• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I was so excited excited and surprised when I saw there were new choco boards and thought the reward was a nugget. Turns out it's just a book

I guess I have to wait 2 more days for leviathan so I can 3/3 my garland :(

Garland is crazy powerful right now. I can't imagine how he will be once I max him. His biggest negative is his longevity, but in short fights he truly shines

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This time I got rather lucky with Garland's artifact farming, even if I don't get another 108/330 it's already good enough, there's still time though.
3fcfcd39-3ab0-45b9-98xqjvy.png

Already switched support to Quistis for Levi tonight.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We just got the Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh level 100 fight rebalance so it's faster to farm them.
Also a bunch of pages for completing those WoI.

Wonder if Wazzy is going to max Zell EX+/armor+ :p

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I can't believe I got Krile's EX in like 10 tickets. I'm so happy right now.

I'm gonna save up for another character down the line, I may put a little towards Faris, but I forgot she wasn't on the same banner as Krile, so I'll see what happens.

Now to wait until Ultimecia! I'm ready to fully EX+ her! As long as I can get her EX, that is... I can pity, but I hope I don't have to!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I got garland to 3/3 😍😍😍

Leviathan was an interesting fight. I managed to do the fight without having to use someone with gravity attacks such as sherlotta.

The worst part of leviathan getting 60k+ brv is that he gets resistance and defense up and is really hard to shave him before he attacks you.

Also my devices broke yesterday so there is some stutter in the video, but I should be able to fix it sometime today

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Fang Chaos : the revenge

c26883d7-fac2-4702-8eqokjt.png

As you can see, I played more dangerously, Leviathan board probably helped a lot. Team was WoL/Ramza/Garland just like my previous record.
Ramza is a must if you want to deal damage without a debuffer/buff remover like Cloud's WoI weapon.

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Fang Chaos : the revenge

c26883d7-fac2-4702-8eqokjt.png

As you can see, I played more dangerously, Leviathan board probably helped a lot. Team was WoL/Ramza/Garland just like my previous record.
Ramza is a must if you want to deal damage without a debuffer/buff remover like Cloud's WoI weapon.

Amazing!!!! I hope I can do it as well... I always die close to the end of the battle.

Kou can you give me any tips? What is the best team for this battle? I used Fang (Ex+ 0/3), WOL (Ex+ 0/3), Cloud (Ex+ 3/3).

The last Shaman buffs himself with a ridiculous high defense, when the battle is close to the end...

I have Tidus (Ex+ 0/3) and Sherlotta as well. I have decent options but I'm doing something wrong. Please help!!!!

Grinding Leviathan now.

IMO Leviathan fight is really quick and easily have the best summon battle music, glad is not only in NT.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Amazing!!!! I hope I can do it as well... I always die close to the end of the battle.

Kou can you give me any tips? What is the best team for this battle? I used Fang (Ex+ 0/3), WOL (Ex+ 0/3), Cloud (Ex+ 3/3).

The last Shaman buffs himself with a ridiculous high defense, when the battle is close to the end...

I have Tidus (Ex+ 0/3) and Sherlotta as well. I have decent options but I'm doing something wrong. Please help!!!!

Grinding Leviathan now.

IMO Leviathan fight is really quick and easily have the best summon battle music, glad is not only in NT.

Fang, wol, sherlotta should do the trick. I didn't even use cloud

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leviathan Ultimate is pretty smooth sailing with Shantotto as SS and Cloud as my main DPS. With a Quistis friend I can finish the fight quickly.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017

Grinding Leviathan now.

Probably not the best method but I focused on one and when it was dead, the other was at like 90% HP, Garland's delay help a lot.
Generally I summon right before killing the first one, so the friend Cloud can remove some buff of the second boss.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA

I did it with Vincent EX+ 0/3, Cloud EX 3/3, and WoL 3/3, with a friend Sherlotta and Shiva summon. The tactic that really helps (and probably for all CHAOS bosses going forward), is to try and save Sherlotta and summon till the latter half of the fight. The reason being is CHAOS bosses have a hidden DEF buff as they get lower in health, and Sherlotta's S2 ignores DEF. It's a good way to burn through that last remaining bit, while also buffing your party's damage. Fang's Chaos is probably the toughest for it, cause you want to time it during a window when you don't have the max BRV debuff, and the brothers don't have the regular DEF buff. But once you see that opening, when they are around 50% health, time all your AA's in the prior round, replace your weakest character with Sherlotta, and then use her S1, EX, summon Shiva, and spam S2.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I keep seeing a lot of misinformation about how to do summon boards popping up everytime a new summon releases and thought I'd share how to efficiently farm summons.

This is pretty much what I did since ifrit.

1 super synergy
ANY 2 CHARACTERS (doesn't matter how weak)
Quistis friend

As long as one of the 3 characters in your party is geared properly (preferably the SS) you will finish the fight in 2 minutes because you also have a Quistis friend delaying and damaging the summon

Basically there is no need to bring a fully farmed character (except for an SS) to help carry 1 weak character.

Always carry 2 characters (even if doing that hoe Shiva). It's how I am able to farm 40 or so characters everytime a new summon is out

Popping a x3 book will only make it faster

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Paine's EX+ looks okay, but Ulti's LD looks really nice.

Hard to believe she's arriving next week. I can't wait.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I've been getting so lucky lately on pulls. Decided to throw some tickets at Krile and got her EX in 20 tickets. Threw 30 more to get her 35cp. I'm sitting low on power Stones, but still have 180k in gems and 450 tickets.

I still need to farm her summon boards and get better artifacts, but I'm already reveling in her insane synergy with Sherlotta.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I got Krile's EX too on roughly 15-20 tickets.

Beat Leviathan's Chaos copying a strategy I read on reddit:

WoL EX+ 0LB
Cloud EX+ 3/3
Sherlotta EX

Friend Quistis/Ramuh Summon

Sherlotta Skill 1 then switch her for Quistis, delay/debuff/beat the shit outta Leviathan, make sure every time he gets a turn that he's stunned due to Cloud etc

finished with like 800K score on 50 turns

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Got a Tidus EX Dupe from 5 tickets wtf. is he worth realizing? also I struggled with furnacekeeper chaos. I I just decided to take the gigantic L and get the nuggets instead of a full clear.

I'm almost caught up on everything now. Just the story hard chapters left. Lost chapters are all done except Fang. Been really lazy to catch up so i've been doing it on my work breaks lol.

My luck with ex weapons have just been the worst all October and November so far, haven't been able to get a single one from all recent banners.

yeah.... I feel ya! Lately it has been the same for me.... *cough Sherlotta cough*

Ultimecia's LD and Paine's EX+

8 days left until the Queen hits global.

I dont really notice much of a change with Paine here? She's one of my most used actually and love her but this seems underwhelming. Ultimecia in 8 days? gonna pray to the gods I get lucky with her.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, here's my situation here.

I got Krile, which rocks because she's amazing, and her EX+ provides a lot of Brave Regen for everyone, which can and will be very powerful for longevity and protection in tough fights.

I currently have two ingots and one book, and 15 out of the 20 nuggets neccessary to make another Ingot.

Long story short, as long as I get both Squall and Ultimecia's EX+s, and I clear three more Chaos runs, I can get both Krile and Ultimecia maxed out.

Right now, I REALLY want to max out Krile, but the best I can do and still max out Ultimecia when I get her is 2/3, which gets her most of her buffs and her starting charge of EX.

Is it worth it to go for it right now, and use Krile to clear chaos content and have a fun time? Or should I wait another week for Ultimecia to show up just in case I can't max her out if I do this?

Since Ultimecia NEEDS to be maxed out to make the most of her kit, since one of her abilities has very low uses and a maxed EX+ gives her a free skill use after, I'm hesitant to move too quickly on this.

Should I get Krile to 2/3 right now, and hope I can clear enough with her to max Ultimecia by the time I get her, or should I be patent, do my best with what I have, and wait a week to max Ultimecia first?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, I bit the bullet and maxed her because I found out Deuce LC comes out before Ulti, so I'll deffoo be able to max her even if I max Krile.

And BOY, is maxed Krile amazing! She isn't even at full support power until she's mixed with a character that provides enchant to the whole party, but when she is, it's going to be CRAZY.

Also, recently found out about her massive synergy with Sherlotta, apparently since they both enhance each other's abilities, one provides huge amounts of Brave very consistently, and the other enhances the HP damage that Brave is contingent on, if you have both in reasonable standing, grab a Sherlotta friend as well, and Summon after getting sherlotta's EX active and Krile's EX either charged or immediately active, you can burst for 1.2 Million Damage in a single Summon.

I haven't exactly tried it out yet, but I'm interested in giving it a whirl soon enough. Now to wait until the Queen of Time makes her way here!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, I bit the bullet and maxed her because I found out Deuce LC comes out before Ulti, so I'll deffoo be able to max her even if I max Krile.

And BOY, is maxed Krile amazing! She isn't even at full support power until she's mixed with a character that provides enchant to the whole party, but when she is, it's going to be CRAZY.

Also, recently found out about her massive synergy with Sherlotta, apparently since they both enhance each other's abilities, one provides huge amounts of Brave very consistently, and the other enhances the HP damage that Brave is contingent on, if you have both in reasonable standing, grab a Sherlotta friend as well, and Summon after getting sherlotta's EX active and Krile's EX either charged or immediately active, you can burst for 1.2 Million Damage in a single Summon.

I haven't exactly tried it out yet, but I'm interested in giving it a whirl soon enough. Now to wait until the Queen of Time makes her way here!

She is amazing and I want to 3/3 her but won't be able to 3/3 Ultimecia as soon as she is out if I max krile now.

Krile will be very useful for deuce lc

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
She is amazing and I want to 3/3 her but won't be able to 3/3 Ultimecia as soon as she is out if I max krile now.

Krile will be very useful for deuce lc

You are pretty skilled, so I wouldn't worry for long! I personally value Krile as a more expediently useful since she's an EX+ support, but I obviously have less to lose since I can afford to get both.

I can afford to do so since I KNOW I'm going to get both Squall and Ultimecia's EX+s when she comes out, since I have enough gems to Pity for one if necessary. I'll be able to book both of them, and use all the Ingots to just barely scrape by and get her maxed out, leading me to an early team comp of maxed out Cloud for Dps, dispelling and turn control, maxed out Krile for party damage buffing and consistently powerful Brv Regen, and maxed out Ultimecia for magic Dps and also turn control kinda, with minor debuffs and many free turns.

I hope that will be enough to work with to get consistent clears for a while while I wait for other characters I want to max out along the way, like Zack and Vayne, as well as hoping I can grab some characters I am super interested in personally, like Emperor and maybe Faris maybe, maybe.

I'm honestly kinda winging it after this, but now that I have Krile I'm going to definitely grab the treasure from all my characters ASAP, and it'll be easy as pie! I'll have plenty of resources to survive on until they buff the Summon point system with the free points during Brothers or something.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
You are pretty skilled, so I wouldn't worry for long! I personally value Krile as a more expediently useful since she's an EX+ support, but I obviously have less to lose since I can afford to get both.

I can afford to do so since I KNOW I'm going to get both Squall and Ultimecia's EX+s when she comes out, since I have enough gems to Pity for one if necessary. I'll be able to book both of them, and use all the Ingots to just barely scrape by and get her maxed out, leading me to an early team comp of maxed out Cloud for Dps, dispelling and turn control, maxed out Krile for party damage buffing and consistently powerful Brv Regen, and maxed out Ultimecia for magic Dps and also turn control kinda, with minor debuffs and many free turns.

I hope that will be enough to work with to get consistent clears for a while while I wait for other characters I want to max out along the way, like Zack and Vayne, as well as hoping I can grab some characters I am super interested in personally, like Emperor and maybe Faris maybe, maybe.

I'm honestly kinda winging it after this, but now that I have Krile I'm going to definitely grab the treasure from all my characters ASAP, and it'll be easy as pie! I'll have plenty of resources to survive on until they buff the Summon point system with the free points during Brothers or something.

lol no amount of skill will help me if deuce boss resists magic and I am lacking good magic units! But thanks :D

I plan to go for agrias after Ultimecia, then I dunno. I also have my eyes set on Balthier, but forgot if he is wave 5 or 6

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I now have about 11 characters left to get treasures for, and then I'll do what I did before and go back around and max the boards out for specific characters.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I now have about 11 characters left to get treasures for, and then I'll do what I did before and go back around and max the boards out for specific characters.
Dang, nice work! I had a lot of trouble self-motivating to complete treasures for the other summons, but I'm definitely doing so for Exp x 2 characters now that we have super beast EX+ characters to carry with!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Treasures, Done, EX characters, Done. Tossed some tickets to avoid cap, 24 Tickets in, Krile EX! She sounds great, so, this was awesome. The grind continues.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Treasures, Done, EX characters, Done. Tossed some tickets to avoid cap, 24 Tickets in, Krile EX! She sounds great, so, this was awesome. The grind continues.

Nice! I'm super jelly, but I'll get there once the summons get improved, you just wait!

She's awesome, but we still only have so many EX's that can be realized, and only so many ingots to get, so take your time if she doesn't seem like a solid fit for you right now.

She's the best though, and super adorable.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
I've done it.. i'm not proud of myself but i've treasure'd or completed all the characters for Leviathan's summon board.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright, within the day we will get deuce's LC, a horrifying chaos and the payoff for everyone who got Ace's EX all that time ago!

Anybody looking forward to it?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, i have Ace but he'll be 0/3 so Deuce will be a pain with that 90% resist melee/ranged. It's pretty much wait for Ultimecia, haha.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Nah, i have Ace but he'll be 0/3 so Deuce will be a pain with that 90% resist melee/ranged. It's pretty much wait for Ultimecia, haha.

Yeah, even for people WITH him, in two days we'll get somebody a lot more immediately useful. Thankfully, in a month or two we'll be able to afford to throw ingots around a lot more, and he'll be a compliment to the kinds of chaos fights Ultimecia will be useful for, since they both do solid magic damage to multiple enemies.

It kinda sucks that his Card buff is so unreliable, I know it's supposed to, but I feel like it's effects could be more powerful or generalized to help their usefulness.

Like, you only need the card that gives everyone 10% HP Regen when you REALLY need it, otherwise it's not worth trying not to bring a healer to a fight because of it.

He's still useful, but DPS is easily replaced without an effective gimmick to take advantage of in the right circumstances. Ultimecia's is just much more powerful.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Going to try Deuce's Chaos LC with Krile, Sherlotta and Yuna, but I suspect I'd need a stronger damage dealer like Ace or Ultimecia. At the very least though, I hope to get a clear with the healing mission done, and then go for the score/turn requirements when we get Ultimecia.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Did a few tickets before Fang banner ended and I got the EX! It only took 4 tickets now so some very much needed luck on my side! Overall I'd say it took more than 50 though as I did try during the week. I also finished all the content now including story hard modes. I dedicated myself to this game this weekend pretty much!

I'll give Fang chaos another try now that I pulled Fang's EX. Very excited for the stream tomorrow!

U4Jop0Z.png

LYnwhGI.png

Now to go back to Levi grinding. It feels really good to catch up with all that content ugh I've been leaving it there for months. Now tickets go to Ultimecia for sure and some gems but I won't be doing 300 like Sherlotta. I've learnt to control myself now and stop pushing that pull button.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
shoot. i missed completing Fang's lost chapter. wasn't able to obtain for the ingots.

Hey, accidents happen, there will always be more. And remember, completing these only get you a few tickets.

You only need to Clear chaos content to get the 5/20 Red Nuggets and 10/20 Blue Nuggets. Don't be afraid of using a few gems to reach a clear if you really can't get it yourself, these things are super hard!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Deuce is the steampunk bosses right? Lol that ex stage was the worst back in the day. I wonder if I can even clear the cosmos

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Hey, accidents happen, there will always be more. And remember, completing these only get you a few tickets.

You only need to Clear chaos content to get the 5/20 Red Nuggets and 10/20 Blue Nuggets. Don't be afraid of using a few gems to reach a clear if you really can't get it yourself, these things are super hard!

My bad. I meant I wasn't able to clear it yet that's why I missed the nuggets. Thanks for the info. I'll probably try to clear it at the first week instead.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, gonna hold off on Deuce Chaos until Ultimecia drops. In the meantime, got a clear on Garland Chaos, complete on Leviathan Chaos. Gonna plink away on Garland too see if I can get full clear...

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah, gonna hold off on Deuce Chaos until Ultimecia drops. In the meantime, got a clear on Garland Chaos, complete on Leviathan Chaos. Gonna plink away on Garland too see if I can get full clear...

I managed to clear it too, but holy hell, the Colourless Queen's speed goes way too damn high at a point, it's crazy. I should've brought Ramza or something to lower her stats and speed a little, she is out of control.

I barely cleared it without dying, much less get a good score. I wonder if they will extend the event like they did for japan originally, or if they will keep it as is since more players know what they are getting into this time around.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
As expected this fight was no joke. I knew I'd struggle because I lack magic units, but here is what I did to win the fight.

Boss counters melee brv hits, despite this I brought wol and was able to finish all requirements. My team was wol, Ace, sherlotta, with ace 1/3

I spammed buckler at start of fight and saved shield for boss.

As soon as boss wave came up, my wol already had hp+ active. His hp+ DOESN'T have a brv hit and you can use it to hit boss without getting countered.

Once you pop shield his hp attack becomes hp++ which has a brv hit. So it's a good idea to use some hp+ at start to save your shield for later.

Also don't watch the very end of my video if you are faint of heart lol. I almost lost the fight at the very end xD

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to clear it too, but holy hell, the Colourless Queen's speed goes way too damn high at a point, it's crazy. I should've brought Ramza or something to lower her stats and speed a little, she is out of control.

I barely cleared it without dying, much less get a good score. I wonder if they will extend the event like they did for japan originally, or if they will keep it as is since more players know what they are getting into this time around.

That brave regen too! Took my by surprise when I did my run. Had too plan around that so my WoL wouldn't get one shot.

Stream today, right? Hoping we get rank or summon board QOL early!