• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ifrit grinding is such a draaaggggg. I don't have MLB weapons for the super synergy characters or Quistis so I manage 2 1/2 characters per book (getting the treasure rewards, not max board). I wanted to get a lot done to try for Lenna and Rinoa but with only a couple of days left I'd rather play the games that aren't a chore. Ivalice characters are the husbando/waifu for me so I'm only going to toss some Hail Mary tickets to Lenna and Rinoa. May the RNG gods bless me.

Best of luck! I experimented with making use of Golbez instead of Quistis as to max him out, and it seems that as long as you have a fairly useful attacker, and you use Vanille to dispel the Def buff, then replace her or your more useless character with Quistis, you can clear a run pretty quickly, around 3-4 min, even if Vanille and your weak link are completely useless!

Just try to make sure you follow any Quistis characters currently following you back, so they can stick around for Five turns and really lay on the Damage, and try to get her EX off with 2 uses of Degenerator Whip left, so you can make the most of her buff.

This will get trickier with Shiva, since she splits into two, and it becomes this huge pain in the kupo, but Ifrit is at least pretty easy to damage with his Def buff taken out.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I was hoping for them to tweet out a third update with Cloud's rework too but yeah it's not happening yet.

Stupid Cloud is even in their profile pic but he's just a bench warmer argh :(

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Y'shtola rework, sweet! OK 35cp and 2 powerstones on freebie pull. Need more powerstones, so not bad at all. GL all on your pull!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only got powerstones from the free draw, but I did get Golbez's EX. :)

Took only three pulls to get it, I'm saving for Seph now.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I lucked out, and managed to get a copy of Onion Knight's EX! He's sure to be a useful character for me sometime, especially when his EX+ shows up!

Now I'm waiting to snag Sephiroth's in July, and Lenna when she shows up soon! I hope the tickets I've scrounged up will get me there, I'm really looking forward to her!

Also, Damn! Y'shtola's really pulling her weight, and I couldn't be prouder! I'm hoping I can finally get her weapon passives in order, since they seemed to be of tenuous usefulness back when she released. even without any aura, she provides so much brave to the party, and now she can absolutely decimate enemies with stone!

How are you all feeling about the reworks so far? Both these and previous ones? I appreciate them breathing new life into these characters, and making them super useful, while preserving their talents!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My free 10+1

957c960a-35da-4c5b-96wakck.png

Please stop, I can't hold all those new EX lol

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Got OK's EX in my free draw.
I guess the game is taking pity on me after my lack of luck with Golbez.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got 1 OK 15CP, 1 WoL 15CP, 1 WoL 35CP and Ysh EX off of the free pull lol

I needed one OK 15CP and 1 WoL 15CP to MLB both of them and then the WoL 35CP was a powerstone.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Got 1 OK 15CP, 1 WoL 15CP, 1 WoL 35CP and Ysh EX off of the free pull lol

I needed one OK 15CP and 1 WoL 15CP to MLB both of them and then the WoL 35CP was a powerstone.

Nice work! I'm looking forward to another Y'sh on the table, I've been doing Co-ops since the event started and I feel like the only one! She's so Tactical now, it's so fun! Stone+ is such a good dump now, and the Brv+ she gets using it provides such good brave, and Medica II can set everyone up with all the brave and max brave buff they can handle! She's especially useful alongside characters with overflow, or mechanics where they dump and continue attacking. Also, her EX, during a Summon, or any other time for that matter, is a complete tide-turner.

See, THIS is why people should try playing healers in MMO's. They have so much pressure, that when you get into the groove, it becomes super Viceral and engaging! You can have a ton of fun using Y'shtola in your team, and she'll be solid until EX+, where she'll become the goddess of batteries and life.

Onion Knight gets a very good overhaul to his abilities, and it makes him very useful and flexible given Blizzard combo deals lots of off-target Damage, and Multihit has 150% overflow, but as always, you have to be careful about when you switch from Sage to Ninja! Doing it at the wrong time can stymie the party attack aura he gives at full stacks, and leave you having the weaker EX for the task at hand! His longevity is proven with careful timing. He also becomes the king of Ice when EX+ comes around, as he will have the tools necessary to make everyone deal tons of Ice damage on the opponent, as well as having his fast EX+ put a ton of damage out.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd take her in the coop but I only had her 15cp 0LB and no 35cp, man they can keep giving me surprises EXs and expect me to MLB them.
Sorry but Lenna first then I'll see.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'd take her in the coop but I only had her 15cp 0LB and no 35cp, man they can keep giving me surprises EXs and expect me to MLB them.
Sorry but Lenna first then I'll see.

Actually, you're in luck! Y'shtola is one of the most extreme examples of "nearly useless" weapon passives in the game!

Once you have her EX weapon, you are almost completely at full power. The little Def debuff on stone is nice, and the little extra brv battery on medica II can help a little, but overall, her EX is the most important part of her kit.

Once you have that, the stats it provides more then make up for any passives you'd miss from previous weapons, and with the new extensions, she is fully functional in today's meta!

Y'shtola doesn't need her weapon passives to be useful, they are not important compared to the EX, and shouldn't be focused on with Power Stones. If you have them, that's great, but they aren't game breaking.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of just maxing Y'shtola now but I'll look for her returning banner beforehand.
Edit : she only comes back with her level 70 apparently.
Actually, you're in luck! Y'shtola is one of the most extreme examples of "nearly useless" weapon passives in the game!

Once you have her EX weapon, you are almost completely at full power. The little Def debuff on stone is nice, and the little extra brv battery on medica II can help a little, but overall, her EX is the most important part of her kit.

Once you have that, the stats it provides more then make up for any passives you'd miss from previous weapons, and with the new extensions, she is fully functional in today's meta!

Y'shtola doesn't need her weapon passives to be useful, they are not important compared to the EX, and shouldn't be focused on with Power Stones. If you have them, that's great, but they aren't game breaking.
Nice to know, thanks!

Edit : used 50 tickets, no 35cp but I maxed both Y'shtola and OK's 15 CP with 2 WoL 15 dupe so 10 more power stones!

Last edited:

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get Golbez EX, I will try my luck with tickets, but now I really need to farm/save resources to Rinoa.

But Today I'm very happy with 2 Ysh EXes with the free pull.

Now I want to buy her clothes because I even not playing much of FFXIV I actually really love her. She's one of my favorite chars in NT as well.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
"Grats on those free EXs! My freebie multi might go down as the worst in this games' history.....10 bronzes and a 15cp for Edge whoooo!

It's ok though, I'll grab Y'sh's with the free EX and I should be set for Lenna, Rinoa, and "hopefully* Seph when he rolls back around.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I had forgotten how much I enjoy OK.. All these multi-hit strings

Back in OG Dissidia, starting one of his super quick brave combos, and turning it into an hp attack mid combo was super fun, so I'm glad that magic is showing up here for you!

I managed to get some boards done, but I really screwed the pooch on this. I had tons of work I had to do the whole two weeks, so I missed out or put off doing everyone's board for their tickets and gems! I'll still be able to do some more, if necessary, just at Double the cost... I hope I can do more when Shiva shows up!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Free EX roll got me all of OK weapons...15, 35, and EX...is he good? Should I invest in MLBing his stuff?

I'd rather have gotten Y'sh stuff...ugh.
He recently became super good on JP, so he's future proof https://altema.jp/dffoo/saikyo-611?utm_source=最強&utm_medium=Gナビ&utm_campaign=Gナビ

While this game have powercreep, most of the old characters get good rebalance so it's pretty much use your favorites.
Cater though is doomed to stay the worst.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Any JP players who would care to share their thoughts on Freya?

The FFIX fan in me wants to max her as soon as possible (and I'm crossing my fingers that JP will get her EX soon, and we'll get it together with her), but it has been hard to find any impressions of her, outside of the usual IX fan-squealing.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Any JP players who would care to share their thoughts on Freya?

The FFIX fan in me wants to max her as soon as possible (and I'm crossing my fingers that JP will get her EX soon, and we'll get it together with her), but it has been hard to find any impressions of her, outside of the usual IX fan-squealing.

I didn't pull for Freya's weapons so I can't speak to exactly how her mechanics work, but her situation reminded me of Barrett's in the game. Great when she was released, very useful filling the support role in a party (and without an EX weapon to bolster her kit, at that.) That said, she came towards the tail-end of the lv60 era, and fell out of favor the further things progressed into the lv70 awakenings.

Far from useless though, and her banner included both Vivi's and Zidane's EX weapons in JP for the FF9 fans out there. I can see her jumping back up into favor once they do release her EX/EX+.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally done farming Golbez's Eidojas

5f06010c-d714-48aa-9b3tj9r.png

Now to get good stuff for WoL and Y'shtola, and soon we'll have to farm Lenna as well @_@

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Finally done farming Golbez's Eidojas

5f06010c-d714-48aa-9b3tj9r.png

Now to get good stuff for WoL and Y'shtola, and soon we'll have to farm Lenna as well @_@

Man, best of luck! I'm having a hard time wanting to do any artifact nonsense, but a couple of Triple Book Hosts get's you quite a few Eidoja's, so i'm making my way there too!

Lenna's coming up in two days, I hope we can all get lucky with her! She's pretty consistently useful for pretty much forever, and she works well with characters boasting iBrv or who require hitting conditionals to be effective, with Vayne especially getting a whole lot more out of his HP+ Free Turns when each one can do roughly an extra 10000 Damage.

She basically makes every HP attack much more damaging, and can provide a huge windfall for conditionals. And that's just her Rediculous Brv Regen!

She gives 100% debuff resistance to the party, heals everyone by 20% Hp on her turn, batteries on most of her attacks, and has a special version of an iBrv Down that's dependent on the amount of hits the randomly targeting ability causing it does, which is a hearty 90% on a single target!

Watch out for her LC, though! I wasn't around when she had her event, but boy oh boy do I know how tough it was, dealing with a boss that not only hits you with a bunch of debuffs, but explicitly hits you with an attack debuff so strong, anyone afflicted becomes basically useless.

For the event, if you're lucky on getting 35CP or her EX, great! If not, bring somebody who can clear those debuffs or sling them back, like Yuna or Yuffie.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I said on her event
Well I tried Lenna EX, best I could do is with a revive, net gain is 100 gems and 3 tickets, better than nothing.
And no I'm not MLBing Lenna just for that, I will wait for her EX weapon.
Yeah that event was bullshit, even with God Sazh you could hit the boss with 1 damage.

Oct 27, 2017
The first part of the "Lennoa" era starts in 2 hours. :D

I ignored her first banner so I'll have to pull and MLB her 15cp/35cp weapons first :O

I hope 200 tickets are enough. D:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Had a crazy long day and almost forgot about Lenna's LC tonight. I have her 15 and 35 so will try a bit for her EX.

Lenna's EX fight was the one fight I couldn't finish since this game launched. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to exact a little revenge.
Yuuuup same here. That, and Vanille's LC, and oddly enough Snow's LC have been the only fights I couldn't beat at the time.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
We're reaching the lost chapters for characters when I first started playing the game (and didn't understand much about playing it). Feels like an anniversary for me hahaha

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wish you the best of luck if you're pulling for Lenna.

Edit : yep I had to pity her, my first one

75aa396f-b794-4ee1-83w2jqb.png

I saw it coming with the surprise Rosa and free Y'shtola's EXs
I guess the good news is I have a lot of powerstones now!

Last edited:

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
SInce this was my first real banner to pull on since starting (rerolled for Quintis) I was hoping to get some power stones since I'm hurting on them. Managed to MLB Lenna's 15 and 35 with no power stone used. Got her ex in 50k gems. Got enough saved for Rinoa pity plus a little still.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Got her EX on my forth multi. Actually got two copies of it on that pull so I'll tuck one away for later.

Also got enough copies of King's and Ramza's 35 to MLB them so that was nice.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Wish this game had a way to burn through tickets faster. With that said, got Lenna EX after 340 tickets.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
No EX but I got almost all of the 5* character weapons. Ill keep going for it though.
I had no idea what content was upcoming so I checked the JP roadmap and yowza. I want to build and use the next like 5 characters lol.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
My luck had to run out sometime, 105 Tickets and 10000 Gems later, I at least maxed out her pals' 35 CPs, but literally only got her 15cp. I'm sad, and I feel like I need to spend the tickets I can get from the event. This is an important EX for me and my stuff, and I really can't afford to leave it on the table.

Remember, if you're like me and you're pulling in August, you have time to get the gems up, but also, you can wait until the second part of the summer banner shows up to get more tickets.

UGH, I want her EX so bad, but I need to save my gems for Vayne and Zack!

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
My luck was horrendous on this banner as well, probably the worst streak I've ever hit in this game. 200 tickets got me everything but her EX, at which point sunken fallacy mindset kicked in... using gems, I had to hit pity in order to get it. Essentially wasting 200 tickets feels all sorts of terrible, but I'm not too salty. I've had an amazing string of good luck, getting the EXs for Kuja, PCecil, Rosa, Golbez, and Quistis all with considerably few tickets and not having to touch my gems at all.

All the best to everyone else who's still pulling or is planning to, this looks like it was a rough one for quite a few of us!