• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Wow grats on the crazy luck serious 4 ex back to back??? Does Squall have a useful sphere at least? And grats on Ultimecia! Alright so i'm gonna purple Ultimecia once I pull her ex this week hopefully but who else should I book/purple? I booked Fang and Cloud is purple. Should I book Warrior of light? How useful is his overflow at 0/3? Thanks in advance for the advice.

No I got 5 total, but 2 ex were back to back tickets and I even got his 15 > 15 > 35 back to back on tickets too... You always get the best luck on the stuff you don't need lol. At least I got powerstones. I'm running dry :(

You can purple ace. But most are waiting for agrias and Faris.

Warrior of light is good to book since he will be used a lot for chaos. I even say purple him once you have enough ingots for your other characters.

As a rule of thumb dps are the ones who need purple the most.

Although my plans have changed since I'm swimming in ingots due to dimensions event. They give out a LOT.

Maybe you will change your mind too once you beat a few of them and see how many extra ingots you have then

Ultimecia is a must for purple. Currently Cloud, garland, ace, krile are good for purple as well.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared DE Order, I fear how Pathos will be haha.
Currently it says that 25% of players cleared all 5 stages, that's pretty nice. Of course it should only track people who entered it once or something,

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Finally pitied Ulti and got her to purple. I also tested my luck again and pulled Deuce and got her EX in 20 tickets. Tried Krile and got her EX also in 20. Too bad the Garland event is done.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, I completed Leviathan Chaos and it feels really good. Ulti really helped, as well as Cloud with his paralysis and pure damage.

Deuce's Chaos is another story, and I still need to try Ulti's, but it feels nice finishing at least one.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I finally completed Deuce LC with Ultimecia 3/3 EX+, Krile 3/3 EX+ and WoL 0/3. I am regretting maxing out Krile. I have great arts on her and full boards, yet she still hit like a wet noodle toward the end of the fight. And since her EX regen is based on HP damage done, it was miniscule toward the end. She's fun when she's not facing high DEF, but I can see her falling off quick.

FYI, I don't know if this is a bug, but on the first attempt, I resurrected with gems to get the clear, but I also completed the mission for taking 0 damage. I guess it didn't count the damage I took before the rez. Very much needed that cause on the second attempt, where I got the score and 0 KO mission completed, I took almost 10k HP damage.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm back home and nobody posted Vaan's Burst, so here goes

And his LD :
Equips LD Ability:「Earthen Eruption」
  • 8-HIT AoE Magic BRV + AoE HP Attack.
  • Allows for 200% Stolen BRV Max BRV Overflow.
  • HP Damage Dealt is split equally amongst all enemies.
  • Grants [Mist Cartridge] to self for 2 ACTIONS.
Buff : [Mist Cartridge]
  • While active, ability usage will not be consumed (excluding LD Ability)
※ The duration of this buff cannot be extended
—— Limit Break Passives ——
LB1 : [Earthen Eruption Power]

• Increases own ATK by a small amount (30%)
  • Increases BRV Damage Dealt by「Earthen Eruption」by a small amount
LB2 : [Mist Cartridge Long]

• When using「Earthen Eruption」, extends base duration of [Mist Cartridge] by 1 ACTION
LB3 : [Earthen Eruption Charge]

• Adds +1 Usage to「Earthen Eruption」

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
The real crime is Vaan getting a burst over Ashe. Everyone knows Ashe is the real main character of FFXII.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Woo Dimensions' End fully complete now x.x

A quick overview of tier 5, 6, and 7 (3 videos in Playlist below)

Tier 5: fuck the turtle. Seriously. Bring batteries to go through his MASSIVE defense

Tier 6: VERY tight turn count and everything immune to debuffs. Bring buffers and BIG damage

Tier 7: Magic only with high defense and tight turn count. Bring characters with longevity

Overall you need 21 units, with 9 of them having to be the best at what they do. I ended up using 6 ingots to max Krile and Ace to be able to complete this.

Tier 7 was by far the hardest for me. Although now I know that a 3/3 Krile is SO AMAZING.

Chaos is no joke, but I feel in a couple of months it will be easier as we get more units to choose from. It's really limited right now.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice Naar, I still have some stuff to do before attempting the second DE.
By the way, after I got Ultimecia EX I used 90 tickets and didn't get her 35CP, so I had to use power tokens and my power stone stash is drying up. I said I wasn't sure to try to pull on Agrias/Faris banner but I will just for the power stones.

Last edited:

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I've been on a streak of horrendous luck lately, blowing through my entire ticket stash without getting DCecil's EX and then having to pity both Garland's and Ultimecia's banners. Really need to get off my butt and catch up on summon boards/story mode to replenish, since I'm way behind on those. I may poke my head out when Lyse's banner hits and throw some tickets her way.

I was on the fence with Ultimecia's kit at first, but now that I have her figured out, I'm all in on the hype. Went from barely clearing Deuce's Chaos by the skin of my teeth, to obliterating it with a 700k+ score. Then I hopped into Ultimecia's Chaos and hit 950k+ on the first try. Just a complete powerhouse once you 3/3 her EX+.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimecia Chaos was easier than expected, I conserved too much skills and before I know it, bosses were in red health' I even finished before my friend support was over.
Cleared Deuce too but with 800 hp damage taken so have to redo it, every other missions is done so I will be able to spam HP+/++.

Edit : and Deuce Chaos completed, feels good to have the player and event quest tab empty again.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm sorry for posting this, but I feel terrible about this.

I somehow got Ace's EX twice in a row on the first two tickets I spent on his banner, and 13 tickets later I got Deuce's EX too.

I didn't even want them, I just spent a few tickets to see what I'd get, and I now have a few more EX weapon characters I can build up a little when I need to deversify my teams later down the line. If it's any consolation, I had to pity for Squall after more then 10 pulls for Ultimecia, so it's more of a turnaround, I suppose.

Anybody have any advice for these two? I'm sure a bunch of you have grabbed Ace's EX early and have some advice, but outside of the wonderful infographics made by the Tonberry Troupe on the reddit for both Deuce and Ace, I've got no clue on how they are being used by people who were gunning for them.

I know this community can feel a little small, so anyone who enjoys these characters, don't feel afraid to talk about them!

P.S, Yet again, I have another dumb excuse to accidentally not complete any Summon board content, this time it's a freaking dental emergency! Couldn't be bothered to play it more then casually recently due to it, but I'll have my chance to collect all these riches once the Summon board update happens!

I'm recovering well, by the way, taking my time and making sure my mouth heals properly!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
For Ace I always start with Burst since it always gives its buff, Spiral Combo need to be + for it to grant ATK+, otherwise maybe try to conserve skills depending on the boss, if it's alone then have more Burst than Spiral Combo and the other way around when there's 2/3 bosses.

I'm kinda stuck on DE Pathos turtle, don't want to use my strongest character and be stuck the last 2 battles, I'll see if I can grab Agrias's EX.
I really really wish we had Vaan rework already, twice I tried to use him and he just does pitiful damage, sad when mine is ultra maxed T-T

Edit : Oh, next event is Soulcage raid with Lenna's awakening, she might help.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sorry for posting this, but I feel terrible about this.

I somehow got Ace's EX twice in a row on the first two tickets I spent on his banner, and 13 tickets later I got Deuce's EX too.

I didn't even want them, I just spent a few tickets to see what I'd get, and I now have a few more EX weapon characters I can build up a little when I need to deversify my teams later down the line. If it's any consolation, I had to pity for Squall after more then 10 pulls for Ultimecia, so it's more of a turnaround, I suppose.

Anybody have any advice for these two? I'm sure a bunch of you have grabbed Ace's EX early and have some advice, but outside of the wonderful infographics made by the Tonberry Troupe on the reddit for both Deuce and Ace, I've got no clue on how they are being used by people who were gunning for them.

I know this community can feel a little small, so anyone who enjoys these characters, don't feel afraid to talk about them!

P.S, Yet again, I have another dumb excuse to accidentally not complete any Summon board content, this time it's a freaking dental emergency! Couldn't be bothered to play it more then casually recently due to it, but I'll have my chance to collect all these riches once the Summon board update happens!

I'm recovering well, by the way, taking my time and making sure my mouth heals properly!

The key with Ace is to set up hp++ quickly and spam it when there are multiple targets. He will do 60k damage just from hp++

It's why you need to max him to get to hp++ quickly

For Ace I always start with Burst since it always gives its buff, Spiral Combo need to be + for it to grant ATK+, otherwise maybe try to conserve skills depending on the boss, if it's alone then have more Burst than Spiral Combo and the other way around when there's 2/3 bosses.

I'm kinda stuck on DE Pathos turtle, don't want to use my strongest character and be stuck the last 2 battles, I'll see if I can grab Agrias's EX.
I really really wish we had Vaan rework already, twice I tried to use him and he just does pitiful damage, sad when mine is ultra maxed T-T

Edit : Oh, next event is Soulcage raid with Lenna's awakening, she might help.

Don't use your best characters. Use batteries for turtle. Sherlotta and wol great for turtle

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made it to stage 5 for DE: Pathos as well, stage 4 was actually pretty fun since I brought Serah for it and Y'shtola for healing (using her just made me even more excited for her EX+).

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Completed Pathos 5 but only cleared 6 because it took 69 turns, looks like I need to max another physical EX+ character.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Ulti's Chaos, and it was actually easier than I thought it'd be. I got about 750k in score as well as all objectives cleared using a team of WoL/Sherlotta/Ulti with a Sherlotta friend and Shiva as summon.

2nd Chaos completed, and it feels great.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Oof I kinda screwed myself and forgot about the chocoboard thing so I missed a few ingots. It says expired 2 hours left but I can't make any progress towards them. That's what I get for forgetting to grind certain characters I guess. Doesnt help that i'm so OCD about everything in gacha games.... and I was playing BE and others too.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Stuck on Pathos stage 6. I'm debating whether I want to max LB Squall's EX to help clear it or just wait for Agrias/Faris' banner (may also try my luck at Kuja EX).

Right now, the only CHAOS-viable characters I have left are Ultimecia 3/3, Sherlotta, Krile 3/3, Cloud 3/3, and Squall 0/3. I'm trying to save the first 3 for the final stage, and I'm coming up short in making a team with Cloud/Squall.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I only have 2 characters left to max on leviathan then I'm done. Rest I will do whenever they are on x2 exp.

Wild points can't come soon enough. I'm already dreading doing 5 boards in the future once a new character is out. I hope we get them before Brothers ultimate comes out.

Stuck on Pathos stage 6. I'm debating whether I want to max LB Squall's EX to help clear it or just wait for Agrias/Faris' banner (may also try my luck at Kuja EX).

Right now, the only CHAOS-viable characters I have left are Ultimecia 3/3, Sherlotta, Krile 3/3, Cloud 3/3, and Squall 0/3. I'm trying to save the first 3 for the final stage, and I'm coming up short in making a team with Cloud/Squall.

You could do Cloud, Ramza, Squall

But yea Squall needs 3/3 for full dps potential. He literally does double damage at 3/3

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Clear for Deuce Chaos and Complete for Ultimecia Chaos. Ultimecia is amazing. That Deuce Chaos no hp loss mission is harsh. Gonna try that one again once Lenna gets her 70 awakening...

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
You could do Cloud, Ramza, Squall

But yea Squall needs 3/3 for full dps potential. He literally does double damage at 3/3

I cleared it in another run with Cloud/Squall/Sherlotta but I missed the score by 14k. All other missions completed and cleared in 58 turns. Considering how tight the turn count is to begin with, it's kind of BS that even when you clear all missions, you can miss the score.

I have Ramza's EX, but I haven't built him out yet. I'd have to spend about 16 power stones though to get all his stuff MLB'd, and I'm running low on supply. Plus I don't have his summon boards mastered. I'm probably just going to wait on DE 5 and 6 until Agrias, Faris, and Yshtola come out. I'm also hoping to nab Kuja, Lyse, Locke, and/or Celes with tickets so I have a lot of targets this month. Considering I'm running low on resources (power stones and ingots), I think I'll just have to be patient on clearing this.

Question though, for Pathos 6, do you find it better to use the summon on the 3rd boss zombie dragon or the twin goliaths? I've tried it both ways, and they seem to give me similar results, but I could probably time it better. The twin goliaths are much more dangerous, but the zombie dragon has a huge PHY def buff mid-way through that really hampers my Cloud and Squall.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Well I did like 70 characters somehow on Levi. Levi chaos is absolutely brutal btw. Fight feels kind of rng sometimes and Levi will go first and one shot you at the beginning after tsunami. I cleared it but very barely.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright, Wintermania's running wild, brother! And boy howdy does it give away a ton of tokens!

It's easy to run too, so take this as an opportunity to get a bunch of characters to 60, or at least 50.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I cleared it in another run with Cloud/Squall/Sherlotta but I missed the score by 14k. All other missions completed and cleared in 58 turns. Considering how tight the turn count is to begin with, it's kind of BS that even when you clear all missions, you can miss the score.

I have Ramza's EX, but I haven't built him out yet. I'd have to spend about 16 power stones though to get all his stuff MLB'd, and I'm running low on supply. Plus I don't have his summon boards mastered. I'm probably just going to wait on DE 5 and 6 until Agrias, Faris, and Yshtola come out. I'm also hoping to nab Kuja, Lyse, Locke, and/or Celes with tickets so I have a lot of targets this month. Considering I'm running low on resources (power stones and ingots), I think I'll just have to be patient on clearing this.

Question though, for Pathos 6, do you find it better to use the summon on the 3rd boss zombie dragon or the twin goliaths? I've tried it both ways, and they seem to give me similar results, but I could probably time it better. The twin goliaths are much more dangerous, but the zombie dragon has a huge PHY def buff mid-way through that really hampers my Cloud and Squall.

I used summon on giants. The dragon is not an issue if you keep breaking him.

I had garland for delay and damage. Was able to clear the dragon relatively quickly. 6 has the tightest turn count, so I brought ramza for free turn damage

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How does anyone even do the Ultimecia boss? Affect's get so much Brv to cut down with gravity and sap, but if you don't explicitly break them, they gain enough Brv to one-shot you, it's nuts.

I'm going to have to figure out a good team comp, then get them all their boards, it seems like they will need all the stats they can get!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Managed to somehow pull Ultimecia's EX in 12 tickets .... I shall never complain about Sherlotta screwing me over again!

Well I'm set for Lyse now. I have about 200 tickets left and 100k gems so I'm very happy with that. I also want Agrias's ex but considering I have everything but her ex, tickets on her banner might be a really bad idea. I'll have to decide what to do!

9UM6oTe.png

How does anyone even do the Ultimecia boss? Affect's get so much Brv to cut down with gravity and sap, but if you don't explicitly break them, they gain enough Brv to one-shot you, it's nuts.

I'm going to have to figure out a good team comp, then get them all their boards, it seems like they will need all the stats they can get!

I even had trouble with the cosmos but eventually after a few resets I killed it. I believe my team was Yuna/Sherlotta/Cloud but it was probably the hardest cosmos lol cause the boss can one shot you and you can't paralyze cheese them once they have elude up. I will try the Chaos when Ultimecia is all maxed out that's for sure.

Also a thread question in general but do you guys plan to do the challenge mode in the future once burst weapons are here? I'm hearing it's not going well and very very worse than Chaos. Truthfully I'm very worried the game will become very whale heavy when that shows up as you can only beat challenge mode with synergy characters. That's a lotttttt of burst weapons to pull.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I actually only had to break them after their special move once, after I did that I was able to delay them and basically stop them from ever doing that move again with my summon timing and Ulti's turn manipulation.

Edit: Sheesh this new co-op gives out a lot of tokens, I'll definitely take the time to use it and stock up on power and armor orbs.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

As long as you bring gravity damage you are good. Sherlotta and Ultimecia shine here. Also characters that do framed debuffs are good here too.

Managed to somehow pull Ultimecia's EX in 12 tickets .... I shall never complain about Sherlotta screwing me over again!

Well I'm set for Lyse now. I have about 200 tickets left and 100k gems so I'm very happy with that. I also want Agrias's ex but considering I have everything but her ex, tickets on her banner might be a really bad idea. I'll have to decide what to do!

9UM6oTe.png

I even had trouble with the cosmos but eventually after a few resets I killed it. I believe my team was Yuna/Sherlotta/Cloud but it was probably the hardest cosmos lol cause the boss can one shot you and you can't paralyze cheese them once they have elude up. I will try the Chaos when Ultimecia is all maxed out that's for sure.

Also a thread question in general but do you guys plan to do the challenge mode in the future once burst weapons are here? I'm hearing it's not going well and very very worse than Chaos. Truthfully I'm very worried the game will become very whale heavy when that shows up as you can only beat challenge mode with synergy characters. That's a lotttttt of burst weapons to pull.

You are forgetting that Agrias also has Faris EX, which is just as highly sought after. Going forward you will only have 3 good dispellers and Faris is one of them

As for your second question, I didn't read too much into what JP is doing right now because although they require synergy to do, you are forgetting that by the time we get it, we ourselves will have tons of characters leveled up and geared for those events. I mean you are talking about something that is 8 months away.

The other issue is that you keep comparing JP to us, but you need to realize they are getting more rewards than us at this time. For example their livestream rewards are 7k gems compared to our 3k

xtien

Apr 21, 2019

Don't know if I'm in the minority, but I'm not worried about where JP's current meta is at all. When they first announced EX weapons, there were a lot of doom and gloom comments over difficulty spike, S-E cash grab accusations over the 1% droprate, etc. Come to find it was mostly blown out of proportion, perhaps based on how we're accustomed to other gacha games handling game progression.

Based on this game's track record, I'm confident they'll balance things in a fair manner. The dev team's shown a willingness to shuffle things around in Global (early Tidus/Sazh 35cp, Beatrix, etc.) to help open up the game for us as well, so I have faith they'll do the same if/when we hit a spot where JP had it especially rough.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

9UM6oTe.png

I'm not really concerned about the challenge mode yet, we're still a long ways away from it. Also, like Naar said, the Agrias banner is still good because of Faris' EX and her dispel capabilities.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Wanted to ask you guys something.

Are you interested in watching videos for chaos clears with weird/crazy set ups? For example a no healer run or something similar?

I did 2 videos as a test to see how things go and if people are interested I can make more. This would be something probably like once every 10 days as I have to focus on other stuff such as Dimensions, Event Chaos, and LCs

I gave it a name and called the series Power of Destruction lol

Fang LC No WoL, No Healer Complete clear

Ultimecia Chaos No WoL, No Healer Complete clear

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I've been on the busy side with thanksgiving but I'm working to get caught up with OO. I've missed it!

I did get lucky and got Ulti's EX off the free draw, but it took six multis and a ton of tickets to finally grab her 35 (I had a grand total of zero power stones beforehand so figured a few multis were worth it). I haven't even max leveled her yet so I'll do that today and start working on some chaos clears. Took a yolo stab at dimensions end this morning and yeah, not planning beforehand didn't go so great so I'll have to take a more throughout approach lol.

Anyway glad to see some of ya'll getting lucky with Ulti's free draw too and destroying chaos fights! The FF era discord has a fun bunch of OO peeps as well if anyone's interested there.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
These Pathos trials are difficult.

I'm at 5 right now and might have to bring out the WoL earlier than I wanted to

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Are you interested in watching videos for chaos clears with weird/crazy set ups? For example a no healer run or something similar?

I did 2 videos as a test to see how things go and if people are interested I can make more. This would be something probably like once every 10 days as I have to focus on other stuff such as Dimensions, Event Chaos, and LCs

That's a rad idea! It'll be tough for some content, considering how hard it'll be to recover or disable heavy blows from worse bosses down the line, but there is and will be a ton of ways to mitigate this kinda stuff as time goes on anyway, so more power to you!

I'd say self-healing effects, like Zack's Regen, should still be on the table, but otherwise it's an awesome idea! Lay on the interesting combos!

Knock Em' All Down!!

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Up to the 7th tier for Pathos

I can clear it just gotta get under.. 10 more turns to complete. I see a lot of teams composing of Serah who I still don't have an EX for :/

Leon is really strong on the 6th tier. Never have to worry about getting broken when his EX buff is on lol

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Completed but ran out of skills doing the Cosmos coop, woof. Feel like I'll just revive Chaos.
At least Kuja 0/3 EX+ is super strong with his rework, even with 2 board missing.
Tried 68 ticket for Lili but no luck.
56 Tickets, Lilisette EX! Good start to the month!
Congrats! Hopefully I'll have the same kind of luck for Agrias.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...I got Lili's EX on the first ticket. That is the first time that's ever happened to me.

I hope that didn't take away all of my luck for Agrias/Faris lol.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
So...I got Lili's EX on the first ticket. That is the first time that's ever happened to me.

Nice!! Same story here, kind of. I actually got Kuja's EX on my first ticket.....but his I already had. Ah well. While it feels weird selling EX dupes, I need power stones so it's cool.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Sorry for the late response but i'm not always checking this thread. I enjoy watching your videos so that would be great!

Lol that's insane. I still have yet to get a first ticket ex. My record is 3 tickets for Lightning EX

Nice!! Same story here, kind of. I actually got Kuja's EX on my first ticket.....but his I already had. Ah well. While it feels weird selling EX dupes, I need power stones so it's cool.

Is it not optimal to save it for the sphere? I dunno about you but I have power stones ... in fact over 100. I wonder if I just dont mlb people as often as you guys xD

And just a thread question. Lilisette was extremely useful back then with her 35cp. Is her EX very helpful and EX +? Should I throw some tickets? I mean i've got like 230 so that's why i'm asking.