• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Whats so good about Serah for someone that have zero attachment to FFXIII cast?
It's been stated earlier, but basically her buffing ability is very good, mixing good generic attack and max brv buffs with a potentially powerful aura, can debuff enemy max Brave by half and reduce their attack a little, all her attacks restore Brv to the party, especially her second one, and at the center of it all, she has two distinct poison effects, one from her First ability and one from her EX.

She's a great all-rounder that specializes in party stat support and denying the enemy it's Brv, while supplying her party with Brv of their own.

She's pretty good, but you want to get at least three of her Dreaded Artifact Passives, as they inform much of her strength, since without at least some of them, her Max Brv is absolutely unacceptable.

To put it into perspective, she is on par with other characters and their buff passives to max Brave, when she has all her Artifacts, giving her a total of 90% Max Brv. without them, she will basically be at half max Brave compared to the rest of your party.

So in conclusion, she's a fine addition, but I'd honestly not worry about it if you only want to use her for Shiva. Do a quick half hour Eidoja grind with her World of Illusion, grind when Zack or Vayne's show up, or just don't worry about it if you have any other useful supports like Lenna. She doesn't need her EX to be useful, but she'll lose out on functionality if she can't get it.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Tossed a little more at Serah and still nothing. I think my team is in good enough shape without her so I'm mostly fighting that feeling that I have to have her.

As for Zack, VII is my ride or die game of all time but I'll be skipping him. Just not a fan. Good luck to those pulling though. I do hope we get some new scenes between him and Cloud in his LC.

Dang, nice work! I haven't tried this fight yet but I've been planning on running it with Seph and Vivi, just not sure on the third yet. Your no Serah run makes me more confident I can get it done using someone like Lenna.

lol are you kidding? Lenna will make this fight a cake walk. I would say that lenna trivializes Shiva more than serah even

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Serah seemed like she would nudge Lenna since she's immune to int brv down but I'll take your word for it. I haven't unlocked it yet, just going off the lv 100.

I have done the fight with lenna and serah.

Lenna allows you to heal, so if you are slow or your dps is low, you can survive diamond dust.

Plus Lenna gives you immunity from her speed down and int brv down debuffs as well as brv regen and her EX is aoe

Vivi, Sephiroth, Lenna will melt Shiva. Assuming you have EX weapons

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I already have Lenna and Freya MLB'd, so saving up gems for Vayne and Rydia as my targets this month. Plus I have no desire to grind for Serah artifacts while also grinding Shiva. The one character of the Cursed 6 that I'll probably grind for is Yuna coming up.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Y'all shouldn't sleep on my boy, even if you have Warrior of Light. One big thing he provides is a full 40% Atk and Max Brv aura when buffed, meaning it only does he tank and deal tons of damage, he also supports the party's offensive ability just by being there!

Anything thing to not sleep on is the difference in tanking ability. WoL is very much "set it and forget it," because when his Shield becomes multitarget, no attacks that hit the party and don't deplete the shield will provide enemies with stolen Brave, or deplete the Brave of the party members affected. That means he is very effective against multitarget attacks.

Zack, however, is the single target MVP! His unique self buff from his EX turns 150% of his iBrv into an absolute defense! If the damage he takes from Brave attacks equals or is lower then 150% of his iBrv, he completely nullifies it, no questions asked. If it's Over, it reduces damage taken by that amount instead. Big thing to bring up is that even if he's dealing with meaty one hit attacks, all his Hp attacks self battery with damage dealt, so he will NEVER be without any Brave to protect himself with!

Also worth noting, the Absolute Defense is Per Attack, so multi-hitting attacks are almost always completely nullified. That means he absolutely chumps characters and bosses that do those nearly exclusively, like Sephiroth, as seen on this great smack down.

Don't sit the Hero out! He's got Squats to Spare! Give him a few tickets at least, you won't be dissatisfied!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Zack for me is he is right before Warrior of Light who I'm more interested in at the moment for the tank role, and I'd rather save for the one story banner later on where we'll get both Zack and Ignis' weapons. Zack looks very good in the future with his EX+ though, and I'll probably find more use for him then.

Good luck to everyone pulling for his EX.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to WoL finally having his moment. For someone who's been with us since the start, poor guy just hasn't found a ton of use yet. With his rework coming so soon and with already having him 15/35/EX MLB'd, he's going be amazing and a staple in my roster.

Ignis is one of my favorite characters so I'll be spending for him, which will probably get me stuff for Zack if I do ever decide to use him. Which reminds me Noctis will be coming back next month with his rework/lv 70 too and he'll be another one to shoot for.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh, one more big thing to consider.

Wether you are picking up Zack for his Damage Denial and high offense, or Warrior of Light for his crazy rework alongside expert Party Protection, remember that their defensive buffs are powered by one stat.

iBrv!

Make sure you gun for it with their Artifacts if you can, it'll make them that more effective at their job of protecting the party! Plus, both of them benifit from self imposed Brv Regen, so it'll keep their offense up too!

Zack majorly benefits from his unique Arifact Passive (soldier's Grit **, 5% Atk and 15% Max Brv each!) along with Atk though, since he's a powerhouse, so don't forget about those!

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Randomly decided to toss some tickets at Serah's banner tonight while watching Netflix, and finally walked away with her EX... 300 tickets later. It stings, but I've had more than my share of good luck in this game, so I'll take the L gracefully.

Best of luck to everyone waiting on Zack's banner tomorrow. His reign doesn't last long, but he's a lot of fun to use and... it's ZACK, for crying out loud!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
More than 4 hours of x2 books, 50 potions and 1M gils farming Serah's artifacts, nothing amazing came out.
This system suck.

Edit : another 30 mins 2x session later, this is the best I could get

39ff86e0-9306-4c38-9f63jqk.png

Going for the debuff aura of course.
Anyway this is a hard lesson to never pull for another character with cursed passives.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Man, the suspense is killing me! I'm gettin' Real antsy!!!

zack-cactaur-dance.gif

Hook us up, Square!

Update: I sniped his Extensions while the Twins event is still up, and played a round with him! I never got his weapons back then, but I had a fun time distracting the Chimera! I'll let you all know how the pulls go soon!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
WE'RE HERE, YALL!!!

fad62fabfec6fe02f75e229458d6fd22.gif

Entering Multipull Zone

I managed to get Zack's EX early but I pushed on another Multipull to get the 35Cp, and got it and another copy of his EX, so lucky me!

tumblr_p5nl502k491uvosl0o1_400.gif

Look at this Hero over her! What a guy!

Best of luck, but don't spend too much if you want Vayne more, he comes in a couple of days so you'll be able to pull on either soon enough!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Tried my luck with 50 tickets and came up with 3 powerstone and Zack's 35cp MLB, better than nothing but I didn't feel like farming his artifact after that Serah grind that is far from being over.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
HOT DAMN, THANK MY [Lucky Stars Lv. 5],

I managed to get Serah's EX with tickets from my boy Zack's event! Now I just have to wait until the Vayne Event to cash in a billion Eidojas for her perfect passives! I got lucky once before, if I can get lucky twice after, I'm golden! Never got Lightning, maybe that'll change with her EX+

tumblr_oaosh5sr3p1r8uo3io1_500.png

Only problem, I am tuning dangerously low on Power Orbs, so I gotta be cautious on what I spend them on. I think Serah's worth them, I just hope I don't come up short during the Conqueror's Reign.

Regardless, Noel is supposed to be an absolute beast, so I'm looking forward to picking him up sometime to complete the duo!

b97a8c89db9abcd725cf3c3f7ea25090.jpg

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Anyway this is a hard lesson to never pull for another character with cursed passives.

I feel your pain. I had similar results and feel like I'm not getting anywhere near close to even a single perfect artifact. At the very least, if it's any consolation even without those she's a solid asset to any team with the arts you have currently.
I managed to get Zack's EX early but I pushed on another Multipull to get the 35Cp, and got it and another copy of his EX, so lucky me!

Congrats!
I'm actually glad I saved up all those gems because I had a gut feeling I'd need to pity him. And I did. Although the extra power stones came in handy after Serah.

Now maybe I'll get a lucky ticket pull on Vayne, but I doubt it.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Zack's EX in about 50ish tickets and one pull.

Didn't have to break the bank and I'm happy. Now I can pull for Vayne in peace.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Got Zack's EX in about 50ish tickets and one pull.

Didn't have to break the bank and I'm happy. Now I can pull for Vayne in peace.

Best of luck! Those two will be massively good partners in crime!

Although I will say that for the time being, my team of Zack, Serah and Sephiroth is really tearing stuff up! Especially since Sephiroth and Zack benifit greatly from Serah's generic high Atk buff, and her party Spd up buff aura mixed with Sephiroth's enemy Spd Down buff aura makes them take a billion turns!

Gotta watch out in ability uses, though. Gotta find a good rhythm for them!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh by the way, for all you Zack Heads out ther, keep in mind that his damage is low when he isn't being targeted, but when he is, it jumps up around THREE TIMES THE DAMAGE, so keep that in mind for any artifact passives and such. He scales up on good Artifacts and the Summon Board Passives really well.

His damage with all this together is Absolutely Disgusting, and I love it so much!

You can apply this thinking to other characters that have abilities that are empowered in a similarity direct way, like group attack with a special effect dealing more damage to single targets, or increased damage depending on the enemy's number of debuffs.

Edit: oh yeah, make sure you do the Story EX, Co-op rewards and COSMOS before Vayne shows up, 'cause it ends when he starts.

His is a debut event, so you'll have something else to do, plus he can help out in Shiva, but just be careful not to wait too long to finish those.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I normally don't record LC runs because they are super easy, until they lift the lvl 100 cap.

But I noticed that Zack lc boss was quite tanky with lots of hp. So I decided to do a no healer, no synergy, no damage run.

Plus Price of Freedom plays as you fight. How can I refuse that????

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at Fran's Cosmos stage and noticed JP had reworked Squall, you can safely bet he's coming back with his rework when our Abyss Beta drop here.
We should also get reworked WoL before the end of Fran's event.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm close to 100 potions used with 2x books and still no double cursed passives.
What boils my blood is landing on a double orange with one cursed passive and right after it get another double orange with the other cursed, it happened like 4 times already and it makes me so mad at this awful feature.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I'm close to 100 potions used with 2x books and still no double cursed passives.
What boils my blood is landing on a double orange with one cursed passive and right after it get another double orange with the other cursed, it happened like 4 times already and it makes me so mad at this awful feature.
Why are you wasting potions? Just wait until vayne event for artifacts

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you wasting potions? Just wait until vayne event for artifacts
I want to focus on Vayne when his event drop, I'm going to do coop with books then WoI but I'd better if I had at least one perfect for Serah, maybe I'm asking too much haha.
I still have 500 potions left and 62 book, still haven't touched any tomes.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So your solution is to use gems?

Where did I say to use gems? Just do vayne coop

I want to focus on Vayne when his event drop, I'm going to do coop with books then WoI but I'd better if I had at least one perfect for Serah, maybe I'm asking too much haha.
I still have 500 potions left and 62 book, still haven't touched any tomes.

Well I plan to farm serah, Zack, and vayne during vayne event. Save potions for summons

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might throw some tickets at Vayne. I'll keep thinking about it.

Also, if you're really worried about Serah's artifacts, Vayne's event is a really good time to farm them since her, Vayne, and Zack's artifacts will be available. I know I'll be hosting a lot of rooms to farm their Eidojas.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I've been hyped for MONTHS, I'm ready to pity him, and hoping I don't, so I can get a head start on Emperor and Ultimecia a couple of months after!

He's gonna be great, and he pairs so well with Zack too! I'm ecstatic!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
hey guys, just got Zack's ex and having a ton of fun.

seems like Vayne is hyped up. how does he play? what's good about him?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
hey guys, just got Zack's ex and having a ton of fun.

seems like Vayne is hyped up. how does he play? what's good about him?

The main thing about Vayne is that he has a mechanic where he builds up a buff that gives him several free turns in a row, and his Brv+ and Hp+ are both good, and fill up that buff as well. Once it gets to Three Stacks, it allows Vayne to do Plus versions of all his attacks that give him free turns twice in a row, effectively giving him three free turns in a row.

This means he can boost the score really easily, and does huge amounts of damage in a short time!

He also has a broken ability that not only dumps Brv and still does Four more hits and an Hp attack after, but UNBREAKS ENEMIES, therefore acting as a delay attack.

His EX is the most broken of all, as it restores a use to BOTH of his abilities, meaning with careful use he has nearly infinite longevity!

He also has a 25% Atk and 50% Max Brv Party Aura, meaning he supports the party with a constant buff on top of all that!

He does best with other characters that provide party auras, since his free turns run out his buffs relatively quickly, though characters that use their buffing abilities like Serah can usually keep up fine!

Overall, he's freaking amazing and unique, and he's future proof since when he finally gets his EX+, he jumps to one of the highest priority characters in the roster.

I personally highly recommend him, as he is very unique, but if you can't spare the gems at least throw a few tickets and see if you luck out on his EX.

Others say that Noctis's Rework comes in a round a month, and brings Noctis to a level similar to Vayne for a while, but I don't know anything about that. I'd reccomend checking the Dissidia Database and comparing if you want to see which one works for you more.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'll pull a bit for Vayne. Decided not to go for Serah much more than I already did so I have more funds available than I thought. Not enough to pity him though so I do need to get lucky.

Elsewhere, I've finished everything else, all missions clear. Shiva cosmos did indeed go down in a hail of fire with Lenna, Vivi, and Seph. That team comp was almost too easy.

1 more day

I can't wait to MLB his 15, 35 and EX weapons and equip him with Sephiroth's stupidly long katana

I've done a few co-ops with 'Squalliroth'. In the right hands, the Masamune blade is wonderfully hilarious.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
The main thing about Vayne is that he has a mechanic where he builds up a buff that gives him several free turns in a row, and his Brv+ and Hp+ are both good, and fill up that buff as well. Once it gets to Three Stacks, it allows Vayne to do Plus versions of all his attacks that give him free turns twice in a row, effectively giving him three free turns in a row.

This means he can boost the score really easily, and does huge amounts of damage in a short time!

He also has a broken ability that not only dumps Brv and still does Four more hits and an Hp attack after, but UNBREAKS ENEMIES, therefore acting as a delay attack.

His EX is the most broken of all, as it restores a use to BOTH of his abilities, meaning with careful use he has nearly infinite longevity!

He also has a 25% Atk and 50% Max Brv Party Aura, meaning he supports the party with a constant buff on top of all that!

He does best with other characters that provide party auras, since his free turns run out his buffs relatively quickly, though characters that use their buffing abilities like Serah can usually keep up fine!

Overall, he's freaking amazing and unique, and he's future proof since when he finally gets his EX+, he jumps to one of the highest priority characters in the roster.

I personally highly recommend him, as he is very unique, but if you can't spare the gems at least throw a few tickets and see if you luck out on his EX.

Others say that Noctis's Rework comes in a round a month, and brings Noctis to a level similar to Vayne for a while, but I don't know anything about that. I'd reccomend checking the Dissidia Database and comparing if you want to see which one works for you more.

That's broke. I prepared for Zack's and got it on an early roll. I'll try to pull Vayne's tomorrow.

Thanks

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
You get 5 runs before you have to refresh bells. You need hundreds of artifacts to roll even one perfect artifact for Serah. If you want to farm in earnest using co-op, you're going to have to spend gems.

Doing coop is still better, especially with books. And you don't have to spend bell's. Just wait until refresh

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I still haven't got Serah's ex and I'm about to give up and use gems.... also I just wanted to say how happy it makes me to see that Opera Omnia's support is strong and we have a dedicated community with awesome streams. Yesterday night Square Enix killed off the global version of Star Ocean Anamnesis and the game will be officially dead in November. Opera Omnia may not be a Titan in sales like FFBE but man am I glad that we keep getting updates. If the game closed down I think I would cry.

Anyhow, back to spending more tickets/grinding lol and also congrats to all new pulls!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I still haven't got Serah's ex and I'm about to give up and use gems.... also I just wanted to say how happy it makes me to see that Opera Omnia's support is strong and we have a dedicated community with awesome streams. Yesterday night Square Enix killed off the global version of Star Ocean Anamnesis and the game will be officially dead in November. Opera Omnia may not be a Titan in sales like FFBE but man am I glad that we keep getting updates. If the game closed down I think I would cry.

Anyhow, back to spending more tickets/grinding lol and also congrats to all new pulls!
I just read that in the BE thread. I don't know anything about that particular SO game, but that has to be hard news for fans and players. Sounds like it wasn't given much of a chance and they did some shady stuff to the player base.

Like you, I'd cry if I lost OO too lol. I hope that it continues to grow; it's really hitting it's stride now. It can definitely be grindy, but so many great characters are in the roster now and favorites that are playable again that it's fun to build them up. All in all it's a great time to get into the game. OO is a good one, for sure.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Holy Crap! Was anyone having trouble with Mog Gym? There was apparently a glitch that reset the contents of the reward shop, so in fixing this glitch, they gave away enough Mog Gym coins to effectively buy the whole thing out again!

And the kicker?

They also Reset the shop rewards too, letting you buy huge amounts of high grade resources as an apology.

Freaking WOW! This has to be the most benevolent response to an issue I have ever seen! Get your 6 characters worth of High Shards if you can!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw earlier there was a few stuff that was back and got them, and now they did reset the whole shop.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I can't help myself, I need to farm lol
Thankfully I have stuff to do now so waiting Vayne won't be painful, that said, if I didn't get a perfect passive in 100 potions, chances are slims with co-op Eidojas. I want to believe in the power of probabilities though.

Edit : woops double post.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
In roughly Five hours, the Conqueror of Ivalice will arrive! Anyone super excited right now!?

tumblr_p5j4bhUX7o1s2wenvo2_500.gif

I've been waiting so long for this, and I'm ready to Pity!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
The final hour is worst! Just about finished with summons boards, so more than ready to pity break him if need be!

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to try my luck and do one pull to see what I could get...and got the EX.

Unfortunately I'm lacking his 35cp (this is now the third time this has happened for me) and so I'll have to wait until I have enough weapon tokens to get it.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Woof, almost 40 mins of pulling and 395 tickets later, I finally got it

7fdec69d-d65e-4a38-8bi5jzx.png

65c55b30-16f5-4885-8basjv3.png

I brought this to myself when I said intensive pulling lmao, at least this made le get loads of powerstone, and with my recent luck I'm not mad.