• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Lulu, despite not having her EX at first, will still be very strong for a short time.
It'll be the same with other new EXless characters, they'll be usable for about a month.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Has anyone made good use of Onion Knight after his rework? His 40% attack aura would pair very well with sephy right now, but if you guys are sitting on him, here's a very important point I didn't know before about his ability buffs Sage and Ninja;

THEY MAINTAIN STACKS BETWEEN USES, MEANING YOU'LL ALWAYS USE THEM AT THEIR BEST WHEN YOU SWITCH FROM ONE TO THE OTHER IF YOU BUILT IT UP TO LEVEL 2 BEFOREHAND

Like for example, you use BlizCombo once, bringing Sage to lvl.2, then switch to BladeBlitz, turning Sage into Ninja and bringing That to lvl.2. If you switch back to sage using BlizCombo again, that'll end up at Lvl.3, and since the change happens before you do the attack, you'll pull off the splash damage, And get the 40% Atk aura!

THAT fact has made him infinitely more useable in my eyes, and his damage output is no small matter! I recommend using him even without his EX, if you have at least one of his weapons maxed! Especially since his EX ability leaves a bit to be desired... for now.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Since I lucky'd Y'shtola, I'm contemplating getting OK's EX with the free « choose your protagonist EX » we'll get near the level 70 update, I really like him and he become super good with his EX+

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've worked back up to ~125 tickets so I'll spend about 50 on Lulu. Not enough gems for her but I dig her as a character so I'll try my luck.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Holy crap, I had just used like 9 tickets to see if I can get something nice, and I got like 4 weapons for Wakka! Three 15CPs and One 35CP. I'm gonna spend like 11 more when I get them, but that's pretty nice so far!

After that, it's all going into the Hail Mary pile in case Vayne doesn't come quietly!

Edit: joke's on the game, I actually WANTED to max out Wakka's 15CP! Now I can see what all the fuss is about with him, and I can start using him when his EX+ inevitably arrives!

He seems fun! Especially since Blind is really good, and his self buffs are Ginormous! Plus he's a really good battery!

Also, when I'm in a Co-op with three Sephiroths, I like to believe it's all just the one, and he's just being super fast. It's not unbelievable!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
While I was unsuccessful in getting Jecht's EX within my limit, I sincerely hope anyone who guns for him or gets lucky cherishes his bananas damage and Regen. He is a national treasure in so many ways, and I will endeavour to make it up to him when he comes back sometime in the future!

tumblr_niyoazyzpi1tb6290o2_500.gif

We Will meet again! Your story's not over yet!

As an aside, his fight scene with Tidus before his boss in Dissidia is super awesome to me, because while Tidus was growing up, Jecht was always speaking the adage "Why do today, what you can put off 'till tomorrow?"

keep that in mind, because it leads to Tidus's best line.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Spent about 50 tickets on Lulu's banner - walked away with two copies of her 15cp and my first copy of Wakka's 35. That thing has eluded me for ages! It's always nice to check another one off.

Yeah this coop is all Sephiroth so far, haha.
lol, I usually run co-op in boosted rooms but I was just thinking of busting out my Seph for jff. EDIT: oh gosh Seph IS boosted, I totally forgot lol

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
22 tickets for just a Lulu 15cp. Not really serious pulling 'till Vayne or so.

EX fight wasn't too bad. 310k w/1 Break and 46 turns. Shoulda been more aggressive with a team of Rinoa/Kuja/Lenna.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Pulled Jecht's 35CP and EX weapons off of about 20 tickets. How is Jecht? I never got him in the story, I don't think.

I also have a fully maxed out (with EX weapon) Sephiroth as my primary character, so I'm not sure if it's worth leveling up ol' Papa Punch Boy too.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Pulled Jecht's 35CP and EX weapons off of about 20 tickets. How is Jecht? I never got him in the story, I don't think.

I also have a fully maxed out Sephiroth as my primary character, so I'm not sure if it's worth leveling up ol' Papa Punch Boy too.

Papa Punch Boy is SUPER worth it! However, he does have some overlap with Momma's Boy.

Both are single target Monsters with heavy Regen as a part of their kit, along with powerful self buffs and both an overflow attack and a Brv+HP attack that hits twice.

Where they differ is in utility. Sephiroth has an EX that shaves enemies completely while dealing full damage to all, (although Jecht does 50% Splash damage with his,) and has a mechanic where he passively reduces all enemy speed by 50%, with no way to block it, and gets sped up as well. He also has free ability longevity.

Jecht on the other hand doesn't provide the party any utility on his own, but does beat Sephiroth in having a more consistently active and Rediculous Brv Regen, that also gives him full access to all his moves without needing an EX cast to use, though his EX does hook him up with it for longer then a turn. His comes out faster, but also doesn't provide a free ability like Sephs does.

He does fire damage with nearly all his attacks, meaning his element is both a boon and a curse that needs to be taken seriously, which is why he and Lulu make a seriously detestating power-couple. Literally game-breaking, even without her EX, this is not a joke.

His EX does provides something special over Sephiroth, though, and that's an invisible buff that promises that every break he does for six turns after use will grant him a free turn. This combined with his Brv regen of course makes him amazing at score achieving, so long as you're careful and tactical with his attacks.

Overall, you lucked out on Jecht, but if you have Lulu's 35CP, you can literall just have her as a ringer and Jecht will do your taxes for you, he will fold your laundry, and he will destroy every Muffle Fluffer that dares to stand in your way.

Because ultimately, Jecht is a monster when he's hitting Fire weak enemies, and Lulu at her best makes everyone strong against Fire weak enemies, and at her worst still makes an enemy weak against fire.

So to answer your question more directly, I guess no, for now? Throw a few more tickets if you don't have Lulu's 35CP, but don't worry about it too much. Jecht will have his time someday, and you already have what makes him rock the hardest, so hold onto him until you see him making his debut in your party.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So to answer your question more directly, I guess no, for now? Throw a few more tickets if you don't have Lulu's 35CP, but don't worry about it too much. Jecht will have his time someday, and you already have what makes him rock the hardest, so hold onto him until you see him making his debut in your party.

Cool. That helps a lot. I did one multi on the banner (I don't have a lot of gems) and got a second copy of Jecht's EX weapon but I still don't have any Lulu weapons aside from the free one from her event, so I guess I'll just level him up when I can but focus on using my Seph/Locke duo for now.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Cool. That helps a lot. I did one multi on the banner (I don't have a lot of gems) and got a second copy of Jecht's EX weapon but I still don't have any Lulu weapons aside from the free one from her event, so I guess I'll just level him up when I can but focus on using my Seph/Locke duo for now.

I'll say this much, you can use that EX now to save yourself a few power stones, but if you aren't confident that you'll have a ton of EX weapons in the future, you can hold onto it until the EX+ Era starts and take advantage of it to get something that's rare.

Honestly, trash it to save the powerstones, life's too short, and taking it from no limit breaks all the way to EX+ is a much harsher investment then most would care to admit.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Okay .... I used 10 tickets and then a gold orb popped .... I was really hoping for Lulu 35 but Jecht's ex weapon comes out. I wasn't even going for it .... sometimes the luck from tickets feels frequent haha 0.5% rates feel better than the rates on multi pulls sometimes. Okay now to try for Lulu 35 cp again....

rFY0mSM.png

YeVl2P7.png

Edit: 30 more tickets got me Lulu 35 cp! Yay.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this much, you can use that EX now to save yourself a few power stones, but if you aren't confident that you'll have a ton of EX weapons in the future, you can hold onto it until the EX+ Era starts and take advantage of it to get something that's rare.

Honestly, trash it to save the powerstones, life's too short, and taking it from no limit breaks all the way to EX+ is a much harsher investment then most would care to admit.

Right now, my EX Weapon selection is...I want to say Cloud (one LB), Sephiroth (fully limit broken), Ace, Warrior of Light, Kain, and Jecht (one LB). Kind of a weird spread so far.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Right now, my EX Weapon selection is...I want to say Cloud (one LB), Sephiroth (fully limit broken), Ace, Warrior of Light, Kain, and Jecht (one LB). Kind of a weird spread so far.

EX weapons are solid investments for using powerstones on partially because they give the best stats, but mainly because they increase the functionality and recast speed of that character's EX ability!

I reccomend having a team of fullly limit broken characters with EX weapons as soon as you can get one, but don't rush it if you don't have the resources yet. I reccomend waiting until you can get an effective support character, or particularly useful characters with support utility.

That way you can make a group that can handle any situation, and use that team to clear all the hard content in the first act of he game, and get a ton of gems from the story!

EX weapons will return in banners every once in a while, so don't fret if you can't get Lenna or Rosa or Ramza for a while, they'll come back, and they'll be solid investments when they do. We'll help you out with making solid investments when they come, just holler when you need us!

Oh yeah, important note.

You lucked out on getting Warrior of Light, he is going to become the best character you have when he gets his Rework, and I have it on Good Authority that it's coming near the end of next month. You will love him when the time comes!

I am looking forward to it ever since I ended up getting his EX several months ago, and I'm excited! I wrote about him a few pages ago, but basically his first ability gives a good unique buff and a powerful shield on EVERYONE, while doing a good Brv+Hp attack, and gets 10 Uses, while his other ability does way more damage. It's great.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Came to say I scrounged up 5000 more gems clearing the newer stuff, and got a 1/11 - Sephiroth EX! woo!

Time to chill for a while. I have Golbez EX and probably won't use it very much, and that's definitely a sign to stop pulling I guess. I don't even have a spot for Sephiroth in my group of Quistis, Cloud, and Rinoa. (I still miss Cait Sith's buffs too)

Caught up on everything now except the last story update. Yay!

oh also I heard on the FFRK thread that Genesis is coming to Jpn FFRK....so maybe they signed/paid whatever and he'll come to Opera Omnia also.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Came to say I scrounged up 5000 more gems clearing the newer stuff, and got a 1/11 - Sephiroth EX! woo!

Time to chill for a while. I have Golbez EX and probably won't use it very much, and that's definitely a sign to stop pulling I guess. I don't even have a spot for Sephiroth in my group of Quistis, Cloud, and Rinoa. (I still miss Cait Sith's buffs too)

Caught up on everything now except the last story update. Yay!

oh also I heard on the FFRK thread that Genesis is coming to Jpn FFRK....so maybe they signed/paid whatever and he'll come to Opera Omnia also.

Oh man, I am actually excited. Like, no kidding, I'm super hopeful he comes out good in this if he ends up showing up.

But that's interesting that he's coming to record keeper... there IS precident, his copies show up as bosses for the crisis core content, including my boy, baton wielding, lever-shotgun blasting, G Eraser!

I've got two theories if he shows up in Opera Omnia.

1st, he'll build up charges of a unique buff that'll enhance his abilities and attacks, like Kuja and Golbez, with it being represented by blades of light that enhance the attacks he does. This has precident in his whole thing of using magic to enchant his sword, along with blades of light being common in straight up bossfights with him personally.

2nd, longshot but I would love it, He actually mainly has his Copies do his work for him, and his abilities and attacks either are enhanced with Genesis copies, or have them show up with their weapons to do attacks, like my boy G Eraser using Scorcher to do a baton-shotgun AoE combo, or the imposing G Predator whipping up a whirlwind for launching. Maybe even GunBlade Guy, G Blader?

There's ample room for the Copies to show up in many attacks, and I would see that being super interesting, considering we don't have that much team-up character representation, it's mainly just the characters with summon EXs and Rinoa's doggie.

In any case, it would almost be completely worth it on it's own just to see some people get super salty about it, but that's not the best reason to be excited. I just hope there isn't any complications down the line if it happens, and that he ends up being useful and cool.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I only downloaded this game 2 months ago, but I grinded pretty hard and sped through all story mode and all lost chapters, leveled Ifrit to 30, mastered some summon boards for my key characters, and leveled 4 other summons to 20. They give out so many gems from doing this that I am now decked out with Rosa Ex, Golbez Ex (got lucky on these two, and having Golbez early helped me speed clear quests), Yshtola Ex, Lenna Ex, Cloud Ex, Rinoa Ex, and Seph Ex. The latter two wiped out my gem stash though and I spent nearly 120k gems combined (had to pity Sephiroth). Seems like this was the best time to start the game fresh too as they gave away so many bonuses during the summer events.

In any case, my gem gain has slowed down to a crawl now though, as I only have like 6 or so chapters to complete on Hard mode, as well as the Lost Chapter hard modes. I guess I should've preserved some gems for future banners, but it seems the ones I got are and will be meta for awhile, so I'm glad nothing was really wasted.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing of note I got was Yuna's 35CP. I had her 15 from waaaaaay back when I played the game at launch and she was my best character so it'll be nice to have a touch of an upgrade

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yay Tidus!!! His rework sounds awesome. I will always have a soft spot for this doofus.

Free pull got me three copies of Yuna's 15 and one copy of her 35. Lots of golds there but I had both mlb'd. Could have used some stuff for Auron but no biggie.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Auron 35 on the free draw, tried Tidus (only 35CP 1 LB) and Slash Combo+ is too strong lol

In other news, Selphie/Noctis EX+

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Got Tidus EX and Kuja 15 (lol) on the free pull. I don't really like Tidus so it'll probably sit in my weapon cache. I wish I had gotten one of the other free banner EX weapons :<

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Already have it but the rework looks pretty great!

Free pull: was a gold orb but it got me Yuna 15 (powerstone) and Tidus 35 cp which I didn't have which is great!

Also, Calliope we matched together in co op yesterday lol it was awesome.

I'm still struggling with getting perfect best in slot Rinoa artifacts but I'm gonna keep trying!

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Managed to get Tidus Ex in the free draw have all his weapons now, but not enough powerstones to MLB all.

Getting scared now with this sudden streak of luck, might get screwed in a future banner.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Didn't get Tidus's EX, but I found out I already had maxed out his 15cp and almost maxed his 35cp on the draw, so that's nice!

Glad he got his rework, but I'll need to check his power when he has solid support behind him to strengthen his Quick Hit a little. Vayne takes some more time to get there, but his free turns are more valuable then Tidus's, since he can get free HP attacks out of them, and he's got party aura utility as well, so I don't know how much I'll be using him.

Regardless, he's going to be a fun pick in Multiplayer! I remember seeing videos where he literally cleans house in multiplayer in a single turn or less, though I don't think that'll happen until his EX+. Starting with Winning Spirit right out of the gate and having your EX give it to you makes him infinitely more useable, not to mention when Bloom Stones and lvl.70 become a thing, he can extend it two turns for free while attacking.

we're basically getting a taste right now. The whole pie's going to rock later. For now, he's a solid debuffer, and his damage output increasing per debuff coordinates nicely with light debuffing from others as well, like Lenna. He's going to be very good when shaving against multiple targets becomes neccessary, and his EX's equal damage will be super useful now that it can hit max consistently because of that.

I reccomend he get's paired with anyone who can raise his Max Brave and either Attack or Brave Regen, since anything that keeps him from needing to use too many quick hits to maximize his damage output is a winner. Be warned though that Aura buffs are best case scenario, since Free Turns still deplete buffs, and he already boosts his own attack and speed with Quick Hit.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got one Auron 15CP, off banner Lilisette 15CP & Yuna's 35CP to get her MLB'd.

This is now like my 7-8th pull on an Auron banner without getting his 35CP lol

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ugh, I looked at some video footage of Emperor with his EX+, and I am so freaking excited to get him!

His whole thing is that he inflicts traps on the enemy he targets with his abilities, and they go off after the enemy's turn, but the kicker is that he can activate the prematurely by hitting the enemy with the same ability that would inflict the trap!

So, if Emperor is getting more then one turn on the enemy, he gets two Brv+Hp attacks without exausting the trap he set, since he inflicts it again afterwards!

The thing about his EX, however, is that it not only does a ton of damage, not only inflicts both of his ability traps at once, but gives a THIRD trap, Dreary Cell, which Ignores Defense when it deals damage, and can delay the enemy's turn as well!

It should also be noted that while the first trap, Beckoning Blast, is single target on the enemy, the second and third, Thunder Crest and Dreary Cell, hit all enemies, and Thunder Crest even has a single target Hp attack with 50% splash! And also, they all debuff enemy defense by 10% each as a bonus. They also raise his Brave by 20% of damage done, and overflow at 120% too, so they'll never leave him vulnerable if an enemy triggers them, and will give him a few extra Brave on his Abilities once they go off.

He's one of the most powerful damage dealers in DFFOO even today, and his EX+ is treasured for both regular use, and for support, and I am gunning for him the moment I flush all my gems for Vayne and Zack. Plus, unlike his abilities, once he so much as unlocks his EX+, it inflicts all three traps on every enemy. Along with the fact that both his EX and Second Ability are AoE with single target boosts, and fairly effective HP++ and unique self buffs, one of which passively debuffs enemy speed to a small degree, he is an absolute monsterous damage dealer in nearly any situation!

latest

Incidentally, his visual design is also based on David Bowie, I'm assuming his character in Labarynth, and his exploits put many other villains to shame, as he not only conquers most of the realm in FFII, but Hell (and Heaven!) Itself! And his Voice Acting in the Dissidia games is timeless.

"Run Amok."

"My Reign is Absolute!"

"UNGAAAHH"

He also has, in my opinion, the most Intense EX move in OG Dissidia, Entice, where he literally shatters your mind and forces you to submit to his hellish form! It's real spooky!

All in all, he's a very solid pick if you want an attacker that can shave and dump Tons of Brave right after an enemy's turn, and can provide some delay utility, as well as deal Rediculous damage before an enemy's turn as well. With proper backup, he can absolutely decimate any group or single opponent, and can take on Chaos content very well.

Last edited:

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Yeah, I've been reading up on future banners and he's highly recommended along with Ultimecia as being straight up broken when they release.

I also keep hearing Noel ends up pretty great too, which is nice since he's one of my favourites as well.

Anyway I'm almost up to 75k gems (I expected that to take longer) and with that, almost ready for Zack to hit next month!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Nice! Best of luck to you! I'm also excited for Ultimecia, but I'm not as psyched for her kit, since I'm going to have a free turn damage dealer in Vayne, and outside of being another heavy-hitting magic user like Emperor, and being earlier to gain, I'm not sure how much I'm going to end up using her, in no fault of her own, honestly.

Regardless, people's desires change and evolve with their thinking, and the passage of time, so I may find more value in her kit later, but part of the reason I'm so psyched to get Zack is because his EX+ is SO GOOD, and he becomes a Rediculously powerful staple in the party, with a good 40% Atk and Max Brv aura, and really solid damage dealing ability, and Brv damage reducing tank utility. She provides a lot to herself, but not as much to the rest of the party, and how much her contribution is valued to you is dependent on who you end up pairing her with, much like Emperor in a way.

Ultimecia herself is still super awesome, however!

Much like Emperor, she at least slightly reduces enemy defense with one of her abilities, which in Chaos is much appreciated, since enemy defense gets so high you'll be begging for any way to reduce it! Along with that, she gets very good AoE Damage from ALL her attacks, fractioning enemy Brave with literally everything but her Hp+, and her self buffs are quite powerful, with her main five stage buff transforming all her attacks into + versions and improving her Atk and Max Brv by 50%! Not to mention that her EX, Apocalypse, gives her ANOTHER boost to her Atk and Max Brv, and THREE free turns to play with, although technically two, since the first one is the casting of Apocalypse itself!

It's worth noting that, while she gets a free ability use in EX+, if she uses three abilities during her free turns, by the time she acts again she can use Apocalypse again for THREE MORE free turns, effectively shutting down enemies with her own damage without running out the turn limit. I'm not sure how easy it is to put that into Practice, but it's certainly interesting!

I don't know, maybe I was being pedantic earlier. Looking back at her skill set, I can see her being incredibly useful for clearing runs with all her free turns and AoE Brv+ Single Target HP+, and I haven't even gotten to the point that all her moves have a gravity effect on the enemy's Brave, reducing it by fractions before doing damage, making her Incredibly powerful in shaving the Brave of enemies.

This post is meandering, but I'll make it clear here.

Both Ultimecia and Emperor are the Queen and King of the early EX+ Era, because they come out early and are super duper powerful, with Emperor having a unique trap mechanic that can deal stupid amounts of damage both when they go off, or when he inflicts them twice in a row, and with Ultimecia, with her Free turn granting EX, a focus on powerful Brave shaving, and AoE Damage, Especially with using her second ability, which does 100% Hp Damage on all enemies it hits!

Furthermore, I realize now that with all four debuffs on an enemy, 10% per Trap and 20% and a poison effect for Ultimecia, they reduce enemy defense by 50%, meaning that if they are combined with a good aura buffer character, like Zack, Lenna, or even Rosa once her EX+ comes out, they will be very powerful together!

Regardless, I'm hunting for Emperor first and foremost, because I Love him, and since Ultimecia comes first, I'll try to save up for both of them and hope I can get her early. I lucked out on several useful characters that will become gods once they get either reworked (or already have) or get their EX+, and I can afford to hold off on using any gems for the next Five to Six months to build up reserves.

Hopefully after Zack Morris and the Time Out come and go in August, we'll all be better prepared to have some perspective on the coming EX characters before EX+ hits.

I heard Porom for instance is a super powerful healer that can practically make the party immortal, and her Cry is the stuff of Defense Debuffing legends! And Sherlotta, Ghost Abuser she is, has a unique buff that Flat Increases Hp Damage Done By The Party By 20%, not to mention being very good at doing Hp damage herself with an ability that deals three Hp attacks based on the Whole Party's Brave! Noel is amazing at destroying enemies that either have yet to break or Are broken, Paine is amazing with Debuffs and is at the core of a debuffing strategy so powerful they actually had to implement mechanics into Chaos bosses that prevented them from being destroyed by it, the list goes on!

Find your favorites in the wonderful Dissidia Database, and start packing those gems for them!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another character that looks really fun in the EX+ era is Eight. I've seen videos of him in action and he just looks like a fun character to use, avoiding attacks and then instantly retaliating. I've seen him be used in a lot of chaos stages.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Dodge retaliation is so freaking satisfying! I'm looking forward to trying out an eight support down the line, but I'm REALLY looking forward to Gau and a potential Galuf Rework & EX+!

Like, Galuf is amazing for physical bosses Right Now, imagine how insane he'll be once he gets reworked?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Man, Wakka's really fun? Like, he's a ton of fun!? I'm really looking forward to his EX, he's a ton of fun, and I think his moveset could be legendary if it's tweaked a little with a rework!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh my god, they finally showcased General Leo from FFVI, and he looks SOOO GOOOD!!!

Fast_Moon on the Reddit had read the Japanese in the trailer, and had a few interesting details they brought up that are quite interesting!

"Fast_Moon from the DFFOO Reddit" said:
I honestly love basically everything about this.

• Leo declining to use the moniker "Returner" and insisting on still calling Edgar "King of Figaro" and Celes "General". He never actually renounced his allegiance to the Empire despite acknowledging the shady things it's done, but is also still totally fine with working alongside everyone.
  • Leo enters battle unarmed and only draws his sword when given a command, mirroring his preference for diplomacy and not rushing into battle.
  • They gave him a gently-spoken voice actor who can get gruff only when he needs to, which is perfecto.
  • Terra gets to talk to him again. Poor thing was heartbroken when he died so any new interaction between them warms my heart.
  • Smacking Kefka down single-handedly like a mofo.
  • It's been 25 years and I can finally recruit him as a permanent party member. The hype is real.

I'm excited to get more details on his abilities, I hope he becomes a must pull! He's a great character to put in DFFOO, and Inhope we get other important (sorta, in his case) non playable characters like him in the future!

Actually, that's a fun question!

What Un-playable or Non-Permanent Characters in FF are you looking forward to, and how do you think they'd play?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh, almost forget, here's the trailer for the new chapter in JP, and my deepest wish comes true! Galuf gets a EX+, a Rework, and becomes UNSTOPPABLE.

I didn't see a blind on those bosses, I saw Galuf dodge a magic attack. He didn't counter, which honestly is a fair trade-off considering how much DAMAGE HE DOES NOW, HOO-YA!

And plus? Translations of that EX point to it being "Bladeblitz."

This chapter is going to be Highly Anticipated, at least by me! I'm looking forward to the analysis!

Edit: Here's the showcase for Galuf's rework and EX. From data gathered about it, it turns out his EX provides a general Evasion Up among other things, so he'll counter Melee and Ranged because they count as "Physical," but he'll occasionally dodge Magic now too!

More details are avalible on the Reddit, so give it a look if you want to know more!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Just letting you all know, Beach Bash Part 2 has one more special part left: Beach Bash 2 Extra! It's located seperate from Beach Bash 2 as a different event, but it's for the same Beach Bash.

Once in a while, you'll get a Lamia Queen showing up in Beach Bash that guarantees you get an eidoja, right? Beach Bash 2 Extra is JUST the lamia Queen fight, and every run gives you an eidoja! Plus, Every Character is Synergy in Extra, so have fun with whatever character you like! You'll still earn Tokens, and the Token shop has been refreshed as well, so you'll have plenty of stuff to grab!

Have fun!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm nearly at 140k gems now just waiting on Yuna's EX or whatever I like that comes next. I think there's Ashe and Fran soon if I'm not mistaken! And cool another co op with everyone boosted. Perfect! Time to farm some eidoja again :)