• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I'm throwing caution to the wind, and going all in for Rinoa. The prudent side of me wants to save for all that's coming, but like with Tifa, I just can't say no to a personal favorite.

Bring on Wednesday!

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope everyone catches the stream. We gotta experience that Rinoa announcement in all of its glory.

BEST FEMALE DUO COMING SOON

TBWkgWJ.jpg

tvUu9m4.jpg

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I say I'll just do the allotted 100 tickets I have for Rinoa but I feel like I'll end up dipping into my stash if I don't get anything like I did for Lenna.

Good juju to all of us!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I have 100 tickets for Rinoa and only 20K gems. Maybe didn't plan that too well lol. I'll be ok I don't get her gear though.

We def need a few QoL changes too, like a dissidia point cap increase and ability to collect gil even at max. So many exclamation points flashing at me ahhhhh.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
People are going crazy for Rinoa in the livestream chat right now but if it's like previous stream, they'll announce new character events/LC near the end, haha.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Huh, Rinoa was the first announcement, maybe a surprise at the end then???

I will continue to hold on to a global first Red XIII event until I will it into existence.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
It does sound like they have another surprise announcement coming. I would be happy with Red XIII but I want Seifer EX. ; ;
My internet is so bad right now, I won't post slides but I'll post the summary at the end.
I got you for the current announcement.

Rinoa is releasing Thursday June 27th. The Party Dress will be available with gem bundle and Lenna is boosted for the event.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
- Carbuncle Treasures returning Jul 1st
- Summer Festival continuing into August with 2 more banners
- Returning Gem and Costume bundles
- Animated Stickers. Let's Chill and Boom

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
They're going to make some decent real money off of Seph with people spending all their gems/tickets on Rinoa.

Excited for Cid too. His cutscenes were really cute and we'll finally have all the OG VII crew awakened.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oof that current run with Cater, truly the worst DFFOO character.

cemyesxqej25.jpg

Livestream rewards : 20 tickets / 5 armor tokens / 3k gems

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
They should have saved Rinoa for last because her early reveal made it seem like there was another big surprise happening lol

Anyway IM READY FOR HER GLORY AND GOD DOGGO

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I missed the stream but RINOA THE QUEEN OF DPS IS HERE.... SOON! Wow, I have 120k+ gems saved for her! Thanks for posting the news as always, Kourio and also Wazzy! Very excited. After Rinoa, Lulu will be my next gem sink.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
They should have saved Rinoa for last because her early reveal made it seem like there was another big surprise happening lol

Anyway IM READY FOR HER GLORY AND GOD DOGGO

I was thinking the same thing, and came away disappointed that the "surprise silhoutte" we got were the WoFF twins. I don't care how good they may be in JP, that banner's a hard skip for me if I ever saw one. Oh well, still a very solid stream nonetheless.

My first-world problem now is whether or not to splurge on Rinoa's party dress- it looks great, but I actually really like her default look. I felt the same way about Squall's, and I ended up keeping him on his standard outfit even after buying the SeeD uniform...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Around what time did Yuna get her EX in Japan? I'm predicting a very sneaky early release in global and that worries me kinda. I have Ashe's EX coming up to save for and if Lulu gets an ex too it might be a true gem sink lol. Oh yeah can't forget about kawaii Serah :P

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Fairly early on in the lv70 awakening era; a little after Noctis' rework, around Cinque's event.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking the same thing, and came away disappointed that the "surprise silhoutte" we got were the WoFF twins. I don't care how good they may be in JP, that banner's a hard skip for me if I ever saw one. Oh well, still a very solid stream nonetheless.

My first-world problem now is whether or not to splurge on Rinoa's party dress- it looks great, but I actually really like her default look. I felt the same way about Squall's, and I ended up keeping him on his standard outfit even after buying the SeeD uniform...
I'm definitely buying her dress but I do prefer her original outfit. Squall was an easy switch because his regular outfit is Dissidia and I hate it so much.

I hope they put his original outfit from VIII in at some point.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I'm definitely buying her dress but I do prefer her original outfit. Squall was an easy switch because his regular outfit is Dissidia and I hate it so much.

I hope they put his original outfit from VIII in at some point.

I definitely prefer his classic look. I get that it's in the spirit of the original design, but the extra parts at his hip just make me think it's the bottom of his jacket he previously sheared off. Over-designed and silly-looking, and I'm glad the FF8 remaster keeps his classic design.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I'm also thinking one of the upcoming reworks has to be Squall. His rework dropped around Vayne's banner in JP, and it wasn't so overpowered that pushing it up a month or two would make a huge difference. Should also give those who don't go after Zack or Vayne an option to keep up with events.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Looking at stream makes you think Zell is synergy instead of Irvine. That would definitely make me pull for rinoa if Zell was synergy as that way I don't have to worry about pulling again on her lc for just 1 new weapon

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So since I only recently came back to the game I've also only recently started building characters that are usable. So far I have EXs for Lenna, Y'shtola, Onion Knight, Vanille, and Cloud. Is it worth it for me to pull on Rinoa to fill an empty space? The next characters I want to use due to personal taste are Reynn and Lann and then Fran.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
So since I only recently came back to the game I've also only recently started building characters that are usable. So far I have EXs for Lenna, Y'shtola, Onion Knight, Vanille, and Cloud. Is it worth it for me to pull on Rinoa to fill an empty space? The next characters I want to use due to personal taste are Reynn and Lann and then Fran.

Depends on how your gem/ticket stash is. She's a strong choice if you're in need of magic-based DPS, and/or need more characters to fill slots for Heretics. She hits even harder than Golbez at the price of not providing much utility, but you have a few strong support characters (ie. Lenna) who'll make up for that.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

Not sure why the preview trailer wasn't posted anywhere but either way SHE IS ALMOST HERE.

MY GEM STASH AND WALLET ARE READY TO PARTY.

tvUu9m4.jpg

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
They've finally raised the cap for guard/power metals from 999 lol

I've been at 999 every day, had to burn some on random 4 star armours I'd draw.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They've finally raised the cap for guard/power metals from 999 lol

I've been at 999 every day, had to burn some on random 4 star armours I'd draw.
The unability to claim mission rewards when you had orbs maxed drived me insane, especially when you had to claim rewards to unlock other missions. I'm glad we got that.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I just recently had a son in March. He is at the point where his nightly sleep is regressing due to a huge developmental leap. I got absolutely no sleep last night because of that.

You better be damn sure I'm staying up until 10pm tonight to pull for Angelo Rinoa.

dissidia-final-faintasy-nt-rinoa.jpg

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This night was insufferable in most of Europe because of the heatwave and it's not going to be better until Sunday, so I guess I'll be there for Rinoa at 4AM

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Cleared a few more Ifrit boards, that puts me at 120 tickets. I'll start there for Rinoa and hope for the best. I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself if I do miss out on Sephiroth's EX so I'd like to save something for him, but who knows when the time comes.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I have 100 tickets saved for her. I keep saying that I'll only do those 100 and if I get it, I get it, but I have a feeling I'll end up dipping into my gem stash or using my entire ticket stash if I don't get it. (._.)