• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good month for XII fans with Vayne and Fran, but I'll skip both since I have no interest in Vayne right now and I can wait for Fran's LC. I'll keep saving for the time being.

Definitely a lot of stuff to look forward too, even though I'm not super excited for the Shiva grind.

Oct 27, 2017
So... Are Serah (with eidoja passives), Vayne and Zack the next meta?

I know I'm pulling for Vayne. Serah is a maybe, if I get her passives, and I'm not sure about Zack

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Vayne is good because he hits really hard, has a useful Atk and Max Brv aura, that prioritizes Max Brave over Atk, and can delay enemies effectively and for a long time with the combination of his second ability Unbreaking an enemy in the middle of it, and his EX restoring 1 use to both abilities after use. Also gets free turns and good Brv+ and Hp+

Zack is awesome for being both a a great damage dealer And a tank with a unique buff that subtracts Brave damage taken based on his iBrv, up to taking Zero damage, has a useful Atk Aura, has a good Hp+, refunds Brave from damage done to enemies with most Hp Attacks, and is the best I love him.

To be fair, Zack will get tossed a bit once Warrior of Light gets his Rework, where his functionality goes bananas and he shields everyone and has a billion ability uses, but even then Zack can hold his own in the damage department.

Both characters are amazing investments in the future, but also are good immediately. The problem is that in the future, you'll be waiting for their Ex+ to show up to send them into Top Tier status, and when that happens you better be ready to pity because they'll be sharing EX Weapon space with other characters.

I choose to get them now because I love them, but you should look at what you have and what you want, and make a decision if you would rather save until a favourite character down the line, or if you have others to tide you over until they hit the big leagues.

By the way, I've had difficulty reading the big situation with Serah, other then her Artifact Passives being Illegially useful. Can anyone give me a discription of what she brings to the party?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, next week is going to be nuts.

Vayne is priority 1 then Zack.

I have WoL on the bench with his EX waiting for the rework, so I want to use Zack before the lvl70 era.

By the way, I've had difficulty reading the big situation with Serah, other then her Artifact Passives being Illegially useful. Can anyone give me a discription of what she brings to the party?

She's more offensive than lenna. Debuffs enemies (Mbrv down and poison) and, with perfect artifacts, she brings Mbrv/atk 30% to the party (when an enemy is debuffed) and 60% Mbrv/Moonlight +3 uses to her.

Her EX lowers defense and deals brv damage every turn to all enemies for 5 turns, so you basically "poison" an enemy twice (brv damage + posion every turn).

I already MLB her weapons so I still don't know what I'm going to do with her.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caius is coming to JP! <3

ah691oovldd31.jpg

I can't wait for his global release.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Caius is coming to JP! <3

ah691oovldd31.jpg

I can't wait for his global release.

Yay! He's gonna be rad, but I wonder what his weapons are gonna look like! Mysterious second character, though. Hmmm... could be class zero? Maybe I need to see a bigger silhouette.

Actually wait, that totally IS class zero! That's Jack! Oh man, I've been waiting for that guy to show up!

Jack is the Samurai character of FF Type-0. His normal move speed is slow, but he can dodge quick and fast to move instead. He relies on split second attacks and counters to attack enemies, but since the game has a mechanic where every enemy can be greviously harmed or instantly killed when attacked at the right time, he becomes a SUPER fun character to play.

It will be massively ironic if he becomes a more powerful and interesting Samurai then Cyan. I'm still waiting for Cyan to get his spotlight, and I find it very funny that he's shown off in the current EX+ vid with Lightning and Hope.

Anyway, nice duo to look forward to this August in JP, and MY duo is finally here in GL!!!

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Zack, Vayne and Serah all appearing within close proximity of eachother really throws a wrench in my resource management plans.

I missed Lenna, wanted to pull a little for Serah. Saved up plenty of gems to pity Zack if necessary and hopefully have some leftovers for Vayne.

I can't handle pulling for 3 characters within the same week... ;_;

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Zack, Vayne and Serah all appearing within close proximity of eachother really throws a wrench in my resource management plans.

I missed Lenna, wanted to pull a little for Serah. Saved up plenty of gems to pity Zack if necessary and hopefully have some leftovers for Vayne.

I can't handle pulling for 3 characters within the same week... ;_;

At the very least, if you can clear a day in the next two weeks or spread out the grind, you'll have like 300 Tickets to try to nab whoever you don't wanna spend gems on! I know I've finally managed to scrounge up enough gems that I'll be able to pity both Zack and Vayne, and use some tickets on Serah if I get lucky.

After that, I'll be satisfied for a LOOONG time, so I can build up resources for the EX+ Era, and get myself a Palamecian Bowie!

Take your time to consider who's worthwhile if you want to pull carefully, Zack's LC banner should still be up by the time Vayne's shows up. Then, if you get lucky on one, measure your expectations, and hope for the best!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Very good month coming up.

Definitely want to pull hard for Zack and Vayne but.. I also want Ashe's EX lol

It'll be good, for sure. It has a follow-up with Guaranteed paralysis, that's be very useful for enemy turn denial! I don't know much about her getting reworked or anything, so I'm unsure how useful she'll be when she gets it, but I hope she ends up becoming great!

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
At the very least, if you can clear a day in the next two weeks or spread out the grind, you'll have like 300 Tickets to try to nab whoever you don't wanna spend gems on!

I assume you mean by clearing the Shiva board for all characters? That's such a daunting task I havent even done that with Ifrit, haha.

But yeah! Hopefully I'll get lucky on either Vayne or Serah, but it's a nice thought that Zack is guaranteed at this point. I still really need a tank.

Good job on getting 150k gems for both Zack and Vayne though! Impressive dedication/restraint.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I assume you mean by clearing the Shiva board for all characters? That's such a daunting task I havent even done that with Ifrit, haha.

Yeah, it'll for sure be rough, but the rewards outweigh the negatives, if you have ways to keep yourself sane! The gem cost for 2x and 3x books will still be down around the time Shiva happens, or so I've heard, so you can get a couple packs of books, and success in grinding out Shiva boards with them will refund the cost back to you!

If you REALLY don't want to do it all now, don't, it's okay! A QoL Feature to just Pool all the Summon Points for Each of the Summon Boards is going to be/is implemented for Jpn, so we will likely see that come up sometime earlier then they got it. Just max your faves and a few extras for some rewards if you need them.

Furthermore, Characters on any banner will have the 2X EXP bonus, and will also earn 2X Summon Points individually when being used on any Summon board, so you can wait to max out your favourites when they get featured.

No pressure to get this all done now, just do what you can or want to, and have fun! Believe me, from what I heard about Shiva, it'll be difficult no matter what if you aren't careful...

But yeah! Hopefully I'll get lucky on either Vayne or Serah, but it's a nice thought that Zack is guaranteed at this point. I still really need a tank.

Good job on getting 150k gems for both Zack and Vayne though! Impressive dedication/restraint.

Yeah, best of luck! I hope you can get them all! Just don't sweat it if you don't get lucky, or if you can't get the 35 CP if you already snag the EX. The tokens are there to help with that!

Believe me, I would have way more if I hadn't taken chances and gotten weak along the way, but I at least managed to bounce back, and without spending a single dime! Just goes to show how generous this game can be that you can spend gems occasionally and STILL have enough to get your favourites!

However, I will be buying Zack's Costume Bundle out of support for this game. Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia was a Game I was very excited for when I'd heard about it way back when. After being disappointed with the direction NT was going, having Loved and Adored the original Dissidia games, I had thought that another one in the original style may never be made.

But, looking back at my time with this game, that fear was washed away. Sure, it isn't a 1v1 arena fighter with RPG elements anymore, but the spirit of those original games lived on. The characters live and breath, talk to each other, and exemplify strengths carried from their original games. The combat system is visceral yet tactical, taking everything the originals had and adapting them to a more traditional RPG structure near-perfectly! Heck, that structure is Final Fantasy X, one of my favourite games for many reason, but especially for it's battle system!

And the generosity of both the developers, and the game design they created, with no stamina for fights, large amounts of currency given out all the time, and even content updates and Quality of Life measures being implemented monthly all the time, and careful response to fans, community support, it's all so much!

I had given up on a true sequel to usurp Duodecim a long time ago. But now, I realize it had already been made, and surprisingly it's a Gatcha game. And excepting the fact that the business model for these games are traditionally predatory beyond belief and I wouldn't cry if every model like this is made illegal the world over, that's okay.

All this to say, DFFOO is fantastic, and the developers and staff associated with it deserve whatever accolades and of course cash people spend on this. (Again, not whales tho, that's usually psychological blood money)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Heartfelt review aside, One of the reasons I'm exited for Serah... is because I don't have a splash character!

I skipped out on Rinoa, and I never got even the 35cp for the Twins, so if I get lucky with tickets and nab even Serah's 35CP, I'll have a solid character to clear waves consistently with! I mean, Golbez and Kefka are nice, but they both get heavily impacted by their split damage, which makes them unreliable in tougher content for dealing with Adds, rather then just splitting their Brv to max out damage quicker.

Also, I'm confident that even with the Dreaded Passives, Serah will be useful even with minimum passives. I mean sure, you kinda wanna roll for three of them at least, but perfect oranges aren't going to be reasonable to shoot for in most circumstances. You take your time, put in some work, and hopefully you get the ones that matter to you. For me, it's the 10% Atk and Brv party Auras above all else.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've been running Cloud in jff co-ops lately (launch + paralyze is too good for high scores), and I spruced him up by equipping the Buster Sword along with his AC costume. And I have to say that Best Boy is looking gooood. Took a small hit in a few passives so that I could keep Meteorain equipped but nothing major. REALLY hope we get weapon skins at some point. It's annoying that these characters' most iconic weapons are relegated to 15 and 35cps.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I've been running Cloud in jff co-ops lately (launch + paralyze is too good for high scores), and I spruced him up by equipping the Buster Sword along with his AC costume. And I have to say that Best Boy is looking gooood. Took a small hit in a few passives so that I could keep Meteorain equipped but nothing major. REALLY hope we get weapon skins at some point. It's annoying that these characters' most iconic weapons are relegated to 15 and 35cps.

I knoooooow! I'm really looking forward to Weapon skins! I imagine tieing them to Weapon Passives would be the easiest and most fair way to have them be available.

Thankfully, the Devs are away it's a highly requested feature, alongside a Jukebox for playing different music in levels, and they are most likely attempting to make it work.

I hope it comes here sooner then later, it'd be tons of fun to use different character's weapons on each other, alongside the bare-minimum possibility of having character use their iconic weapons.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Mpg Gym is open!

By completing all the super easy missions, you'll be able to get enough High shards and crystals of all tiers to max out one of all six crystal types!

However, be careful when spending! There are unlimited supply options in there as well, and you only get Mog Gym Event Tokens from the missions, so don't spend max on only one tier 1 crystal by mistake!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I bought all T2/3/4 crystal but since I'm at 9999 of T1 I'll wait a bit before buying them.
It's very welcoming even for veteran haha.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm of the opinion that even though it's an "event," the only thing that's temporary about it is the 6 draw tickets you get when you beat it completely, so it's a really good thing for everyone that it's here!

Now I can feel vindicated that I didn't grind for crystals to max out Xack and Yayne! (Don't tell anyone 0_0)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't done the last story update, I blame Fire Emblem Three Houses, that game can be really addicting.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woot, got Serah's EX on the 8th pull. Decided to go for it because of how good she is (I'm willing to grind out her artifacts) and she's one of my favorite characters from the XIII games.

She'll also help with the Shiva grind lol.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
218 tickets to get Serah's EX. phew. Also, one of my worst ticket streaks with close to 100 before a gold showed up (Seifer 35cp). Gonna go for treasure rewards mostly this time around, very few maxxed out boards.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So far I only had 30 tickets to spend, plus the 18 on the way to the Shiva fight, and no dice. I'm gonna do some serious grinding at some point, and I found a rhythm similar to Ifrit.

If any of you have Quistis, and have either filled up your friends list with Quistis' or have a few in your support page, as long as you wait until the split, replace your (presumably EX-less) Serah after she debuffs, you can delay both shivas while your damage dealer rushes down one of them to death.

Then, it'll only be a matter of time until the last one croaks, and if you're lucky, they won't use Diamond Dust on you! Granted, this is just me talking with a good team, I don't know who else you'll plan on bringing in for grinding.

This board has been dreaded, for the Shiva split is super annoying to deal with if you aren't careful! Make sure you use somebody like Serah with an Atk debuff, or a Max Brv or Int Brv debuff, as that will keep the damage after the Diamond Dust from messing you up too bad.

And remember, you're dealing with two summons here! If you can't delay them, do your best to keep them from breaking your characters! You don't want that veil to go up and make it impossible to deal damage until you shave them to a break!

Best of luck, if anyone has any advice on how any of the other Super Synergy characters can contribute, please bring it up! It can be a godsend for some if a character they have already invested in is useful in this as a Super Synergy!

Oct 27, 2017
142 tickets and 30k gems to get her EX... oh well...

I'm skipping Zack since WoL's rework is coming sooner than I expected, so I won't waste resources on him.

Vayne is a must next week aaaaand I'm done for this month.

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
51 tickets:

Seifer 35cp
Thancred 35cp
Serah EX

Worked out well since Serah was already MLB. Now that the pulls are over, the grind begins. Not looking forward to Shiva and artifacts for the next two weeks.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the Shiva cosmos fight. It was annoying more than it was tough.

Was surprised I was able to burn a clone before they were able to diamond dust

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Tried my luck with like 40 tickets, but I'll wait after Vayne before deciding if I want Serah EX or not.

Last edited:

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
I went a little nuts since I really needed a better support than I have currently and went in hard (tickets) for Serah.

150 tickets later...
Nothing.

Wellp, went and tried Shiva event, got a bunch of tickets from that-- might as well try my luck some more... Got the EX on the last of those. That was pretty fortunate in the end!

Now the grind for the passives begins. I'm not sure how a half-perfect equipped Serah is compared to the almost statistically impossible perfect passive build of her, but she seems pretty solid so far. (Only managed 2x Charged Moonlight and 1x All Debuff Attack Boost for now. Of which, apparently, you want 3x each so both in one slot. Yikes!).

Grats to all who pulled her EX and best of luck for the other side of the double RNG coin; the passives! :)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I regret getting Serah's EX. Her max brv is awful.

Yeah, a BIG reason for why you need to hunt down her Artifacts are because they provide HER with extra max Brave. Moonlight Charge gives her 20% Max Brv along with an extra use of Moonlight each, and Debuff Boost gives her and the other party members 10% Atk and 10% Brv.

If you are super lucky, she can have 90% more max Brv, more then enough to make her viable! Which is why it's okay if you only get Three of her Dreaded Artifacts, because it cleans the issue up relatively well.

You got lucky, and that's a good thing! Just try to run her WoI a few times, and hope for the best! I'm sure she'll make herself useful!

A word to the wise, however. Because her major claim to fame is her two different poison effects, along with her major Max Brv down debuff, don't pair her up with anyone that decreases enemy iBrv.

Poison damage is a reverse Brv Regen effect, and is affected by the iBrv of those afflicted with it. If you Debuff enemy iBrv, it becomes much less effective. Better to focus on other debuffs with other characters, or just let Serah handle debuffing for the party.

By the way, when all is said and done, even if you aren't that lucky with the Artifacts, Serah still provides a rediculous amount of Atk to the party, especially if they don't already benefit from any Generic Atk boosts!

For those who are on the fence about spending tickets on her, Don't sweat the EX if you are just grinding, though! Her 35CP, heck, even just her 15CP would be more then enough to make her useful in Summon Board Grinding.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Spent the co-op challenge tickets and gems on Serah and no dice. Still not sure if I want to spend more going for her EX or not.

In other news, I now have everyone to 60/60, with the obv exceptions. Bring on level 70! :)

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
I regret getting Serah's EX. Her max brv is awful.

Trust me, if you at least get 2x Charged Moonlight (or 3x) and/or at least one Debuff Attack Boost you'll notice a solid difference in performance, and then you can test your luck with the perfect passives which have both in one slot.

Again, though, I can only imagine how a perfect build would run compared to this.

I can at least tell you with those basic ones, Shiva is a complete pushover.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I did like hmmmm close to 100 tickets now for Serah's EX and still nothing. I still have a ton of tickets to get... still got 75 remaining. 160K gems too but I'll only use those if I feel like tickets are super unlucky.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I put the coop tickets and managed a copy of her 35 and two 15 for her and Thanacred. I'll leave the rest of my ticket stash for later characters. I like her character design but I'm not as fond of her as some other upcoming characters. I also haven't been playing all month so I need to build my stash again.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was at 790 tickets so I said to myself to use 40 to hit that 750 spot, and I did get lucky! (754 tickets atm)

4d75171e-9836-4925-b5g5kb6.png

Now to farm those artifact @_@
Thankfully Vayne event will have Serah's Eidojas.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I don't have Serah's EX, but I managed one dreaded double and two other Moonlight Charges with one quick Artifact session!

Now I hope I get her EX in a few more tickets next time I spend some, otherwise I'll likely just keep her the way she is. At the end of the day, I just want her to be viable to help grind out Shiva Boards, so I hope I'm not spending too much of their rewards on her if I'm not planning on using her too much.

Besides, I've got other fish to fry with tickets down the line , can't fret over a character who doesn't want to help me by taking all my resources! I could be spending this stuff on characters I actually want without gems, like Porom, or Layle's EX, or Krile's EX, or Faris' EX, or even Sherlotta!

If you aren't too into a character, even if they are "Meta" for the time being, go with your heart and move on. There are plenty of useable characters in the game, and you can always save up for them later if you change your mind when they become amazing!

Just know when you're done trying. Suck Cost Fallacy is a real thing, and it'll drain you dry if you let it. Sometimes it's worth it, like on Lenna's banner, and other times it's not, like Vaan's banner. Sort out your priorities the best you can, and move forward.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So far I have used

Kain, Cloud, Auron
Zidane, Vivi, Faris

To grind Shiva. Serah is NOT required.

Serah is going to be most useful during cosmos events and for that I recommend getting her ex, but you don't need it for Shiva

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Speaking of grinding Shiva, very important advice for optimizing runs.

It only costs exactly 1800 Summon Points to get all rewards on someone's Shiva board, so with a triple book And a Super Synergy character on the team, you only need to run with a character Three times to get all their rewards.

So if you wanna make sure you grind efficiently, make sure the Characters you are Carrying get to 1800 Points before switching.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ah geez, I completely forgot about triple books (I never use them). Thank you!

Yeah, unfortunately double books take two extra runs, but the return on investment for buying the discount 5-packs of 3X Exp Books is completely worth the gems.

You literally make up 300 of the 5-pack's 400 gem cost on One characters board! It's a really good idea to pick them up!

Plus, buy a few triple books for Items as well, so you can have an easier time when you hunt down Eidojas or Crystals for characters. It's a very solid investment, especially compared to just one crappy multipull.

Don't get too carried away in buying books though, you'll have a ton of 2X books of all kinds to work through before the 3X books, and it's better to just invest in a healthy stash for emergencies rather then max out on stuff you'll never be able to make use of.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I saw a lot of people talk about if serah and her ex was a must for Shiva. So I decided to do a no serah, no healer run

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Vayne event so far away, I need to farm Serah's Eidojas and grinding WoI had disappointing results.
Anyway for Zack, I'll join most people at pulling on Ignis's banner since I already got a good WoL, but good luck for anyone aiming for him! 48 hours left!
I saw a lot of people talk about if serah and her ex was a must for Shiva. So I decided to do a no serah, no healer run

That was pretty good, nice!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Why is Vayne event so far away, I need to farm Serah's Eidojas and grinding WoI had disappointing results.
Anyway for Zack, I'll join most people at pulling on Ignis's banner since I already got a good WoL, but good luck for anyone aiming for him! 48 hours left!

That was pretty good, nice!

I already have Warrior of Light, but Zack is so important to me I cannot resist!

Not to mention, he becomes and even starts off as a fantastic damage dealer with a useful 40% Atk party aura, he tanks damage, deals damage, and helps everyone else deal damage too! Can't reccomend him enough, the wait is excruciating!!!

Vayne's gonna be great too!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Tossed a little more at Serah and still nothing. I think my team is in good enough shape without her so I'm mostly fighting that feeling that I have to have her.

As for Zack, VII is my ride or die game of all time but I'll be skipping him. Just not a fan. Good luck to those pulling though. I do hope we get some new scenes between him and Cloud in his LC.

Dang, nice work! I haven't tried this fight yet but I've been planning on running it with Seph and Vivi, just not sure on the third yet. Your no Serah run makes me more confident I can get it done using someone like Lenna.

Last edited: