• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
;)

Only reason to skip her is if you already have tons of supports, and even then id still pull for her cuz she is so good

Congrats but you shouldn't feel bad about not building basch. I skipped him because as good as he is, there were other yellows that I wanted more than him like Yshtola, Tifa, and Baltheir. I actually managed to pull his ex off some tickets, but he is still lvl 1 and i dont plan to touch him until his LC

Based on what I remember from your roster, if you pull rosa and emporer then you should be set and solid for some time and should be able to complete future chaos easier than you do now

Anyways I am preparing for my interview and remembered I had Dissidia summon flags and wanted to see if they look nice as a background. The stuff in the foreground will not be there when I go live, but it's more about what FF stuff I have that I think will look nice as a display during the interview

I would appreciate everyones thoughts on the set up!

Looks fantastic! The way Bahamut looks makes it seem like it's made to be sideways, but otherwise it's great! I'm sure it's going to go awesome, I believe in you!

On a more personal note, here's a showing of Edward's Skillset.

I can't freaking believe it... they totally did it, the madmen!!!!

THEY INCORPERATED HIDE INTO HIS MOVESET!!! also gave him a Sleep debuff in his LD, but freaking hide, I'm so happy!

Can't wait till he's out in the wild and we get more details!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Looks fantastic! The way Bahamut looks makes it seem like it's made to be sideways, but otherwise it's great! I'm sure it's going to go awesome, I believe in you!

On a more personal note, here's a showing of Edward's Skillset.

I can't freaking believe it... they totally did it, the madmen!!!!

THEY INCORPERATED HIDE INTO HIS MOVESET!!! also gave him a Sleep debuff in his LD, but freaking hide, I'm so happy!

Can't wait till he's out in the wild and we get more details!

Wow I am actually surpised you could tell that that was bahamut and yes it is indeed supposed to be sideways lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Cool setup, Naar! It looks pretty good, in my opinion. Best of luck with this by the way. Also, do you stream the game on twitch?

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Cool setup, Naar! It looks pretty good, in my opinion. Best of luck with this by the way. Also, do you stream the game on twitch?

Thanks! The interview went better than expected actually! I'm considering doing more FF interviews for the future.

I do stream but not Dissidia. I stream Mario Maker lol

The reason is when I stream I like to interact with the viewers and not just play a game and have people watch me play. So Mario Maker is a great way for me to interact with viewers since they submit levels and I can give feedback and stuff like that.

Also for Dissidia I have everything completed, and pretty much all content (including Chaos) I complete within a few hours after release. So I don't know what I would do streaming it. The only thing that occasionally comes up for me to do is farm boards for a new character or something, but I don't think people want to watch someone farm boards lol.

I also love to try different set ups after I finish a chaos fight and challenge myself to see what I can or cannot do, but it involves a lot of death and trial and error and again not sure if it would be watchable (especially if i manage to beat the stage within 2-3 tries and then just shutoff the game and do something else xD)

Also since it's a mobile game, it is designed to be played in small bursts. I would say I play Dissidia 3 hours a day, but broken up into 30--60 minute segments spread throughout the day. Obviously that kind of playstyle does not make for good streaming and ultimately why I chose to make Dissidia content on Youtube rather than on Twitch

I am open to any suggestions if you have them though, but I tried to explain why I do or don't do things as best as I could.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Using gems is a gamble, moreso with a pity break system. With the 2nd anny so close, and what you pulled (grats!), I'd just hoard up a bit.

Gem wise, in this game, depends greatly on how much you do. In a normal month, 40K+ is pretty common in this game. Plus, you have summon boards to get even more gems and tickets.

LD/Burst is the next tier of weapon. Pity break for them is 75/125k each. LD is "weaker" then EX+ and Burst is the newest grandprize item, limited to main protags/villains.

Depends on how you want to play the game long term. Pulling for favorites and enjoying story, sell away. Want to eventually tackle endgame, hold onto them. Sell only when you MLB (Max limit break) and have another weapon for them to equip. Heretic quest and Dimensions End really stress having a diverse roster.
Yeah I'm thinking with the anny close I should just hold on to my gems although Razorrin's Setzer is such a monster that it makes it tempting to pull for him haha I have so much story to go through plus LS that I probably don't need all the best stuff right away and can handle it with what I already have once I've leveled my guys and their Crystal levels up.

Ah, so LD will be about getting whatever it's unique passive is if it's good while Burst will be the truly coveted weapon. I will hoard like a madman to get Squall's when his approaches. Good to know burst is only for main protag and antags. Sorry, Rinoa ;_;

Hmm I imagine I'll at least want to try the endgame content. Depends on how good the rewards are and how much of a pain in the ass it is haha
Hey nice to see you back! Squall is top tier in JP cause of the new weapon tier that released a few months ago called Burst. It is extremely rare though but yes in Global he is still good. I believe the drop rate is gonna be 3% off a multi and 0.1% off a ticket so yeah.... However, many of us feared ex drop rates but most of us have pulled lots of ex on tickets. Stockpile tickets! They are very useful.

Beginner tips: DONT STRESS ABOUT CHAOS/COSMOS. Right now just get your units all leveled to 70/70 by doing cycle quests, enjoy the story if you can (it gets good around a few chapers in) If you love FF interaction then you should be able to relax and enjoy the scenes. Story gives a lotttt of gems because there is normal and hard mode. Plus, you have tons of lost chapters you can tackle when sufficiently leveled. Most have been all power crept right now except the later ones which have cosmos/chaos stages which imo you should wait on before doing them! Dont stress about it until you have a sufficient tank, and two good dps or a healer. Basically, if you do all this grinding you should be at a crazy gem supply to build your roster. Pull on good characters but favourites first is an option (like myself) I never stop pulling for favourites which i'm pretty sure you noticed in the BE thread lol. The game is all about patience and party building. Right now if I were you i'd probably try to get Warrior of light up. His shields will pretty much carry you when you have his weapons. Even at 60/60 he is extremely serviceable.

And I see you already pulled Squall which is great! He's really good right now but when he gets Burst he will be god tier. By the way, like everyone else said do the crystal quests, story, and summon boards. To access a summon board you need a summon at 20 and you can get all the materials for each summon under the world of illusions tab. Summon board grinding can go by very fast with powerful characters. Each character in the game has a summonboard and they recently added wild points which help a ton. There are plenty and I mean PLENTY of resources in Opera Omnia for free to play players. You just have to manage stuff very carefully.
Hey buddy! Nice to see you over here too! I shall hoard ridiculous resources for Squall's burst weapon and at least there's a pity system!

Yeah, I'm not worried about the hard stuff right now. I'm bouncing between story, Squall's LC, mog gym, and Ifrit's stage to get him based on the difficulty level. Once the difficulty level gets too high, I go back to the story. Right now I'm rolling with Squall, Cloud, and Vaan when I don't need a specific character for a mission objective. Not sure if this is my best team composition but early content is easy enough that it doesn't matter. I haven't leveled up crystal level for anyone but Squall though and I should probably get on that but I wasn't sure if I'd end up switching characters soon or pulling or someone soon. Are those two worth level up based on who I got CP weapons for? Ah WoL, good to hear he's a decent tank when leveled. I wasn't sure since he's a starting character but then again, they rotate who's on top and upgrade old characters so that makes sense. I used one key for black crystals for Squall, I'll make sure to take advantage of when that color is unlocked. I need to do that for all colors I know, there's just so much content starting out to bounce between and story is important for all those gems.

I'm pro at being patient and hoarding in FFBE so I can easily do it here. I'm just not as familiar with who's good in this game so I'll have to pay attention to who you guys get excited for besides my FFVIII characters. I can't wait for Squall's burst weapon to hit!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Nice to hear your interview went well, Naar! Although I'm not sure what exactly it was concerning haha Nice FF memorabilia

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
My brother who restarted a few days ago completed the season 1 and most LC on normal and has enough gems for 3 pity, you can go for Rinoa if you want as this game is pretty generous, she'll come back around mid February.

I was at 0 tickets mid-december, now have 500 and I spent 140 on Barret/Tifa earlier this week. I might even hit 1M gems (840k atm) if I can snag Emperor on tickets, yeah the temptation to hoard is too high. I blame early FFBE awful rate for my hoarding tendency as I had a godawful experience (Troll 5* where 3*/4* can be 5* and 1% 5* rates at that time + I bought bundles)

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah I'm thinking with the anny close I should just hold on to my gems although Razorrin's Setzer is such a monster that it makes it tempting to pull for him haha I have so much story to go through plus LS that I probably don't need all the best stuff right away and can handle it with what I already have once I've leveled my guys and their Crystal levels up.

Oh ho ho, you are too kind!

As mentioned before me, all the normal content, including the lost chapters as they close out at difficulty level 50, no problem for any okay team, will grant you several pities worth of gems.

Honestly, LD's and Burst weapon's are so far away, you shouldn't plan for them too hard right now. Your best bet is making informed decisions for your roster, so you can have a solid baseline for the future, and there are many ways to get this done. Keep like 125,000 eventually just in case though.

If I can reccomend a few characters coming up, Zack in mid February should be a top concern, since he's not only a tank, who attracts attention to himself, with the unique power of negating a certain value of Brv damage to himself, allowing him to take zero Brave damage from most attacks, especially multihit ones, but has such a ludicrous amount of damage potential, and effectively supports the team with a good passive Atk and Max Brv Aura, he's still one of the top tanks in JP today.

I'll give you some more lessions on the mechanics real quick.
Most characters receive passive boosts to their stats activated in some way, like having a buff, or having an enemy target them, etcetera. Some of these passives can affect their allies as well, without being an actual buff that becomes visible and takes a buff slot.

Those are referred to as Auras, and while buffs the character applies to themselves can have this area-of-effect, there are many characters, usually supports or non-selfish DPS, that have these passively active at all times, and by existing in the team can effectively extend the Ceiling of power in the team very well, making everyone more effective as a result.

Basically, while all characters are special and fun and unique, a lot of characters with this sort of effect have lots of flexibility in different teams due to their ability to add to everyone's strength passively. Setzer can also do this! And heck, some supports who already put down buffs, like Serah, have these active in their passives too, which helps when some bosses push buffs off.

Anyway, let me give you some really good early advice. You remember when I said Squall doesn't Really need his 15 and 35 cp weapons right now since he's early? That's because weapon passives (the effects weapons provide natively until you fully limit break them and learn yourself) were super basic and weak for a lot of them, but as they came back into focus, they had their ability Extensions either provided if not there yet, or reworked into much more powerful versions.

As a result, Y'shtola, Squall, WoL, and some others I don't recall right now, became rediculously powerful just off their ability extensions alone, making maxing them to c.lvl 60 (max at the time) the easiest and most lucrative way to improve them.

Basically, max out Warrior of Light to c.lvl 60 and don't worry about his EX too much just yet, it's just not that important for early content, and his functionality and power becomes massive afterwards, making him an increadibly and powerful tank for your team, while also supporting the party with buffs and Brave.

Squall is also super useful to just max his c.lvl with, but also, his EX, and subsequently his EX+, is a very solid investment due to the disgusting amount of damage both his abilities and his EX+ provide you.

Also, you may be wondering how you get Squall's other weapons when his banner is nowhere in sight? That's where weapon tokens come in! They come out as event rewards and are part of the daily login bonus and Chocoboards (try to clear every chocoboard if possible for tons of free rewards!), and they let you buy 15 and 35 CP weapons out of season, essentially.

You will need 10 for his 15cp, and 25 for his 35cp, and don't buy copies if you have a surplus, that's a waste. You will need to limit break those weapons with Power Orbs, but with the amount of gem pulls you'll be doing eventually, that will be no problem.

I hope I helped answer your question! If you are planning on leveling up your characters using the Cactuar event's second group quest (which gives tons of random resources and 20020 EXP and Gil each completion!!!), send me a PM and I'll join up with my Setzer and help you Destroy the Cactuar! I honestly can take it on myself, so no worries, use it as an opportunity to level all your guys up! Just do some Lost Chapters first (to grow your team) and buy one or two of those support item packs that double or triple your Item, EXP and Gil gains for 30 minutes. If you put two weaklings, or one weakling and one character not yet maxed on level but still useful, we should make it through!

Just remember, Support Items Come Easy, Don't Overinvest If You Don't Know You'll Use Them.

Gil is worthless usually, but EXP ones have a very important dual-purpose in Summon Board Grinding (don't worry about that right now), and Items make Event Tokens and rewards from event coop's and Summon Crystal Grinding (getting materials to level up your summons) super fast.

You won't get triples, but they should only be bought and used when you will have that time to use them, doubles are much more common naturally.

Hope you continue to have fun, just take your time and ask if you need help!

Last edited:

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Snagged a lucky EX for Yuna off a few tickets. I'll be holding on to my books and ingots for the near future so she'll stay warming the bench for now but it's what I was hoping to grab from the banner so it's nice to have all the same.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I was determined to use Garland, Tifa, and Yshtola for this chaos fight and managed to get it done with that team :P Too bad Garland runs out of skills quickly (and drags tifa skill use down with him) but I made it work!

Obviously bringing a unit with debuff immunity would help a lot. The debuffs aren't so bad, but what makes them lethal is they are 10 tuns x.x

And make sure you have enough brv to protect yourself from his aoe hp attack as it can wipe the whole party if not careful

Nice to hear your interview went well, Naar! Although I'm not sure what exactly it was concerning haha Nice FF memorabilia

Music Director for the official Final Fantasy concerts/orchestra such as Distant Worlds and A New World

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I completed the CHAOS with Yuna's non-realized EX. You can use her.
Well, I don't have enough power stones to mlb her EX since I've used them all on Barret and I would wager that would be helpful for a chaos complete but still good to know she can carry her weight!

My planned team for chaos is Cloud, Tifa and probably Y'sh. Any chance I can get to use my favorite battle couple together I will take lol.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
My brother who restarted a few days ago completed the season 1 and most LC on normal and has enough gems for 3 pity, you can go for Rinoa if you want as this game is pretty generous, she'll come back around mid February.

I was at 0 tickets mid-december, now have 500 and I spent 140 on Barret/Tifa earlier this week. I might even hit 1M gems (840k atm) if I can snag Emperor on tickets, yeah the temptation to hoard is too high. I blame early FFBE awful rate for my hoarding tendency as I had a godawful experience (Troll 5* where 3*/4* can be 5* and 1% 5* rates at that time + I bought bundles)
Damn son, nearly 1M, guess that shows how generous this game is when I compare it to our savings in FFBE and you and I are the Era hoard kings in that game haha Some stuff I'm seeing online makes it sound like Rosa and Emperor are the true gems of this month. They must be powerhouses but.... anniversary.... Did they have an awesome banner for the first anny? Or it's more that they are really generous with gems and mats during it?
Oh ho ho, you are too kind!

As mentioned before me, all the normal content, including the lost chapters as they close out at difficulty level 50, no problem for any okay team, will grant you several pities worth of gems.

Honestly, LD's and Burst weapon's are so far away, you shouldn't plan for them too hard right now. Your best bet is making informed decisions for your roster, so you can have a solid baseline for the future, and there are many ways to get this done. Keep like 125,000 eventually just in case though.

If I can reccomend a few characters coming up, Zack in mid February should be a top concern, since he's not only a tank, who attracts attention to himself, with the unique power of negating a certain value of Brv damage to himself, allowing him to take zero Brave damage from most attacks, especially multihit ones, but has such a ludicrous amount of damage potential, and effectively supports the team with a good passive Atk and Max Brv Aura, he's still one of the top tanks in JP today.

I'll give you some more lessions on the mechanics real quick.
Most characters receive passive boosts to their stats activated in some way, like having a buff, or having an enemy target them, etcetera. Some of these passives can affect their allies as well, without being an actual buff that becomes visible and takes a buff slot.

Those are referred to as Auras, and while buffs the character applies to themselves can have this area-of-effect, there are many characters, usually supports or non-selfish DPS, that have these passively active at all times, and by existing in the team can effectively extend the Ceiling of power in the team very well, making everyone more effective as a result.

Basically, while all characters are special and fun and unique, a lot of characters with this sort of effect have lots of flexibility in different teams due to their ability to add to everyone's strength passively. Setzer can also do this! And heck, some supports who already put down buffs, like Serah, have these active in their passives too, which helps when some bosses push buffs off.

Anyway, let me give you some really good early advice. You remember when I said Squall doesn't Really need his 15 and 35 cp weapons right now since he's early? That's because weapon passives (the effects weapons provide natively until you fully limit break them and learn yourself) were super basic and weak for a lot of them, but as they came back into focus, they had their ability Extensions either provided if not there yet, or reworked into much more powerful versions.

As a result, Y'shtola, Squall, WoL, and some others I don't recall right now, became rediculously powerful just off their ability extensions alone, making maxing them to c.lvl 60 (max at the time) the easiest and most lucrative way to improve them.

Basically, max out Warrior of Light to c.lvl 60 and don't worry about his EX too much just yet, it's just not that important for early content, and his functionality and power becomes massive afterwards, making him an increadibly and powerful tank for your team, while also supporting the party with buffs and Brave.

Squall is also super useful to just max his c.lvl with, but also, his EX, and subsequently his EX+, is a very solid investment due to the disgusting amount of damage both his abilities and his EX+ provide you.

Also, you may be wondering how you get Squall's other weapons when his banner is nowhere in sight? That's where weapon tokens come in! They come out as event rewards and are part of the daily login bonus and Chocoboards (try to clear every chocoboard if possible for tons of free rewards!), and they let you buy 15 and 35 CP weapons out of season, essentially.

You will need 10 for his 15cp, and 25 for his 35cp, and don't buy copies if you have a surplus, that's a waste. You will need to limit break those weapons with Power Orbs, but with the amount of gem pulls you'll be doing eventually, that will be no problem.

I hope I helped answer your question! If you are planning on leveling up your characters using the Cactuar event's second group quest (which gives tons of random resources and 20020 EXP and Gil each completion!!!), send me a PM and I'll join up with my Setzer and help you Destroy the Cactuar! I honestly can take it on myself, so no worries, use it as an opportunity to level all your guys up! Just do some Lost Chapters first (to grow your team) and buy one or two of those support item packs that double or triple your Item, EXP and Gil gains for 30 minutes. If you put two weaklings, or one weakling and one character not yet maxed on level but still useful, we should make it through!

Just remember, Support Items Come Easy, Don't Overinvest If You Don't Know You'll Use Them.

Gil is worthless usually, but EXP ones have a very important dual-purpose in Summon Board Grinding (don't worry about that right now), and Items make Event Tokens and rewards from event coop's and Summon Crystal Grinding (getting materials to level up your summons) super fast.

You won't get triples, but they should only be bought and used when you will have that time to use them, doubles are much more common naturally.

Hope you continue to have fun, just take your time and ask if you need help!
Yeah 6 months for a gacha game is pretty far off and July is apparently when Squall's Burst will hit and looks like he's the first one to get it. I just need to make sure I have crazy resources when that hits hehe Does the LD have an awesome passive? or is it more something for people that have been use the 35cp and haven't lucked into the EX? Basically a means to upgrade if you aren't lucky or have a massive hoard of gems.

Oh wow, Auras sound amazing and Zack sounds like a good target for me as I should fill every role. Is there still a point of working on WoL with Zack coming out soon? Or does WoL's skills fill a different niche so I'll use him over Zack for certain encounters?

Well as Squall's extensions now exist, wouldn't I need to grab those passives from his lower weapons soon if I want to be able to make use of the extensions unlocked via crystal level? I already have his 35cp so I can just snag the 15cp cheap with the coins. I'm glad Squall is worth the investment because I'd max him out regardless and now I won't have to feel slightly guilty for wasting resources ha

Oh wow, that's generous of you to offer carrying me with the Cactuar. I wanted to try and milk that but didn't want to be some rookie punk trying to ride the coat tails of whoever I matched up with and I assume they'd just bail on me anyway haha How high should I get Squall's crystal level before tagging along with you for that? Also, I think I saw someone mention in passing on Reddit that Squall is a character that has an AoE attack, which weapon gives that skill? His EX+?

I really appreciate you taking all this time to explain things! To give you a laugh, my dumb ass forgot how to bind summons and so I kept pushing further into Ifrit's stage wondering when I'd get him and then looked it up and I read you get him in chapter 2 so I was like wth? I finally looked back in the menu settings and saw the option and was like good lord.... Well, at least I have some mats to level him haha Still wasn't enough to get him to 11 so definitely wasn't time wasted in there.
Music Director for the official Final Fantasy concerts/orchestra such as Distant Worlds and A New World
Oh wow! That's impressive and I wish you luck in getting it! Glad to hear you feel it went well!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Some stuff I'm seeing online makes it sound like Rosa and Emperor are the true gems of this month. They must be powerhouses but.... anniversary.... Did they have an awesome banner for the first anny? Or it's more that they are really generous with gems and mats during it?

Yeah, both Rosa and Emperor are both strong. Personally, gonna try to ticket Rosa and will gem(Pity if needed) Emperor. As for anniversary, during the first year, we got doubled daily rewards, first "meet" reset (so, like 200gems per new person you encounter in co-op), and a bunch of special banners with a free 10+1 pull each, the first global first character Beatrix, and other stuff.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah 6 months for a gacha game is pretty far off and July is apparently when Squall's Burst will hit and looks like he's the first one to get it. I just need to make sure I have crazy resources when that hits hehe Does the LD have an awesome passive? or is it more something for people that have been use the 35cp and haven't lucked into the EX? Basically a means to upgrade if you aren't lucky or have a massive hoard of gems.

Basically, the new difficulty that's coming up with Japan has brought two different special new weapons with it, LD and Burst.

LD are the actual, regular upgrade to the EX weapon. While EX+ is something you Realize an EX weapon into, that effects the EX ability and gives passives and stuff, LD grants a very Limited use ability that's very powerful. Even effects characters can achieve that give free skill uses don't work on them, they are meant to be super special.

Burst, on the other hand, are Very exclusive weapons that accompany every banner from them on in cycles, and are ONLY for main Protagonists and Antagonists of the mainline Final Fantasies. They are essentially a new form of Summon, where the character gets five turns and one free use of Every ability they have (including LD!) during that duration, and let's them go Ham until they finish it off with their Burst attack. They are essentially big damage bursts, like you could pull off with summons in tandem with your team, just centralized to a single character, and like summons, only one can actually be used per fight.

It's generally agreed upon that the LD weapon's, pitiable at 100,000 Gems (20 Multipulls), are the actual next weapon tier, since Burst, pitiable at 150,000 (30 Multipulls), are more of a bonus due to the limited nature of their use. Like, you won't field a team of all Burst weapon characters since only one could use their Burst in the fight, so other characters continue to be relevant by gaining their LD.

At the end of the day, there are more weapons to pull, and more chances to get them then ever, so if you are saving to pity Burst, it'll most likely be because you love THAT character specifically. Otherwise, buisness as normal, hope to get a new character's EX and LD in Multipulls or tickets!

In your case, Squall's is like the first one, and will be a solid investment in his damage and future use, so by the time you get it all together, you'll hopefully get it!

Oh wow, Auras sound amazing and Zack sounds like a good target for me as I should fill every role. Is there still a point of working on WoL with Zack coming out soon? Or does WoL's skills fill a different niche so I'll use him over Zack for certain encounters?

They cover different ground, but Zack will beat WoL out once his EX+ gives him his massive DPS boost.

As I said, WoL is very powerful using just his Extensions from c.lvl 55 and 60, as his main niche is providing a massive Brv shield to himself and his allies. What that means is that when an enemy hits somebody with a Brv attack, it hurts the shield's Brv instead, and doesn't give the enemy any Brave, stopping them from gaining any to use with Hp attacks. Super useful, especially with his HUGE number of ability uses!

Zack's Power comes from a passive that MASSIVELY boosts the damage he does when he's being targeted by an enemy, which is easily done by hitting them with his first ability, or his EX attack, as they inflict a status effect that forced enemies afflicted to attack him. WoL also does this with his first, but Zack has a weird damage shield buff that negates damage instead of taking it for him, gained with his EX attack.

Easiest thing to say is, WoL specializes in protecting the entire party passively with the shield, while trying to keep enemy attention. Zack doesn't protect the party, but rather protects himself by taking all the attention and none of the Brave damage. This means WoL actually works way better then Zack against foes that use AoE Brave attacks, but Zack completely neutered enemies who rely on single target attacks, especially multi-hit ones.

The Tiebreaker for Zack, however, is his ludicrous damage output, putting him above and beyond even most selfish DPSes. His first ability, Chain Slash, does fine damage, but caps out quickly in most circumstances. His SECOND, Beat Rush, hits eight times in total, with most being full 9999's, but actually executes THREE Hp attacks throughout it, meaning if he is batteried beforehand, he can do well over 100,000 damage each use. His EX does solid damage to all enemies, makes them target him, and gives him his sweet, sweet shield, but when it's cranked by his EX+, it ends up doing stupid huge amounts of damage TWICE, it gives him a permenant passive that keeps him from dying when hit with a huge Hp attack when over 50% Hp, passively raises overflow on all attacks, AND his HP+ attack develops into one of the strongest and most dependable in the game.

WoL just can't keep up with his DPS at that point, Zack can just do way too much damage, AND protect the party from harm. That doesn't mean WoL is a bad investment, especially right now where his party shield is super broken, it just means you really, Really want Zack when he shows up!

Well as Squall's extensions now exist, wouldn't I need to grab those passives from his lower weapons soon if I want to be able to make use of the extensions unlocked via crystal level? I already have his 35cp so I can just snag the 15cp cheap with the coins. I'm glad Squall is worth the investment because I'd max him out regardless and now I won't have to feel slightly guilty for wasting resources ha

See, the thing about Ability Extensions and Weapon Passives is that they are different things, that do the same thing.

So, Weapon Passives are Passives held by weapons. We call them that, even though armour can also provide Passives when mastered, because they do a very special thing, Enhance your abilities.

15CP cover the first one, and 35CP the second. Often they will do some crazy stuff, like give Cloud's Cross Slash the ability to Paralyze enemeis for a turn occasionally, but they mostly exist to break up the functionality of the character, and they did that by themselves until they were no longer good enough, and the idea of buffing or nerfing them when they were only gained from very occasional Gatcha banners seemed like a terrible idea.

So when they extended the character's c.lvl from 50 to 60, they gave those who got the upgrade (with the idea that overtime everyone would get it eventually), what were called Ability Extensions.

Those are essentially Weapon Passives you get just from upgrading your character's c.Lvl with the appropriate crystal shards, which while usually event gained only, were way, Way more easy to get and accumulate, making balance updates to characters much more justifiable.

Because they were so easy, and that gave them a reason to use them to update characters that fell behind when their EX weapon comes out, they ended up being the more important upgrade to consider for many early characters like Vaan, Y'shtola and WoL.

So that's why I said some of these guys only need their Extensions. Because you can get them with Crystals, instead of spending a bunch of more important resources on very slight upgrades that barely affect the character.

Don't get me wrong, aside from a Very small list, every other character is expected to have both Weapon Passives, both Extensions, and barring special occasions their EX all together to actually fulfill their role in the party, It's just that a few can get by without having to spend 35 Weapon Tokens and 24 Power Orbs to bring their Weapon Passives together. Some only need their 15CP OR their 35CP.

So, just get the extensions for Ysh'tola and WoL and Squall, and wait until their Weapons show up in a banner somewhere before getting them. Except Y'shtola's EX weapon makes her arguably the absolute best support in the game, so get her EX as soon as possible, if possible.

Otherwise, try to get one of each weapon for a character you want from a banner, and stop at the EX when you get it. You'll most likely get the 15CP and 35CP along the way!

Oh wow, that's generous of you to offer carrying me with the Cactuar. I wanted to try and milk that but didn't want to be some rookie punk trying to ride the coat tails of whoever I matched up with and I assume they'd just bail on me anyway haha How high should I get Squall's crystal level before tagging along with you for that? Also, I think I saw someone mention in passing on Reddit that Squall is a character that has an AoE attack, which weapon gives that skill? His EX+?

Squal's whole ability set has AoE in it in different ways excepting his EX, which is just single target super damage!

...but to simplify it, his first ability gives a buff that makes all his abilities their plus version, since he had a mechanic where he wouldn't get them if his Brave was too high, and that sucked so they fixed it with a self-buff.

His Second ability hits a single enemy like six or seven times, and then does a 100%Splash AoE HP attack on all enemies.

Normally expected Hp attacks are single target, but the kinds of AoE for Hp are:

Split, which split the Hp Damage between all enemies. You can actually beat the Hp Damage limit slightly with this, since normally it caps at 99,999, but it's not important.

Equal, which targets all enemies with the same damage equally, which rocks but often can't reach super high due to limitations on abilities that feature it because it's so rad in double boss fights and enemy trash waves.

And Splash, where a certain percentage of the Hp Damage done to a single target hits all other targets. Distinction here is important, because if the target takes less then full Hp damage for some strange reason like a buff that protects against it, it affects the splash damage as well.

Squall's second ability is specifically 100% Splash, so barring extreme cercumstances, it's basically Equal.

I really appreciate you taking all this time to explain things! To give you a laugh, my dumb ass forgot how to bind summons and so I kept pushing further into Ifrit's stage wondering when I'd get him and then looked it up and I read you get him in chapter 2 so I was like wth? I finally looked back in the menu settings and saw the option and was like good lord.... Well, at least I have some mats to level him haha Still wasn't enough to get him to 11 so definitely wasn't time wasted in there.

Hey, No Problem!!!!! We all started doing doofy things, hell, I still accidentally make more new event character armour copies to combine to limit break armour then I need because, in my excitement, I forget that some come from the event for free! As long as you have fun, and you are willing to learn, you'll be a master in no time!

And don't worry about piggybacking off of more experienced players, you'll want to take advantage of the Cactuar New Years event while you still can, those drops are no joke and there is no guarrentee we'll get Anything like that in another event again, not even the Anniversary.

If you wanna hold your own with Squall, just tying to get him to 70 is enough, but having him at 60 means he can do his best stuff, so try for that.

I may not be as avalible though, so if you bring a weaker character to a For Fun game as a Guest, you'll get two people willing to help out a bit. Otherwise, fight to gain the tools you'll need to defeat these opponents yourself!

Have a good day (night, I'm not sure, I'm so tired,) and make the best of it!

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
o6V35nj.png

Got my Yuna completely maxed out now.... and I dont regret it one bit. I still have resources left over for Rosa! But my god Yuna just auto farms cycle quests. Since she starts off with Valefor you can just auto the whole thing. It's so amazing. My farming where I had to press skills is over. Now to make my ultimate girl farm artifacts for me as well.

So worth it! Now to decide which two other spheres to give her. I'm going all out! Oh and co ops with Yuna are so fun. Since I have her best artifacts it's always fun to swap to triple cursed and see the party's max bravery go way high. Yuna can hit 99, 999 damage cap with energy ray so i'm happy.

Well, here's hoping she gets burst in the future and they decide to give it to more than just the main protagonists. But i'm really happy with Yuna's EX+ upgrade. I do think in the future she probably will fall off on chaos fights but i'll do my best to use her whenever I can. Gotta have that dedication for my favourite FF character after all!

also... my plans for 3/3 purple 7* next are Serah and Rosa + Tifa. I have decided Celes can wait a bit to be purple since she's a niche character for magic fights. I gotta play it smart.

Last edited:

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
o6V35nj.png

Got my Yuna completely maxed out now.... and I dont regret it one bit. I still have resources left over for Rosa! But my god Yuna just auto farms cycle quests. Since she starts off with Valefor you can just auto the whole thing. It's so amazing. My farming where I had to press skills is over. Now to make my ultimate girl farm artifacts for me as well.

So worth it! Now to decide which two other spheres to give her. I'm going all out! Oh and co ops with Yuna are so fun. Since I have her best artifacts it's always fun to swap to triple cursed and see the party's max bravery go way high. Yuna can hit 99, 999 damage cap with energy ray so i'm happy.

Well, here's hoping she gets burst in the future and they decide to give it to more than just the main protagonists. But i'm really happy with Yuna's EX+ upgrade. I do think in the future she probably will fall off on chaos fights but i'll do my best to use her whenever I can. Gotta have that dedication for my favourite FF character after all!

also... my plans for 3/3 purple 7* next are Serah and Rosa + Tifa. I have decided Celes can wait a bit to be purple since she's a niche character for magic fights. I gotta play it smart.

Wow! that's a smart idea for farming. I just got Yuna's EX through ticket pull but I don't have powerstones to MLB her weapon (even Tifa T^T).

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
o6V35nj.png

Are her arts double cursed or just one passive is cursed?

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I had Yuna EX from her 70 awakening, but I'm holding onto my ingots before I 3/3 her. Waiting to see what the Global exclusive character on the anniversary, if any, may be.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
This month continues to be pretty good ticket wise for me. Burned 100 to avoid cap and left with Kimahri and Barret EX. Not the grand prizes, but I'll take em.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, both Rosa and Emperor are both strong. Personally, gonna try to ticket Rosa and will gem(Pity if needed) Emperor. As for anniversary, during the first year, we got doubled daily rewards, first "meet" reset (so, like 200gems per new person you encounter in co-op), and a bunch of special banners with a free 10+1 pull each, the first global first character Beatrix, and other stuff.
I looked up a review or two and seems it wouldn't be a big deal to pass on Rosa but Emperor will be meta so I'm thinking I might go for Emperor and Zack as my next two EX units to round out my team. Granted, Rosa is more of a pass if you have Aerith or some other strong unit that feels her nitch and as someone new, I need anything ha But I 'd rather see what's coming for the anny. A bunch of 10+1 freebies and a global first sounds cool, I'll look forward to seeing what comes. Is the anny the end of this month? or in Feb? I want to say the end of this month which would be nice as I'd get to see what comes out for it before Emperor and Zack hit.
Basically, the new difficulty that's coming up with Japan has brought two different special new weapons with it, LD and Burst.

LD are the actual, regular upgrade to the EX weapon. While EX+ is something you Realize an EX weapon into, that effects the EX ability and gives passives and stuff, LD grants a very Limited use ability that's very powerful. Even effects characters can achieve that give free skill uses don't work on them, they are meant to be super special.

Burst, on the other hand, are Very exclusive weapons that accompany every banner from them on in cycles, and are ONLY for main Protagonists and Antagonists of the mainline Final Fantasies. They are essentially a new form of Summon, where the character gets five turns and one free use of Every ability they have (including LD!) during that duration, and let's them go Ham until they finish it off with their Burst attack. They are essentially big damage bursts, like you could pull off with summons in tandem with your team, just centralized to a single character, and like summons, only one can actually be used per fight.

It's generally agreed upon that the LD weapon's, pitiable at 100,000 Gems (20 Multipulls), are the actual next weapon tier, since Burst, pitiable at 150,000 (30 Multipulls), are more of a bonus due to the limited nature of their use. Like, you won't field a team of all Burst weapon characters since only one could use their Burst in the fight, so other characters continue to be relevant by gaining their LD.

At the end of the day, there are more weapons to pull, and more chances to get them then ever, so if you are saving to pity Burst, it'll most likely be because you love THAT character specifically. Otherwise, buisness as normal, hope to get a new character's EX and LD in Multipulls or tickets!

In your case, Squall's is like the first one, and will be a solid investment in his damage and future use, so by the time you get it all together, you'll hopefully get it!

They cover different ground, but Zack will beat WoL out once his EX+ gives him his massive DPS boost.

As I said, WoL is very powerful using just his Extensions from c.lvl 55 and 60, as his main niche is providing a massive Brv shield to himself and his allies. What that means is that when an enemy hits somebody with a Brv attack, it hurts the shield's Brv instead, and doesn't give the enemy any Brave, stopping them from gaining any to use with Hp attacks. Super useful, especially with his HUGE number of ability uses!

Zack's Power comes from a passive that MASSIVELY boosts the damage he does when he's being targeted by an enemy, which is easily done by hitting them with his first ability, or his EX attack, as they inflict a status effect that forced enemies afflicted to attack him. WoL also does this with his first, but Zack has a weird damage shield buff that negates damage instead of taking it for him, gained with his EX attack.

Easiest thing to say is, WoL specializes in protecting the entire party passively with the shield, while trying to keep enemy attention. Zack doesn't protect the party, but rather protects himself by taking all the attention and none of the Brave damage. This means WoL actually works way better then Zack against foes that use AoE Brave attacks, but Zack completely neutered enemies who rely on single target attacks, especially multi-hit ones.

The Tiebreaker for Zack, however, is his ludicrous damage output, putting him above and beyond even most selfish DPSes. His first ability, Chain Slash, does fine damage, but caps out quickly in most circumstances. His SECOND, Beat Rush, hits eight times in total, with most being full 9999's, but actually executes THREE Hp attacks throughout it, meaning if he is batteried beforehand, he can do well over 100,000 damage each use. His EX does solid damage to all enemies, makes them target him, and gives him his sweet, sweet shield, but when it's cranked by his EX+, it ends up doing stupid huge amounts of damage TWICE, it gives him a permenant passive that keeps him from dying when hit with a huge Hp attack when over 50% Hp, passively raises overflow on all attacks, AND his HP+ attack develops into one of the strongest and most dependable in the game.

WoL just can't keep up with his DPS at that point, Zack can just do way too much damage, AND protect the party from harm. That doesn't mean WoL is a bad investment, especially right now where his party shield is super broken, it just means you really, Really want Zack when he shows up!

See, the thing about Ability Extensions and Weapon Passives is that they are different things, that do the same thing.

So, Weapon Passives are Passives held by weapons. We call them that, even though armour can also provide Passives when mastered, because they do a very special thing, Enhance your abilities.

15CP cover the first one, and 35CP the second. Often they will do some crazy stuff, like give Cloud's Cross Slash the ability to Paralyze enemeis for a turn occasionally, but they mostly exist to break up the functionality of the character, and they did that by themselves until they were no longer good enough, and the idea of buffing or nerfing them when they were only gained from very occasional Gatcha banners seemed like a terrible idea.

So when they extended the character's c.lvl from 50 to 60, they gave those who got the upgrade (with the idea that overtime everyone would get it eventually), what were called Ability Extensions.

Those are essentially Weapon Passives you get just from upgrading your character's c.Lvl with the appropriate crystal shards, which while usually event gained only, were way, Way more easy to get and accumulate, making balance updates to characters much more justifiable.

Because they were so easy, and that gave them a reason to use them to update characters that fell behind when their EX weapon comes out, they ended up being the more important upgrade to consider for many early characters like Vaan, Y'shtola and WoL.

So that's why I said some of these guys only need their Extensions. Because you can get them with Crystals, instead of spending a bunch of more important resources on very slight upgrades that barely affect the character.

Don't get me wrong, aside from a Very small list, every other character is expected to have both Weapon Passives, both Extensions, and barring special occasions their EX all together to actually fulfill their role in the party, It's just that a few can get by without having to spend 35 Weapon Tokens and 24 Power Orbs to bring their Weapon Passives together. Some only need their 15CP OR their 35CP.

So, just get the extensions for Ysh'tola and WoL and Squall, and wait until their Weapons show up in a banner somewhere before getting them. Except Y'shtola's EX weapon makes her arguably the absolute best support in the game, so get her EX as soon as possible, if possible.

Otherwise, try to get one of each weapon for a character you want from a banner, and stop at the EX when you get it. You'll most likely get the 15CP and 35CP along the way!

Squal's whole ability set has AoE in it in different ways excepting his EX, which is just single target super damage!

...but to simplify it, his first ability gives a buff that makes all his abilities their plus version, since he had a mechanic where he wouldn't get them if his Brave was too high, and that sucked so they fixed it with a self-buff.

His Second ability hits a single enemy like six or seven times, and then does a 100%Splash AoE HP attack on all enemies.

Normally expected Hp attacks are single target, but the kinds of AoE for Hp are:

Split, which split the Hp Damage between all enemies. You can actually beat the Hp Damage limit slightly with this, since normally it caps at 99,999, but it's not important.

Equal, which targets all enemies with the same damage equally, which rocks but often can't reach super high due to limitations on abilities that feature it because it's so rad in double boss fights and enemy trash waves.

And Splash, where a certain percentage of the Hp Damage done to a single target hits all other targets. Distinction here is important, because if the target takes less then full Hp damage for some strange reason like a buff that protects against it, it affects the splash damage as well.

Squall's second ability is specifically 100% Splash, so barring extreme cercumstances, it's basically Equal.

Hey, No Problem!!!!! We all started doing doofy things, hell, I still accidentally make more new event character armour copies to combine to limit break armour then I need because, in my excitement, I forget that some come from the event for free! As long as you have fun, and you are willing to learn, you'll be a master in no time!

And don't worry about piggybacking off of more experienced players, you'll want to take advantage of the Cactuar New Years event while you still can, those drops are no joke and there is no guarrentee we'll get Anything like that in another event again, not even the Anniversary.

If you wanna hold your own with Squall, just tying to get him to 70 is enough, but having him at 60 means he can do his best stuff, so try for that.

I may not be as avalible though, so if you bring a weaker character to a For Fun game as a Guest, you'll get two people willing to help out a bit. Otherwise, fight to gain the tools you'll need to defeat these opponents yourself!

Have a good day (night, I'm not sure, I'm so tired,) and make the best of it!
Oh, interesting! Appreciate the explanation on what each weapon type brings to the table! So LD will be what every chases for many characters and Burst we'll be able to be picky about and only go for game breaking ones and our favorite characters since only one charter can use it in a party. Sounds good, I'll make sure to get Squall's and then be stingy with Burst. Hopefully I'll get Squall's LD on the way to snagging the Burst but will make sure to get it regardless.

Wow, Zack sounds like a complete monster! So I suspected, it's worth investing in both. Too bad I don't have WoL's EX but sounds like he'll get most of his function from his Crystal Level passives. Speaking of, THAT is what I was missing about Squall. If I could go back in time I'd tell myself to just prioritize burning keys on black crystal event and doing the mog gym to get Squall's crystal level up right off the bat because I didn't understand just how much of a different those extensions made... I knew they made you stronger and you guys were saying crystal level is most important to get up but jesus, Squall is monster in the content I'm doing now! It was so good that I quit being stingy with other characters and got Cloud and Vaan's level up too and what night and day things are now haha I obliterate content and don't even need friend units anymore though they can be nice to toss in on the strongest bosses of hard mode at times. Boy was I wasting my time doing as much content as I did without getting the crystal levels high ha Now I truly understand... Anyway, sounds like I should deffinitely level up WoL but what sucks is that he uses the same crystal color as Emperor but if I farm white crystals shouldn't be bad.

That reminds me, is there a good way to farm the final two tiers of a crystal? Those don't seem to drop from the highest level in the crystal event. I get some of the second to last tier from doing HM for a LC I noticed but there has to be another way. Now that I have Squall nearly at 70 crystal level, I should really check out the Cactuar event if it's still going. I shouldn't be a liability now. I really need limit burst mats though... It tempts me to sell other characters I'm not using's CP weapons... Must stay strong. Is there a reliable way to obtain those besides selling golds?

Ok, I was thrown off by seeing on another site someone stating that Squall absolutely wants his 15 and 35 CP passives but I really just need to look at what they do instead of assuming a character needs everything to realize their true potential but it sounds like most characters will want everything as I expected anyway, just certain characters that don't need it all to function their role well. Yshtola is that good, huh? Ok, I'll keep out an eye for her banner return since I'll want a top tier support.

Thanks for another detailed response! I learned a lot and now am fully hyped for the all mighty Zack EX weapon's debut!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Is the anny the end of this month? or in Feb? I want to say the end of this month which would be nice as I'd get to see what comes out for it before Emperor and Zack hit.

Should be a Community Stream near the end of the month with more details. If it's somewhat like last year, should start near the end of the month and last through most of feb.

That reminds me, is there a good way to farm the final two tiers of a crystal? Those don't seem to drop from the highest level in the crystal event. I get some of the second to last tier from doing HM for a LC I noticed but there has to be another way.

Hard modes, events (purchaseable via tokens), and various mission rewards. No farmable drops for 'em so far.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Should be a Community Stream near the end of the month with more details. If it's somewhat like last year, should start near the end of the month and last through most of feb.

Hard modes, events (purchaseable via tokens), and various mission rewards. No farmable drops for 'em so far.
I see, hopefully we get most of the details early so we can find out if there's an unexpected meta pull before spending too much on emperor.

Dang, not much of an issue for veterans probably but it looks like it will take a little while for me to get my units up the last two or three crystal levels. Thanks!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright, you all know I'm super excited to get Emperor, but is there anyone who's played in JP who has gotten him that can talk about his kit?

I'm knowledgeable about the generalities of it, his abilities and EX inflict one-turn debuffs that, once they expire, or are re-applied (such as by the abilities that caused them, or the EX, which does both and a special one that also delays), they trigger a powerful Brv+Hp attack.

His damage can be absolutly catastrophic if he gets good attack support, and can even utilize his powerful traps outside of an enemy's turn triggering them by reapplying them.

His weakness comes from an over-reliance on his powerful, ability intensive trap game, due to a slower EX charge speed and a poor HP+, and the fact that he applies three framed debuffs, requiring additional debuffers to work around them, but in bursts he can absolutly decimate single or multiple targets.

Anyone got hands-on experience?

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I see, hopefully we get most of the details early so we can find out if there's an unexpected meta pull before spending too much on emperor.

Dang, not much of an issue for veterans probably but it looks like it will take a little while for me to get my units up the last two or three crystal levels. Thanks!

Nah. I still ran out.

there's still a few hours left for the x2 crystal. Just use a cycle key to unlock and a tome/book of treasure to speed up the farming process. You have Squall anyway, he can handle the lvl70 quest on his own.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, you all know I'm super excited to get Emperor, but is there anyone who's played in JP who has gotten him that can talk about his kit?

I'm knowledgeable about the generalities of it, his abilities and EX inflict one-turn debuffs that, once they expire, or are re-applied (such as by the abilities that caused them, or the EX, which does both and a special one that also delays), they trigger a powerful Brv+Hp attack.

His damage can be absolutly catastrophic if he gets good attack support, and can even utilize his powerful traps outside of an enemy's turn triggering them by reapplying them.

His weakness comes from an over-reliance on his powerful, ability intensive trap game, due to a slower EX charge speed and a poor HP+, and the fact that he applies three framed debuffs, requiring additional debuffers to work around them, but in bursts he can absolutly decimate single or multiple targets.

Anyone got hands-on experience?
Can't answer you obviously but if didn't know, all his trap debuff def by 10% (so all 3 will do -30% def), meanwhile Emperor's buffs also lower ennemies' speed.
Here's some double Emperor action, each one activating trap from the other

He's getting his LD before his event drop on GL and I'm sure it'll be super strong again.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Oh wow, found a bookmark for the original spreadsheet we created for ERA to put our User IDs on so we could follow each other when the game first game out haha I assume most of these people aren't playing anymore but found you OGs Kouriozan and Avalon on there so following you now ;)

Kouri, what do you mean Emperor is getting his LD? I thought Squall is the first one to get an LD weapon and that's a ways off in the summer?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, found a bookmark for the original spreadsheet we created for ERA to put our User IDs on so we could follow each other when the game first game out haha I assume most of these people aren't playing anymore but found you OGs Kouriozan and Avalon on there so following you now ;)

Kouri, what do you mean Emperor is getting his LD? I thought Squall is the first one to get an LD weapon and that's a ways off in the summer?
Squall is indeed the first to get LB/Burst but Emperor is getting his LD in 9 days on the Japanese version, when his Lost Chapter release over there.
We're about 8/9 months behind on the Global version.

Last edited:

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want Tifa's EX. :(

I've wasted so many tickets and got THREE Barret EX, lol. I'm five pulls away from being able to use the points on the banner to just grab it. How can I get these gems? hahaha

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really want Tifa's EX. :(

I've wasted so many tickets and got THREE Barret EX, lol. I'm five pulls away from being able to use the points on the banner to just grab it. How can I get these gems? hahaha
If you have nothing left to farm, the only way to get those gems is to swipe your credit card. Tifa will be gone before the next summon board event gives us 35,000 gems.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Summon boards can give you that many gems O.O?

Getting the treasure nodes gives ya 300 gems/3 tickets/5 armor tokens per character (~1,700 points per board). Take all currently available characters through there and you'll get 30k+ easy. I think Super Synergy is still active, along with wild points, makes the grind a bit quicker.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting the treasure nodes gives ya 300 gems/3 tickets/5 armor tokens per character (~1,700 points per board). Take all currently available characters through there and you'll get 30k+ easy. I think Super Synergy is still active, along with wild points, makes the grind a bit quicker.

These are the boards that level up stats?

What's the quickest way to get points for those, then?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
These are the boards that level up stats?

What's the quickest way to get points for those, then?

So, this will be a quick primer.

The way Summon Boards Work is that you fight a grindable fight against a Summon, and it gives you 100 points for that summon's board to each character who participated, plus wild points you can spend on characters freely.

During Summon board events, there are particular characters (refered to in different ways due to confusion of the term, but I prefer Super Synergy) that give a double bonus to every other character in the team, and this bonus stacks with double and triple EXP books, as those also double and triple Summon points as well as EXP. Wild Points aren't affected by Super Synergy, but they are by books.

Maxing Summon Boards delivers a huge stat increase that helps you eke out enough power and survivability to do the hardest content, but it isn't critical outside of that. HOWEVER, you don't need to max it out for the Treasure~

You need 1800 points to get the treasure nodes in each Summon board, and if you use Auto, it will automatically fill in all the spaces that touch the treasure nodes first, so you can get them quick.

By having one of your characters be a Super Synergy Character, and using a triple EXP book, you can take two other characters and a Quistis or otherwise powerful character as a support each run, you can quickly grind 1800 points in 3 Runs Each, giving you all the treasure they have in their board. You can then move on to others within the time you have before the book's bonus ends.

Each character has 300 Gems, 3 Tickets and 5 Armor Tokens. That's Per Board, and per character, meaning by now, with more then 100 characters avalible, each new board comes with a potential 30,000+ Gems, 300+ Tickets, and 500+ Armor Tokens.

Is grinding time consuming? Yes, definitely, but not THAT time consuming, especially if you have the Super Synergy Character loaded to bear with all or nearly all of their best stuff, and a good support unit.

Is it worth doing? It is VERY worth doing, it gets you SO MANY RESOURCES. Just take your time, maybe put in an hour or two each day, and you'll get through them in no time.

What happens if I miss the event and the Super Synergy no longer exists? You can always do it, it'll just take longer. Any character with a banner currently up gets 2X EXP during it, you even see it flash on their portrait. That counts as a Synergy bonus, as if they were super Synergy, so new or returning characters are primed to be fully grounded out during their banners.

Should I max them? Do so if they are helpful to you and kitted out, otherwise don't bother yet. The treasures are enough, but maxing our characters is Much more time consuming, and should be reserved for useful characters for sanity. If you wanna, go ahead, but just try not to get burnt out on it, better to use that time on treasures if it'll get to you.

Hope this helps you understand Summon Boards! I'd wait until you have a EX+ character before really seriously grinding these, they make them go Much quicker!

I'd make more of these if we could get them threadmarked or added to the OT.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, this will be a quick primer.

The way Summon Boards Work is that you fight a grindable fight against a Summon, and it gives you 100 points for that summon's board to each character who participated, plus wild points you can spend on characters freely.

During Summon board events, there are particular characters (refered to in different ways due to confusion of the term, but I prefer Super Synergy) that give a double bonus to every other character in the team, and this bonus stacks with double and triple EXP books, as those also double and triple Summon points as well as EXP. Wild Points aren't affected by Super Synergy, but they are by books.

Maxing Summon Boards delivers a huge stat increase that helps you eke out enough power and survivability to do the hardest content, but it isn't critical outside of that. HOWEVER, you don't need to max it out for the Treasure~

You need 1800 points to get the treasure nodes in each Summon board, and if you use Auto, it will automatically fill in all the spaces that touch the treasure nodes first, so you can get them quick.

By having one of your characters be a Super Synergy Character, and using a triple EXP book, you can take two other characters and a Quistis or otherwise powerful character as a support each run, you can quickly grind 1800 points in 3 Runs Each, giving you all the treasure they have in their board. You can then move on to others within the time you have before the book's bonus ends.

Each character has 300 Gems, 3 Tickets and 5 Armor Tokens. That's Per Board, and per character, meaning by now, with more then 100 characters avalible, each new board comes with a potential 30,000+ Gems, 300+ Tickets, and 500+ Armor Tokens.

Is grinding time consuming? Yes, definitely, but not THAT time consuming, especially if you have the Super Synergy Character loaded to bear with all or nearly all of their best stuff, and a good support unit.

Is it worth doing? It is VERY worth doing, it gets you SO MANY RESOURCES. Just take your time, maybe put in an hour or two each day, and you'll get through them in no time.

What happens if I miss the event and the Super Synergy no longer exists? You can always do it, it'll just take longer. Any character with a banner currently up gets 2X EXP during it, you even see it flash on their portrait. That counts as a Synergy bonus, as if they were super Synergy, so new or returning characters are primed to be fully grounded out during their banners.

Should I max them? Do so if they are helpful to you and kitted out, otherwise don't bother yet. The treasures are enough, but maxing our characters is Much more time consuming, and should be reserved for useful characters for sanity. If you wanna, go ahead, but just try not to get burnt out on it, better to use that time on treasures if it'll get to you.

Hope this helps you understand Summon Boards! I'd wait until you have a EX+ character before really seriously grinding these, they make them go Much quicker!

I'd make more of these if we could get them threadmarked or added to the OT.

This is great! Thank you! :)

I don't have any EX+ characters, though.

How do I know the super synergy characters? I've been playing a lot, but still haven't begun to dug into getting my character stats super buff.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017

How do I know the super synergy characters? I've been playing a lot, but still haven't begun to dug into getting my character stats super buff.

SS characters have a pinkish glow border.

So, when you enter World of Illusions, Ultimate Ifrit (as in screenshot), you'll see something like the above, Regular boost for Kimahri/Barret, SS for Vanille. Can sort by boost when choosing members to see who is also available to you as super synergy.

Friend ID: 141753334
If you want a strong Qustis support. Have Era in your message so I can add ya asap.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SS characters have a pinkish glow border.

So, when you enter World of Illusions, Ultimate Ifrit (as in screenshot), you'll see something like the above, Regular boost for Kimahri/Barret, SS for Vanille. Can sort by boost when choosing members to see who is also available to you as super synergy.

Friend ID: 141753334
If you want a strong Qustis support. Have Era in your message so I can add ya asap.

Thank you :)

My Terra is pretty stacked, so I'm going through now. 1000xp for these three characters already.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
We're getting 15 mins support item at the end of the month, 30 mins ones won't be available to get/purchase anymore but we'll 2x 15 mins instead.
Honestly I like this change.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

You can Realize a character's EX weapon into an EX+ if you use a red book on it after it's been fully limit broken.

If you have been doing all the Chocobo Board missions, you will find that you have the resources you need to do so! You just have to go into the Refine menu to turn Pages and Nuggets into Books and Ingots, 20 for each.

You will get additional resources for books by doing Cosmos missions, and nuggets used to limit break EX+ weapons by doing Chaos missions, but if you are early, just turning weapons into EX+ will do for now.

You get a free Ingot, used to limit break EX+ weapons, whenever you Realize a Weapon, though not all weapons are currently Realizable right now.

That include's Squall's EX as well, and his is super powerful when fully limit broken as an EX+.

As an aside, nearly ALL Characters who have EX weapons that can be Realized into EX+ Have been covered by the Tonberry Troupe, and have Infographics giving precise information about what those improvements will do, so look up the name of a character who's weapon can be realized on Reddit with the word infographic, and you'll find it.

Also, somebody else covered it, but you'll see that a super Synergy Character will have a pinkish, purple aura around their portrait, when you are selecting characters for a particular Ultimate Summon Trial. These are different for each, but the best Super Synergy for each of them is often regarded as:

Vanille for Ifrit, can remove his massive Defense buff, since she is a Dispeller. She also reduces his Defense and Attack with powerful debuffs, and Batteries the party to keep them in fighting shape. Also her EX can do quite a bit of damage and provides a framed debuff that deals Brv damage after an enemy's turn, often breaking them.

Serah for Shiva, can buff the party massively, debuff the shiva's attacking ability, and deal AoE and Splash Hp damage to both shiva's when they split, or Battery the party when they are about to use their most powerful attack. Also, her EX deals lots of equal damage against both of them, and debuffs their Defense along with stealing their Brave each enemy turn with a single framed Debuff.

Setzer for Ramuh, who completely decimates him with his ludicrously powerful ability one, delaying him in the process, as well as being capible of completely neutering his Hp attacks for two turns by turning off his ability to gain Brave using his Ability two. Also, his EX does a ton of damage and instantly fills his allies Brv to max.

Supports that help out in all three fights would be Quistis for MASSIVE burst delay, she can send single targets back 9 turns and provide massive speed down, Setzer for MASSIVE damage and utility, he can burst down bosses and protect the party with his limited but very useful freeze debuff, Squall for very good damage through his EX+, and especially useful AoE Hp damage for Shiva, and usually anyone else who has a fully limitborken EX+ that specializes in massive damage.

Last edited:

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can Realize a character's EX weapon into an EX+ if you use a red book on it after it's been fully limit broken.

If you have been doing all the Chocobo Board missions, you will find that you have the resources you need to do so! You just have to go into the Refine menu to turn Pages and Nuggets into Books and Ingots, 20 for each.

You will get additional resources for books by doing Cosmos missions, and nuggets used to limit break EX+ weapons by doing Chaos missions, but if you are early, just turning weapons into EX+ will do for now.

You get a free Ingot, used to limit break EX+ weapons, whenever you Realize a Weapon, though not all weapons are currently Realizable right now.

That include's Squall's EX as well, and his is super powerful when fully limit broken as an EX+.

As an aside, nearly ALL Characters who have EX weapons that can be Realized into EX+ Have been covered by the Tonberry Troupe, and have Infographics giving precise information about what those improvements will do, so look up the name of a character who's weapon can be realized on Reddit with the word infographic, and you'll find it.

Also, somebody else covered it, but you'll see that a super Synergy Character will have a pinkish, purple aura around their portrait, when you are selecting characters for a particular Ultimate Summon Trial. These are different for each, but the best Super Synergy for each of them is often regarded as:

Vanille for Ifrit, can remove his massive Defense buff, since she is a Dispeller. She also reduces his Defense and Attack with powerful debuffs, and Batteries the party to keep them in fighting shape. Also her EX can do quite a bit of damage and provides a framed debuff that deals Brv damage after an enemy's turn, often breaking them.

Serah for Shiva, can buff the party massively, debuff the shiva's attacking ability, and deal AoE and Splash Hp damage to both shiva's when they split, or Battery the party when they are about to use their most powerful attack. Also, her EX deals lots of equal damage against both of them, and debuffs their Defense along with stealing their Brave each enemy turn with a single framed Debuff.

Setzer for Ramuh, who completely decimates him with his ludicrously powerful ability one, delaying him in the process, as well as being capible of completely neutering his Hp attacks for two turns by turning off his ability to gain Brave using his Ability two. Also, his EX does a ton of damage and instantly fills his allies Brv to max.

Supports that help out in all three fights would be Quistis for MASSIVE burst delay, she can send single targets back 9 turns and provide massive speed down, Setzer for MASSIVE damage and utility, he can burst down bosses and protect the party with his limited but very useful freeze debuff, Squall for very good damage through his EX+, and especially useful AoE Hp damage for Shiva, and usually anyone else who has a fully limitborken EX+ that specializes in massive damage.

Appreciate all the replies. :)

I have Serah leveled and her EX, Squall and his EX, but haven't leveled any of those other characters. :)

I'm not having much trouble at all with the summons, tho. Shiva was the toughest one when she splits. I haven't even dipped my toe into chaos/cosmos missions yet.

I've lucked into getting stuff for good characters, lol. I've mostly focused on who I like over who might be good in game, which...is why I'm grinding so hard trying to get Tifa's EX, haha. I don't know if she's useful, but I'm an FF7 fanboy.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck if you're pulling for Rosa/Sabin tonight, I was lucky enough to get her EX while chasing powerstone after I got Golbez's EX.
Thank you very much!
I needed powerstones so I summoned on Rosa's banner and 26 tickets later

02498184-2dca-4209-ab8akzf.png

RNG please... this isn't going to help with my powerstone problem.
Well about that powerstone situation, now I have 100+ and awful luck about EX, quite the night and day.

Now that I think of it, Golbez might have been the last event where I used gems, hmm...

EDIT : nope, looking back I had to pity Lenna and got Rinoa with 15k gems.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
That ship has sailed for me, and I don't even care. I hope everyone enjoys one of the most powerful Aura characters in the game, I'm good with my Serah with two perfect artifacts!

I mean, she provides a very powerful aura with only one buff on herself, but I just have nothing to pull her with and Can't justify doing so with all the supports I've collected thus far.

Best of luck to those Sabin hunters too, his EX is deadly and his ability to induce imperils and buff the party with that same element makes him quite a powerhouse! I used to be super into the idea of Imperil characters when the Meta was going strong around this time, and now we have one of the first ones showing up. He isn't critical, but he's still fun, and hitting weaknesses still ups your Brave damage by like 1.5 times!

My only issue is that I'm waiting on characters that I already have that Imperil on AA, so I can bust out Krile and reap the 2.0 times bonus with her special buff! It'll be crazy! Especially once Golbez hits the scene, and anyone else that inflicts their own elemental weakness regardless of buffing the party with it!

Also good lightning characters like Beatrix and Edge, since Krile sets them up herself with her lightning Imperil.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I have Rosa EX, but never used her much, as she was the first EX for me. I didn't see the value of supports then since I was just steamrolling content and once I knew better, along came Lenna.

I still planning on throwing 100 tickets in hopes of Sabin, and I'm pretty flush with resources. I'm actually worried I may cap on tickets with Brothers summon board coming up.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I've been doing crazy amounts of summon board grinding and have an ample supply of tickets and gems saved for Rosa's EX that eluded me the first go around. I was unlucky getting Setzer's and Tifa's, so I'm hoping 3rd times a charm!