• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I finally got a chance to start on the summon board yesterday. I initially had these huge ambitions to level everyone's board during the event but after working through one, that quickly faded lol. I did finish Cloud, Tifa, Quistis, Vanille, Celes, and WoL and am working on Terra and the rest of the VII cast before synergy ends then will probably take my time with the others.

Also grabbed Cloud's 70cp armor so my boy is ready for his rework cause it should be here soon! Hopefully after E3 when the hype will be real.

30k gems, not bad.

cbb2569f-3123-4d73-b5fmkt2.png

533fb91f-0605-4a6a-8edbkjl.png

Also got his 15/35 on the first multi.
'Grats! It's been a long time coming :)

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I redownloaded this and am playing for the first time since about a month and a half after launch. I feel super far behind and nobody will co-op with me lol. They see me come in and immediately disband.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh man, I'm so glad I got it in Tickets within 40, I'm so freaking happy right now!

Here's the Black Mages cover of Battle with the Four Fiends for all you guys to enjoy!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
30k gems, not bad.

cbb2569f-3123-4d73-b5fmkt2.png

533fb91f-0605-4a6a-8edbkjl.png

Also got his 15/35 on the first multi.

Damn, that's insanely good luck you have there but looks like you didn't need it with that gem count. Absolutely crazy! I wonder if you can pull everything you ever wanted with that... haha. I'm so glad you finally got your favourite :)

Thank you very much!
I needed powerstones so I summoned on Rosa's banner and 26 tickets later

02498184-2dca-4209-ab8akzf.png

RNG please... this isn't going to help with my powerstone problem.

........I still can't get this from tickets. I'm gonna have to use gems since her banner ends soon. Your luck is insane! Mine can be sometimes but wow you got two amazing ex and given that Rosa is amazing in the future... it's a great pull!

I redownloaded this and am playing for the first time since about a month and a half after launch. I feel super far behind and nobody will co-op with me lol. They see me come in and immediately disband.

It's possibly either because you are in a boosted room or your characters are super underleveled. Either way... to get up to speed is incredibly easy. This game has very friendly gem count and exp books are everywhere.

Congrats Razorrin on the Golbex EX as well!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks again guys, I was rushing it since new events drop at 4AM here and I needed Golbez ASAP haha.
I won't MLB Rosa until her EX+ but it's nice to be ready for it already.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Hey, no worries! Follow me, my info is in the spreadsheet or in my post history as Razorrin, and I'll help you clear Golbez's event! just PM me on here when you want to, I got stuff to do today in 5 hours, but I'm ready now.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
No Golbez EX yet, but at least I've gotten enough of his 15CPs to MLB it fourfold.

Now I just need Exdeath to get added and I can get my fearsome warlock threesome going with Golbez, Exdeath, and Kuja.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
So this is the second time where I got an EX on my first but can't for the life of me get the 15 or 35cp. Going to have to again use my power tokens to get Golbez 35...ugh.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay people, I just realized something super important regarding Kefka's usefulness...

So, remember Launch meta? Getting tons of launches with Layle and his unique debuff, making summons and EXs charge faster? Shaving and dumping brave during it?

Kefka's Brv Attack Meteor and Meteor+ goes away the moment you use them, and while it's actually very useful to set up his attacks since all his abilities have 150% overflow, it's sort of lame to use a turn just to shave brave, unless...

In case none of you knew, when you chase, your Brv attack, if transformed to have additional hits or extra potency, gets condensed into the Brv Attack in the chase, letting you get more then the max Brv of 9999 if your attack does that much.

All this to say, Kefka actually benefits a whole ton from chases, since his powerful Brv+ does all it's damage in the chase, without reverting back to a regular Brv Attack!

Keep this in mind once Fang gets her rework, and becomes a launching machine! Let alone the other characters that guarantee launches like cloud and Dark Knight Cecil.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
So I have definitely come around on Quistis from my original impression. She is bananas. She makes grinding Ifrit so much more manageable.

But why the heck is she not wearing her glasses?!? Girl needs to see. Plus, specs are sexy.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Specs are sexy Calliope, and this is the perfect time to ask someone how to play her, hehe.

I've got some time to catch up DFFOO today, so what do I do with my Quistis?
Grab a friend Quistis, take em into Utimate Ifrit, and delay that fire monster away. Seriously, Ifrit likely won't even get a turn in if you spam Degenerator Whip between your Quistis and your friend Quistis. Take an event synergy character as well for extra points. I like both Vanille and Celes for this event. Celes is awesome if you have her decently built. Your third can be whoevs. I'm mostly working on VII characters and peeps I have EXs for.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Grab a friend Quistis, take em into Utimate Ifrit, and delay that fire monster away. Seriously, Ifrit likely won't even get a turn in if you spam Degenerator Whip between your Quistis and your friend Quistis. Take an event synergy character as well for extra points. I like both Vanille and Celes for this event. Celes is awesome if you have her decently built. Your third can be whoevs. I'm mostly working on VII characters and peeps I have EXs for.

I have a 60/60 Celes with EX, but that's about it, not mlb-everything or any of that jazz, thank you for tip!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I haven't tried it yet, since I'm only now getting time to do my HUGE IFRIT TREASURE RUN, but I imagine if you take two weak characters and a maxed Quistis, and a Quistis friend, and either 30 Ifrit or 20 brothers, you can totally wait until the summon charges, summon the friend quistis, make sure they both have the Instructor's Whip buff from their Ex, and go to town during the Summon!

They'll do so much damage with all that max brave they'll have during the Summon, since Degenerator Whip batteries everyone with half max of the Quistis using it, that you could probably rely on them completely to finish the fight!

If you have a max Quistis, try a trial run of using them, a friend Quistis, and two losers, and see if they can carry the team themselves! If they can, congratulations, you're saving a few books and potions!

Remember to keep a super synergy character, though!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
For Ifrist and Quistis friend I do the following:

If friend/carry unit is targeted: Degenerator Whip, EX, Whip 'till out, EX.
If not targeted: EX, whip 'till out, EX.

Have to adjust a bit depending on group comp...but generally easy/mindless.

Oct 27, 2017
We have all these useless, repetitive fights in story mode... 5-8 story battles and 40 levels you can cheese with squall/kuja or any AOE attacker. This game is 90% repetitive grinding and 10% interesting content, and summon boards make everything worse.

/oldmanyellsatcloud

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
We have all these useless, repetitive fights in story mode... 5-8 story battles and 40 levels you can cheese with squall/kuja or any AOE attacker. This game is 90% repetitive grinding and 10% interesting content, and summon boards make everything worse.

/oldmanyellsatcloud

I mean, if you're worried about difficult, interesting content, much of the newer chapters and many of the lost chapter's hard modes are brutal, especially if you don't have the right characters to deal with them.

And plus, we're pretty close to getting the new difficulty, Cosmos, and THAT'S gonna be a nightmare, so while I see the argument that there is a lot of tertiary content, it isn't exactly different from any other mobile RPG that has stuff newbies can complete to bridge the gap to the interesting content.

I'd go so far to say that Opera Omnia has way better grind then it's contemporaries, since at it's core it's very simple. Build their crystal levels to enhance their abilities, and get their weapons to enhance their abilities and unlock their EX attack. Even the summon boards are just extra challenges for small bonuses.

You see a billion types of materia in Record Keeper, the 7 star power ceiling in Brave Exvius, All the worthless cards in Mobius, and the complete chattle characters in all three, and you start to understand how nice it is to play a mobile game where 90% of the characters are complelely viable, rather than only High Star Crossover Meta Breakers.

I respect the other mobile FF's, but this one is the most engaging to me, especially with having no stamina system for nearly all content. Huge pain in the butt in other games, I can't even care to play them with that restriction.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019

/oldmanyellsatcloud

As much as I love Opera Omnia, I've felt that way at times; it's something that can be applied to most gacha games though. At least with this game, much of the grindier portions can be attributed to min/maxing that isn't exactly necessary (summon boards, artifact farming). When I played the JP version, I kept up perfectly fine only sporadically grinding artifacts, and ignoring summon boards altogether.

On the flip side, I've played a lot of other gacha games, and few can match how F2P friendly this game is, as well as the openness of the dev/community management teams. Having spent years with games like FFRK and FFBE, DFFOO is a huge breath of fresh air for me and has raised the bar as far as what I expect from a mobile gacha game.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
As much as I love Opera Omnia, I've felt that way at times; it's something that can be applied to most gacha games though. At least with this game, much of the grindier portions can be attributed to min/maxing that isn't exactly necessary (summon boards, artifact farming). When I played the JP version, I kept up perfectly fine only sporadically grinding artifacts, and ignoring summon boards altogether.

On the flip side, I've played a lot of other gacha games, and few can match how F2P friendly this game is, as well as the openness of the dev/community management teams. Having spent years with games like FFRK and FFBE, DFFOO is a huge breath of fresh air for me and has raised the bar as far as what I expect from a mobile gacha game.

Glad to get a JP player on! I'm tempted to try a little JP just to see how rad some of the newer characters are gonna be! You got any favorites in JP you're psyched to see show up in Global?

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Glad to get a JP player on! I'm tempted to try a little JP just to see how rad some of the newer characters are gonna be! You got any favorites in JP you're psyched to see show up in Global?

Vayne, Fran, and Zack were among my favorites, so I'm looking forward to building them up here in Global. I also never got Rinoa's EX, so I didn't get to use her at all. Along with Sephiroth's LC coming soon, my gems and tickets are going to take a huge nosedive in the next few months.

I actually ended up burning out on JP, which I had played since their launch date. Maintaining both accounts was fun at first, but slowly devolved into a chore, and I found myself favoring my Global account a lot more. With all the great perks we get here (open communication with the Community Manager, early QoL updates, etc.), the JP version started to feel like the beta version, with us getting the final product, if that makes any sense at all. It's a really great dynamic shift in our favor, IMO, compared to other games where us Global players are often pining away for the perks and giveaways JP players get.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Vayne, Fran, and Zack were among my favorites, so I'm looking forward to building them up here in Global. I also never got Rinoa's EX, so I didn't get to use her at all. Along with Sephiroth's LC coming soon, my gems and tickets are going to take a huge nosedive in the next few months.

I actually ended up burning out on JP, which I had played since their launch date. Maintaining both accounts was fun at first, but slowly devolved into a chore, and I found myself favoring my Global account a lot more. With all the great perks we get here (open communication with the Community Manager, early QoL updates, etc.), the JP version started to feel like the beta version, with us getting the final product, if that makes any sense at all. It's a really great dynamic shift in our favor, IMO, compared to other games where us Global players are often pining away for the perks and giveaways JP players get.

Totally getcha, it's nice we're getting so much over JP at this point, I'm kinda feeling a little bad for them!

I'm down to pity Vayne and Zack when they show up, but I haven't given much thought to Fran, despite loving her in FF12 and thinking Whip Kick was one of the best Quickenings (that sound effect!), so I'll give her a read!

Sephiroth has also raised in importance to me, and it sucks that I have all this energy and desire piling up on these closest three months, and then I could literally care less to multipull until Emperor, but expectations evolve with time, so I hope I can get lucky by the time my two faves show up!

Raids sound like they'd be fun, and I hope I can grab Lenna when she shows up so I can have two quality EX batteries, her and Y'shtola, for future content. I've been pretty dry on that regard for a while!

Best of luck on grabbing the guy who canonically uses a whole bottle of shampoo every time he washes his hair! His speed manipulation and self buff/Regen stuff is the nonsense of LEGENDS.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have Lenna MLB so I kinda hope I won't land on her EX too quickly in 8 days.
I am in serious need of powerstones :(

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I don't have Lenna MLB so I kinda hope I won't land on her EX too quickly in 8 days.
I am in serious need of powerstones :(

You and me both, I haven't maxed Kefka's 35CP, despite the huge damage boost that'd bring, because I really want to max out Lenna when she comes'a'knockin, especially since I'm in need of a useful EX Battery character, and I can't rely on Y'shtola until her rework comes out.

Speaking of Reworks, I'm really looking forward to Cyan, Fujin and Galuf to get theirs sometime in JP. They have lots of potential, and I want to see them have their time in the spotlight. Especially Galuf, he's amazing in the right circumstances, I'd love to see him get some use outside of melee bosses.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Used 40 more tickets on Rosa banner for powerstones and trying to grab her 35CP, mission success!
I could MLB Edge's 15CP and got 3 other Rosa 15 with of course one copy of her 35, I'm back at 9 powerstones but I neither MLB Lenna's 15 or 35 so I should be fine as long as I don't get her EX first pull or something.

Can't wait for Cloud's rework as I have him maxed with WoI (but no NT Sword)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Used 40 more tickets on Rosa banner for powerstones and trying to grab her 35CP, mission success!
I could MLB Edge's 15CP and got 3 other Rosa 15 with of course one copy of her 35, I'm back at 9 powerstones but I neither MLB Lenna's 15 or 35 so I should be fine as long as I don't get her EX first pull or something.

Can't wait for Cloud's rework as I have him maxed with WoI (but no NT Sword)

Nice work! I hope it works out!

I can't believe just how many stupid weapons cloud has, but that WoI weapon is definitely the best investment, just having a dispel to go off whenever is super amazing. Not to mention unavoidable turn denial up to 4 times.

Not my jam, though. I've got somebody for that.

2wskadvsjm231.png

(For real though, Faris's rework + Ex is a big priority when it eventually happens, she's amazing.)

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I tried so many tickets and was convinced I had the worst luck in the world. I think I did over 150 tickets on Rosa's banner... but all of that bad luck gave me the best luck in the world tonight on first multi pull right before the banner ends too. I'm so happy... this is the first time I get an ex on first pull in awhile.

7nzjCZO.png

Gems are ALL SECURE for DPS Queen Rinoa. Let's go!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I tried so many tickets and was convinced I had the worst luck in the world. I think I did over 150 tickets on Rosa's banner... but all of that bad luck gave me the best luck in the world tonight on first multi pull right before the banner ends too. I'm so happy... this is the first time I get an ex on first pull in awhile.

7nzjCZO.png

Gems are ALL SECURE for DPS Queen Rinoa. Let's go!

You got this in the bag! I hope you get it soon, so you can pull for Lenna, they are a tag team of destruction! One has massive party Brave and 20% Hp Regen, and the other uses 20% of their health to deal Rediculous damage all the time.

I'm personally rooting for Lenna, and I'll throw a few tickets Rinoa's way, but I'm not going crazy. I've got my eyes on the DPS Tank King, and DPS Free Turn Elected Official, after all!

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Not to poke the bear, but I'm really surprised that EX+ has been the direction this game's moved in, rather than jumpstarting powercreep with an entire new tier of weapons beyond EX. I find myself a little more bold pulling for weapons I probably wouldn't have, reasoning that it's relatively future-proof with EX+ on the horizon.

That said, I'm all set to chase after Rinoa, but I'm still torn on Lenna at the moment. There are so many other characters I'll be going hard for in the next few months, I may just end up throwing tickets at Lenna's banner and hope for the best.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm up to 18 complete summon boards but that's it, I can't do anymore. Need a break from that grind.

Someone on my friends list is updating their message with their current count and they're up to 47. How even?!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Not to poke the bear, but I'm really surprised that EX+ has been the direction this game's moved in, rather than jumpstarting powercreep with an entire new tier of weapons beyond EX. I find myself a little more bold pulling for weapons I probably wouldn't have, reasoning that it's relatively future-proof with EX+ on the horizon.

That said, I'm all set to chase after Rinoa, but I'm still torn on Lenna at the moment. There are so many other characters I'll be going hard for in the next few months, I may just end up throwing tickets at Lenna's banner and hope for the best.

It was a good idea, honestly. EX+ provides incentive for Global players to pull for EX weapons now, and look forward to very useful results for their favorite characters later.

I'm wondering how long it'll be until they start putting out character's ultimate weapons, since they clearly saved most of those abilities for later, but I'm glad the power/luck curve isn't too rough right now. An extra EX type or full ability would be cool, but it'd also powercreap characters way too much right now, the little additional instant abilities on Lv 70 are better additions.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
5aff6372-4d4d-46fc-823ojih.png

First perfect Golbez artifact, shame about the 15CP but oh well, others I have is ATK+108 with some MBRV, will still use bells for this until Rinoa but I won't waste any more book.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Still struggling to get that Golbez EX, but at least I'm only 15k away from being able to buy it with pity tokens.
RIP my dreams of saving up for a potential Lenna EX.

EDIT: Kam'lanaut is looking great - but I'm still waiting to see Hildibrand getting added.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Still struggling to get that Golbez EX, but at least I'm only 15k away from being able to buy it with pity tokens.
RIP my dreams of saving up for a potential Lenna EX.

Sorry to hear that man! I'm sure he'll be a worthy investment, especially once his EX+ shows up!

EDIT: Kam'lanaut is looking great - but I'm still waiting to see Hildibrand getting added.

Oh dang, he's definitely gotta be in here.

a7d34cbf9053987d9a66a177eae92e7b8c8b0c41.gif

The ULTIMATE aura buffer!

(Because he couldn't do anything else, I imagine!)

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to hear that man! I'm sure he'll be a worthy investment, especially once his EX+ shows up!

Oh dang, he's definitely gotta be in here.

a7d34cbf9053987d9a66a177eae92e7b8c8b0c41.gif

The ULTIMATE aura buffer!

(Because he couldn't do anything else, I imagine!)

Considering all the times he's been launched into the skies and landed on his head - he could also be the ULTIMATE launcher.. Just launching himself at the enemy.

Edit: In other words, gotta keep that launch meta alive.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
FF hype ya'll!!!

Was kind of hoping for a global first announcement for Red XIII (with maybe a peak at him in the Remake trailer) but yeah that was pretty far fetched. The wait goes on for the best doggo.

Elsewhere pulled Golbez's EX today off a ticket, but got nothing else for him but the freebie 15cp. Hope he's still useful without his weapon passives cause I'm gonna be short on stones with Lenna approaching.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
sn85i4l5lm331.jpg

Ceremono on the DFFOO Reddit forum really knocked this one out of the park! When they eventually start selling prints, I'll put the link up, they deserve massive props and fair compensation!

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I'm up to 18 complete summon boards but that's it, I can't do anymore. Need a break from that grind.

Someone on my friends list is updating their message with their current count and they're up to 47. How even?!

Heh I'm up to somewhere in the low 20s as well, and I'm pretty burnt out on this. Much respect to those dedicated enough to go much higher, but I just went after my favorites alongside the super synergy characters, and then some of the more useful characters after. Really can't be bothered to max out characters like Yuri, Krile, or Palom, who I can't see myself using much even when they get buffed in the future.

All this E3 hype over FF7 and FF8 (both of which I think look amazing), and here we have Rinoa, Cloud's rework, and Sephiroth's LC all coming in relatively short order. I know we're just following the JP schedule at this point, but the timing of it all is really fortuitous.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm not maxing more then I need right now, but I HAVE to get all the rewards I can. That's non-negotiable, and more then 20,000 gems and over 200 tickets and armor tokens is a good reason why.

Besides, synergy characters rotate afterwards, so if a character you like is getting double, you can try to max them out then when they show up on there. I think it may be the 2X Exp thing that characters get when they are featured in banners, but I don't know for sure. We'll know eventually, just please...

Use every character you can three times with a 3x Exp book and a super synergy character while you can! Milk the rewards now, and enjoy them for future events until Shiva shows up!

There's no Guarantee a character you like or missed will get another chance anytime soon. Reddit has JP data, so look over there if you want to prioritize.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Do we know when the super synergy ends? I still have a few of my favs to get to but I'm really getting burnt out spamming quistis' delay ability...

Check the bottom right button at the main menu, it'll tell you how long each event, sale and banner has left before it's done-zo.

I think we have either a day or less to pack up our Ifritboards before we have to rotate between individual doubled Exp, rather then just have a super synergy character hook the whole party up.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Check the bottom right button at the main menu, it'll tell you how long each event, sale and banner has left before it's done-zo.

I think we have either a day or less to pack up our Ifritboards before we have to rotate between individual doubled Exp, rather then just have a super synergy character hook the whole party up.
Thanks! I guess to be on the safe side I'll power through 3 or so more characters.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Ifrit grinding is such a draaaggggg. I don't have MLB weapons for the super synergy characters or Quistis so I manage 2 1/2 characters per book (getting the treasure rewards, not max board). I wanted to get a lot done to try for Lenna and Rinoa but with only a couple of days left I'd rather play the games that aren't a chore. Ivalice characters are the husbando/waifu for me so I'm only going to toss some Hail Mary tickets to Lenna and Rinoa. May the RNG gods bless me.