• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Almost 700 tickets and I'm not interested in the 2 banners coming up (Arc 2 Chapter 3 and Lann/Reynn), even if it's not safe I'll have to use them on Vayne before I hit the cap.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Spent about 75 tickets chasing after Cid's EX. I usually avoid banners with Rem because her 15cp stalks me but it's Cid and VII so I went for it. Managed to pull it at the end and only two Rem 15cps in total so not bad. Also got Zell's 35 which was a new one for me too.

Cid's LC was fun. The crew finally realizing they all know a Cid was priceless. And I'll never get over how Vincent recognizes Cid from his backside lol.

Not sure who I'll save for next. Maybe Vayne and hopefully Yuna. Girl really needs her EX already!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Sheesh, got Lann & Reynn's EX off a ticket. Only took 15, but I am lacking their 35cp though.

And of course, the first ticket I use, right after reading this, is gold, I wait with bated breath...

It's a physicians staff. (Vanille 15cp). Off banner.

I tried 9 more tickets, got 15cp's of both Faris and Edgar.

Glad you lucked out though! Even if you don't go the full distance right now, Lann and Reynn are very very good AoE Damage dealers! Every attack they do is AoE, empowered by both buffs their two abilities give, and are a rare example of a character who starts with their buffs before they get an EX+! Very good since they need them to do good damage!

Hope they rock if you plan to use them!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
80 tickets and 7 Powerstones and 2x 15cp for Lann & Reynn. For fun/avoiding ticket cap pulls..so buncha powerstones is fine at least.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm....dumped more of my stash than I'm willing to admit on the banner and haven't gotten the EX yet. Gonna keep trying with whatever I can scrape together before it goes. Maxed 15 and halfway 35 maxed though!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Sheesh, got Lann & Reynn's EX off a ticket. Only took 15, but I am lacking their 35cp though.

Congrats! I don't know much about those characters but are they good?

Also I'm looking forward to the new story chapter! I prob won't pull for Freya but it's really nice when a story chapter comes out. I just love character interaction in this game so much even though it is always the same bland areas. Like Lulu's event they said Yuna was on the airship but then she just appears in the forest. Huh? That was just a bit bizarre. I really want to see the inside of the airship and everyone in it lol.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Congrats! I don't know much about those characters but are they good?

Also I'm looking forward to the new story chapter! I prob won't pull for Freya but it's really nice when a story chapter comes out. I just love character interaction in this game so much even though it is always the same bland areas. Like Lulu's event they said Yuna was on the airship but then she just appears in the forest. Huh? That was just a bit bizarre. I really want to see the inside of the airship and everyone in it lol.

Basically, Lann and Reynn act as full, 100% HP damage AoE. While they do NOT do more damage to single targets, every enemy they hit will take FULL Hp damage from both abilities, AND the EX!

All of their abilities are also dual elemental, which means that if an enemy resists only one element, they thankfully won't take reduced damage. Even before the big weakness shakeup happening eventually, this makes it much easier to take advantage of enemy weaknesses with them!

Their biggest weakness, outside of being much less powerful fighting single targets, is that they NEED both of their useful self buffs to use their powerful attacks. These are Mirage S, a speed and Brv damage taken down buff, and Mirage L, and Atk, Max Brv AND Def buff.

They are the first characters to start the battle with their self-buffs, but until they get their EX+, they have no way to refresh them without using abilities, which will cost them their longevity, even with an EX that extends both of them a turn, while buffing damage with a FIVE element self enchant, since their First ability uses Thunder and Earth, their Second uses Water and Ice, and their EX uses Fire.

Even so, they still have some of, if not the absolute BEST consistent AoE DPS, even right now in Jpn! Full Hp damage on all enemies also makes them Excellent at clearing waves, and dealing with Boss Adds, like the Wolf Pack. This, combined with no overflow on abilities, means they both benefit greatly from and partially rely on Max Brv buffs, and Excel the most consistently in any bossfights with two enemies in the fight!

To any that get lucky with them, I hope the Boneheaded Brother and the Smart-Alec Sister can be useful to you! Bear in mind that they end up being really useful element support when they get EX+, as it slaps opponents with a DEBUFF to ALL FIVE of their elements, making anyone who uses Thunder, Earth, Fire, water or Ice VERY happy!

P.S. the second ability also inflicts Spd Down, 20%. Also, no Inner Airship stuff is a cop-out, I hope they're just saving it for some kind of Lounge menu down the line, where they will assumably put stuff like the Jukebox.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Did one multi for fun and got their 35 and another copy of their 15, not bad.

And even if it doesn't make much sense, Serafei should be her own character in this game and not just on an armor piece. Her weapons could be watering cans.

I'm looking forward to the new story chapter! I prob won't pull for Freya but it's really nice when a story chapter comes out. I just love character interaction in this game so much even though it is always the same bland areas. Like Lulu's event they said Yuna was on the airship but then she just appears in the forest. Huh? That was just a bit bizarre. I really want to see the inside of the airship and everyone in it lol.
Same here! I have so many questions!! Who's friends with who? Who's the messiest? Who snores the loudest? Who's the nicest? (Tifa) I spend way more time than I should thinking about what everyone is doing in their downtime lol.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Faris is one of my favorite FF characters, but no Ex for her on this banner makes it a no-pull for me :(. No interest in getting Lann and Reynn.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This coop is super slow, even worse when you don't pull for synergy haha.
Cosmos coming in 3 days we should finally get the answer how the 6 characters with special artifacts in JP are going to be reworked.
For reminder, Vivi's special artifacts were +1 Fire use and +20% ATK/+10% SPD, or in short, 3 more Fire and 60%ATK/30%SPD with a perfect build.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
This coop is super slow, even worse when you don't pull for synergy haha.
Cosmos coming in 3 days we should finally get the answer how the 6 characters with special artifacts in JP are going to be reworked.
For reminder, Vivi's special artifacts were +1 Fire use and +20% ATK/+10% SPD, or in short, 3 more Fire and 60%ATK/30%SPD with a perfect build.

I honestly feel like 2 out of 3 on all those Artifact passives made into actual passive and extension changes would be fair enough.

Like, Vivi getting 2+ uses of Fire and 40% Atk and 20% Spd sounds like a fair enough compromise that fits the usual mood of character improvement and still keeps him competitive with others.

Although I feel like they've just been dragging their heels on this just to either NEVER do it, and gimp the characters forever, or DO IT for COSMOS, and basically admit they were stalling the bad reactions.

They have absolutely earned the benefit of the doubt though, and I believe in them, and their commitment to making positive changes when neccessary!

I will admit, however, that having a full suite of artifact passives absolutely made these characters, and that they may need to go all the way for some of them to even be useable, like Lion or pre-EX Yuna, and even Cater was never salvaged with her artifacts. I just hope that they worked out the right decision.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
kpjvSXnl.png

rmhpMYtl.png

Well..knew both these would happen at one point...

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Exdeath has been shown off, and now that he's playable as a villain, he's showing off the full power of the void to shave and drain all the Brave an enemy can muster!

Also, ever since I heard this discription of Exdeath on the Reddit, I haven't stopped laughing in my head for like 6 hours.

"Well the Great Tree of Moore was basically a Dumpster of Evil Souls"

"Basically a Dumpster of Evil Souls"

z5d398f27620c7.gif

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Shiva Ultimate next week, soon we'll see if Serah is a must pull like she was in the Japanese version, depending on her rework.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Shiva Ultimate next week, soon we'll see if Serah is a must pull like she was in the Japanese version, depending on her rework.

I'm so glad that Shiva is SMACK!

dabinthemiddleofenemyterritory~

I was worried I, or others who wanted them, wuldn't Be able to use Shiva to gain tickets and gems for Zack and Vayne, but I'm glad that it's possible!

Good luck to all, on those fateful days!

Also, this is going to be Gametime soon, they can't put off the dreaded Six any longer! If they have a plan to introduce their Artifact Passives as Extension Reworks, they better do it with Vivi's EX.

I hope that ends up being the case! If they just put out the artifacts after Six months of dragging their heels on it, it'll be a bit of a letdown! I'm looking forward to trying to pull Serah with tickets, I hope I get her EX!

I don't have any good Defense Down Characters right now, aside from Kefka, and her Niche combined with her amazing Battery and Buffing ability would gel well with my teams!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious to see what happens with Serah, if she gets what she has in the JP version I'll probably go for her EX.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I like Vivi, depending on how good they handle his rework, I might throw some tickets into the banner.
About 8 hours to find out! We get the rework/awakening about one hour before events drop, when there's no maintenance.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I've tried to save some tickets leading up to this, I hope I get lucky if I throw down a few for Vivi, or Zidane, since his rework is coming in with this too!

Although I'm more then a bit cautious about Vivi's usability after his rework... even if we assume he'll get all the Dread Artifact passives Just added onto his Extensions, his EX still only does three hits AoE with split damage and 150% overflow, and gives him a single use of a double 4 hit Brv + Hp attack. That also does splash damage on each Hp attack, and raises Brave before the second one. It sounds impressive on paper, because it is, but with a slow speed EX it'll have to be used tactically within the four turns it's available for.

However, the thing that puts me at ease a bit is the fact that, even with three hits on his Fire+ and an HP attack after, he'll do Max Damage on practically every hit he throws out, guaranteed! His focus ability gives him one of the biggest generic damage boosts in the game, and his potencies leave him hitting the damage ceiling no matter the attack, meaning he can consistently deal 30,000 damage with just Fire+, another 30,000 per enemy with his EX, and potentially 90,000 with his Doublecast Fire HP+ he gets after his EX.

So, in summary, Vivi get's a ton of turns with his speed, and can deal consistently high damage with a combination of his Focus buffs and his Fire+. However, once he gets his EX, he can carefully destroy enemies with his special Hp+ he gets after the EX. He's honestly pretty self-sufficient in the buff side of things, so stuff like Lulu and Vincent's Fire Imperil are not really neccessary until enemies start resisting fire, or need much more damage to penetrate their defense.

The biggest thing to worry about is his special Aritfacts, which all together would give him Three extra uses of Fire, 60% Atk and 30% Spd. I hope they just add them onto his passives. Otherwise, his damage, speed and longevity will be greatly weakened, and he'll lose viability over other damage dealers.

Edit: Man, every time I fight a boss with buffs, I rue the day I never went for Clouds WoI Weapon that makes his attacks dispel buffs. That thing is straight up busted, and gives cloud a level of utility on top of his other stuff that's frankly unfair to the other characters. I can only hope the WoI weapon's show up in the token shop sooner then later. And that Faris shows up and clowns all these other punk-debuffers.

Faris is gonna rock so hard, she does so much damage with all her attacks and debuffs the enemy by so much, not to mention her full dispel and AoE capability, along with her EX putting a trap on the enemy that Brv+ Hp attacks' the enemy and Batteries the party after the afflicted's turn! She's so cool...

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll throw some tickets on tonight's banner, I don't have either EX and I wouldn't mind getting one of them or Freya's 35cp.

I'm still wavering on whether or not I'll go for Vayne when he arrives, I figured since I have Seph and Cloud I might not need him as much. If I don't go for him then I'll definitely go for Noctis when he comes back with his LC.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So in the end, there's still giving the special artifact to those 6 characters, I don't feel like grinding so it's a skip.

3e1bb191-c639-48e4-985akr5.png

At least Serah will be OP with perfect artifacts.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
First Cosmos completed!

48fb7a6d-0639-4e35-b47gj2w.png

I have to admit that was stressful to not get broken, it was far from perfect but otherwise I'm happy to see I can manage that new difficulty.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
VIVI STICKERS!!! Finally!! I've been waiting for those yay :)

One draw got me Freya's 35cp. I'd kind of like Vivi's EX so might throw some tickets at it later.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I decided I'll do videos for upcoming COSMOS events starting with this one.

I found the difficulty not in the extra hp and stats the enemies have, but the danger of getting broken now has more serious consequences than before.

Also because of this very good BRV shavers will be a must from now on.

This was only my second attempt and I'm sure I can make it even more efficient after a few more tries

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Just as a reminder, the monthly stream is happening today, at 1:30 PDT, so keep on your guard!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the schedule, I really want to know how soon My Two Guys are showing up! Plus, even with the dreaded artifact passives, Sarah is going to be a very good investment, so I'm looking forward to hopefully ticketing her EX.

August is gonna be a busy month, then we'll start kicking the Cosmos stuff into full gear! Hope you get lucky and show up on stream!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Stream in 2 mins!

I'm lazy tonight and won't post screenshot but I'll put up the summary at the end.

EDIT : high shard limit increase already, neat!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh man, they just confirmed two things!

One, a permanent beginner event called "Mogs Gym" that trains on battle fundamentals and rewards enough high shards to max one character of every kind of shard! Lovely way to catch newer players up!

And two.
MAXIMUM SHARD LIMIT INCREASED TO 9999!!!

Hallelujah!

It's nice to no longer worry about maxing characters to get rid of high shards now, that's a relief!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Nice, another 3000 gems!....provided whatever challenge Josh comes up with is doable lol.

High shard limit increase is nice too. Hope dissidia points cap gets a bump at some point too. Or just more stuff added to the exchange, whichever.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I had to hit pity but I finally got Reynn and Lann's EX. Now I have all three of their weapons MLBed.
Feels good but I only really did it cause I like their game and think they look goofy lol.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
The high shard limit increase is bittersweet, considering I have 999 counts of both blue and black from carelessness. Maybe they'll let us purchase single counts of high shards for next year's April's Fools event, just for us anal-retentive folk...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Gonna be honest.... I missed so many shards due to 999 cap lmao so this is a godsend for me! Still working on the new chapter but I should finish it tonight and have my thoughts up after :)

And I'm not a fan of Vayne..... egh

....playable Caius when?

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Fortunately I can rest easy next month as there aren't any favorites in the upcoming bunch. I'll probably save for Yuna and Aerith's eventual EXs. I do wonder when Beatrix's LC will roll around and what they'll do for that too. Probably Oct/Nov I'd guess.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Gonna be honest.... I missed so many shards due to 999 cap lmao so this is a godsend for me! Still working on the new chapter but I should finish it tonight and have my thoughts up after :)

And I'm not a fan of Vayne..... egh

....playable Caius when?

While I don't share you disappointment woth Vayne, I do share your anticipation for Caius! He's definitely going to be the next big Delay Master, with powerful self-buffing ability!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Early FEOD but notice it'll disappear when we get the real ones.

EDIT : https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/cjgwv9/twitch_stream_7292019/

Mog's Gym

• Jul 31 - Aug 28
  • Beginner-focused quests themeed around battle fundamentals.
  • Earn enough shards, crystals, clusters, and high shards to raise Crystal Str. Lv to 60 for 6 characters (one per color)!
  • High Shards limit raised from 999 to 9,999 too, kupo!
Gem Shop + Item Shop Sales

• Aug 1 - Aug 11
  • Support Item Sale!
  • Artifact of All Knowledge x5 (25% Off!)
  • Tome of Treasure x5 (20% Off!)
  • Tome of Fortune x5 (20% Off!)
  • Tome of Training x5 (20% Off!)
  • Aug 1 - Aug 28th
  • Kupocard Mini and Kupocard Mini 2
World of Illusions Ultimate: Shiva

• From Aug 1st
  • Featured Characters - Seifer, Steiner, Auron, Prishe, Serah, Thancred
  • Gather summon materials to strengthen Shiva from level 20 to 30!
  • Strengthen characters and earn more rewards via Shiva Summon Boards: Over 29,000 gems, 290 draw tickets, and 480 armor tokens!
2-star (**) Artifact Passive Releases

• Aug - Serah and Cater
  • Sept - Yuna
  • Oct - Aerith and Lion
  • All characters' Eidojas will be available from both Co-op Event Quests (via Linkbell Rewards) and World of Illusions: Treasure Hunts.
Zack Lost Chapter + Vayne Event

• Shining In, Someday - Zack LC
  • From Aug 5
  • Zack featured in Vayne's quests!
  • Eidojas as Link Bell rewards!
  • Boosted stats!
  • Solder 2nd Class Gem + Costume Bundle
  • Conqueror's Duty - Vayne Event
  • Aug 8 - Aug 22nd
  • Includes COSMOS-difficulty solo quest!
  • Serah featured in Vayne's quests, too!
  • Boosted stats!
Rydia Lost Chapter + ??? Event

• Overcoming Sadness
  • From Aug 16
  • Rydia featured in ???'s quests!
  • Boosted stats!
  • ??? - Fran
  • Aug 19 - Sept 2
Abyss Beta

• From Aug 13th
  • Heretic-difficulty quests up to COSMOS, rewarding high shards and GEms!
  • Progress through strata (floors) by defeating each stratum's boss.
  • Features new quest missions types. (Use character(s) with specific crystal color or weapon type)
  • Every 3rd stratum's boss quests require PERFECTs.
  • New strat to be added in future updates.
  • Aug 27th
  • Limited-Time campaigns
  • Limited-time Event Missions for Draw Tickets an Power Tokens!
  • Event Draws featuring new and returning EX weapons!
  • Returning Gem + Costume Bundles!
  • 14-day Login Bonuses!
  • Beta version and its quest missions/rewards end when final version is released.
Stream Rewards

• 20 draw tickets
  • 5 armor tokens
  • 3,000 gems for additional reward
  • Shiva gifts are 5 relics of all knowledge and 14 sp potions
Calendar

• Mog's Gym - Jul 31 - Aug 28
  • Ultimate Shiva - Aug 1st
  • Zack LC - Aug 5th
  • Vayne Event - Aug 8th
  • Abyss Beta - Aug 13th
  • Rydia LC - Aug 16th
  • Abyss Campaign - Aug 27th
  • Fran Event - Aug 19th

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
The Abyss quests sound crazy hard, but at the same time, it also sounds like a fun opportunity to put all these OP characters we've been building up to the challenge.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
The Abyss quests sound crazy hard, but at the same time, it also sounds like a fun opportunity to put all these OP characters we've been building up to the challenge.

Yeah! And I love hard content so i'm hoping I am ready!

My focus looks like it will be Serah's EX right now.... Rydia is without a doubt going to get her ex and I like her so I will need to pull. And well there's Fran and then Ashe's EX. It's a pretty big month /next month for me. AND THEN THE BIG ONE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE LAUNCH... MY ONE AND ONLY FAVOURITE YUNIE EX is coming.... soon I hope because 1 Queen isn't enough :p

tumblr_pjnwno5C2y1w61oqao1_r1_500.gif

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Finally some hard content!

This was the most important thing for me during the stream. Even the new cosmos was not as hard as it was hyped up to be.

I mean it's a significant bump, but I was able to beat it with various setups.

I think these new abyss quests will be really tough though, but I'm extremely looking forward to them!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yeah! And I love hard content so i'm hoping I am ready!

My focus looks like it will be Serah's EX right now.... Rydia is without a doubt going to get her ex and I like her so I will need to pull. And well there's Fran and then Ashe's EX. It's a pretty big month /next month for me. AND THEN THE BIG ONE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE LAUNCH... MY ONE AND ONLY FAVOURITE YUNIE EX is coming.... soon I hope because 1 Queen isn't enough :p

tumblr_pjnwno5C2y1w61oqao1_r1_500.gif
I can't wait for you to get your Yuna :) It's been a long time coming!!

Good luck with the others too. There are some good characters in that bunch! I'll probably wait and see or cave into hype for whoever I go for next. But Yuna is a definite!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Grindy month. Both looking forward too and dreading Abyss Beta. Probably toss my ticket stash hoping to get Serah's EX..maybe Zack too...