are trying to grind these out! There is a lot to gain, and that's just for the first Summon board! There are potentially Nine more of these coming out eventually, nearly every two months!

And the best part is, you don't have to do it all at once! You can just pop a 3X exp book for half an hour, grind out 10+ runs, and try some more tomorrow, The Ultimate Trials are permenant!

So go out there, and bag yourself some tickets and gems for your favorites! And if you get the ones that are super rad, like pretty much any of the ones coming out this month, you can liberally use the Armor Tokens you'll get to your hearts content!

Last edited:

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, I just realized, super important thing to bring up:

The super synergy characters will always be there to double your points, and you can always come back to it since it's permanently available, meaning there is no rush to complete everyone's board right now.
This is not true. Super Synergy only lasts two weeks and is the main reason it's important to do all your grinding now. If you wait, it will literally take you at least twice as long once Super Synergy is gone.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
This is not true. Super Synergy only lasts two weeks and is the main reason it's important to do all your grinding now. If you wait, it will literally take you at least twice as long once Super Synergy is gone.

One question, I maxed 6 characters for the timed extra gems, but I intended to use the Ifrit Board as a reserve "gems and tickets mine".

What's the best way to farm without super synergy?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Oh dang you're right, UH OH.

I did some extra research, and it seems like Super Synergy might be temporary, but after the first two weeks of a given summon board, characters can get rotating Synergy for all summon Boards as time goes on.

So, the main thing is, Try to max out priority characters in the first two weeks, since it's only in that period that their synergy affects the whole team, and not theirselves.

My apologies for misinformation, I'll quickly add a few addendums.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh dang you're right, UH OH.

I did some extra research, and it seems like Super Synergy might be temporary, but after the first two weeks of a given summon board, characters can get rotating Synergy for all summon Boards as time goes on.
That rotating synergy is just the normal double xp featured characters get, I believe.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
You get 500 gems and a 15 cp, and YOU get 500 gems and a 15 cp!

EVERYONE GETS TWELVE DIFFERENT 15CP'S!!!

ALSO 6000 GEMS!!!

I'm looking forward to Perfectum Impressions and people going "oh sick, finally maxed these 15 passives"

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading a reddit thread about uneven gem count, I completed everything and I was at x20 so I bought a 120 gems thing.
Today after completing Kefka LC I was at x80, please kill me lmao

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm gonna put out a warning here, I know it feels like a good idea, but please don't eat the difference and spend 4 power stones to max out a 15 CP if you're feeling impatient, those stones should be held and coveted for EX weapons and, in some cases, important 35 CP weapons.

I learned that lesson early, and I had to pay the price... of gems, for pulling, since I didn't want to waste powerstones I didn't have.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm gonna put out a warning here, I know it feels like a good idea, but please don't eat the difference and spend 4 power stones to max out a 15 CP if you're feeling impatient, those stones should be held and coveted for EX weapons and, in some cases, important 35 CP weapons.

I learned that lesson early, and I had to pay the price... of gems, for pulling, since I didn't want to waste powerstones I didn't have.
Very good point. I've done that in the past with 15CPs and then quickly realized that most of the passives aren't critical for that particular characters set.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Heck yeah, I gunned for Kefka with tickets and managed a copy of his EX and 35 CP, along with maxing his 15CP! I'm going to max out his Clvl and hopefully he can be a great debuffer for my teams!

I should mention that you really shouldn't gun for him if you don't like him or his kit, he's not going to stay super relevant for very long.

I wanted him since I was getting way too many Black Crystals and I was into his kit way back when his event launched.

Edit: After having some time with him, I honestly like his kit. He can provide some cover for the party with Trine, denying any HP attacks and making a fair few Brv attacks miss, and the fact that all his attacks overflow and hit at least twice makes him a very good character to pair with a battery.

Another good thing is, since his debuffs are for Atk, Def, and Spd, and you never replace debuffs with stronger effects then yours, he actually doesn't overwrite certain important debuffs from characters like Quistis and Vanille, although the fact that he can fill up the whole six allowed buffs/debuffs on enemies by himself does require a bit of tricky attention.

Also, Havoc Wing is great. I would honestly say, Tickets if you're interested, but save your gems for the real MVP's of the month. I'll be pulling Golbez with Tickets when he comes out, and if I play my cards right, I should have enough gems to pity pull both Zack and Vayne by the time they show up.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've been away on vacation the last 10 days and other than dailies, I haven't done anything else and omg there is so much to catch up on! I'm not even sure exactly where to start. That 7000 gems reward was a nice surprise though. Love this game so much. <3

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
It's the most generous Gatcha Game on the market! Everyone should know that!

Anyway, I'm actually super dissapointed in JP players right now. All this time, and nobody made a Gif of Kefka's EX animation. For shame!

Can't find or make a gif myself, so I'm part of the problem!

Also, I found out about a very helpful database that provides exact information on ability potencies, buff percentages, a bunch of stuff! Check it out, it's pretty handy! If you see this, Props to the person who's updating this, you're doing amazing!

Safeena's Database

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Summon boards+content drop, now at 159K+ gems and 670+ tickets. Rinoa/Lenna can't get here soon enough!

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
i'll double check, but update/whatever is 8pm here usually. Maybe I missed something.

Edit: You were right! Madvin_a -- you take such good care of me over here. I wish I could get you to play this other mobile game I play!

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Madvin_a Hikari

Thank you again Mad, made me feel so much better, this would have been the first event I had missed since I started playing DFFOO again in November, and I haven't missed a FFRK event in 3 years lol (as a comparison). Just that nagging feeling of mobile games I guess.

Anyway, I still had a couple things to do before bed but I was able to start with 40 mins left. But since I'm not quite as leet as you guys and my Quistis is only 50/25 (I have been neglecting game lately).. i wasn't able to finish everything, but I did all of Normal, and I finished all of Hard except for Pt 13 and Pt 15. So I got most of the rewards. Thank you so much for that!

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Madvin_a Hikari

Thank you again Mad, made me feel so much better, this would have been the first event I had missed since I started playing DFFOO again in November, and I haven't missed a FFRK event in 3 years lol (as a comparison). Just that nagging feeling of mobile games I guess.

Anyway, I still had a couple things to do before bed but I was able to start with 40 mins left. But since I'm not quite as leet as you guys and my Quistis is only 50/25 (I have been neglecting game lately).. i wasn't able to finish everything, but I did all of Normal, and I finished all of Hard except for Pt 13 and Pt 15. So I got most of the rewards. Thank you so much for that!

I'm really impressed some of you people manage to play multiple gacha/mobile games at once (Especially Record Keepers/Mobius/Brave and/or Opera Omnia).

In the end of last year, Opera Omnia turned in a second job somehow for me. I'm glad I was able to overcome this.

I normally play this game on the bus going to work and before sleeping. Only in weekends in freetime I try to grind or complete events, but normally I want to play PS4, Switch or 3ds games I still have to finish.

Guys, or Tensais, please tell me your secret for gacha time management!!!!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Hey, nothing wrong with popping in for your dailies and login rewards and peacing out, sometimes you just don't have time to do anything, or you don't have anything left to accomplish for the time being.

Just give Opera Omnia a little love every day, and try to make time for the events you like, and the missions you want to do! You'll have a ton of time until you don't, so organizing the gaming time you know you'll have in advance can help you keep your time off fresh and fun!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017

The obvious answer, multiple phones/tablets to play multiple gacha games at once!

Somewhat joking aside, Razorrin covered things pretty well. Though, I'll add, don't stress permanent content and do content you want/like. I know I skipped lots of EX's and even grinding out Co-Op's cause I found them too difficult/annoying/time consuming, etc.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
We're almost there, baby! Better make time to get all the tickets you can, otherwise THE LUNAR WHALE'S MAKING A STOP AT GOLBEZ TOWN!!!

I'll make a post detailing his kit, but for now, look at these amazing Moogle Cosplay fanarts a great Reddit user named Ceremono has been putting up in the DFFOO Reddit lately, they are amazing!

6vu42gy05hz21.png

(p.s. Lulu's going to be great, even without her EX, when she shows up as a fire weakness enabler, party fire enchanter, and super rad damage dealer. She's like if Fujin got the love she deserved, but for fire damage.)

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I'm really impressed some of you people manage to play multiple gacha/mobile games at once (Especially Record Keepers/Mobius/Brave and/or Opera Omnia).

In the end of last year, Opera Omnia turned in a second job somehow for me. I'm glad I was able to overcome this.

I normally play this game on the bus going to work and before sleeping. Only in weekends in freetime I try to grind or complete events, but normally I want to play PS4, Switch or 3ds games I still have to finish.

I haven't seen WarAdept as much lately, but he's the king of gacha playing. I don't know if he's toned it down, but he was playing 4 daily and all at hardcore levels.

As for me, I have trouble focusing on one because my completionist/ocd/whatever. I've been just doing the bare minimum to not miss out on anything in FFRK, and here I'm only able to keep up (just barely) because I don't do EX battles, so my level of play doesn't require a lot of time. I'd like to of course, just well, juggling 3 mobile games.

Also important, I don't play Console/PC games anymore.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I loved Lulu so much growing up playing Final Fantasy X, such a cool design and mature character! When I saw that her overdrive ended up as her EX, I lost my mind!!! I'm seriously looking forward to picking her up sometime, I hope I get lucky on her banner! You won't be seeing her on banner until her EX+, but she's pretty useful as is!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Since I got Quistis's EX easily, I have a strong feeling I'll have to pity Golbez.
Oh well, I'm prepared for it anyway.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you very much!
I needed powerstones so I summoned on Rosa's banner and 26 tickets later

02498184-2dca-4209-ab8akzf.png

RNG please... this isn't going to help with my powerstone problem.