• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Also done with this, final battle done in on go with this team, no Bartz EX so WoL it was!

65df1ad4-8262-4ab2-8d3eja6.png

I really liked it, I was a bit scared about perfecting all 6 nodes but the battles were slightly easier than the 3rd floor, to make up for it I guess.
They'll probably add 3/6 floors per month until the real Abyss drop.
Just realized I forgot to equip WoL with summon board passives and artifacts, haha.

Oct 27, 2017
A poorly designed event. Why add all these requirements (weapon and crystal types) when you can clear the trash rounds with rinoas/squalls/golbez? Just leave the only interesting part, boss fights...

If you want to keep the trash mobs add a synergy system, for example:

floor 1: enemies are weak to yellow-crystal characters and immune to the rest.
floor 2: enemies are weak to "gun weapon type" characters and immune to the rest.
floor 3: enemies are weak to VIII characters and immune to the rest, and so on.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I threw all 65 of my tickets on the banner on a whim, and made out pretty well! Got Layle's EX, and I have Yuri maxed out and ready for his rework like a year down the line! Plus, even though I don't have Squall's EX, he's still pulling his weight very well, so I like that!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Alright.... Serah EX was technically my very first pity but not really. I got the EX on the last pull so 75k gems down. I expected it at this point with all the luck. I'm not even mad in the slightest. I haven't even scratched the surface of the ifrit board gems yet, or shiva tbh.... I still have 3 LC undone for normal and hard mode and I also have the story chapter hard to do and Abyss. I got it on my very last pull and I pitied a 2nd copy. So I have a 2nd ex for EX+ Era... yay?

Anyway, the feeling was not looking great. I updated my in game message for all to see lol. From the day the banner started.... I have used 300 TIckets and did not get it. This marks my worst luck with tickets ever. Should I have grinded more? Maybe... but I was sick of it at this point and I was not about to waste 1000 tickets going for noting. I even got a 5 gold streak at one point but it was all crap. You don't want to know how many Serah 15 cp and 35 cp I sold... and those damn Thancred daggers... I have a whopping 61 + power stones and this INCLUDES weapons I haven't sold yet and some new mlb weapons. I'm stocked for life on those. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm glad the pity pull happened NOW but I don't want to see Serah's face on a banner ever again. Everytime I look at her now i'm triggered but that's because THE DAMN WOMAN hates me... clearly. I spent tons of resources but thankfully this game has tons more to get back up to my near 200k gems stash. I may be 75k down but I feel like i'm ready to grind now. Shiva summon board will become so much easier. I'm gonna try to knock out the limited missions with the remaining hours and use super synergy to my advantage. Not all of it of course but I'll do a hefty bunch. It will be boring... but that sweet sweet music though! .... *Shiva uses Resist Veil* ......

Now to get grinding seriously this week. Will use tickets per usual but i'm dreading the possibility of another pity soon. I may skip Rydia and just keep saved for Ashe since I like her better though unless I get lucky with tickets. Fran's 35 cp... i'll probably buy unless I pull it by the banner. Of course I am aiming at being back up there for Yuna EX incase Ashe severely drains me like Serah. Anyway, that's my SOB story. I hope you guys have been enjoying abyss while I was struggling endlessly with this damn Etro woman. <_< Maybe getting Lightning's EX in 3 tickets has played some part in Serah hating me.

9tCy5He.png

M7QYxcr.png

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm so sorry to hear that! It really does suck when the luck works against you and you have to spend all your resources for something you want, believe me, I was in exactly the same situation with Vaan's EX way back when. He was my big carry when Started the game years ago, so I felt I needed to get his EX really badly, and it took a full pity's worth of gems to get.

I sincerely hope Serah is of great use to you! She's pretty great with batterying the team, especially since she has so many ability uses, even not counting the passives that give her more. I reccomend getting at least one or two of her Moonlight Charge passives, but if you get lucky with Artifacts, then more power to you!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about that Hikari. I think all of us have had those moments of bad luck (I know a lot of us had that with Lenna) and it sucks whenever it happens. But, congrats on finally getting it! The Shiva grind has been annoying but from what I know the next one, Ramuh, isn't as bad.

I finally got decent artifacts on Serah, two debuff boosts and one Moonlight. I'll try my luck and see if I can get at least one perfect artifact for her, but otherwise I'm happy for the most part (even got an ATK +108 on one of them).

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, one question, who is after Rydia Lost Chapter? It's Alisae? I love Alisae, she's my favorite character of XIV with Y'shtola. I got Zack ex and Vayne (Thanks RNG Gods because I didn't get Rinoa and Golbez and everything as hard as hell without the metas). I need to save to her but I don't know how much time I have!!!! =O

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Level 70 awakening is so close! Can't wait for WoL rework as I've been building him for so long.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Guys, one question, who is after Rydia Lost Chapter? It's Alisae? I love Alisae, she's my favorite character of XIV with Y'shtola. I got Zack ex and Vayne (Thanks RNG Gods because I didn't get Rinoa and Golbez and everything as hard as hell without the metas). I need to save to her but I don't know how much time I have!!!! =O

She's coming REAL SOON!!! And I was super PO'd that I couldn't get her a long time ago when her event happened, so you bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna try to get her now!

Plus, she gets REALLY REALLY GOOD, secretly, if you know how to use her! She's similar to Vayne in that she gets a ton of free turns, and also has her main mechanic, a selfbuff called Dual Cast, that can be extended by buff extending effects like Eiko's HP Regen. That's a secretly great way to make her very powerful!

Only problem is that her elements are all over the place, and her damage isn't the greatest, but most people slept on her in Cosmos, so i'd wait until somebody can give some more useful experience.

All i know is, I want her super bad, so I'll save up tickets and gems for her and Payne. Here's hoping they can come easily!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm so sorry to hear that! It really does suck when the luck works against you and you have to spend all your resources for something you want, believe me, I was in exactly the same situation with Vaan's EX way back when. He was my big carry when Started the game years ago, so I felt I needed to get his EX really badly, and it took a full pity's worth of gems to get.

I sincerely hope Serah is of great use to you! She's pretty great with batterying the team, especially since she has so many ability uses, even not counting the passives that give her more. I reccomend getting at least one or two of her Moonlight Charge passives, but if you get lucky with Artifacts, then more power to you!

She's actually AMAZING.... so I feel it was worth it. Finished the Shiva Cosmos finally. I also grinded quite a few people today and finished all the super synergy tickets and gems. Now I can take this a little slower. Still have 150 potions or so. I'm good I think.

Sorry about that Hikari. I think all of us have had those moments of bad luck (I know a lot of us had that with Lenna) and it sucks whenever it happens. But, congrats on finally getting it! The Shiva grind has been annoying but from what I know the next one, Ramuh, isn't as bad.

I finally got decent artifacts on Serah, two debuff boosts and one Moonlight. I'll try my luck and see if I can get at least one perfect artifact for her, but otherwise I'm happy for the most part (even got an ATK +108 on one of them).

Yup, and I'm surprised it happened to me so late. This game has been my best gacha luck by far and it feels like a really late outcome if anything lol. And yup the Shiva grind is absolutely awful, imo just cause she takes forever with her animations. 3 hit brv attack... resist veil, diamond dust takes an age as well and is real annoying to deal with... not to mention she clones herself.

.....Wait a min... Allisae too? AGH.... I must praise the ticket RNG gods.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
they also announced the maintenance schedule :D

speaking of Shiva. grinding her is a chore and her animations are long. I still have 15 characters left when the banner ended. I'll probably take my time for the rest.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
they also announced the maintenance schedule :D

speaking of Shiva. grinding her is a chore and her animations are long. I still have 15 characters left when the banner ended. I'll probably take my time for the rest.
I did about 10/12 characters that I currently and will use in short term (like Rosa/Y'shtola) but I'll wait until we get the update where summon board points are shared between all characters, I'm already grinding enough for Serah artifact right now (and still no 2nd perfect >.>)

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
yeah. i heard about that update. I'm just grinding up to 1800 summon points for the tokens, gems and tickets.

I think I only mastered 5 characters in the Shiva board.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Was able to beat Vayne's cosmos without Vayne. Used Y'shtola/Serah/Rinoa with a Vayne friend and cleared it after a few tries. I see why Vayne is basically required for the score though. Dps is so slow in this fight and the horse's hp attack hits like a damn truck even at 0 brv from Serah's debuffs the regen on this thing is OP. The only thing I didn't meet was the score. I'll try to see if I can grab Vayne's 35 cp at least since you guys said it was easy even without his ex.

Also, I finally decided I am going to max Lenna. I just need to level her so hopefully i'll stop being lazy tomorrow. Rydia's EX is whatever right now unless I get lucky with tickets.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Rydia's EX in about 7-10 throwaway tickets lol might token her 35. Gonna read up on if she's worth the resources.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Got Rydia's EX in about 7-10 throwaway tickets lol might token her 35. Gonna read up on if she's worth the resources.
Ahhh, don't say that! I really like Rydia's kit, and I already spent 10 throwaway tickets!

Seriously though, she seems like a really solid, if not completely future proof, support for characters with multi-hit attacks like Sephiroth, Vayne and Zack, mainly because exploiting elemental weaknesses is so broken, and she comes with hearty Atk/Brv buffs and solid damage dealing potential!

I can't afford to spend on the banner, but I hope she rocks for some of you!

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got enough weapon tokens for Vayne's 35cp, and I instantly MLB it and his EX.

The Cosmos stage for his event was ridiculously easy, with him and a friend Quistis I had no trouble and the boss never got a single turn. Vayne is very, very good and I'm really happy I got his stuff. Him, Serah, and Warrior of Light once he gets his rework will be my main team for a while.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I hate having to grind for artifacts in the WOI. 1/3 odds of getting Eidojas for the character you care about :/. Was grinding artifacts for Rydia and got Yang 6 times in a row.. I didn't even bother fuse them I just sold all them shits to save time lol

like out of a 30 minute 3X tome for items I got Eidojas for Rydia twice lol

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I hate having to grind for artifacts in the WOI. 1/3 odds of getting Eidojas for the character you care about :/. Was grinding artifacts for Rydia and got Yang 6 times in a row.. I didn't even bother fuse them I just sold all them shits to save time lol

like out of a 30 minute 3X tome for items I got Eidojas for Rydia twice lol

Just get her artifacts during Fran event, which is in less than 24 hours.

Don't waste your time in woi for artifacts

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I've lucked out on getting a bunch of stuff for Paladin Cecil, and I'm really looking forward to his EX+ in a bunch of months! I hope I can be lucky with ticketing it, though that's a LONG time coming!

Here's a fun Thread Question:

What character have you gained before they became amazing through a rework, and how did it feel having a character you enjoy personally, possible getting for only personal reasons, becoming a great character?

And what characters are in a similar position in your heart that you are excited to use again or more seriously with a coming rework?

I don't think I have any characters that fit the first question, given that a majority of characters I enjoy became useful with an EX, which takes more effort to gain, and as a result I haven't succeeded nearly enough for all the characters in my heart to become playable in my roster.

I guess the big one is Y'shtola, since I really liked her abilities when I first had her, and I was dreaming of her badass rework for quite a while, and now I sincerely love how she turned out for my team!

Thankfully, I have way too many character with their EX's that are incredibly future proof, with my luck in getting cloud and Y'shtola giving me some really powerful characters to start the EX era with, not to mention I'll be saving up to get both Ultemecia and Emperor when their times come, and many character I have will trickle into powerful use, like Sephiroth and Golbez EX+'s coming nearly at the same time.

Those two have the same exact issue that is fixed dramatically in their EX+, and they will be absolutely rediculous when they reach full power, and I cannot wait to see that happen!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright, we're close to a totally solid banner! All three characters are going to be useful right now, especially Fran, and I hope they prove useful to anyone especially smitten with FFXII!

I know I'm throwing a few tickets, I actually would love to get Ashe's EX, since I have a few of her Weapons already, but hopefully I'll get lucky. Who knows! The odds are in my favour for gaining Fran weapons anyway, might as well give it a shot!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
For me the early days of tanking with Celes was very exciting. I mlb'd her and she helped me out in so much early EX content. I beat Quistis's EX stage with her and even Maria's. Unfortunately, her usefulness is super niche right now until she gets her amazing rework. I can't wait to have her on my team again for some fights. Selphie and Beatrix also cleared so much content for me but they are really less than ideal currently. Power creep happens fast in this game but i'm glad that the majority of the units I like are really great in the level 70 and EX+ era.

Oh yeah... ASHE EX.... I need to get grinding some more gems and tickets. I'm excited for Fran as well! Her kit really looks interesting!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm done farming Serah, I wasted so much and could only get one perfect, at least I got 3 ATK108/Consul Boost** x3 for Vayne

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Ashe's EX in about 10 tickets lol my luck has been crazy good over the last month.

Got another Squall EX, Rydia's EX & Ashe's in about 70 tickets all together.

Though I did strike out on Serah's banners with about 50-60 tickets thrown there

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Ashe's EX on ticket 30. I don't mind at all since she's always been one of my favorite FF protagonists.

I also got the legendary off banner Chocoblade. :P

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I threw about 50ish tickets with the goal of getting 4 15CP's for Fran, and luckily I succeeded! Would have liked having Ashe's EX, but there's always the LC!

By the way, I kinda feel bad that I never put as much time and energy into doing the Summon grind for treasures like I always advocate for, so I sincerely hope we can get the Summon point pool sooner then later!

Essentially, it changes the way you bank the points so that everyone draws from the same pool of points for each Summon, making it much easier to max out characters you want to use!

Plus, even if we get it around the same time JP got it, that would put it Square into the EX+ Era, where you would be able to grind those bosses in less then a minute with how powerful characters get at that point!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Anyone excited for Raids to happen? They started showing up around this time I believe, I could be wrong, and there were a really fun challenge since you had to really work with your online allies to take down the boss.

You essentially have one big online boss with A huge total health pool, and every piece of damage contributed to taking it down was totalled between all players fighting it, whereas each single instance of a fight would contribute to the taking down of the boss in totality.

Plus, even if you didn't do it perfectly, you still contributed to the whole of the effort by everyone, so it was fun to take it on with many different kinds of characters and players!

I'm really looking forward to it happening sometime soon!

Also, anyone having fun with any of the new reworks, or Fran? I donated enough tickets to the cause, and accomplished what I set out to do, and Fran is a ton of fun!

I'm now waiting on Alisaie, because I was in love with her Kit since day one of playing the game, but I missed out on getting her during her event because I started too late. I WILL get her EX, mark my words! Even if I have to avoide getting prompto or Porom, who for real should be a consideration, because Porom will save your bacon a ton in harder content.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited because it brings the much needed WoL rework haha.
Nah seriously, there is the same stuff on Brave Exvius (no coop though), and it's nice for diversity.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Got Asche's EX on the second pull yayyy. Did a third pull and got Yuffie's 15 only and decided to use the last of my powerstones to get Fran's 35. I'm happy to be able to use Balthier again. As my favorite character, I'm happy whenever I get a chance to use him. Not really excited for upcoming banners so I suppose I'll hoard and bored-pull until something I do like comes!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm excited because it brings the much needed WoL rework haha.
Nah seriously, there is the same stuff on Brave Exvius (no coop though), and it's nice for diversity.

I know there's already a thread for Exvius, but I've been burned trying to check it out before, and I'm wondering, how easy is it to get started and get units in that game? Aside from all the endgame fudgery going on, there seems to be a ton of content, and I might be interested in giving it a shot one of these days.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Grats to those who grabbed Ashe's EX! It's great to see the XII team stepping up to the line. I decided to go for her EX since I like her, and whoa did it cost me. I've been working hard to clear summonboards and finish the story mode and I ended up spending everything I'd worked for but I did get it, so there's that at least! lol.

I already have WoL and Noctis maxed so hopefully I can save and build my little stash back up in the coming month.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I know there's already a thread for Exvius, but I've been burned trying to check it out before, and I'm wondering, how easy is it to get started and get units in that game? Aside from all the endgame fudgery going on, there seems to be a ton of content, and I might be interested in giving it a shot one of these days.
We get tons of free pulls but that rates are not as good as Dissidia (3%, 66% off-banner)
But yes the end of S1 and S2 story is good and there's a lot to do, events can be really grindy though. We should get new/updated FFV characters next including Krile / Galuf / Bartz / Lenna / Exdeath

Bartz's limit :

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
We get tons of free pulls but that rates are not as good as Dissidia (3%, 66% off-banner)
But yes the end of S1 and S2 story is good and there's a lot to do, events can be really grindy though. We should get new/updated FFV characters next including Krile / Galuf / Bartz / Lenna / Exdeath

Bartz's limit :

Well I love me some FFV, so maybe I'll give it a shot sometime. I only ever hear people complaining about FFBE, and that 66% off banner rate sounds like a pretty good reason, if you don't mind the Lmao. Glad that there is some good story ahead!

I just hope I get lucky and the game forgot about when I tried to refill before and I couldn't get jack squat, then it would implicitly remember my info because Apple sucks and discontinued Gamecenter so you can't do anything with it, but forces you to use it when connecting with certain apps, making Rerolling impossible.

I really hope that Doesn't happen.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Alotted 30 tickets to spend on Ashe's banner as I wouldn't mind gearing up all 3 of the characters, but I didn't get the Ex or any of Fran's weapons. Net was only Ashe's 35cp and Balthier's 15. :( Been having really poor luck lately, pitying Vayne, and taking 120 tickets for Rydia. I need to save my stash for WoL, Noctis and Yuna all coming up, so that's it for me on this banner.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Fran looks so gooooooood in that alt outfit. I love it but I can't recall her wearing that anywhere in FF. Is it new? It is times like this I wish outfits were available for cheap. I'd love to support the game but not as part of steep gem bundles.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Fran looks so gooooooood in that alt outfit. I love it but I can't recall her wearing that anywhere in FF. Is it new?

It's the regular guise of her people, they decided it would be an interesting alt, representing how she may have looked before she was banished from the wood.

I like it too!

As an aside, having been looking at that interview thread for Vagrant Story, while I understand it would likely never happen in FFRK, and impossible for DFFOO, I would love to see Sydney Losstarot show up someday! He has one of my favorite designs in any square game, and I would love to see how he would be represented!

I mean look at this guy!

latest

He has metal arms!

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Fran looks so gooooooood in that alt outfit. I love it but I can't recall her wearing that anywhere in FF. Is it new? It is times like this I wish outfits were available for cheap. I'd love to support the game but not as part of steep gem bundles.
It's based off this concept art for the viera from her village. I don't think she ever actually makes an appearance in it, which seems like an odd choice but it would be great if they came out with more original costume ideas.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Viera's feet freak me out.

And you're not alone Razorrin, I'd love to have both Ashely and Sydney in both games!

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Speaking of Fran's alt, I was running coop for a bit and one player had that outfit and ended up with the killing shot so you saw her victory pose. The third player went nuts with the "wow" stickers.

Also, Vagrant Story man.. I don't know why but when I first played that game back as a kid with the whole special operative motif in the beginning, it felt like a medieval metal gear solid RPG or something. If there's ever a game I want an HD re-release for, it's that game... and Super Double Dragon.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've been thinking of buying Fran's alt, because I mlb'd her chasing Ashe's EX and spent all my gems, but I've yet to see it in a co-op so I'm hoping I come across it.

Always wonder what the most popular alts have been. Green-hair Terra, AC Cloud, and shirt-wearing Vaan seem to have done well based on co-ops.