• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I'm at rank 483, probably one of the lower gold ranks. I only bother to level the characters I use. I'm finally coming full circle with Rosa as she was my first EX, but I never really bothered to build her out then.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm rank 723. There was a time a while back where I had aimed to collect all possible gems in prep for characters like Ulti and Faris so I leveled as many as I could for the rank up gems. Was also grinding summon boards and the SP refresh was helpful too.

In other news, I finally got my first perfect art for Serah. After 4-ish hours of mindlessly farming while watching a few movies. Four hours. One perfect art. Fuuuuuu that sucked. And it's 15cp gross. In total I have two perfect arts since the other two have one each of her perfect passives. Don't know if I have it in me to farm more. What a joyless experience. I'd like Aerith's even more since she's a favorite but suffering for one character is enough, I'll make do with what I have on her already.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
There might be some new year event coming up, since the next datamined one is Barret LC on 6th of January, I doubt we'll have one full week without nothing to do.
Can't wait for the livestream tomorrow.

Edit : it's going to be the next awakening batch.
Freya EX / Cait Sith EX+ / Fujin / Thancred / Vivi / Balthier EX+

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Not only will there be a sale in a couple of weeks, but super synergy returns for all boards o.o

Sounds like i'm going to have to get my grind on. Is it permanent or still 2 weeks this time?

I'm rank 723. There was a time a while back where I had aimed to collect all possible gems in prep for characters like Ulti and Faris so I leveled as many as I could for the rank up gems. Was also grinding summon boards and the SP refresh was helpful too.

In other news, I finally got my first perfect art for Serah. After 4-ish hours of mindlessly farming while watching a few movies. Four hours. One perfect art. Fuuuuuu that sucked. And it's 15cp gross. In total I have two perfect arts since the other two have one each of her perfect passives. Don't know if I have it in me to farm more. What a joyless experience. I'd like Aerith's even more since she's a favorite but suffering for one character is enough, I'll make do with what I have on her already.

I would just give you my Aerith since she's benched currently. She can still hold her own in chaos a LITTLE but.... eating turns = never meet requirements. I imagine her perfect artifacts will really only help with her EX plus down the line which is very far away.

As for me, I've been having so much fun with Lyse and Celes. Celes is niche but she actually hits as hard as a dps with her ex! Lyse is fun. Doesn't hit as hard as other dps but her longevity and utility has actually saved me a couple of times. Still trying to get one more perfect artifact for Lyse and then I will move to Celes. Also, I dont know if I want to purple Tifa. Gonna wait for the livestream to decide what to do. Never know if Rikku shows up. I also think I have a ton of dps but... IT'S TIFA. :(

also chapter spoilers but I dont suppose anyone is a FFXIV fan here like myself?
Kinda emotional that Papalymo got to see Lyse since he dies before he ever sees Yda reveal the truth about herself being Lyse. That's why it is called second partner but Papalymo is dead in FFXIV as of a long time ago.

I want this outfit for Lyse please, SE

latest

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like i'm going to have to get my grind on. Is it permanent or still 2 weeks this time?

I would just give you my Aerith since she's benched currently. She can still hold her own in chaos a LITTLE but.... eating turns = never meet requirements. I imagine her perfect artifacts will really only help with her EX plus down the line which is very far away.

As for me, I've been having so much fun with Lyse and Celes. Celes is niche but she actually hits as hard as a dps with her ex! Lyse is fun. Doesn't hit as hard as other dps but her longevity and utility has actually saved me a couple of times. Still trying to get one more perfect artifact for Lyse and then I will move to Celes. Also, I dont know if I want to purple Tifa. Gonna wait for the livestream to decide what to do. Never know if Rikku shows up. I also think I have a ton of dps but... IT'S TIFA. :(

also chapter spoilers but I dont suppose anyone is a FFXIV fan here like myself?
Kinda emotional that Papalymo got to see Lyse since he dies before he ever sees Yda reveal the truth about herself being Lyse. That's why it is called second partner but Papalymo is dead in FFXIV as of a long time ago.

I want this outfit for Lyse please, SE

latest

It's always 2 weeks. The QoL just makes it that SS can be used on any summon. And if they announce Rikku it would be next month during anniversary. Right now would be a bit too early

And I absolutely love FF XIV. It's my favorite mainline FF since FF XI :P Why would you think you are the only one who would like XIV in a thread about FF games? But I started skipping story in OO because I literally fell asleep a few times because it is so damn slow (and more importantly it's not canon so no need to waste my time with it)

Also shame on you for not believing in your girl Tifa. She becomes a DPS Goddess next week! (TBF I found out myself like 1 week ago) Good thing I am not sexist and like both female and male units in the game :p

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to make sure I save enough gems for the anniversary since I'm assuming we'll get another global first character.

I'd love it if it's Rikku, but I have a feeling it'll be someone else.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished the dimension's end pathos. got that gold rank bar.

I can rest again

I got back to back Basch EX's with two tickets lol (after using like 50)

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It's always 2 weeks. The QoL just makes it that SS can be used on any summon. And if they announce Rikku it would be next month during anniversary. Right now would be a bit too early

And I absolutely love FF XIV. It's my favorite mainline FF since FF XI :P Why would you think you are the only one who would like XIV in a thread about FF games? But I started skipping story in OO because I literally fell asleep a few times because it is so damn slow (and more importantly it's not canon so no need to waste my time with it)

Also shame on you for not believing in your girl Tifa. She becomes a DPS Goddess next week! (TBF I found out myself like 1 week ago) Good thing I am not sexist and like both female and male units in the game :p

Oh okay thank you for the advice xD. I dunno, tbh.... I love FFXIV so much and Y'shtola is the best. Did you play Shadowbringers? :P You shouldn't skip the story but that's up to you. It gives some nice dialogue and very nice references with some of the cast. I guess having such a huge cast is overwhelming though as you can only do so much in one scene but I appreciate the dialogue a lot. I think the OO team is at the top of their game and it shows genuine love for FF, honestly. I can't say the same about a game like Dissidia NT and I still can't believe that game is being supported. If you want a more condensed story I would look at Brave Exvius. I actually fell in love with the story there even though it can be quite weird at times.

Haha, not sexist. Most of my ff favourites tend to be females that's all! If you want to know some of my favourite males though here it goes..... I like Thancred (Shadowbringers one), I really liked Cecil when I first played the game. Actually i'm thinking about getting his ex with the Dimensions's end tokens. Do you think it is worth it? I like Gabranth a lot and he's one of my favourites, I love Kefka, Caius, and Ardyn too. I have to admit though some of the males are forgettable to me in most of the titles <_< but I do like Cloud, Balthier and Squall. Tidus was very whiny and I didn't like him at first but he grew on me a little. I sadly know nothing about the XI cast of males and females so I kinda just keep them benched unfortunately. But yeah if Thancred ever comes here with his gunblade you'll see me pull 100% haha. Kefka is a weird dilemma for me here. I like him in VI but in Dissidia he's a bit weird and I like him less. Looking forward to pulling Caius though depending on how things go with tickets and gem management.

I do believe in Tifa, dont get me wrong! However, according to the dissidiadb it seems Serah, Yuna, and Rosa all get their ex plus too. It's gonna be a hard decision for me. I also read that Rosa is still amazing even if we have Y'shtola 3/3 so I may want her.

Edit: Early stream! yay

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Actually i'm thinking about getting his ex with the Dimensions's end tokens. Do you think it is worth it?

Paladin Cecil (when he gets his EX+) fits into parties much like Agrias, like a "Cornerstone" Support. He covers a lot of general ground, providing Healing, Brv Battery and some light defensive buffing on Aura to the party via his two abilities, and also becomes capible of inflicting an elemental weakness to Holy, and allowing the party to exploit it via AA. He can be very useful, especially with his powerful HP+ and Brv+ helping with his longevity. The only issue I have with him in terms of using an EX token, is that he shares a banner with FFXII bad guy and broken monster, Vayne, making the wait until his banner a much more useful investment. That guy is worth a pity on his own, so you'll likely get Cecil alongside him when the time comes.

Dark Knight Cecil is a nice DPS that raises his allies attack stats a bit with his Aura, and can deal a lot of damage, do a lot of on-demand launches (with battery to allies during them!!!) and get a lot of longevity from his EX providing ability recovery, but DOESN'T have an EX+ for a long time, and should be carefully invested in with that consideration. A lot of DPS without an EX+ get stonewalled by increasingly impenitrible CHAOS boss defence, so unless you just want him because he's fun and useful for regular content, I'd be careful investing.

Both are good, but both have important considerations for EX token spending. If you ask me, While Ignis is an interesting Support with strange and useful abilities, I would spend the Token getting his bannermate, Zack, since he's the real MVP by the time it comes up, and is also amazing as a DPS and a tank, and as a positive role model!

There are a ton of protags to choose from though, and the shop won't go away, so try to look up some future banners and see which character you want has a banner mate you don't care for, that'd Narrow it down much better!

If you'd rather buff out your party now, you can't go wrong with WoL or Ramza, both very useful characters even with Ramza having no EX+ right now. WoL is a powerful tank with a billion ability uses and a healing EX, and Ramza both buffs the party and has a unique debuff that slots with other debuffer quite nicely, and he effectively takes no turns most of the time because of how his HP+++ works, so even if he's not doing damage he's keeping the party effective!

Squall is also nice if you need a safe and effective damage option, his mix of powerful AoE damage and REALLY good single target EX+ helps bring enemies down fast and effectively, even in CHAOS, and especially against trash mobs in regular content!

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Oh okay thank you for the advice xD. I dunno, tbh.... I love FFXIV so much and Y'shtola is the best. Did you play Shadowbringers? :P You shouldn't skip the story but that's up to you. It gives some nice dialogue and very nice references with some of the cast. I guess having such a huge cast is overwhelming though as you can only do so much in one scene but I appreciate the dialogue a lot. I think the OO team is at the top of their game and it shows genuine love for FF, honestly. I can't say the same about a game like Dissidia NT and I still can't believe that game is being supported. If you want a more condensed story I would look at Brave Exvius. I actually fell in love with the story there even though it can be quite weird at times.

Haha, not sexist. Most of my ff favourites tend to be females that's all! If you want to know some of my favourite males though here it goes..... I like Thancred (Shadowbringers one), I really liked Cecil when I first played the game. Actually i'm thinking about getting his ex with the Dimensions's end tokens. Do you think it is worth it? I like Gabranth a lot and he's one of my favourites, I love Kefka, Caius, and Ardyn too. I have to admit though some of the males are forgettable to me in most of the titles <_< but I do like Cloud, Balthier and Squall. Tidus was very whiny and I didn't like him at first but he grew on me a little. I sadly know nothing about the XI cast of males and females so I kinda just keep them benched unfortunately. But yeah if Thancred ever comes here with his gunblade you'll see me pull 100% haha. Kefka is a weird dilemma for me here. I like him in VI but in Dissidia he's a bit weird and I like him less. Looking forward to pulling Caius though depending on how things go with tickets and gem management.

I do believe in Tifa, dont get me wrong! However, according to the dissidiadb it seems Serah, Yuna, and Rosa all get their ex plus too. It's gonna be a hard decision for me. I also read that Rosa is still amazing even if we have Y'shtola 3/3 so I may want her.

Edit: Early stream! yay

Haha no worries! I was just joking around btw :P

AND NO don't waste tokens on Cecil because we are in the age of EX+ and he doesn't get his for like 6 months. It would be a complete waste of tokens.

And yes I agree with you, OO has a lot of love put into it. I am beyond amazed at the level of support and love OO gets from SE. At first I was kinda interested in the story, but as the cast grew and there was more content to clear, I started losing interest in the story especially since it's filler and non canon, so kinda hard for me to be invested in it. Although I do like the occasional easter eggs in it.

And I only played XIV for 1 year. I quit because of the online drama.

And look I know you absolutely love Yuna, but Rosa outclasses her in pretty much every way. So unless you have the extra ingots, go with Rosa first and then Tifa so this way you have both new and updated support/dps that can help you clear the content coming up

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally Serah is getting a HP+ with her realization, about damn time.
Chaos for Ifrit / Shiva / Ramuh and synergy back for tomorrow.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Lol Kimahri.... only time I ever used him was to max the sphere grid and when he was required for story lol

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
gimme balthier EX

I'm totally out of yellow high shards after using my remaining ones to get Selphie up to C.lvl 69 :/

Now I want to get Basch/Selphie/Tifa up to 70 :/

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We knew about most of the events thanks to Dissidiadb but we're getting a nice raid and 3 free multi (Setzer / Vanille / Serah + awakening batch)

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New events begin in 12 hours.

Also, GL first character teaser announcement teased for end of January (very likely Rikku).

40SAYsu.png

Last edited:

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
back to the summon board grind. good thing they made it easier.

Just curious to know what everyones rank at? I have a feeling I will be one of, if not the lowest one here xD

I am at rank 579. I have like 15 units at lvl 1 and a bunch more between 20-30.

I jumped about 50 ranks in the last month due to all the great units that came out recently. So I was much lower not too long ago

I'm currently at rank 602

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Congrats! Feels really good when artifacts are done. But it does kind of suck that now that Chaos is here your hard work needs to wait until ex plus. Serah and Yuna are usable but I doubt they will make Chaos turn count for example.
Serah has been CHAOS viable since the launch of CHAOS.
Can't wait for her EX+ tomorrow.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing on the free pull, but throwing some tickets afterwards got me Vanille's EX and her 35cp.

Heh, after Balthier I think I'll be good on dispellers.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
2 15 CP on free and not even a single 5* on 30 tickets, my awful no EX streak continues~!
There is no time limit for the ultimate summon fight Chaos missions so don't be in a hurry to clear them.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
As usual I always get an ex that I already have on the free pulls

The summon chaos fights are not that bad. Shiva was easier than I thought she would be. She has the most generous turn count between all the other summons.

I did the fights not using the recommend SS units in case people either don't have them or didn't upgrade them yet

Ifrit

WoL, Agrias, Cloud

Shiva

Ultimecia, Rem, Agrias

Ramuh

Yshtola, Noel, Garland

Made a playlist for all the fights here

Happy New Year everyone!

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
3 Setzer 15 CP's on the free pull lol.

Will probably use a lot of tickets on this banner since I still need Serah/Vanille's EX

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Ifrit's Chaos in 88 turns with Y'shtola/Faris/Ulti, a Quistis friend, and Shiva as the summon.

Not too difficult, a dispeller is definitely nice so Faris was really useful and then of course Y'sh's healing and delaying and Ulti's free turns. I'll try Shiva and Ramuh later.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Happy New Year! Spent another 10 tickets on the new baner and still nothing, not even a good since the free 10+1, that's pretty crazy.
Thankfully so far there is nothing on my must get list, but it looks like I'll have to use gems for The Emperor.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Powerstone on the free pull.

Completed Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh Chaos. Using a team of Ulti/Y'shtola/Faris for Ifrit, swapped in Serah in place of Faris for Shiva, and Agrias in place of Faris for Ramuh. Pretty easy, but can be punishing if your too careless.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Completed the new summon quests. Shiva by far was the most annoying to deal with because of getting frozen and then having your turns used up waiting for Shiva to do its HP attack. Something about that wait is really irritating to watch. Not sure why it's so annoying lol.

My team was Y'Shtola, Faris, Cloud for Ifrit. For Shiva I used Agrias, WoL, Y'shtola. For Ramuh I used Ulti, Y'Shtola, WoL. Warrior allowed me to be way more careless and mostly coast by super easy.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Also done with the 3 new Chaos, wasn't too easy nor too hard but I'm starting to get tired of HP sponges after doing those in a row lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Kacktuar on Golden Cactuars quest.

0ca5b923-a359-4bae-ad7kjqi.png

Time to max out our gils again, the EX+ era has been very expensive.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Time to max out our gils again, the EX+ era has been very expensive.

I just built out all three of Setzer, Vanille, and Serah (previously only had EX for Setzer), and I can feel the drain on my supplies lol. My power stone hoard is down to 30, and need to restock power orbs and gil.

Right now, I have Setzer at EX+ 1/3, Vanille at 1/3, and Serah at 2/3. I have spare ingots to max one of them and keeping some in reserve for Rosa and Tifa (strangely, it's not weapon ingots or books that I'm running low on, but armor books). Not sure which one I'd want to max out. Vanille seems pretty underwhelming compared to Faris. Setzer seems really good at 3/3, but Serah will probably see more use for me in Chaos. Any suggestions?

Also, Celes was a clear MVP for me in all of Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh. I'm glad I fully kitted her out with good arts and full MLB, as she also carried me through Basch' Chaos.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I just built out all three of Setzer, Vanille, and Serah (previously only had EX for Setzer), and I can feel the drain on my supplies lol. My power stone hoard is down to 30, and need to restock power orbs and gil.

Right now, I have Setzer at EX+ 1/3, Vanille at 1/3, and Serah at 2/3. I have spare ingots to max one of them and keeping some in reserve for Rosa and Tifa (strangely, it's not weapon ingots or books that I'm running low on, but armor books). Not sure which one I'd want to max out. Vanille seems pretty underwhelming compared to Faris. Setzer seems really good at 3/3, but Serah will probably see more use for me in Chaos. Any suggestions?

Also, Celes was a clear MVP for me in all of Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh. I'm glad I fully kitted her out with good arts and full MLB, as she also carried me through Basch' Chaos.

All 3 are excellent picks.

My picks would be between vanille and Setzer.

Overall Setzer is better, but go with vanille if you don't have a dispeller.

Vanille is kinda like celes. She is good, but once you need her niche she is AMAZING