• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Looking forward to the stream today! Super excited for WoL's rework and the best black-haired boy to make his return with his LC. And in the realm of wishful thinking, I'll keep my fingers crossed for weapon skins and global first Red XIII.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shantotto also gets a cool rework so it'll be nice to use her again soon.

In terms of EX+, I can't wait for Cloud's since he's one of the first to get it.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yeah, definitely looking forward to the EX+ era too, and Cloud in particular just because I love him. Things are already quite fun and varied in the era we're in now, so EX+ should take it to a whole other level.

Anyway, less than 30 minutes whoo

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, there it is, WOL's time to shine and then some. Gonna have to get caught up on the rest of the stream later today..

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Recap : https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/cvtl7w/twitch_stream_8262019/

Artifact-Related QoL Improvement

• Aug 28
  • Auto-Enhance
  • Tap "Auto" to automatically select artifacts for limit breaks and EXP!
  • Late Sep
  • World of Illusions: Radiant Artifact Tokens
  • Revamp of World of Illusions: Radiant Artifacts
  • Artifact Tokens will replace existing Eido/ra/ga/ja drops
  • Exchange for desired character's Eidoja/ga
Lv 70 Crystal Awakening - Batch 1

• From Aug 29th
  • Sazh, Laguna, Yda, WoL, Shantotto, and Cater
  • New Crystal Quest for Level 70
Lv 70 Crystal Awakening Details

• Increase Crystal Strength past 60 with High Crystals!
  • Crystal Str 61 - Increase level cap by 10 (Lvl60->70)
  • Crystal Str 65 - Acquire new Additional Ability
  • Crystal Str 70 - Unlock Passive that improves Additional Ability
Upgrade Add'l. Ability with a Bloom Stone

• Further improve the Additional Ability with a Max Limit Broken Bloom Stone!
  • Obtain Bloom Tokens and Bloom Fragments from in-game events.
  • Exchange 1 Bloom Token for desired character's Bloom Stone.
  • Fully enhance the Bloom Stone (20 Bloom Fragments per LB) to unlock another Passive that improves the ADditional Ability!
Giant Across Dimension - Atlas Raid

• Aug 29th - Sep 12th
  • Fight as a community to deal damage to Atlas in co-op quests!
  • Includes COSMOS co-op!
  • Clear community missions for High Crystals, High Shards, Gems, and more!
  • Clear personal missions for Bloom Tokens, Bloom Fragments, and more!
Gem shop + Item Shop Sale!

• Aug 29th - Sep 5th
  • Triple-Effect Support Item Sale!
  • Artifact of all KNowledge (5-pack) (25% off!)
  • Tome of Treasure (5-pack)(20% Off!)
  • Tome of Fortune (5-Pack)(20% Off!)
  • Tome of Training (5-Pack)(20% Off!)
  • Aug 29th - Sept 12th Limited-Time Gem+Costume Bundle for WoL
  • Limited-Time Gem Sales!
  • Aug 29th - Sep 5th
  • Sep 5th - Sep 12th
  • Sep 9th - Sept 23rd
  • Sept 16th - Sep 23rd
Alisaie Lost Chapter + Porom Event

• Another Realm from Sep 2nd
  • Alisaie featured in Porom's quests!
  • Eidojas as Link Bell rewards!
  • Boosted stats!
  • Porom - A reliable white mage
  • Sep 5th - Sep 19th
  • Alisaie and Porom can be awakened to Crystal Strength 70!
Act 2, Chapter 4: For Someone's Sake

• From Sep 9th
  • Paine is new character
101 Characters Campaigns

• Sep 9th
  • Co-op first Meet Reset!
  • Get 4,000 Gems! (200 per new meet up to 20 times)
  • Sept 9th - Sep 23rd
  • Double Cycle Quest Rewards!
  • Near Future Twitter Campaign
  • Watch our Twitter (@DissidiaFFOO) on how to earn Gems, High Crystals, High Shards, and Potions!
Noctis LC + ??? Event + Selphie LC

• Royal Hope
  • From Sep 13th
  • Noctis feature in ???'s quests!
  • Eidojas as Link Bell rewards!
  • Boosted stats!
  • Sep 13 - Oct 4
  • Limited-Time Gem+Costume Bundle for Noctis
  • Mysterious character (Cinque) from Sep 16th - Sep 30th
  • Selphie's LC With Trabia in Mind from Sep 23rd
Lv 70 Crystal Awakening - Batch 2

• From Sep 19th
  • Seven, Faris, Terra, Yuna, Zack, and Ramza
EX Token Shop discussed on next stream

Calendar:

• Lvl 70 Awakening Batch 1 - Aug 29th
  • Atlas Raid - Aug 29th - Sept 12th
  • Alisaie LC - Sept 2nd
  • Porom Event - Sep 5th - Sep 19th
  • Act 2, Ch 4 - Sep 9th
  • 101 Characters Campaign - Sep 9th
  • Noctis LC - Sep 13th
  • Cinque Event - Sept 16th
  • Lvl 70 Awakening Batch 2 - Sep 19th
  • Selphie's LC - Sep 23rd
Rewards for stream are 20 draw tickets, 10 armor tokens, and 3,000 gems

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Are characters in banners coming back at some point?

I want to get into the game to get some characters but they already appeared

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah they rotate between them, either when they get rework, awakening, lost chapter or synergy for events.
Since we're about to get the level 70 awakening, they'll have to rotate between everyone of them.
Another thing, if you happen to summon a weapon for a character you don't own, you'll automatically unlock them.

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI

Banner loot features weapons for specific characters, not the characters themselves. Most characters are part of the permanent roster, so depending on who you're after, it's just a matter of unlocking them.

Maxing them to their full potential though will require their weapons. Here's a link to a forecast tracker I use. It's based off Japan so it's subject to change, but it might be helpful to give you an idea of how long you have to wait for your fav to be featured on banner again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CwJflSITyJuWYJ6RI4Wvrx5ZM/edit#gid=1297418471

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah they rotate between them, either when they get rework, awakening, lost chapter or synergy for events.
Since we're about to get the level 70 awakening, they'll have to rotate between everyone of them.
Another thing, if you happen to summon a weapon for a character you don't own, you'll automatically unlock them.
Banner loot features weapons for specific characters, not the characters themselves. Most characters are part of the permanent roster, so depending on who you're after, it's just a matter of unlocking them.

Maxing them to their full potential though will require their weapons. Here's a link to a forecast tracker I use. It's based off Japan so it's subject to change, but it might be helpful to give you an idea of how long you have to wait for your fav to be featured on banner again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CwJflSITyJuWYJ6RI4Wvrx5ZM/edit#gid=1297418471

Alright thanks I'm trying to get Vayne but he seems to be far out so that'll give me time to save up

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright thanks I'm trying to get Vayne but he seems to be far out so that'll give me time to save up

Just missed him, sorry for the bad timing! The game is super generous with gems though, and a ton of really good characters are on the horizon, so if you take your time going through the story content, building up your supply, you'll be able to pity Vayne way, way before he comes back, I guarantee!

If you want somebody with a similar use, Noctis from FFXV is showing up soon, and he'll be a really solid character for quite a while! If he sounds like your cup of tea, then try to get his EX if you can.

Selphie from FFVIII is about a month away, and she has a unique ability that can be devastating when paired with good EX weapon characters! I highly recommend getting her EX if you can! Her support will help a ton in a few months.

And most of all, in a couple of months, at the end of this current era, going into a super brutal beginning of the Chaos Era, Sherlotta from FFCC:EoT shows up as one of the best characters in the game, literally still being used in Japan to this day. You'd kick yourself for missing her, so try to have a few tickets for when she shows up! She'll be a great help to you for a very long time!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
In a day and two and a half hours, we're getting Warrior of Light's rework, and boy does it make him amazing!

Thankfully for newer players his rework only requires him to have his crystal level maxed out, but for those who have all his weapons maxed, or have the resources to do so, this guy is going to be on top for a very long time!

I love Zack, he's a very powerful DPS tank, and I'll still use him, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to using our Lufenian Knight, blocking any and all damage that comes his way! Shame their mechanics drive them apart, but they'll work in different parties anyway!

For extra survivability, mix him up with characters that keep enemy max brave or initial brave low, so he can help the party recover their HP with his EX, from enemy Hp attacks that get their brave from a self-battery of some kind beforehand. He's a solid battery too, so he'll go great with overflow characters.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
My goodness..... there is going to be an overload of stuff to do! Can't believe level 70 is merely just a few days away. Can we expect Yda EX? I might skip her since I'm more of a Lyse fan myself
even though they are the same person haha
BUT oh my goodness..... I am still in the middle of grinding everything in the summon board, doing Abyss, etc... still need to finish some LC and still need to do hard story chapter. I hope it will be manageable lol... i'm very excited for the Atlas raid! I'm absolutely shocked we got the Artifact tokens super early! Shows this dev team cares so much :)

I'm gonna stock up on 3X books for items. Man, I have zero left currently so that is great news. New story chapter means Yuna EX is around the corner.... oh man. I need to not get careless with my gems.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
some of the updates are already in.

Lv. 70 cycle quest and auto artifact enhance is in. it a godsend after going through last artifact farming.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
some of the updates are already in.

Lv. 70 cycle quest and auto artifact enhance is in. it a godsend after going through last artifact farming.

Yeah, they implemented some nice changes already!

Like extending Mog Gym for an indefinite amount of time, makes sense since it's a newbie booster, that really shouldn't be temporary, good change of plan.

They put in the Hp attack fix where a missed Hp attack still depleted all your brave, and misses in an AoE Hp attack will contribute exactly what they would have for all parties no matter what, so if a 3000 Attack misses one of your party members, it'll only do 1000 to each other character, instead of picking up the slack and doing 1500.

Really glad we got that change before Prompto, that'll make him more viable, but watch the heck out! That makes Marlboro's more dangerous, since blind will mess with your brave if your Hp attacks miss!

Also, Limited and unlimited quests are placed differently, which is awesome, but now, ALL PENDING MISSIONS UNDONE WILL BE NOTIFYED TO YOU VIA A RED DOT AND NUMBER ON EACH OF THE TABS ON THE WORLD MAP SCREEN!!!

That's amazing! That'll help out with cleaning up events soooo much!

All the fun stuff comes later, but I'll be doing the 70 cycle quests to try them out, all my 2x books are coming out with a Vengence!!!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, they implemented some nice changes already!

Like extending Mog Gym for an indefinite amount of time, makes sense since it's a newbie booster, that really shouldn't be temporary, good change of plan.

They put in the Hp attack fix where a missed Hp attack still depleted all your brave, and misses in an AoE Hp attack will contribute exactly what they would have for all parties no matter what, so if a 3000 Attack misses one of your party members, it'll only do 1000 to each other character, instead of picking up the slack and doing 1500.

Really glad we got that change before Prompto, that'll make him more viable, but watch the heck out! That makes Marlboro's more dangerous, since blind will mess with your brave if your Hp attacks miss!

Also, Limited and unlimited quests are placed differently, which is awesome, but now, ALL PENDING MISSIONS UNDONE WILL BE NOTIFYED TO YOU VIA A RED DOT AND NUMBER ON EACH OF THE TABS ON THE WORLD MAP SCREEN!!!

That's amazing! That'll help out with cleaning up events soooo much!

All the fun stuff comes later, but I'll be doing the 70 cycle quests to try them out, all my 2x books are coming out with a Vengence!!!

Yeah. I'm wary at the Marlboro. It really gave me hell in getting the clear score at the Abyss. And I still have to clear Stata 9. T^T

Isn't the cycle quest going to be x2 this month?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah. I'm wary at the Marlboro. It really gave me hell in getting the clear score at the Abyss. And I still have to clear Stata 9. T^T

Isn't the cycle quest going to be x2 this month?

Good call, gotta wait a little! I just wanna do a book run with the new stuff to try it out, but yeah, saving for the double is a good idea!

Oh yeah, remember to batch download folks, this update us like 600 megabytes!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
God, I'm so Smad right now!!!

I already have the Keynote character of the upcomming banner all kitted out, Warrior of Light, but I REALLY WANT LAGUNA'S EX I LOVE HIM, but I can't pull because I have too few resoucres and he's sharing a banner!!!

I hate this, I got so many characters I wanted, but now I have to save up for Ultimecia and Paine and I can't throw around my resources because I don't have that many!!!

I won't pull on laguna now, but you will be DANGED sure I will when he get's his EX+!!!

Outside of Vaan being a great damage dealer early for me, Laguna was my favorite character, both because he supported the party so well with his all hitting second ability and solid buffs and rebuffs, and replaced Cecil who was a liability, but also because he's one of my favorite characters personality wise in the whole series.

I hope if any of you get Laguna, treat him well, he's an excellent all-around character, and with three more debuffs he can't supply, he'll do massive damage after his EX, since his EX buff, Manly Charm, gives him 10% extra brave Damage for each debuff on an enemy, making him very powerful, especially with Fran, since she can cover the extra three debuffs AND make the enemy weak to ranged damage!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
God, I'm so Smad right now!!!

I already have the Keynote character of the upcomming banner all kitted out, Warrior of Light, but I REALLY WANT LAGUNA'S EX I LOVE HIM, but I can't pull because I have too few resoucres and he's sharing a banner!!!

I hate this, I got so many characters I wanted, but now I have to save up for Ultimecia and Paine and I can't throw around my resources because I don't have that many!!!

I won't pull on laguna now, but you will be DANGED sure I will when he get's his EX+!!!

Outside of Vaan being a great damage dealer early for me, Laguna was my favorite character, both because he supported the party so well with his all hitting second ability and solid buffs and rebuffs, and replaced Cecil who was a liability, but also because he's one of my favorite characters personality wise in the whole series.

I hope if any of you get Laguna, treat him well, he's an excellent all-around character, and with three more debuffs he can't supply, he'll do massive damage after his EX, since his EX buff, Manly Charm, gives him 10% extra brave Damage for each debuff on an enemy, making him very powerful, especially with Fran, since she can cover the extra three debuffs AND make the enemy weak to ranged damage!
that sucks. I also enjoy Laguna a lot. excited for his lvl70.

Firion is actually my favorite character. is he even going to have a rework, alt costume or even ex+? I missed his ex banner so I'm just waiting.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
that sucks. I also enjoy Laguna a lot. excited for his lvl70.

Firion is actually my favorite character. is he even going to have a rework, alt costume or even ex+? I missed his ex banner so I'm just waiting.

Rough Forcast for Global version (character spoilers of course):

Looks like ~February for his EX+. Not sure when his rework/EX rerun/etc drops. Were also getting the EX (main character) shop soon too.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Raid and reworks in an hour and a half, folks! Hold onto your butts!!!

As a ploy to generate conversation before a big update, I'd like to bring up that there has been a ton of different representations of Biggs and Wedge across Final Fantasy over the years...

...But which ones would you like to see show up in DFFOO?

Personally, while I love FFVIII B&W for their personality, and FFVII were pretty interesting, I would personally go for FFVI Biggs and Wedge, double teaming in a Magitek Mech.

If we never get a Magitek Terra (i'm mixed on this, but I lean towards no, I'm not sure...), this would be a great way to get that kind of move set, launching missles and lasers and stuff, while having two less powerful characters get their time in the sun!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
If anyone is headed to PAX West this weekend, DFFOO will have a booth there with a chance at some OO pins.

Queen Tifa is super cute, of course. :)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Boosted WoL in the raid is f*cking scary, reaching 60k bravery with throw buckler.

I know right? And the fact that he generates like 8000-10,000 Brv with Throw Buckler, and Shining Shield doubles everyone's Brv, it's a pretty good combo in the right hands!

I can't wait to see the bullshit people pull off with him!

Also my boy Laguna is awesome now! I still love him, even if I can't get his Chicago Typewriter EX...

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cosmos coop is really long, I can do it faster on my own so I'll do that I guess.
Otherwise it gives a lot of Eidojas, and I noticed when fusing you can skip a bit more when it show it at max limit break by clicking the screen, a few more second faster is still a lot of time when grinding, plus auto pick is amazing as well.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ayyy two 10-pulls got me Shan and WoL EX. I just need stones so I can MLB WoL's weapons and get him usable.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, Warrior of Light's rework is amazing. Well worth the wait.

Also, Shantotto is pretty fun too with her rework.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't even have wol at 70 and he was destroying everything.

I was literally just pressing buttons quickly for cosmos because it was that easy. I forgot to even use his 3rd ability because the fight went by so fast

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Yeah, looks like Warrior of light is going to be required going forward even for Chaos. I dont think the guy falls off quick in the meta.