• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Woof, almost 40 mins of pulling and 395 tickets later, I finally got it

7fdec69d-d65e-4a38-8bi5jzx.png

65c55b30-16f5-4885-8basjv3.png

I brought this to myself when I said intensive pulling lmao, at least this made le get loads of powerstone, and with my recent luck I'm not mad.
I am in awe of your gem and ticket stash. Even after the pull streak it's still impressive lol. 'Grats!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh man, Vayne is so freaking fun to use!

Just remember, Mach Wave increases Conquerer's Power by Two instead of one, and Force of Will gives the party buff, that is extra good on him.

And Tree of Sephira raises Conqurer's Power by three and restores uses to his other abilities.

Therefore, the best way to take advantage of his unique mechanics is to use Force of Will for the buff and delay, THEN Mach wave, then either or the Brv+ or Hp+ on the free turns, then Mach Wave on the last turn, since it turns back and restores 2 instead of none.

That way, you'll get your free turns for every two turns.

Plus, use Tree of Sephira on the last of the free turns, it's a waste to use it when it's a + ability.

Do this, and immense power is yours!

Also, buff up his Atk with Ifrit and Two Star Artifacts ASAP, that guy needs them early. He then does amazing damage, but it helps significantly!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Vayne is so broken lol. He isn't maxed yet and I managed to do his cosmos without getting hit once.

I could probably replace Lenna for more dps.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Like I already said in this thread, new event drop at 4 AM here so I could only pull and do 5 coop/use NRG on Ultimate Ifrit before going to sleep, today I'll farm quite a bit.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
I don't believe it. I got both his 35cp and EX within ten tickets. Who is the next big meta character again? Because I think I just cashed in on a year's amount of gacha-related luck.

PS: Vayne really is overpowered, my word...
Between him, Serah and Zack they just melted COSMOS Shiva.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it. I got both his 35cp and EX within ten tickets. Who is the next big meta character again? Because I think I just cashed in on a year's amount of gacha-related luck.

Next meta is WoL rework in less than one month, then Sherlotta.
Otherwise not meta for several months but super good characters that'll still last 2/3 months are Noctis and Noel.

Last edited:

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Took 45K to get Vayne's EX. Not bad considering the last time I went all out on pulling with Rinoa I ended up getting her on the 15th pull :/.

The first four weapons I got from pulls were off banner lol

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Decided to spend what I had left in gems on Vayne. No EX but enough copies of his 35 to mlb it oddly enough. Then tossed today's 5 chocoboard tickets at his banner.....and got it. Whew. I'm set now for a while.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Took 40k, but I MLB+1 his 15, 2LB 35, plus several copies for the other two, which I had no weapons for. Not bad. I threw the tickets from his event at Zack's banner and got his EX too! I like Sarah but I am not going to grind artifacts for her. Vayne is fun to use. Such a badass lol

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Took 40k, but I MLB+1 his 15, 2LB 35, plus several copies for the other two, which I had no weapons for. Not bad. I threw the tickets from his event at Zack's banner and got his EX too! I like Sarah but I am not going to grind artifacts for her. Vayne is fun to use. Such a badass lol

Good thing is, by grinding Artifacts for Zack and Vayne through the Event, you are simultaneously grinding for Serah, so no worries! If you get lucky, that's great, but even if you don't, you'll likely get three of her Cursed Passives anyway, so don't be afraid to try.

I personally only got lucky once, and have the other two Cursed passives be Moonlight because I feel she's at her best increasing her own Max Brv, but without help in battering herself, 20% self Max Brv doesn't always come out better then a compariative 10% increase in Atk and Max Brv for the whole party.

In any case, best of luck everyone in getting those Eidoja's freaked up, I'm hunting down a perfect set for my little Consol right now! I love him so much, he's everything I dreamed about!!!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Warrior of Light with his rework, and Noctis is very good as well when he comes back.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
ABOUT F*CKING TIME

33eda75d-1b0c-4bd9-8bsjj6e.png

I can finally slow down on the intense Serah farming, it's only one perfect with other 2 being M.BRV330/debuff boost.
It was my first time using a 3x tomes and also my first time refreshing coop bell, I could run the coop 23 times in 30 mins
Oh my god that gem stash, what are you saving it for??
Nothing in particular for now, I want Garland / Ultimecia / Emperor but those are like 4 months away for the first one. Also EX+ mats will be available with G Tokens so that always help.
I'm looking into filling holes in my roster like Rem, the Abyss will be a good experience to see what I'm lacking.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm looking into filling holes in my roster like Rem, the Abyss will be a good experience to see what I'm lacking.

One of the first EX+s that come out is Krile from FFV, and she grows into a very capable support with her EX+!

It has the unique effect of batterying everyone by a solid amount every turn for five turns... but on Any Turn.

Which means it can protect the party before an enemy attacks, it can Battery characters taking free turns, it's amazing. That could be a useful priority coming up soon to fill some support, she's used even to this day because she's so helpful!

Plus, she gets Lightning Imperil as well, and she still has a buff that makes elemental weakness exploiting way more effective, so she fits well in a team that can imperil and enchant the party, like with Onion Knight or Lulu, or just characters that deal crazy Lightning damage, like Lightning and Beatrix will eventually.

Abyss will come before EX+, but I hope it can help us all reconsider our best characters and combinations!

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not having the best luck with Serah's artifacts but at least Vayne and Zach are being kind to me, as well as Paladin Cecil.

I'll keep grinding away at this co-op until I get something good for Serah, at least it's pretty quick to get through.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm not having the best luck with Serah's artifacts but at least Vayne and Zach are being kind to me, as well as Paladin Cecil.

I'll keep grinding away at this co-op until I get something good for Serah, at least it's pretty quick to get through.

That's actually a funny thing about that banner, I'm actually a little glad I had to pity Vayne, because that means I'm currently ready to ticket Cecil's EX when his EX+ banner shows up, because I already have his other weapons nearly maxed out!

Thank god I got all I needed for Vayne leading up to the pity though, it would've stung a lot if I had to limit break his 15 or 35 CP's.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Vayne is so broken lol. He isn't maxed yet and I managed to do his cosmos without getting hit once.

I could probably replace Lenna for more dps.

Vayne is absolutely ridiculous.... yeah. Crazy how you can take down COSMOS just like that lol.

Some updates.... still no Serah EX from tickets. 170k gems here but I cant risk spending just yet when I will need Rydia and Ashe then Yuna. I will keep trying tickets some more and hopefully pull it soon.... Also, The giants cosmos I manged to get done before it ended with Quistis, Rinoa, Y'shtola... and friend Rinoa. Finished it on the 89th turn. It felt really tough at times so I couldn't meet the target score and Y'shtola's ex charges so slow. A no deaths run was stupid hard to get.... I do have Lenna's ex but nothing else of her geared besides a 15 and 35.

Congrats on all of you who pulled Vayne. I gotta say.... he looks really fun but I dont know if I want to remove the challenge like that XD.... He's more broken than Rinoa. I guess we will see how he fairs in Abyss huh?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on all of you who pulled Vayne. I gotta say.... he looks really fun but I dont know if I want to remove the challenge like that XD.... He's more broken than Rinoa. I guess we will see how he fairs in Abyss huh?
Yeah, Abyss Beta is probably going to be super hard, like when we got EX stages early and only a couple of players could do it.
Since it's a Global exclusive feature (until real Abyss at least), I fear how it'll be balanced.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Vayne is absolutely ridiculous.... yeah. Crazy how you can take down COSMOS just like that lol.

Some updates.... still no Serah EX from tickets. 170k gems here but I cant risk spending just yet when I will need Rydia and Ashe then Yuna. I will keep trying tickets some more and hopefully pull it soon.... Also, The giants cosmos I manged to get done before it ended with Quistis, Rinoa, Y'shtola... and friend Rinoa. Finished it on the 89th turn. It felt really tough at times so I couldn't meet the target score and Y'shtola's ex charges so slow. A no deaths run was stupid hard to get.... I do have Lenna's ex but nothing else of her geared besides a 15 and 35.

I highly recommend that you get lenna maxed since you already have her ex. She has been my go to character for any event that has been out since her EX released.

As for Vayne, it really depends on your current dps.

Just know something, that while he is broken and fun to play, he isn't easy to play. He gets so many free turns that if you don't watch yourself, will burn through all your ability uses

And for me personally, I skipped Rinoa, Golbez, and Rosa. So getting Vayne for me was a no brainer

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright, so here's the deal. I'm currently using Vayne, Zack and Serah (I earned them, I can flaunt them), and I KNOW that Serah's Wound is tailor made for clearing waves, but unfortunately, she doesn't get first turn in fights.

Outside of the Double Dread Passives I'm still shooting for, should I be trying to get her 50c aétifâct that increases her speed, so she's more likely to act first in a fight?

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Alright, so here's the deal. I'm currently using Vayne, Zack and Serah (I earned them, I can flaunt them), and I KNOW that Serah's Wound is tailor made for clearing waves, but unfortunately, she doesn't get first turn in fights.

Outside of the Double Dread Passives I'm still shooting for, should I be trying to get her 50c aétifâct that increases her speed, so she's more likely to act first in a fight?
No don't sweat it. Just try for atk and mbrv

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Gotcha, appreciated!

Oh yeah, and for all you wondering what works best for Vayne, it's honestly the good old 108/330 if you can get it, maybe 108/c50 if you're lucky.

Vayne uniquely benefits a lot from increased Atk, because while his ability potencies are not incredible, he raises his Atk a very high amount to compensate. If you can get three 108's, you'll quickly see him deal max damage on most attacks with proper support.

Another cool way to make your Vayne kick ass is to work in a Buff Extending party member into your team! You don't even need to time the extension! As long as they get a turn before Vayne while he's at full stacks of Conquerer's Power, they can extend it to give him THREE free turns rather then TWO. This will also work with Alisaie when she gets her rework, so stay tuned for that!

Honestly, I think Eiko's EX is gonna get a lot of attention with this info in mind!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Here's a really useful guide to character pulls for the cosmos era! Quwie back again with his trademark enthusiasm, hope it helps you plan out your pulls!

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Finished Vayne's Cosmos with Lenna, Cloud, and Vayne. With good use of paralyze, the horse never got a turn in and I never used my friend unit. 450k score. So far, Cosmos has been easier than I expected. Abyss beta should be interesting tomorrow. Hoping for a challenge but at the same time praying it isn't super niche either.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
We got a couple of VERY powerful characters early into COSMOS, so it's going to take a few weeks for the real difficulty to kick in. I'm hoping I'm ready to take on the Abyss Beta soon, I'm sure it'll be challenging!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Abyss Beta starts tomorrow and like I said I bet we'll have Squall rework dropping with it.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Finished Vayne's Cosmos with Lenna, Cloud, and Vayne. With good use of paralyze, the horse never got a turn in and I never used my friend unit. 450k score. So far, Cosmos has been easier than I expected. Abyss beta should be interesting tomorrow. Hoping for a challenge but at the same time praying it isn't super niche either.

Vayne is just really damn broken and adding para hax to it = RIP everything so I'm not surprised. I'm seeing lots of great things about Lenna here so I may max her out but I really don't like final fantasy V but hey may as well use her I guess....

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Layle's EX should be with Squall's EX as well.

No interest in pulling though, I think I'll really start saving for the EX+/Chaos era now. I might still go for Yuna's EX with tickets but after all of this artifact grinding for Serah I don't know if I have the time or patience to do it again with Yuna.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Vayne is just really damn broken and adding para hax to it = RIP everything so I'm not surprised. I'm seeing lots of great things about Lenna here so I may max her out but I really don't like final fantasy V but hey may as well use her I guess....
I would definitely encourage you in the way of maxing her, especially if you're having any trouble clearing EX or cosmos quests; she's a great healer/battery and she's been the anchor in all my team comps. I usually only have to consider which other two characters I'm going to take with her.

And yeah, Vayne is bananas; ability refresh and turn manipulation are just too good. I was on the fence pulling for him but I'm glad I did.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Good for all those Squall users, way to stick with him till he got fantastic!

I, however, am very excited for Layle, and I'll toss a few tickets for his EX. I hope I get it, as he would be a great replacement for Serah in making Zack and Vayne do tons of damage, since his Launches would help them gain Brv, and his EX recharges very quickly!

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Happy about Squall rework!

Since I'm mostly just saving for Laguna EX, Selphie EX and Ultimecia weapons, having Squall rework will make the monthly grind more fun since I just spam stages with the required enemy.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Those new battles are made to make you un-bench your characters, I like it.
I'll progress until the first Cosmos for tonight.

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Need to keep grinding Shiva tickets since I want to throw some at Layle/Squall but need to make sure I have enough for Ashe/Paine/Noctis since I'm saving gems for WoL/Shantotto and Ramza/Terra. Would also like to get Alisaie's EX since I love red mages.

I feel it's pretty unlikely I'm going to be able to ticket four EXs but we'll see.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Enjoying Abyss so far. It's cool how the sub objectives encourage (maybe even force?) you to use characters I rarely do like those shuriken(ranged?)-icon characters.

Haven't run into any severe roadblocks yet. Gotta thank my friend units for that when I have to swap out an underleveled/geared character for the objectives.

At least the score objectives aren't nearly as tight as they were in the end sections of Zack's LC on hard.

Last edited:

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Those new battles are made to make you un-bench your characters, I like it.
I'll progress until the first Cosmos for tonight.
Enjoying Abyss so far. It's cool how the sub objectives encourage (maybe even force?) you to use characters I rarely do like those shuriken(ranged?)-icon characters.

It's a really cool idea, because is a really good incentive to experiment a lot with different groups. I'm having a blast!!!

I have decent gear for all the characters, but still need to grind crystal levels.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Tried my luck with about 60 tickets but nothing, I'd love to get Layle but it's not a must have.
Apparently floor 6 is a pain because you need 18 good characters (6 boss tiles, not including Cosmos), I'm just about to finish floor 4.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Tried my luck with about 60 tickets but nothing, I'd love to get Layle but it's not a must have.
Apparently floor 6 is a pain because you need 18 good characters (6 boss tiles, not including Cosmos), I'm just about to finish floor 4.

I'm still on floor 3, but I'm really missing my Rinoa and Golbez friends... (where's Squall too?) , they're perfect to clean trash mobs... T. T

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Just started Abyss this morning. It's fun! Like others have side, it's great using so much more of the roster. And I'm swimming in high shards now.

I'd like Layle's EX but I already have everything else on that banner so won't pull. Also unbenched Squall. Rinoa and Golbez (and Setzer when he can) are still my go-to for trash clearing, they're just faster, and cooler. Squall's animations make him look like he's having a temper tantrum :p

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Both abyss cosmos fights completed.

The tough part was making correct party compositions based on the requirements. I was lacking white crystal characters, and sword type.

Strata 3 cosmos

Strata 6 cosmos