• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
For people on Android, about how large is the game? I might need to dowload it to my phone since Blustacks keeps crashing since the update last night.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
People weren't kidding, WoL is a monster now. If you pair him with a battery unit (e.g Serah) he even outshines Zack.

Between characters like Paine, Noctis and Noel coming in soon, which would be the ideal one to aim for? I've heard nothing but praise for all three of them.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
People weren't kidding, WoL is a monster now. If you pair him with a battery unit (e.g Serah) he even outshines Zack.

Between characters like Paine, Noctis and Noel coming in soon, which would be the ideal one to aim for? I've heard nothing but praise for all three of them.

Noctis fulfills a similar niche as Vayne, turn Delay with free turns and lots of damage. I know nothing more though, so hopefully you'll get more advice.

Paine is a debuff QUEEN, with a meaty unique stacked debuff that targets several stats, and high damage dealing potential.

Noel get's a lot of mileage out of breaking and attacking Borken foes, with his first skill resetting break status and having both Ice and Wind elements, and his second ability having 180% overflow, both when the enemy is broken.

You're best bet for hunting down powerful characters would be to look at your roster and consider what you already have, but Paine and later Sherlotta are both super good picks that continue being useful up into Chaos, for different reasons. Sherlotta is even still used in JP, without an EX+, TO THIS DAY, because she's so powerful, but she comes at the end of the Cosmos era, so watch out!

Porom is also awesome, due to the massive survivablity she provides the party. She is a fantastic white mage, and she can reduce Hp damage taken by the party, which is good, because at a certain point Hp Damage is unavoidable and needs to be taken into account for the long, long battles you will fight in the future, and she'll be super useful at the time it becomes relevant.

I also suggest looking at your team and considering who could benefit greatly from a much faster EX charge, because Selphie gets her EX eventually, and it can make other EX's charge faster, which can be massively powerful in the right circumstances.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands

Solid advice, thanks! Judging off of what you wrote, I think I know what to aim for now. I don't need another Vayne so that makes Noctis a relatively safe skip since that position is sort of taken already.

Do you happen to have an idea when Quistis' EX will reappear on a banner? She's been such a useful ally as friend support, but since I started playing again a few months ago she's unfortunately been a no show.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017

YESSSSSSSS

Seifer will finally be good. I hope his EX hits Global sooner.

Also I'm going to PAX West so I'll check out the OO booth.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Built up WoL some more. He's not even at full strength yet and this dude is BONKERS. I just don't take damage anymore now I guess.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
After my very long struggle of summon board grinding I got the most insane luck this morning and I'm super shocked myself. I managed to pull Ashe's EX out of the 117 tickets I gathered AND it Only took 5 tickets for her and I screamed.... but then I got so motivated and decided to do tickets for Rydia. Nothing for Rydia until I had 1 ticket left... proceeded to home... then the stream rewards came. Guess what was the first stream reward ticket? yeah it was a silver orb that became Rydia EX. I was really not expecting to pull either of the EX weapons with tickets but I can say I am very happy.

Ashe's EX is fantastic and I think Rydia is pretty great too! I'm just so happy. I know Allisae EX is coming up so hopefully I can be lucky with tickets for that too. Selphie EX i'm not sure.... since Yuna EX is probably super soon. I remember she got her ex around the Paine story chapter if I'm not mistaken. Also, I'm super excited for Terra's rework and well everything. And I see lots of Warrior of Light goodness in here. I'm not a fan of him but I should probably pull his ex for Chaos in the future. Maybe I'll choose him for the free ex we get with the shop in the future!

vB0OVzA.png

cOMfNAI.png

And also never give up hope on your favourites guys! In times of hopelessness like I had with Serah... can bring moments like this!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
hey guys. can you see you bloom in the enhanced. i keep receiving these blooms as mission rewards but I can't seem find how much I have. and checking on the enhance only shows 0.

can't seem to add the pic. here's the link.
Have you bought a bloom stone from the token shop yet? The stuff you've been getting from mission rewards are used to enhance stones once you buy them, or tokens you can use to buy the stone. You have to buy the bloom stone first, then they'll show on the Enhance tab under Blooms. From there, you can limit break and level them with the stuff you've earned from rewards.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
which upcoming reworks and Ex are worth the investment aside from WoL?

Big FFT fan and Yuna Ex has Valefor, tough decisions :(

After my very long struggle of summon board grinding I got the most insane luck this morning and I'm super shocked myself. I managed to pull Ashe's EX out of the 117 tickets I gathered AND it Only took 5 tickets for her and I screamed.... but then I got so motivated and decided to do tickets for Rydia. Nothing for Rydia until I had 1 ticket left... proceeded to home... then the stream rewards came. Guess what was the first stream reward ticket? yeah it was a silver orb that became Rydia EX. I was really not expecting to pull either of the EX weapons with tickets but I can say I am very happy.

Ashe's EX is fantastic and I think Rydia is pretty great too! I'm just so happy. I know Allisae EX is coming up so hopefully I can be lucky with tickets for that too. Selphie EX i'm not sure.... since Yuna EX is probably super soon. I remember she got her ex around the Paine story chapter if I'm not mistaken. Also, I'm super excited for Terra's rework and well everything. And I see lots of Warrior of Light goodness in here. I'm not a fan of him but I should probably pull his ex for Chaos in the future. Maybe I'll choose him for the free ex we get with the shop in the future!

vB0OVzA.png

cOMfNAI.png

And also never give up hope on your favourites guys! In times of hopelessness like I had with Serah... can bring moments like this!
It's aweosme when that streak of luck comes around.

I managed to get WoL Ex and Lightning Ex with tickets, wanted Ashe but I still have time to pull with tickets for that one.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Do weekly banners end up having EX weapons?

I'm thinking about Abstaining from pulls until the end of the Cosmos era, since I have a ton of characters who's EX's I REALLY REALLY WANT since Chaos starts, I already have a quite diverse roster that covers many of the coming challenges, and I'm unsure if some of the event and LC characters showing up now will get a second shot down the line before their EX+ shows up...

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Just remember everyone, that you wanna try doing 5 raids a day, there are special Daily challenges for the raid specifically that give rewards for doing so!

They also contribute to your regular daily's, and I don't think you have to do it with others, so you can knock out an easier one if you wanna get them over with quicker.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Do weekly banners end up having EX weapons?

I'm thinking about Abstaining from pulls until the end of the Cosmos era, since I have a ton of characters who's EX's I REALLY REALLY WANT since Chaos starts, I already have a quite diverse roster that covers many of the coming challenges, and I'm unsure if some of the event and LC characters showing up now will get a second shot down the line before their EX+ shows up...

If you have a diverse roster then simply don't pull.

I skipped Rosa, Rinoa, and golbez and I'm doing just fine. I also skipped a couple banners recently like Fran as well.

Just have some self control and don't splurge, even if it's a favorite character.

I also skipped noctis and selphie initially, but plan to pull on them next month

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
If you have a diverse roster then simply don't pull.

I skipped Rosa, Rinoa, and golbez and I'm doing just fine. I also skipped a couple banners recently like Fran as well.

Just have some self control and don't splurge, even if it's a favorite character.

I also skipped noctis and selphie initially, but plan to pull on them next month

Self control... fadeing fast...

But you're right. I managed to conquer the whole of Abyss with my teams, and I have quite a few future proof units up my sleeves right now, and a battle plan for later, so I should be good to go.

I'm still rocking Sherlotta, but something tells me that as much as I want Alisaie now, when she gets her EX+ she'll be unstoppable! At least I'll have her 15CP, and I'll max out her rework! That'll be enough for me!

That's a fun question!

What Characters are any of you using without an EX or full weapon passives, that Rocks just through the virtue of their amazing reworks?

I can only imagine how many new players are confused with Warrior of Light after maxing him out with Mog Gym right now...

...Y'know, since he's crazy rediculous now.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Self control... fadeing fast...

But you're right. I managed to conquer the whole of Abyss with my teams, and I have quite a few future proof units up my sleeves right now, and a battle plan for later, so I should be good to go.

I'm still rocking Sherlotta, but something tells me that as much as I want Alisaie now, when she gets her EX+ she'll be unstoppable! At least I'll have her 15CP, and I'll max out her rework! That'll be enough for me!

That's a fun question!

What Characters are any of you using without an EX or full weapon passives, that Rocks just through the virtue of their amazing reworks?

I can only imagine how many new players are confused with Warrior of Light after maxing him out with Mog Gym right now...

...Y'know, since he's crazy rediculous now.

The answer to that is always seltzer and lilisette

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
The answer to that is always seltzer and lilisette

tenor.gif

Setzer EX+ is gonna drive me INSANE

Lilisette, I'm iffy on pulling, but there's no doubt she's gonna be AWESOME

and of course, nobody should be sleeping on KRILE, she becomes the absolute, undisputed QUEEN OF BATTERY, due to an EX that batteries the whole team after Every Turn Anyone Takes, For Five Turns Total, and becomes an Amazing character to pair with Elemental attackers because of her special buff that raises the weakness multiplier for elements from 1.5 to DOUBLE!

But not so fast!

giphy.gif

This is the EXACT reason why I wanna wait until AFTER Cosmos to start pulling! All these wonderful characters, at Full power once they enter the Chaos Era, I wanna prepare for that!

Also, I want Emperor so gosh darn bad you guys, he's one of my favorite villains, he soooo good too.

tumblr_ny0yq4SfAE1qb5qxmo1_500.gif

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
What are some Themed Team ups you all are looking forward to using once they become viable?

I'd love for Golbez and Dark Knight Cecil, the Moon Brothers, to fight side by side! Golbez would bring the Dark Resist Down, and Cecil would aid the party with Aura's and launches! Add in Rosa, or another good party buffer, and you have a done deal!

I'd also like to see how good an All SOLDIER party can be once EX+ fixes some of the weaknesses of Sephiroth and Cloud, making them and Zack come together as a reasonable balanced all attacker party!

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Have fun! I am also looking forward to the Unruly Super Senior to start being the very best again!

I hope you have a great time at PAX!
Thanks!

PAX was great and I even got to play VII Remake and early play VIII Remastered. I tried to go to OO booth but it was packed and I was so tired from walking in cosplay that I had to leave.

I did buy OO SeeD Squall keychain at least!
Nice, I missed that one!
His EX looks really cool. It's reminding me of a sword from Tactics though I'm blanking on the name.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks!

PAX was great and I even got to play VII Remake and early play VIII Remastered. I tried to go to OO booth but it was packed and I was so tired from walking in cosplay that I had to leave.

His EX looks really cool. It's reminding me of a sword from Tactics though I'm blanking on the name.

Glad you had a great time! Those pins will be available somehow in the future, I'm sure!

ATTENTION ERA DFFOO COMMUNITY, THERE IS AN EIGHT DAY QUIZ GOING ON AT THE DFFOO OFFICIAL TWITTER.

EACH CORRECT ANSWER WILL PROVIDE THE PLAYERBASE WITH REWARDS, AND ANYONE MAY VOTE UNTIL THE END OF THE QUESTION'S DAY.

THIS IS THE SECOND DAY, AND THE ANSWER IS VIVI.

PLEASE VOTE VIVI, AS CHAPTER 2, QUEST 2-9 IS WHERE THE FIRST MANIKINS SHOW UP, AND VIVI IS THE ONLY QUIZ CHOICE THAT CORRELATES TO THE MANIKINS THERE.

REMEMBER TO POST THE CURRENT DAY'S QUESTION IF IT HASN'T BEEN POSTED YET, AND WAIT UNTIL A CONFIRMED ANSWER BEFORE ANSWERING THE TWITTER.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Today's question!

I'm not sure who it was, I hadn't seen the stream, anybody who has, can you comment?

Edit: oh dang, it was SquareEnixJoshua, community manager for the DFFOO Reddit, and he dressed up as his favorite character, Kefka!

Vote Kefka!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember that stream, he pulled so much just to get Kefka's 35CP, that was awful to see.
I think it was 90k gems, and now you see in livestream he has 200k gems, I think that shocked him lol.

EDIT :
9xg7ixeewk50.jpg

And his last 10+1 :

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Thanks!

You cosplayed as Rinoa? :D

Also, currently gathering a bunch of tickets for Allisae's ex

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember that stream, he pulled so much just to get Kefka's 35CP, that was awful to see.
I think it was 90k gems, and now you see in livestream he has 200k gems, I think that shocked him lol.

EDIT :
9xg7ixeewk50.jpg

And his last 10+1 :

I remember the stream too, and it goes to show that these moments can happen to any of us.

I've had some decent luck lately so it'll probably happen again for me soon lol.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck everyone pulling to Alisae, she's one of the characters I had most fun ever playing in DFFOO. I hope I can get her EX...

This game is really generous, but lately I had far more help from RNGesus with tickets than pulls...

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Haha nah I cosplayed a Galbadian Soldier. I thought it was most appropriate since the demo was for Dollet. :P

That's awesome, I bet you looked great!

Anyway, Alisaie time! I tried 30 tickets, since I want to try a little before I commit to my abstinence, and didn't get anything, so I guess I'll have to wait until she shows up again. Best of luck for anyone pulling for her, she's apparently super fun to play!

;~;

(still got her crystal level to 61, she's fun to play and I WILL get her EX next time!)

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
This LC has a little tighter requirement than previous LCs. Although boss was relatively easy.

I had no friends with magic characters, and was surprised at how good a Quistis friend was despite the melee resistance

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
By the way, fun thing to look forward to once we get enough Red Teir 5 crystals, Alisaie's unique passive, double cast, lasts one turn and makes her next ability use free.

That means that not only can it be extended to two turns by someone like Sazh or Eiko or Yuna, but it also counts for the Bloom ability, and when the Bloom Ability gets it's extension, it raises her overflow.

So Alisaie can, with a little finagling, be under the effect of her Bloom Ability at all times, for free, since using it counts as a free turn. Food for thought!

I don't know if this counts for other characters though, like Ultimecia and Sephiroth, that gain an invisible free ability buff, so if any JP players know, please speak up!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Another day, Another potential reward, this time 100 Potions, oh boy! I'm super hoping we get this one!

Which, out of these four characters, DOESN'T wield their weapon in their left hand?

Kain, (FF4)
Gilgamesh, (FF5)
Reynn, (WOFF)
Or Yuri? (FFCC:RoF)

I won't spoil this one, who do you think isn't the Lefty of the group? As an aside, I'm a lefty, so I have a pretty good idea who! I've played their game enough to notice it immediately!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
She's so fun to play, really happy with her EX.

I wonder if a team with her, Lightning and Vayne is viable? (Single bosses?)

Likely! Your only issue is that without a buffer, the stats on everyone will suffer a bit. I'd drop Lightining, and put on a buffer that can extend buffs, like Sazh or Eiko, or Yuna with her EX!

That way, you can extend Alisaie's Doublecast, which gives free ability uses for it's duration, to cast her Bloom Ability for free to augment her overflow and damage constantly!

You can also extend Vayne's Conquerer's Power, which passively reduces enemy Atk slightly and makes all his attacks give him free turns for it's duration, so he can get another turn for every full stack!

That'll give you plenty of extra power from those two, and they'll be supported quite well at the same time!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the mood of getting a new EX, already tried for Alisaie but no luck, no interest in Porom as I already got Y'shtola and Paine still doesn't have EX+ in JP, looks like I'll have to wait one week for Noctis.
New characters I'd want aren't coming before December, starting with Sherlotta but I'm more excited for Garland, it's going to be a while :/

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm in the mood of getting a new EX, already tried for Alisaie but no luck, no interest in Porom as I already got Y'shtola and Paine still doesn't have EX+ in JP, looks like I'll have to wait one week for Noctis.

I tried my best with the tickets I have, but Alisaie won't happen for me until she comes back as an EX+, and now that I've come to terms with that, I'm ready to save!

I hope you get Noctis! Remember, it's worth grinding the Summon points for characters you don't have treasures for yet if they have 2X experience right now! Give it a try if you're running out of Tickets, Gems or Armor Tokens!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!
Actually I already tried to get Noctis last year, got all his weapons maxed but no EX so I decided to stop the damage to my stash haha.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks!
Actually I already tried to get Noctis last year, got all his weapons maxed but no EX so I decided to stop the damage to my stash haha.

That like the exact reason why I hunted down Layle's EX, and why I'm getting Krile's, Faris' and Setzer's, aside from being awesome when their EX+ shows up!

Here's hoping we get what we worked towards all this time, and here's hoping I can finally put my greatest shame to rest and FINALLY GET RAMZA'S EX WHEN HIS REWORK COMES OUT.

I want it so bad...

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Likely! Your only issue is that without a buffer, the stats on everyone will suffer a bit. I'd drop Lightining, and put on a buffer that can extend buffs, like Sazh or Eiko, or Yuna with her EX!

That way, you can extend Alisaie's Doublecast, which gives free ability uses for it's duration, to cast her Bloom Ability for free to augment her overflow and damage constantly!

You can also extend Vayne's Conquerer's Power, which passively reduces enemy Atk slightly and makes all his attacks give him free turns for it's duration, so he can get another turn for every full stack!

That'll give you plenty of extra power from those two, and they'll be supported quite well at the same time!

Wow! I didn't know these units can extend buffs!!! Yuna is the first to get an EX?

Thank you for the tips!!! =3