• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I think I have around 30 EXs? I should count them. I can't save gems or tickets for very long, I tried activating Kouriozon horde mode but it shorts out every time. It pays off though; I do have a well rounded roster. Plus if you're a completionist, the game gives so much in gems/tickets funds are never low for long.

Not sure who I'm looking forward to in the future. I'm indifferent to Ulti. Ignis for sure, maybe Basch. Barret and Cait Sith definitely but they're a ways off yet.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Even with Quistis as my friend support, I barely get 20 uses per day.
Switched to Sherlotta with good artifact to see how much that'll change, even though she's overkill for Cosmos, it'll be different next week anyway.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Both Leon and Sherlotta destroyed my resources had to pity on Leon and Sherlotta took 220ish tickets. Finally able to get both of their EX.

Now I have to build it back up before Ultemecia.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I still have 80 characters to max/get treasure on each summon boards, can we have the summon point pool update now pls x)

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I currently have:

WoL, Leon, Onion Knight, Porom, Lenna, Terra, Cloud, Sephiroth, Zack, Tifa, Squall, Selphie, Setzer, Rinoa, Zell, Laguna, Zidane, Auron, Vayne, Ashe, Vaan, Noel, Y'Shotla, Ramza, Ace

Probably gonna use my EX token for Tidus

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
If you've built up Noctis, he makes Shiva a breeze and can solo carry two low levels. Just have a Quistis friend delay the second to act Shiva, and make good use of Warp Advance to burn down the first before she gets to act. She's less annoying to farm when she's never casting her long animation Diamond Dust.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
A tragedy in 2 part

It took him 800 tickets to get Sherlotta EX
See at 8:34 on the second video for the 809 to 174 ticket left jump

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
A tragedy in 2 part

Complete waste of tickets because
  1. She is worth the pity
  2. 800 is a lot of tickets
  3. The banner mates are crap to throw that many tickets on
I guess he still has his gems saved up though.

I generally don't spend more than 150 tickets on a banner

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
A tragedy in 2 part

My god! That happened? I guess I can still call myself fortunate. I don't have that much tickets.

If you've built up Noctis, he makes Shiva a breeze and can solo carry two low levels. Just have a Quistis friend delay the second to act Shiva, and make good use of Warp Advance to burn down the first before she gets to act. She's less annoying to farm when she's never casting her long animation Diamond Dust.

I'll try that out. I do enjoy Noct's kit.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
First Chaos stage coming in 24 hours, hope you're ready!
JP is getting Garland LC with his LD weapon

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
First Chaos stage coming in 24 hours, hope you're ready!
JP is getting Garland LC with his LD weapon

My Cloud is ready and waiting. Also excited for some new challenging content, since it feels like it's been a while since we've gotten Heretic quests.

I'm surprised they're releasing Garland's LD so early, but I suppose it's a play to milk additional gems from the playerbase when they feature it again alongside his Burst weapon later on. It's rather sobering to see WoL, who's still one of our go-to units here in Global, output such piddly numbers compared to Squall and Garland with their shiny new toys.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Maintenance is over and now you can realize 2 EX and 2 Armor with the free stuff they just gave.
Yeah,

EVERYBODY HOLD ON.

Okay, so realization is now in, and I know everyone is itching to use the books, but I urge you guys to consider who you want to use them on, and wether or not you want to spend the Single Ingot you get from each Realization.

Remember, every weapon or armor you realize nets you an Ingot for that type, which can then be used to limit break that equipment. The bonuses for weapons you can achieve by doing so are great, But are not ALL critical across all characters.

For example, Cloud mains would want to max out his EX+ because it makes his EX attack much more powerful, dealing two 6-hit sets of Brv+Hp attacks. However, he still gets 180% overflow on his EX attack just from realization.

Everyone gets a bonus from just the Realization, and sometimes that's all that's really needed to help a character fill out their potential in the short run.

But, Books are in short supply, and Ingots even more so, so if you have a plan on who you want to use them on, and how much you want to use, the full amount, or just one or two, then try to keep that in mind.

If you have Cloud, then good news, he's a pretty good starting character tonthis whole shebang to use ingots on to max out, since the stat boost and extra-powerful EX will help out a lot early on, especially the Paralysis and Dispel.

WoL, however, doesn't need much, if any, ingots to become much more efficient, just Realizing his weapon will do wonders since it updates it's Brv overflow to 150%, and only a single Ingot is needed to turn it into a 4 hit Brv+Hp attack.

These considerations will help protect your stash when the time comes, especially since Ultimecia is going to need Three ingots to gain her free ability use with her EX, as well as maintain the full power and functionality that made her a famously powerful character.

Not to mention how Fang, while not quite as good with Garland's event, comes into her own a little later in a big way for those who want her, and Krile's EX+ being super Radical.

Take your time on the Dissidia Database to look up what character EX+'s are looking good to you, and try to plan accordingly so you can make sure you've got At Least what you need to make it to a clear in Chaos, and at most a badass crew that'll take you wherever you need!

It's gonna be a hell of a ride, so choose your EX's wisely.

And try to use the armor books & Ingots on the same characters you want to use long-term so they benefit from the defense boost and extra CP.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw on reddit that someone already realized a Cloud dupe and now is stuck with 1 EX+ he can't sell, it's already starting.
Of course this is a massive waste, especially this early.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
this is tricky. all armor can be realized so I can't decide yet. I'm still if I should go ahead with WoL or wait for Ultimecia.

BTW, thanks Scosher for the Shiva tip. I never thought those 2 will work together.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Now I know why they've been so generous with weapon and armor upgrade materials of late. It took nearly 500 t4 materials to level Cloud's EX with one limit break.

I think I did everything right with his upgrade. Lots of CP now which is nice for equipping all his weapon passives. I'll still fully mlb him because he's my fav (and you get that rad super purple aura) then save whatever other materials come along for future realizations. The VII fan in me wants to pull for Vincent but I've honestly not used him much in OO and I don't see that changing with his EX.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Now I know why they've been so generous with weapon and armor upgrade materials of late. It took nearly 500 t4 materials to level Cloud's EX with one limit break.

I think I did everything right with his upgrade. Lots of CP now which is nice for equipping all his weapon passives. I'll still fully mlb him because he's my fav (and you get that rad super purple aura) then save whatever other materials come along for future realizations. The VII fan in me wants to pull for Vincent but I've honestly not used him much in OO and I don't see that changing with his EX.

High chance Vincent will make you lose because he is a MAJOR turn stealer.

Regardless if you're a fan or not, Cloud will be one of the best upgrades for a while.

We are now entering the chaos era, upgrade wisely (at least at the start)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
High chance Vincent will make you lose because he is a MAJOR turn stealer.

Regardless if you're a fan or not, Cloud will be one of the best upgrades for a while.

We are now entering the chaos era, upgrade wisely (at least at the start)

Is there a way to fix Vincent's turn-stealing?

Like, can turning off some passives help alleviate that in a similar way to other characters that burn out party auras, like Sherlotta?

I feel like his fast turns overtaking and wasting his and everyone else's time is the only major issue with his kit, and I wonder if it's solveable.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a way to fix Vincent's turn-stealing?

Like, can turning off some passives help alleviate that in a similar way to other characters that burn out party auras, like Sherlotta?

I feel like his fast turns overtaking and wasting his and everyone else's time is the only major issue with his kit, and I wonder if it's solveable.

No

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
3 tickets, Garnet EX! Was only burning tickets to avoid hitting cap, so that was a welcome surprise after my Sherllotta pulls.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Still no Sherlotta ex over here and I'm easily past the 170 ticket mark. It's gonna be so brutal for me if I don't get her. How's Chaos?

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Decided that today of all days would be my first time booting the game in a while, and I'm so overwhelmed with all the new stuff I feel completely lost. Oh god where do I even begin with this stuff

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Finally Chaos is here and I really enjoyed it!

What surprised me wasn't that the enemies were difficult to handle (they barely did any hp attacks) but the turn count really is strict.

I can see characters like Ultimecia that have free turns prove extremely useful in chaos

I decided to use a team that I assume everyone has thier weapons now for my video. Hope it helps! (Wol, ramza, Cloud)

I think the worst thing about the fight is the attack down debuff, which will literally make you hit 1 half way through the fight when boss defense goes up as thier hp goes down

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Unlocked Chaos last night but haven't tried it yet. Cosmos was a breeze though and co-ops have been fun. Triple Clouds with that 999k score!

Not sure who I'll take into Choas. Cloud obv and likely WoL. Ramza seems to be a popular choice but I don't have his EX. I'll probably go with Sherlotta, just haven't leveled her completely yet.

Also, I couldn't help it, I pulled for VInnie's EX. It was stupid, I know, his turn rotation is god awful, and I have everything else on that banner and I probably won't use him anyway. I got it after about 30 tickets, and two extra copies of Cloud's EX back to back. The dumb things we do for favs....
Decided that today of all days would be my first time booting the game in a while, and I'm so overwhelmed with all the new stuff I feel completely lost. Oh god where do I even begin with this stuff
I can only imagine how overwhelming it must feel lol. We're entering into a new era as well so there's a lot of new things for even veterans right now. If you stick with it, I'd suggest focusing on the story and some of the earlier Lost Chapters and work your way up from there. There are also a couple good banners right now (Sherlotta, Cloud) that could get you some good gear for characters that are and will be quite strong for a while so they'll help you progress.

Drop your friend ID here too if you'd like and we'll add you so you'll have a few OP friend units to help clear content.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My first Chaos run with Cloud EX+ 0/3 LB, Sherlotta and WoL

9fcd1967-52c2-44e0-b8g1j86.png

Will try with Ramza instead of Sherlotta tonight or tomorrow.

Edit : with Ramza

1d8a1e05-7f17-4eb0-a079jd8.png

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally Chaos is here and I really enjoyed it!

What surprised me wasn't that the enemies were difficult to handle (they barely did any hp attacks) but the turn count really is strict.

I can see characters like Ultimecia that have free turns prove extremely useful in chaos

I decided to use a team that I assume everyone has thier weapons now for my video. Hope it helps! (Wol, ramza, Cloud)

I think the worst thing about the fight is the attack down debuff, which will literally make you hit 1 half way through the fight when boss defense goes up as thier hp goes down

I'm excited to see your video of Fang/Garland Chaos because I already know I'll struggle with it, so in advance, good luck!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Argh I'm just short on t5 blue crystals to get Cloud to lv 70 (thanks Paine!). I'll probably have to borrow from Tidus on Sunday. I do want to realize his EX and max level him but I think Cloud will have a lot of that covered for the next while.

And grats on your first Chaos clear Kouriozon! Nice you were able to get it with Ramza. I'm getting nervous since I don't have his EX lol.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I'm excited to see your video of Fang/Garland Chaos because I already know I'll struggle with it, so in advance, good luck!

But why will you struggle with it? From what I know you are a long time player with a diverse roster.

You should be able to handle it np.

Honestly my biggest issue right now is leveling up crystal levels. I'm a bit scared I won't have the needed units leveled up in time

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
How does DK.Cecil work? I clearly am close to zero knowledge on how he operates.

I had a Co-op Cosmos earlier with a Cecil and Cloud party using Leon. I almost had a heart attack having Cecil go dangerously low on HP and having the Cloud quit on the first boss.

Fortunately we were able to push and complete the mission.

Does he have any skill or passives that support his health-draining abilities?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How does DK.Cecil work? I clearly am close to zero knowledge on how he operates.

I had a Co-op Cosmos earlier with a Cecil and Cloud party using Leon. I almost had a heart attack having Cecil go dangerously low on HP and having the Cloud quit on the first boss.

Fortunately we were able to push and complete the mission.

Does he have any skill or passives that support his health-draining abilities?

His rework greatly improved his damage output, to the point where he can actually, effectively stand during the early Chaos era! But, he needs to be under 50% health in order to take advantage of it. This is easily achieved with his AA, Danger Crush, which lowers his Heath by a ton, alongside his other abilities, but be cautious about his potential to get sniped. His HP++ heals him and is usable once after an ability is used while under 50%, But it's honestly more of a last resort measure, and shouldn't be relied on compared to other means while in danger.

His Darkness hits a huge amount of times and has a great amount of Potency and Overflow now, and his Launch Attack Valiant has the very unique property of batterying his allies with the amount of Hp Damage he does with it, making his Launches consistently SUPER DEADLY.

And the Piece dè Resistànce, his EX, not only has massive overflow despite a low hit count, making it fairly useful after a big battery, but restores his uses of Darkness and Valiant, meaning with careful use, he can Launch near constantly throughout a tough fight.

The biggest issue with his kit however, is that his EX is just that, an EX. Being a damage dealer fresh to the Chaos Era makes his lower Atk and Max Brv compared to Cloud and Vincent's EX+ abled selves is very noticeable, and despite having skill use recharge, he can't keep up with his lacklustre Brv+ and Hp+.

That being said, with careful use, and perhaps a dark imperiler like Golbez down the line, he can potentially make for a powerful member of your team! A lot of late EX's are designed to still work in early Chaos, so feel free to make the most of him!

(Edit, he was a pretty early EX though, his rework just brought his back finally.)

Just make sure you build around his limitations and make sure he has a good Stat Boosting support at his back.

Sherlotta is a mixed bag if you pair her with him. She does almost nothing for raw stats, but she provides competitive battery and her raised HP damage buff helps Cecil's Launch Battery a ton, since it'll trigger it's effect on the total Hp Damage done. However, this point is currently moot, since this Chaos is very mean to Magic characters.

If you got him, have fun and make the most of his power! Just remember to bring a tank, just in case!

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
His rework greatly improved his damage output, to the point where he can actually, effectively stand during the early Chaos era! But, he needs to be under 50% health in order to take advantage of it. This is easily achieved with his AA, Danger Crush, which lowers his Heath by a ton, alongside his other abilities, but be cautious about his potential to get sniped. His HP++ heals him and is usable once after an ability is used while under 50%, But it's honestly more of a last resort measure, and shouldn't be relied on compared to other means while in danger.

His Darkness hits a huge amount of times and has a great amount of Potency and Overflow now, and his Launch Attack Valiant has the very unique property of batterying his allies with the amount of Hp Damage he does with it, making his Launches consistently SUPER DEADLY.

And the Piece dè Resistànce, his EX, not only has massive overflow despite a low hit count, making it fairly useful after a big battery, but restores his uses of Darkness and Valiant, meaning with careful use, he can Launch near constantly throughout a tough fight.

The biggest issue with his kit however, is that his EX is just that, an EX. Being a damage dealer fresh to the Chaos Era makes his lower Atk and Max Brv compared to Cloud and Vincent's EX+ abled selves is very noticeable, and despite having skill use recharge, he can't keep up with his lacklustre Brv+ and Hp+.

That being said, with careful use, and perhaps a dark imperiler like Golbez down the line, he can potentially make for a powerful member of your team! A lot of late EX's are designed to still work in early Chaos, so feel free to make the most of him! Just make sure you build around his limitations and make sure he has a good Stat Boosting support at his back.

Sherlotta is a mixed bag if you pair her with him. She does almost nothing for raw stats, but she provides competitive battery and her raised HP damage buff helps Cecil's Launch Battery a ton, since it'll trigger it's effect on the total Hp Damage done. However, this point is currently moot, since this Chaos is very mean to Magic characters.

If you got him, have fun and make the most of his power! Just remember to bring a tank, just in case!

Except he isn't a late EX. He was in the 2nd batch of lvl 60 awakenings if I'm not mistaken, which is a year old. This makes his ex one of the first alongside clouds.

Only difference now is that he got a nice rework

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And grats on your first Chaos clear Kouriozon! Nice you were able to get it with Ramza. I'm getting nervous since I don't have his EX lol.
Thanks!

But why will you struggle with it? From what I know you are a long time player with a diverse roster.

You should be able to handle it np.

Honestly my biggest issue right now is leveling up crystal levels. I'm a bit scared I won't have the needed units leveled up in time
I'm just anxious and trying to do as much as I can without using ingots. I saw Serah will be usefull for Fang since a common strategy is using debuff to push off bosses' buffs.
Garland will be a pain with the boss's debuff.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I'm just anxious and trying to do as much as I can without using ingots. I saw Serah will be usefull for Fang since a common strategy is using debuff to push off bosses' buffs.
Garland will be a pain with the boss's debuuf.

I'm using ingots on Cloud and Ultimecia. Rest depends on how many we get.

Yea I wish lenna was lvl 70 already so I can bring her to garland. Oh well

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Except he isn't a late EX. He was in the 2nd batch of lvl 60 awakenings if I'm not mistaken, which is a year old. This makes his ex one of the first alongside clouds.

Only difference now is that he got a nice rework

Wow, I literally don't remember that, my apologies, I'll amend that portion of my post, thank you.

I mean't to convey that, even with his heavy rework, he's still an EX, rather then an EX+, and that affects his ability to perform as a Damage Dealer in the Chaos Era. The fact that we have to wait around another year later for his EX+ to show up sucks a whole lot, especially since his kit is so fun.

At least we'll have a few cool characters to shoot for in the early Chaos, and I'm certainly gunning for Ultimecia as soon as she shows up.

Any non-meta EX+'s you are looking forward to? I guess Krile is kinda cheating since she actually is a powerful support, but I'll certainly be making the most of her banner mate if I'm lucky, Faris!

Even though EX+ Cloud can cover her Dispel capability, she still gets a huge power boost from her EX+, and can wreak havoc and protect the party with those massive debuffs she dishes out! Not to mention her EX is a beautiful Prelude to the shenanigans Emperor will pull off later!

And plus, her constant Brave Leackage before was such a bummer to see, especially with the numbers she could pull off BEFORE EX+. When she gets it, she's gonna be devastating!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So am I safe to fully realize Cloud until purple or should I wait?

And really it's looking like my luck with Sherlotta is really really bad. I'm almost done my entire ticket supply.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So am I safe to fully realize Cloud until purple or should I wait?

And really it's looking like my luck with Sherlotta is really really bad. I'm almost done my entire ticket supply.

The short answer is, if you can, Do so! He's super amazing will a full EX, and his super powered EX Attack will be very VERY useful!

Well, you'd only really be able to do so if you also Realize Vincent, and if you have, I hope he kicks a lot of butt for you too! Otherwise, you'll only be able to do one or two Ingots worth of limit breaks right now, one from Cloud and another from the Chocoboard.

After Garland's event kicks in, you'll be able to snag another from either WoL or Garland, and if you have WoL, you can do it right away! He doesn't really need most, if any LB's on his EX+, so the Ingot gained from his weapon's realization is best spent on Cloud to get to his full break, as it's a total Doozy!

And don't feel bad about Sherlotta, she's a huge l, HUGE pain to snag with tickets, most EX's are. I'm not here to tell you to waste all your resources making her happen for you, but if you are dead set, you might need to multipull. Decide if it's worth the rest of your tickets supply first though, any ticket spent knowing you'll need to multipull is a ticket wasted, and there is no shame in trying to ticket something and failing at the end.

Once we get that Summon Board update, it will be MUCH easier to build those tickets up again, so use them when you need to.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh dang, I just Ticketed Leon's EX, finally! I'm hoping he can be a Major help in Chaos content down the line!

For those of you who think he's not special, his EX is a major game changer. Much like how everyone's favorite Grandpa Galuf can Absolutely nullify single target physical attacks for his allies with his guarding and covering abilities, Dark Stream provides an Aura buff on Leon that makes all enemies deal dark damage with their non-elemental attacks... then makes the WHOLE PARTY ABSORB DARK DAMAGE. oh, it's also a fairly strong dark attack with 100% splash, so that's fun.

It effectively turns even the worst and most brutal non-elemental blows into a massive battery for your allies, while denying any Brave gain your enemies would otherwise attain! This kind of functionality makes him super useful in a ton of Chaos Content, so long as it can be used carefully.

It lasts for Four Turns, and is completely self contained as an Aura buff, but cannot be sustained indefinitely without careful and consistent use of his Skills. He fortunately has an effective Hp++ that can be kept up easily so long as his health is above 80%, but as a late EX, and a Damage dealer at that, he shouldn't be expected to deal consistent damage without a good support buffing his attack.

All in all, while his greatest strength is reduced in situations when bosses Self Battery before an Hp attack, or deal elemental damage, he nonetheless makes a powerful impression!

Funny how he's a dark knight, and yet has many Paladin-like tendencies, what with healing himself and his allies, as well as protecting them from damage! Maybe he's more of a warrior of light then he thought!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017

That being said, with careful use, and perhaps a dark imperiler like Golbez down the line, he can potentially make for a powerful member of your team! A lot of late EX's are designed to still work in early Chaos, so feel free to make the most of him!

(Edit, he was a pretty early EX though, his rework just brought his back finally.)

Just make sure you build around his limitations and make sure he has a good Stat Boosting support at his back.

Thanks. I'll probably not pull anytime soon. but at least I have an insight when matched again with Cecil.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Got a Chaos clear but missed the score/turn count. Should be able to get all the rewards on my next attempt, was a bit too conservative with ability uses.

*edit*

Couple tries/hours later, got all the rewards. 560K/76 Turns with WoL, Cloud (1LB EX+), Ramza w/Ifrit and double purple Cloud friend. Was tough, but fair overall. Biggest difference between first and full clear run was getting Ramza's HP+++ up much earlier. Getting that in near the end of the first wave definately made the biggest difference in my last run.

Last edited: