• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Feeling pretty bummed. Missed out on the last couple of characters due to life, and I worry that I missed the window for getting good gear.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling pretty bummed. Missed out on the last couple of characters due to life, and I worry that I missed the window for getting good gear.
Noctis, next week, is considered as good if not better than Vayne, and right after that we'll get a free EX weapon to choose from the main FF characters.
Hmm I have to check if Ramza's in it if I get Noctis, will edit quickly.
Edit : no he doesn't, only the mainline FF (1~15)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Noctis, next week, is considered as good if not better than Vayne, and right after that we'll get a free EX weapon to choose from the main FF characters.

Yeah, Noctis will be good, although I don't know much about his kit after rework since I'm not hunting him down.

But the Protagonist Free EX is killing me!!! I don't know who to choose!

I've decided to make a big spoiler post detailing all the characters that will be on that banner, so that you can make an informed decision when the time comes. The info is sorta sparse, but accurate, and as informed as I can make it right now.

Hopefully it helps!

FF1- WoL (VERY good tank! Can provide solid brv battery to party with second ability, and a small amount of brv, then DOUBLING everyone's current brv with the first. Places unique shield on all allies that absorbs incoming Brv Damage, leaves enemies gaining nothing and protects ally and self brv total. Second gives enemies a lock on debuff that makes them target him, and increases his Evasion and int brv, which his shield and Brv Battery is based on. Lots of ability uses, and a solid HP+ and Brv+, marking excellent longevity. EX increases speed, deals more damage based on current barriers, and restores 20% max Hp. Ex currently paired with Shantotto, EX+ Comes on the first event with Garland, so if you want it now or later, both paired with good units, you are afforded that chance.) Got it

FF2- Firion (Solid Damage and battery, plus healing. Can overheal allies and self with nearly every attack due to Blood Sword buff, and when he overheals, he restores a small amount of Brv when Hp Recovery isn't possible. EX has 100% Splash )

FF3- Onion Knight (Atk Aura and switches between overflow single target physical, and splash blizzard magic. Will be super good once EX+ comes out, and will enchant party and imperil enemies with Blizzard then) Got it

FF4- Dark Knight Cecil OR Paladin Cecil ( DK is a solid damage dealer, using dark attacks and draining his health, but can recover it as well, and can launch. EX launches and deals lots of damage. Has aura, don't no much about that. PAL buffs the party with Brv and Hp Regen and Def, can both Battery and Heal party with either ability, and has powerful Brv+ and Hp+. Most attacks are Holy element, and EX Imperil's Holy, leading to consistently good Damage targeting weakness. Both are very solid in the right parties, but cannot be used together.)

FF5- Bartz (consistent Battery and Brv shaver with both EX and second ability. Must use both abilities once to "Master" them, granting party aura. First is Brv damage dump, second does solid party Battery and fractions enemy brv before attack. EX does practically the same thing, as is fast, making him an effective battery and general buffer.)

FF6- Terra (Damage Dealer, Self Buffer and Debuffer, can do both high amount of hits and charge up her own brave, depending on what's necessary. Bad EX, but good abilities. Not a solid investment right now, wait for rework)

FF7- Cloud (Tactical Damage Dealer, can guarantee a launch with one ability, and guarantee paralysis with the other afterwards, charges Brv a bit before heavy Brv attacks, FIRST EX+ IN CHAOS, lots of powerful self buffs, both good and bad in different cases. VERY good investment, but will be first on banner in Chaos with his EX and Vincent's, so take caution.) Got it

FF8- Squall (Damage Dealer and Splash Expert, can effectively clear waves and deal solid damage to both single and double bosses, One of the First EX+'s, But comes on a banner alongside Ultimecia, an very good character, so waiting is fair.)

FF9- Zidane (Debuff and fast Damage Dealer. Similar to Terra, only physical and faster, with unique debuff and buff, Ex is fast and launches)

FF10- Tidus (Debuff and SUPER FAST Damage Dealer and Brv shaver, First Ability gives him a unique buff that then gives him Free turns when building up Brv attacking and gives overflows in second ability. messy to deal with low buff duration and no way to refresh it permanently, but very useful when used right, EX does 100% to all enemies)

FF11- Shantotto (Heavy Magic Damage Dealer, does extra damage under unique mechanic Rage, is extended by getting hit or using Brv to restore up to the third stack, and becomes permanent after being reduced to 50% or less Hp during combat. Both double HP and Overflow abilities available, EX imperils four elements, Fire, Wind, Lighting, and Dark, Just had Rework Banner with WoL, so if you don't have both, consider it first.)

FF12- Vaan (Magic Damage Dealer, all attacks can gain different element follow ups, can Self Atk up a little with his first, and Def Down and blind with the second one. EX does fire damage and half splash. Sorta outdated and won't be useful until Rework and EX+, not great choice right now unless favorite) Got it

FF13- Lighting (Damage Dealer and Free turn character, after using EX, any break she does gives one free turn for her, cannot trigger consecutively. Switches between a high attack mode using a Non-Elemental attack, and a Brv Regen mode using a Lightning Elemental attack. EX does three Brv-Hp attacks, benefits from max brave before use. Useful, but sort of selfish, other damage dealers can do what she does and more, but much later she will rise to the top. Solid investment either way.)

FF14- Y'shtola (Immensely useful Brv Battery and Delay Character, can restore her own Brv with Brv+, and gives brave based on current amount and Max Brv buff everyone with second ability, meaning full Brv Battery if used right, can brv dump with first ability and delay enemy turn, if Brv not high enough can attack and delay without dumping, setting up Ability two. Very useful EX that can do a lot of things, including fully heal and revive, max out brave, restoring ability uses, and more after EX+, including becoming a free turn. Excellent investment) Got it

FF15- Noctis (Delay, Free turn Damage Dealer, similar to Vayne in some respects. Both abilities become plus versions when used, then go back to normal after being used, and so on. Both abilities, every second time used, makes him act right before the targeted enemy, allowing him to act many more times then everyone else if used correctly. Enemies hit with these abilities get the unique debuff Point Blank Warp, which lowers defense and triggers a follow up Hp attack on the second uses of abilities, with the first ability triggering a launch with it's follow up. EX Hp attacks and gives a unique buff called Armiger, which stacks up to five and raises Max Brv, makes Brv+ and Hp+ into Hp++ and Hp++, the latter gaining a follow up on enemies with point blank warp. Can gain turns quickly, and Advance Ability causes his abilities to turn into their + version immediately. Is coming up soon, so may not be needed, but solid investment.)

Most of these characters are super powerful, and will be solid investments for the future should you be able to MLB them. Since you only get their EX for free, be cautious about spending on characters you don't have other weapons for, and plan accordingly. You can use weapon tokens and orbs to get and max their 15cp and 35cp weapons, so it'll always be possible to max them as long as you get their EX.

For my money, WoL and Y'shtola are some of the best picks, and will be useful for a VERY, Very long time.

Noctis will serve you well if you haven't gotten Vayne.

Squall and Cloud are both coming very soon with their EX+, but Cloud is paired with a less desirable unit, so he's a better pick between the two if need be. Again, WoL is also a first EX+, and is super solid even without it, but ESPECIALLY with it.

Vaan and Terra are not very good investments, as their rework builds their main kit to make them more useful, their EX+ doesn't do enough to extend their longevity and empower their move set. Avoid grabbing unless absolutely more favourable then all other options.

Lightning and Onion Knight are Last Resorts if you already have everyone else, since they both have a very very good EX+ down the line, yet are only moderately powerful until then. Onion Knight comes quicker, but that's still a bunch of months holding onto an EX you may not want to use, so plan accordingly.

Everything else comes down to personal preference. Ultimately, you should pick a character who's EX you don't have, and that you'd love to use in the game, and if the reason why is becaus you love them AS a character, that's perfectly valid!

Just take some consideration so you can feel good about your decision when the time comes!

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
I'm definitely throwing the free EX to Cloud. I hear he's a beast in early Chaos/EX+ era (if not only due to virtue of him being one of the first to get it, possibly), and it bugs me I missed out on the poster boy back in June when the pity system was still somewhat new to me.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm definitely throwing the free EX to Cloud. I hear he's a beast in early Chaos/EX+ era (if not only due to virtue of him being one of the first to get it, possibly), and it bugs me I missed out on the poster boy back in June when the pity system was still somewhat new to me.

That's fair, plus, Vincent's Rework and EX+ is sorta underwhelming, so like I said, that's a fair choice!

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
That's fair, plus, Vincent's Rework and EX+ is sorta underwhelming, so like I said, that's a fair choice!

Thanks. I think in your case a safe shot would be Squall (I want his, too... had no luck in his last banner appearance a week or two ago) or Noctis. But since you have Vayne as well I'm not sure if that's worth it.

EDIT: Misread, thought you didnt have Cloud.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks. I think in your case a safe shot would also be Cloud, Squall (I want his, too... had no luck in his last banner appearance a week or two ago) or Noctis. But since you have Vayne as well I'm not sure if that's worth it.

Sooo, team Cloud? :)

TEAM CLOUD!!!

I lucked out on getting cloud when hunting Sephiroth, and so I do not need to pull for his stuff 'cause I have it! Except he's dumb and has a bajillion weapons, and I never got his special Dispel weapon, so I have to grab that with tokens once they add that.

For me, it's actually really tough... Since it's just the first 15 protagonists, and I already have a ton of the useful ones, I feel like I want a ringer, somebody that does something I can't do yet... Maybe one of the Cecils? I have his big bro, so that dark knight combo writes itself, but i'm not sure...

Honestly, I'm kinda fucked! in a good way though! I already have a ton of the characters in here already that are either good now or good later (1, 3, 7, 14), Squall is likely coming when I pity Ultimecia(8), I already have characters that fulfill the roles these ones play (2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 15), I'm not interested in Lightning (13), already have Vaan(12), and not really interested in getting Shantotto right now(11).

That leaves Dark Knight Cecil, who I'm prepared to use with Golbez since his party utility goes absolutely bananas after his rework, and Paladin Cecil, who gets a very nice EX+ in the future and provides a stable blend of Defensive buffs, party healing and battery, and light imperil and damage smack downs.

I may not be super generous with some of my assumptions here, so if there's a character you're gunning for, underline their name and gush about why you want them!

I dare you to convince me not to go with Cecil!!!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, this is the original EX weapon for each character, right? Ice Blade for WoL, etc?

Guess I should go with Noct's, as I somehow have all of his featured weapons EXCEPT his Armiger blade.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So wait, this is the original EX weapon for each character, right? Ice Blade for WoL, etc?

Guess I should go with Noct's, as I somehow have all of his featured weapons EXCEPT his Armiger blade.

Yup! And a good consideration is what characters you have everything for EXCEPT their EX, like you said, meaning there is little overhead in completing their kit!

I was sorta disappointed Tactics didn't show up, because I hunted that Ramza EX like a wolf, and got only his maxed out 15cp and 35cp to show for it!

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
I dare you to convince me not to go with Cecil!!!

I... I really can't fault your logic here.

Heck, honestly, if it werent for that huge hole where Cloud's EX is supposed to be you might've moved me to go for either Cecil as well, since that Ultimecia combo with Squall really makes sense to wait for.

(I have a very similar EX protagonist lineup, actually)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I... I really can't fault your logic here.

Heck, honestly, if it werent for that huge hole where Cloud's EX is supposed to be you might've moved me to go for either Cecil as well, since that Ultimecia combo with Squall really makes sense to wait for.

(I have a very similar EX protagonist lineup, actually)

I guess if I'm being fair, Shantotto and Lightning are guaranteed Queens down the line, but I already have damage dealers that out perform them now, or I'm planning on grabbing characters with better results sooner then they get truly good once we're in the EX+ Era.

Both Cecil's grant a utility focus that makes them very maneuverable right now, helps them hold a place in the party for a while to come, and the uncertainty in how badass Dark Knight Cecil's rework is going to be is killing me!

Plus, I straight up love Cecil, he's one of my first and favorite protagonists! And he was one of my mains in the original Dissidia, because of how awesome and fun his kit was!

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
I guess if I'm being fair, Shantotto and Lightning are guaranteed Queens down the line, but both Cecil's grant a utility focus that makes them very maneuverable right now, and the uncertainty in how badass Dark Knight Cecil's rework is going to be is killing me right now!

Plus, I straight up love Cecil, he's one of my first and favorite protagonists! And he was one of my mains in the original Dissidia, because of how awesome and fun his kit was!

Then Cecil for sure.

I think your damage output lineup is even stronger than mine and you cleared the Abyss, I don't think you need any more (pure) damage dealers right? A solid unit like either Cecil sounds like the thing that would improve upon your current roster, no? :)

Plus, you just reminded me I still need to beat FFIV.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Then Cecil for sure.

I think your damage output lineup is even stronger than mine and you cleared the Abyss, I don't think you need any more (pure) damage dealers right? A solid unit like either Cecil sounds like the thing that would improve upon your current roster, no? :)

Plus, you just reminded me I still need to beat FFIV.

Thanks for the kind words! Play the DS version if you don't mind the difficulty, it's a ton of fun, and the voice acting and cutscenes look phenomenal!

But even though it isn't too difficult, as one of my first final fantasies played I personally recommend the GBA version for extra content, and any version that includes that extra content as well, since it's pretty neat!

Back to Dissidia, I had a harrowing thought! If I got Paladin Cecil's EX, I'll be getting both his and Vayne's EX+ at the same time... that would be AMAZING... especially since Paladin Cecil gets instant EX charge and a good aura buff on EX use with his EX+. Pair him with a holy character and watch them go nuts!

However, I kinda love how Dark Knight Cecil plays once his rework comes out... and I'm ESPECIALLY excited to use Golbez along side him, brother to brother... It's a really tough choice between the two! I'm going to think about this...

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I'm torn I wasnt able to pull Vayne's Ex so reading that Noctis is fine replacement and that I can get his Ex free is nice, on the other hand I have Y'shtola 15cp passive and already have her 35cp almost maxed out just needing her Ex to unlock her full potential.

Decisions 😩

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I''ll probably get Y'shtola's EX with the free EX, and then when we get the permanent shop later down the line I'll go for Yuna's.

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Thanks for the kind words! Play the DS version if you don't mind the difficulty, it's a ton of fun, and the voice acting and cutscenes look phenomenal!

But even though it isn't too difficult, as one of my first final fantasies played I personally recommend the GBA version for extra content, and any version that includes that extra content as well, since it's pretty neat!

I only have the Android version of IV handy. If I recall correctly that's the DS version, right? I'll have a look into the GBA version since I'm also playing (the so called "restored" GBA version of) VI right now. Might be fun for after.

I'm torn I wasnt able to pull Vayne's Ex so reading that Noctis is fine replacement and that I can get his Ex free is nice, on the other hand I have Y'shtola 15cp passive and already have her 35cp almost maxed out just needing her Ex to unlock her full potential.

Decisions 😩

Personally I'd skip Y'shtola for now because I heard until her rework/EX+ comes out she's rather underhelming. I have her MLB'd and I have to agree with that, once I got a decent battery/support unit that wasnt her she got benched rather quickly.

So I'd recommend shooting for Noctis for that turn delay, damage dealing goodness. :)

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
What makes Y'shtola OP is her EX+, it charges faster, doesn't use a turn and start filled up. Also give a party attack/max bravery aura boost.
Until then she's fine but if you want to pick her with the free EX it's for the future Chaos era.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, preparing for the Chaos era is why I'm going for Y'sh's EX now, that and I don't really have any interest in Lyse when her story banner arrives with Y'shtola's EX.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I currently have WoL/OK/Cloud/Squall/Zidane/Vaan and Y'shtola's EX

I want to pull for Noctis but I'm not sure if I should wait or not.. if I do end up pulling I might just get Tidus' from the EX shop

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I actually have Noctis and his EX! Him and Tidus are the only two I seem to have an EX for, actually. I think the last time I played was one or two months ago when there was a Sephiroth EX banner and I used about 600 tickets and got nothing to show for it.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably throw some tickets on the Terra/Ramza banner we might get later during the next level 70 wave and when they receive their reworks. I have Ramza all maxed out from Lenna's LC banner and I've been wanting Terra's EX for a while.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I highly suggest using lenna over porom for her cosmos fight, since lenna has debuff immunity and can evade the max hp down of boss.

A healer is a must for this fight. Other 2 can be whatever

I would like to do the fight again, but with a different team but not sure what would be an interesting set up

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I highly suggest using lenna over porom for her cosmos fight, since lenna has debuff immunity and can evade the max hp down of boss.

A healer is a must for this fight. Other 2 can be whatever

I would like to do the fight again, but with a different team but not sure what would be an interesting set up

Nice to know, thanks for the heads up! I'm glad we have somebody making runs on the thread, and I appreciate your content!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Against my better judgement, I did another 100 tickets on Porom, not even a 35CP and still no new EX.
About 400 tickets left but I guess I still have a lot of to farm on summon boards, really hope Noctis will be kind to me.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So... I decided to try porom cosmos without a healer lol. Managed to get 0 damage and score!

No synergy, no lvl 70, and no healer made for one hell of a run

Can't wait for setzers ex. This guy has been amazing and only has 35cp. Can't imagine what I'll do with him once he gets an ex and extra longevity

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So... I decided to try porom cosmos without a healer lol. Managed to get 0 damage and score!

No synergy, no lvl 70, and no healer made for one hell of a run

Can't wait for setzers ex. This guy has been amazing and only has 35cp. Can't imagine what I'll do with him once he gets an ex and extra longevity

Quit boasting! *Conk*

Seriously impressive, nice work! I'm looking forward to more runs in the future!

Okay guys, hear me out... what if you used both Zack and Warrior of Light... But they just use their lock-on attacks on different enemies.

Think about it. Both are very good damage dealers in their own way, and complement each other with their love of Int Brave and Regen, making a team with anyone who raises it like Selphie or Lenna a powerful third choice.

You get the powerful DPS, no sell and aura of Zack, and the perfect Brv sheld, Party Brv Regen and party Battery of WoL.

Think about it...

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright, I'm gonna just ask, How excited are all you lucky ducks who got Ramza's EX way back when about the prospect of him getting bananas with his EX+?

When he stacks his buffs, they add another plus to his Brv and Hp Attacks, and his HP+++ becomes a free turn...
He's still pretty high in the Japanese meta right now, so I'm looking forward to getting it once the EX shop comes up.

Not to be confused with the protagonist only choose your EX banner we're getting sometime in the near future, the EX shop is way down the line. They get more protagonists in that one.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally done farming the raid

9f4ea8a8-69b3-4610-bbtqj72.png

Would have liked a second INT 170/Class Boost** just in case for Chaos but that won't make or break a run.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for the artifact token's to arrive before I do any more serious artifact farming. I'm happy if I can at least get two great artifacts for a character.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Alright, I'm gonna just ask, How excited are all you lucky ducks who got Ramza's EX way back when about the prospect of him getting bananas with his EX+?

When he stacks his buffs, they add another plus to his Brv and Hp Attacks, and his HP+++ becomes a free turn...
He's still pretty high in the Japanese meta right now, so I'm looking forward to getting it once the EX shop comes up.

Not to be confused with the protagonist only choose your EX banner we're getting sometime in the near future, the EX shop is way down the line. They get more protagonists in that one.

I don't think you're gonna get any replies because what your talking about is still a few months away and from what I noticed, not many people here follow what happens in jp.

On the other hand, his awakening is gonna be strong next week

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
100+ tickets on Laguna's banner 0 EX's
5 tickets on Palom's banner 1 EX

I don't know if she's even worth building up :/

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I don't think you're gonna get any replies because what your talking about is still a few months away and from what I noticed, not many people here follow what happens in jp.

On the other hand, his awakening is gonna be strong next week

Yeah, that's mainly why I brought it up, but it wasn't super clear, my apologies.

The rework for Ramza next week is gonna throw him up a bunch for a ton of people, and while I can't afford to chase his EX, since I need to save tickets for Sherlotta and gems for Ultimecia, I'm glad a ton of people with it already are going to get a lot more use out of him!

I certainly will, I just don't have his EX, which isn't that big of a deal for casual fun!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hope you are all ready for Pain! I know I am!

...since that's what I'll be in since I can't afford to pull for Paine! A shame, I love her as a character, and she stays relevant going into Chaos due to her really solid, all around debuff/party buff combo, as well as solid Damage!

If you chose to pick her, especially over Alisaie, you won't be disappointed!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Alisaie is awesome. Pulled her EX off a lucky yolo multidraw. Had to buy her 35 with tokens but now that I've got her all leveled and her turn order down, she's so darn fun. I've never been a big Lightning user either so now I get to be the one stealing turns in co-op mwahahah.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Paine, but I'll skip the banner since I'm set for debuffers with Serah and Fran. I'm saving my tickets for the Ramza/Terra banner soon and then gems for Chaos/EX+ banners in the future.
Does she come with her EX? I'm excited for the new story chapter so much since it stars Yuna :3
Yeah she comes with her EX.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Another cosmos fight in the bag. To note my Paine only had 2 artifacts, and one of them was crap.

I was a bit conservative on skill uses on start, but it all worked out well in the end.

I brought Lenna mainly for debuff immunity and Warrior of Light so I don't have to deal with breaks and brought Paine because she is new and wanted to try her out.

She works very well with serah, but in the end I didn't use serah because boss counters magic attacks and does immidiate turns with hp dmg if broken. This includes Vayne and Zack.

While my dps output was "low" I was still able to clear it well within the turn limit

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Man, I haven't gotten much farther then the start of the new chapter, but that first scene is SO good, Paine dressing down Materia and her bullshit is so satisfying. It's really making me wonder if this "rest" the whole game comprises of is entirely intentional...

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cosmos stage was pretty easy. I brought in WoL, Lenna, and Firion with a Quistis friend and had no trouble. I was using HP attack's mostly with Firion because of the insane bravery regen each time his turn came up.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cosmos was alright, but coop is pretty fun seeing being getting completely owned first ennemies turn with their BRV + HP attacks

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, I've waited long enough.

I haven't been able to get Paine in the Story content yet, and I gotta know. For any of you who have both Paine and Lenna, does it work?

Can you reduce an enemy's iBrv to Absolute Zero, and break it over and over again?

The fix in JP was making bosses gain invisible stat buffs as they get more damaged, but obviously that came later, and that's gotta not be in here yet, so it should be doable now.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How do you guys feel about Paine vs Selphie?

Paine is a massively strong all around support, giving solid debuffs and buffs to nearly all catagories and all possible targets. She also has great damage dealing potential and can consistently reach over 50K with her abilities, and over 100K in a Summon. She doesn't get her EX+ for a long time, still doesn't have it in JP, but judging by her loaded kit, she clearly doesn't need it.

Selphie is coming in without a rework, and desperate to deal damage and effectively support the party right now, giving healing, damage reduction and iBrv in her base kit, but has, Bar none, the greatest support EX in the game, now and after her EX+. The ability to make OTHER EX's charge faster. Not only does this help tremendously during the start of Chaos due to allowing the now sexy EX+'s of the other characters to be used faster, thus saving abilities, when she finally gets her EX+ it automatically starts her and the party off with it, shaving precious ability uses until the reuse period, and giving everyone a much needed overflow boost on Brv taken AND gained.

Who do you think is the more worthwhile investment? The badass all rounder that evens the playing field and does massive damage? Or the plain Jane that empowers her team to do their very best as much as they possibly can?

Oh, and if you're wondering why I'm framing this between these two without Sherlotta, it's because by the time we get to Sherlotta, there are plenty of characters to skip if you aren't into them as characters, plus Ramuh, allowing for a ton of resource generation before we get to Sherlotta, and these two have the most potential in the chaos era for staying useful.

Paine and Selphie, for many of us, is very much a choice, and we need to think about which one we'll have to choose right now, before it's too late.

Last edited: