• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was able to get enough gems for Seph, so I'll pull for him. Hopefully it doesn't take a lot to get his EX.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
All those rewards for just loggin' in! Might throw some tickets at Sephiroth tommorow...otherwise, don't really plan on seriously pulling 'til the end of month/early next.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
I am most definitely going to pull seriously for Freya.. But might as well give Sephiroth a shot.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hey all y'all Sephiroth heads, his awakening cane early this year! His banner and LC is still tomorrow, but for those of you who adopted him early, now you can awaken him and see him do all sorts of crazy damage in Co-ops!

I'd love to see him in action, so drop me a line when you are doing some hosting, and I'll join up!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
The momma's boy cometh! Here's my favorite rendition of his theme, from Crisis Core, called "The World's Enemy"

Which one's your favorite? Which doofus remnant would you like to see show up one of these days? Are you not pulling because you're waiting for Vayne to take his place? Enjoy this music regardless!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Holy f*ck it only took 13 tickets!!

afa09b47-0b69-45d1-a8nsjyp.png

Now I'm glad I MLB'd him on his first release, that makes me really happy haha

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I tried 45 tickets and 2 multipull, and was very very unlucky. Only ended up getting one of his weapons, and of course it was the 15cp! Oh well, you win some you lose some. I was hoping to get lucky and bag his EX so I could build the SOLDIER squad, but it wasn't mean't to be.

I'll keep trying a bit with event Tickets I haven't gotten yet, but I'm not holding my breath too much. Best of luck to all the rest!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Glad to see a few people here were able to nab his EX! Seph's banner art is really awesome, with his EX spanning the whole length lol. That's an icon for ya.

Tried my luck with 75 tickets and 4 multidraws and nothing. I don't have much left in the way of funds so I'll hold on to it and see how things play out over the next two weeks.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Dumped all my tickets and 15k with nothing to show but 15cp dups. Ah well, need to know when to walk away and save for Vayne.

Anyway, congrats to all who were able to nab his EX!

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Used 35 tickets and got a few 15cp, but nothing more. Gonna keep saving as I just pulled Clouds ex yesterday with a few multis and need to start stockpiling again.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Holy f*ck it only took 13 tickets!!

afa09b47-0b69-45d1-a8nsjyp.png

Now I'm glad I MLB'd him on his first release, that makes me really happy haha

Damn dude congrats! I love those crazy lucky ex pulls!

Got Seph's EX!

Only took four pulls so thankfully not a huge hit on my resources. :)

Congrats! That's exactly how many I did for Rinoa's ex! Glad to see you were able to save!

49 tickets for the EX.

2f5350bab0bbee0829441f0k7b.gif

great job! The most tickets for an ex I spent was probably 115 back in the Garnet ex days while Tifa took 100+.

Glad to see so many lucky pulls and as for the unlucky ones there's no worries! I swear I used to worry about saving but this game just packs us with resources that I'm not too worried anymore. I'll be saving my stash... maybe try some tickets on seph though who knows.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I will continue to funnel my tickets into his banner until it's gone, but at least I finally got Eiko's 35cp out of it.

I swear, this is Vaan and Ramza all over again, but I will not be weak! I shall gain Vayne and Zack soon enough!

I should mention that, like the rework characters before him, Sephiroth is still super wack powerful even without his other weapons, but his EX makes him so much more. His longevity increases with free ability uses, and he gets a self buff that gives himself insane Brv Regen, but you should be able to get by to the last wave of his Lost Chapter with him using just his 15cp and his maxed out CLvl. His damage and speed debuff are super great even without all his weapons, and you can switch him out with a Quistis or something right when his abilities run out!

That being said, Hey! All you lucky people! invite your Era pals so we can see your Sephiroths in action! I want to feel bad, and determined!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We need Cosmos now, obliterating everything is fun but I want to challenge my team haha
I mean I got more than 650k score on Sephiroth LC last battle.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I CANT STOP SPENDING ON SEPH. ANOTHER 15k BUT I GOT HIS 35cp. SEND HELP.

DON'T TEMPT ME, DAWG!

anyway, don't worry too much about it if you have his 35CP now, you'll have plenty of time to build up more Tickets to lose for millions of priest rackets before his banner is done.

I hope I don't get another priest racket next time I get a gold! That'd just ruin my day!

ALSO, I'm serious about this.

Don't sell your maxed 15CP for Sephiroth, the Masamune Blade. Put it on your other greatsword users, it's really funny in action because of how long it is.

ESPECIALLY VAYNE, at least wait until Vayne shows up. It will be Especially funny on him.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I only have one weapon for Seph and Eiko, so I decided to put the stream tickets into it and see what I got. 3 Vincent tickets, who is already mlb (because he ffvii bae)

I know I keep saying I'm saving but boredom and tickets mix really well.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The Beach Bash EX+ wasn't super easy but it still wasn't a treat, unless you let one lizard buff right before the second one and you take 10k HP damage.

a2d8c113-d845-4aa2-b7omjrc.png

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Glad to see so many lucky pulls and as for the unlucky ones there's no worries! I swear I used to worry about saving but this game just packs us with resources that I'm not too worried anymore. I'll be saving my stash... maybe try some tickets on seph though who knows.
I read this post and was like, yeah, this game is super generous, I still have tons of stuff to do and summon boards to clear and there's more yet to come....spend those last 50 tickets on Seph!! So I did and I got his EX!!! So thanks for that :)

For real though I would have kicked myself if I had let it pass me by; I knew I was gonna cave with the last of my savings eventually lol. But honestly my gem stash was bone dry after my mulits yesterday and I'm already back to 5K after less than 24 hours just with all the content. It really is relatively quick to build savings back.

Feeling really lucky all in all after the last few months though. Can settle in for Cosmos and save for more favorites in the future now.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, almost perfect Rinoa.

969b3b74-10e0-4ecc-ac7gk63.png

Hopefully I'll have the same luck with Sephiroth when we'll be able to get his Eidojas on Lulu's coop.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Nice, almost perfect Rinoa.

969b3b74-10e0-4ecc-ac7gk63.png

Hopefully I'll have the same luck with Sephiroth when we'll be able to get his Eidojas on Lulu's coop.

Nice! I've been burning through treasure tomes and stamina potions, and I've gotten a single atk 108/forest owls boost. The rest have been troll rolls (atk 108/ibrv 170 and def 126/mbrv 330 seem to love my Rinoa), so I think I'll be giving up soon and sticking with what I have.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
aaaaaaaahhhh

Aaaaaaaahhhhh

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Y'know what, don't actually do what I'm doing right now, using all the tickets I get like I'm digging them out of the dumpster next to a Japanese 7-11, it's super depressing. Maybe save them up and do one big one later or something.

I say this after getting ANOTHER priest racket, like my 8th one, in like 85 tickets. I keep getting them, and it keeps kicking me down!

It's honestly not THAT big of a deal, I'm still building up my resources for My two boys in August pretty nicely, it's just super sad to me that I'm not even getting any more 15CP's or even a 35 CP for Sephiroth. Just his 35CP would take the sting out of all this.

Anyway, Jecht's EX is coming, and with it everyone's favourite Belt Dress Spellcaster, Lulu!

I'm not sure if I'm going to multipull just yet, given how I'm currently hoping to build up resources so that I don't get sad when it counts, but I wish you all best of luck in getting stuff for them!

Lulu's big thing is the old alley-oup of Fire Imperil and Party Fire Enchant, and her Damage is pretty good even without having an EX weapon yet, so if you luck out on her 35CP, she can be a huge boon to your non-elemental characters, and ESPECIALLY to Jecht! They are the secret power couple in this game for months, the combo is just that strong!

6vu42gy05hz21.png

Art by Ceremono on the Dissidia Reddit! Very good artist, check their stuff out!

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
I actually managed to land all 3 of Seph's weapons. He's definitely a game changer since with him at my side I'm actually clearing EX objectives for the first time!

Congrats to everyone else who got lucky on their pulls as well. The next big one is Vayne, right?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I actually managed to land all 3 of Seph's weapons. He's definitely a game changer since with him at my side I'm actually clearing EX objectives for the first time!

Congrats to everyone else who got lucky on their pulls as well. The next big one is Vayne, right?

Yup. Sephiroth has a interesting Niche as a character that exists to extend both his and his party's turns passively, with the not-so-niche part of dealing Laborious amounts of damage. I hope he becomes very useful to you!

Vayne is a powerful turn skipper that get's free turns like a MotherFather, and provides a ton of max brave to the party. His free turns, along with his EX giving himself back ability uses, and his useful unique Brv+ and Hp+, provides him with untold damage potential and longevity.

He pairs very well with aura characters like Lenna and soon enough, ZACK FAIR BABY! Because he has a tendency to run out any buffs he gets due to his free turns, so anything that doesn't run out while he's doing his thing helps dramatically.

I've been saving and carefully pulling leading up to him and ZACK FAIR BABY!! And as of now have roughly 110,000 Gems to rock with. You need 75,000 to GUARANTEE you'll get a character's EX even if your luck is abysmal, so I'm not taking any chances with him.

Edit: oh, news update, got seph's 35cp, so it was all worth it! I'm still hoping I can nab his EX after throwing a couple of characters through the Ifrit Board sometime soon, but I'm not going to be mad if it doesn't work out.

I hope Lion gets her rework in JP soon, I have to know those off-banners weren't for nothing.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
I've been saving and carefully pulling leading up to him and ZACK FAIR BABY!! And as of now have roughly 110,000 Gems to rock with. You need 75,000 to GUARANTEE you'll get a character's EX even if your luck is abysmal, so I'm not taking any chances with him.

Edit: oh, news update, got seph's 35cp, so it was all worth it! I'm still hoping I can nab his EX after throwing a couple of characters through the Ifrit Board sometime soon, but I'm not going to be mad if it doesn't work out.

I hope Lion gets her rework in JP soon, I have to know those off-banners weren't for nothing.

Man, Zack might actually be my favourite character in FF7 (largely thanks to Crisis Core hitting me straight in the feels). At least you'll know you'll get his EX with that massive gem stash!

Actually, I've been saving up as per the advice I got from everyone here (around 35k atm, got really lucky with tickets on Seph's banner) and seeing you're super savvy on DFFOO I gotta ask, would it be wiser to save for Vayne or Zack?

PS: Grats on the 35cp for Seph! Hopefully the EX follows soon. :)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Man, Zack might actually be my favourite character in FF7 (largely thanks to Crisis Core hitting me straight in the feels). At least you'll know you'll get his EX with that massive gem stash!

Actually, I've been saving up as per the advice I got from everyone here (around 35k atm, got really lucky with tickets on Seph's banner) and seeing you're super savvy on DFFOO I gotta ask, would it be wiser to save for Vayne or Zack?

PS: Grats on the 35cp for Seph! Hopefully the EX follows soon. :)

Zack is a longer term investment, since he get's his EX+ much sooner then Vayne and provides a ton of damage to go with his Atk and brv aura and unique tanking ability, so I'd say he's the better deal.

However, if you already have Warrior of Light's EX, you might be more interested in Vayne purely because you already have a character fulfilling tanking roles, since WoL get's really really really good when he gets his Rework.

I'd say both are super solid because they both have the same kind of basic utility, dealing tons of damage and providing aura's to their party to increase damage dealing potential.

In summary, Go with Zack if you want a really good tank with awesome longevity, and the ability to completely no-sell brave attacks, taking Zero damage while attracting enemy attention.
He will outlast Vayne with a much earlier EX+, and is a super solid teammate for practically forever.

Or, Go with Vayne if you want a unique turn delayer with huge damage potential and longevity even better then Zack due to regenerating Ability Uses, and unique turn delaying through Re-breaking enemies and taking advantage of Many free turns.
His EX+ and LC Exacerpates his ability to delay and deal damage significantly, but is far away, and thus he will be unavailable for a significant amount of time if not gained during his event.

I love them both, so i'm Saving so as not to choose, but these are your best options here, so take what works for you!

Edit: thanks for the thanks! I also love Zack as he is the final fantasy character with the best personality and I love him! Here's hoping you get super lucky when these two come out so you don't HAVE to choose!

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I'm up to 16 EX now. The new fun ones are Rosa, Golbez, Rinoa, and Quistis.

Now if only I forced to make more time for this to get everybody leveled up!

At least I'm finally catching up on contest and not getting it done the last day!

I guess my main team will now be Rinoa, Quistis, Cloud, with exceptions made as needed.

Oh and I'd really like Sephiroth EX, but missed so far on 1 pull and 20 tickets.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Zack is a longer term investment, since he get's his EX+ much sooner then Vayne and provides a ton of damage to go with his Atk and brv aura and unique tanking ability, so I'd say he's the better deal.

However, if you already have Warrior of Light's EX, you might be more interested in Vayne purely because you already have a character fulfilling tanking roles, since WoL get's really really really good when he gets his Rework.

Thanks! I suppose that settles it! I only have a small handful of EX weapons so far, sadly WoL's isn't one of them. A tank actually sounds really useful! Plus it's Zack, sooo...

Hopefully that JP feature EX shop opens one of these days on global. Seems super handy! (on paper?)

I guess my main team will now be Rinoa, Quistis, Cloud, with exceptions made as needed.

Oh and I'd really like Sephiroth EX, but missed so far on 1 pull and 20 tickets.

That's a really great team! Quistis friends have saved my butt a lot on hard fights with the turn delays. (Especially early days of Ultimate Ifrit farming.)

Also there's a new event on the way with Lulu, plenty of new tickets to gather for maybe another attempt? :)

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
No one sent help, so I kept going...going beyond what a sane human would do for Sephiroth's EX. after 30k, I finally got it. Now...now I can save for Vayne. Unfortunately, Freya will have to be tickets only.

ah a sigh of relief. I hope you all enjoy your weekends.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
WTF Vayne and Zack are early next month, they are the next event / LC after Cid/Lann&Reynn
Somehow I always though Vayne would be way closer to the level 70 awakening update than that, like September for us.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
WTF Vayne and Zack are early next month, they are the next event / LC after Cid/Lann&Reynn
Somehow I always though Vayne would be way closer to the level 70 awakening update than that, like September for us.

OH SHIT, I'm both excited and worried! I was hoping I could save up a little more, but I'm just going to have to make due. Best of luck to everyone gunning for them!

As an aside, how has Sephiroth been affecting your team compositions lately? I Imagine he's been doing really well with Lenna, but I'm interested in knowing if his constant turns and reduction of enemy speed has made any interesting issues or solutions!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
OH SHIT, I'm both excited and worried! I was hoping I could save up a little more, but I'm just going to have to make due. Best of luck to everyone gunning for them!

As an aside, how has Sephiroth been affecting your team compositions lately? I Imagine he's been doing really well with Lenna, but I'm interested in knowing if his constant turns and reduction of enemy speed has made any interesting issues or solutions!
Tried a few comp but I need Cosmos since everything is just too easy haha.
Speaking of, I went from "only" 3 EX weapons early May (Cloud / WoL / Vaan) to 11 2 months later (Kuja / Rosa / Quistis / Y'shtola / Golbez / Lenna / Rinoa / Sephiroth), pretty crazy. Don't like Vayne that much but if he can carry me until WoL rework that'll be good enough.
Will try tickets on some banners until then but even I don't know which one, will depend if I feel lucky.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
WOOOO DREAMS COME TRUE

I lucked out on mr. misplaced memory man, I Finally got the momma's boy, all I need to do is continue to be ready to pity on the greatest Ameri-I mean, Midgar Hero, and I'll have my SOLDIER BOYZ Ready to roll out!

Believe in yourself, you can do it if you try, and hold onto all your resources for what you want.

Question though, should I spend my tickets on the Lulu banner, since I have two awesome characters to pull for, or hold onto them as a Hail Mary in case I can't get Vayne or Zack in August with my gem stash?

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
WOOOO DREAMS COME TRUE

I lucked out on mr. misplaced memory man, I Finally got the momma's boy, all I need to do is continue to be ready to pity on the greatest Ameri-I mean, Midgar Hero, and I'll have my SOLDIER BOYZ Ready to roll out!

Question though, should I spend my tickets on the Lulu banner, since I have two awesome characters to pull for, or hold onto them as a Hail Mary in case I can't get Vayne or Zack in August with my gem stash?

Congrats dude!! And also to the rest who managed to pull Seph's EX! <3

Also personally I'd wait for Vayne and Zack, since from what I keep hearing they're both amazing units. I'm not sure about Jecht (especially if you have Seph) and Lulu appears without an EX, so her usefulness outside synergy might not be that high?

Just my $0,02 anyway! :)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Congrats dude!! And also to the rest who managed to pull Seph's EX! <3

Also personally I'd wait for Vayne and Zack, since from what I keep hearing they're both amazing units. I'm not sure about Jecht (especially if you have Seph) and Lulu appears without an EX, so her usefulness outside synergy might not be that high?

Just my $0,02 anyway! :)

That's totally fair, and thanks!

From now on, all the character's coming without EX weapons are build to be very good even without them. I honestly hope they throw us a curveball and make their regular EX avalible sooner then their EX+, but I don't know, they've been cool, but I don't know.

Regardless, as much as I love Jecht, I'm gonna save up, because I CANNOT afford to take any chances. These two are both very important to me as characters, and very powerful and flexible in any team, but especially a team with Lenna in it. I would be remiss to not take every precaution to acquire them!

Hope you all get lucky in August! Save up those gems, you'll need em!

In case it wasn't clear, these two are on two different banners, so you need to be extra lucky to get them both maxed out.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
From now on, all the character's coming without EX weapons are build to be very good even without them. I honestly hope they throw us a curveball and make their regular EX avalible sooner then their EX+, but I don't know, they've been cool, but I don't know.

In case it wasn't clear, these two are on two different banners, so you need to be extra lucky to get them both maxed out.

That's kind of cool! At least there's a small comfort in knowing that if you save up those weapon tokens you can get those at some point, banner or no banner (unless those don't get added).

And yeah, Zack is coming first I believe, who is a priority to me, so if I luck out I'll have something to spend on Vayne and if not... well hopefully I'll have Zack MLB'd.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
That's kind of cool! At least there's a small comfort in knowing that if you save up those weapon tokens you can get those at some point, banner or no banner (unless those don't get added).

And yeah, Zack is coming first I believe, who is a priority to me, so if I luck out I'll have something to spend on Vayne and if not... well hopefully I'll have Zack MLB'd.

Oh thank god, I love Vayne, but I NEED Zack, so I'm glad he's coming first. If I'm pitying anyone, it's the Hero.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought about going for Vayne...but then I realized I just don't care for him that much as a character and thus it's an easy skip for me (also helps that I was able to get Seph's EX.) I'm saving for the big stuff in the fall now (like when Noel arrives), though I might throw some tickets on Fran's banner and try my luck for her weapons and Ashe's EX.

Also, as much as I love Lulu, she's an easy skip because I'd rather wait for her LC where her EX weapon will be available.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I thought about going for Vayne...but then I realized I just don't care for him that much as a character and thus it's an easy skip for me (also helps that I was able to get Seph's EX.) I'm saving for the big stuff in the fall now (like when Noel arrives), though I might throw some tickets on Fran's banner and try my luck for her weapons and Ashe's EX.

Also, as much as I love Lulu, she's an easy skip because I'd rather wait for her LC where her EX weapon will be available.

Yeah, while there are a ton of interesting characters coming out after Zack and Vayne, I'd rather just save my gems until they can provide a bunch of value, like if we get a triple EX banner, with at least one really good one in there.

At the very least, I'll be saving up until EMPEROR shows up, that guy is the COOLEST. And of course...
23-FFVIII_6420.jpg

D0YX5StWkAA_lnX.jpg