• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Man I'm so close to being able to get Squall to EX + I can taste it! I just need more of those stupid power stones. It's so tempting to sell the 15cps I have but I've resisted. I'm thinking what I might do is use some tickets on Rosa's banner and I either get lucky and pull her EX, or I can get other gold fodder to convert into power stones. That's a decent strat right? Or stupid? haha I assume it's good because Rosa's worth pulling for anyway. I did at least get his best armor to plus and started limit breaking it.

Apparently Ultimecia is as strong as Emperor will be and as an FFVIII fanboy, I'm really disappointed I can't get her instead. Looking ahead at the Japan schedule, I don't even see her coming up in the next 6 months! Damn!

I real quick created an artifact for Squall and maxed it out to clear the expiring early January board in time. The experience had me wondering if there's only one outcome per character? Or one outcome for gold and another for silver? I'm wondering if I'm done with Squall's gold or if I created another, there'd be the possibility of getting a different passive? How about bloom stones? One passive per character? Or differrent possible outcomes per character?

Is there a new list of everyone's user ID's? Or do you just ask each other? I really could use more friends for the Ifrit board challenge. I've beaten him a few times but only when I meet two conditions: A friend unit so they are out for 5 turns and can do decent damage to him and more importantly, my Cloud inflicting parallelization through out the fight. I had one time where I was lucky and Cloud kept landing it so I curb stomped him and then most of the time he doesn't land it or only once or twice and it's a tooth and nails fight but that's usually due to three turn friends who haven't added me back. I've had a lot of matches were he only had a sliver of health left when he killed me... At least I stayed strong and never used gems to finish him off.

If anyone wants to add me it's Scotia. I have a maxed out Squall if that helps in finding me lol.
It doesn't seem we can search that way, can you provide your ID number?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm so close to being able to get Squall to EX + I can taste it! I just need more of those stupid power stones. It's so tempting to sell the 15cps I have but I've resisted. I'm thinking what I might do is use some tickets on Rosa's banner and I either get lucky and pull her EX, or I can get other gold fodder to convert into power stones. That's a decent strat right? Or stupid? haha I assume it's good because Rosa's worth pulling for anyway. I did at least get his best armor to plus and started limit breaking it.

Apparently Ultimecia is as strong as Emperor will be and as an FFVIII fanboy, I'm really disappointed I can't get her instead. Looking ahead at the Japan schedule, I don't even see her coming up in the next 6 months! Damn!

I real quick created an artifact for Squall and maxed it out to clear the expiring early January board in time. The experience had me wondering if there's only one outcome per character? Or one outcome for gold and another for silver? I'm wondering if I'm done with Squall's gold or if I created another, there'd be the possibility of getting a different passive? How about bloom stones? One passive per character? Or differrent possible outcomes per character?

Is there a new list of everyone's user ID's? Or do you just ask each other? I really could use more friends for the Ifrit board challenge. I've beaten him a few times but only when I meet two conditions: A friend unit so they are out for 5 turns and can do decent damage to him and more importantly, my Cloud inflicting parallelization through out the fight. I had one time where I was lucky and Cloud kept landing it so I curb stomped him and then most of the time he doesn't land it or only once or twice and it's a tooth and nails fight but that's usually due to three turn friends who haven't added me back. I've had a lot of matches were he only had a sliver of health left when he killed me... At least I stayed strong and never used gems to finish him off.

It doesn't seem we can search that way, can you provide your ID number?

Oh snap I forgot that ID numbers are a thing lmao my bad. It's 474064154!

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I added both of you guys :) I recommend that you throw ERA into your tag somewhere so people from here know to keep you or will follow you back.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Added the above, and feel free for anyone else to add me: 191947402 (in-game ID Eiserne).

Currently have Tifa set for help with Barret's LC, but I'll put it back to Agrias or Setzer for Brothers summon board farming.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Added the few of you I didn't yet have to my friends list. I have Tifa up now, but usually Cloud (my Cloud has everything, only the best for the best :) And Setzer will go up for summons events.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Added you, Scosher. I realized I didn't post my ID yet, any Era fam willing to add this noob I'd much appreciate it! ID: 558428036

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
149 Tickets to get Rosa EX and two Sabin EX's along the way! Also, one of my longest ticket streaks with no golds at around 60, oof.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Rosa Chaos isn't too bad as long as you don't get broken, initially I tried Y'shtola / Ulti / Rosa, it's a fin team as 2 can battery with HP+ and Ulti's one is so good anyway, the bosses even dropped HP quickly but they did like 20k+ bravery damage so break and death. It went fine with WoL / Ulti / Rosa, completed with almost 900k score.

Anyway I'm sharing Rosa until Emperor because I have no other worthwhile purple characters. WoL is still 0/3 and he serves me well so far, can't wait for Zack though.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
As long as you are batteried in this fight it will be really easy especially with turn count being generous. Otherwise you will have serious issues with this fight.

I used Krile, Rosa, Squall with setzer friend. Full purple team with ramuh summon. I barely used any skills until almost the last wave, that's how generous the turn count is.

Good luck everyone on this fight!

Also I managed to pull Sabin EX....but man people were not joking when they said his stacking mechanic sucks :( I was hoping he would be good. I left him at 0/3 and hope to find a use for him later.

On the otherhand Rosa's auras are INSANE. I think I only managed to hit less than 5k brv towards the end of the fight.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So this is the final banner I will be pulling on this month unless something unexpected comes out. Otherwise I will be waiting for the GL first and February units.

That is not to say Emperor or Yuffie are bad, I actually highly recommend pulling on them if you either need a magic dps or someone who can sort of dispel and shutdown enemy buffs.

I just need to save resources since I think I have a very good roster right now. I really wanna pull on emperor though and Yuffie is super unique! But I gotta stay strong and hold.

Another reason I don't wanna pull is because I wanna save ingots too. I currently have 9 ingots left and I am 100% sure they will be all gone once the February units arrive

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
after 50k gems I've got both Sabin and Rosa's EX. luckily also got 2 dupes of Rosa's EX so it saved me some power stones. I'm just happy that I don't have to pity either of them.

gonna have to complete the LC and grind a few characters in Leviathan ultimate for Emperor and Firion next week.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when I couldn't get the complete of Barret Chaos :
I was going to say, I don't mind bad luck as long as I don't fall off, and....

716ddd02-cfbe-4f49-824vko6.png

You can't say I didn't try to get better physical DPS, with 500 tickets on Agrias/Faris and absolutely 0 EX out of it.

Edit : rage pulled 30 more tickets and got Barret EX, of course the weaker one but that'll help change my mind for now.

Edit 2 : continued my rage pull with 50 more tickets and got a Barret dupe, wtf game stop pouring salt it hurts, I regret everything.
TIL a game can hold grudge against you.
(Actually my second attempt was at 609k score)
Well this is me now

ade11e17-606d-4249-becekar.png

Sherlotta - Barret 0/3 - Rosa 3/3 with Ramuh and Tifa friend.
As I said, Barret does ton of damage but lack multiple HP attack on his EX, turns out Rosa giving overflow and more max bravery helps a lot.
Well I'm back on the "I could complete all limited Chaos fight and get all limited mission reward" train.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So I am testing Rosa to see what I can and cannot do and let me tell you something about reraise....

I was doing the heretic chaos and switched Yshtola with Rosa and got to the very end like 5 turns faster. But that's not why I am making this post lol.

I tested reraise and I died and still managed to complete the stage including getting full score and no KO complete in the same run.

I can see reraise helping out a lot in the future. You will still get a lot of points subtracted from you because

1. It will count a KO for the score formula
2. You cannot recover the HP you lost when you died

But if you do the fight quickly, you can still manage a perfect.

The score for the heretics is something like 350k and I still got 430K after dying!

Damn

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I think I may completely skip Emperor as I just don't like his character or look. Even if he is meta, I'd avoid using him.

Right now I have Ulti and Kuja built out for magic DPS, Celes as a third magic utility, and just pulled Sabin EX in the current banner. I also plan on realizing Golbez, Rinoa and Terra next month, all of whom I already have EX for. I should be fine without Emperor right?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimecia will still be considered stronger than The Emperor because of free turn shenanigans and how the score work in this game.
But The Emperor is a very close second, and hit harder which will matter the more time passes because of Chaos having increasingly more def. His HP+ suck though.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I think I may completely skip Emperor as I just don't like his character or look. Even if he is meta, I'd avoid using him.

Right now I have Ulti and Kuja built out for magic DPS, Celes as a third magic utility, and just pulled Sabin EX in the current banner. I also plan on realizing Golbez, Rinoa and Terra next month, all of whom I already have EX for. I should be fine without Emperor right?

You should be OK as long as you pull the next magic dps after emperor

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out of:

Y'Shtola
Serah
Squall
Barret
Tifa

Whose weapons should I realize next? I have two that I can upgrade.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about playing OO again since I haven't played since launch but is it in a good place? Haven't really heard much about it so not sure where it's at right now.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I've been thinking about playing OO again since I haven't played since launch but is it in a good place? Haven't really heard much about it so not sure where it's at right now.

I've given extensive info about the game in the last page or two, so look at my posts there to get caught up!

We're are coming up on a big anniversary with a new global first character, and there is a ton of content and potential free gems to get, plus we have a pity system for characters, EX weapons, and a few meta characters have and will come out out.

Take your time enjoying the game again, there is a lot to like these days!

Last edited:

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Out of:

Y'Shtola
Serah
Squall
Barret
Tifa

Whose weapons should I realize next? I have two that I can upgrade.

Y'shtola for sure, and you'll want to 3/3 her. She can help you clear almost any Chaos with her revives so you can at least always get the ingot rewards, and she fits in nearly any party makeup. Even resists don't bother her with her battery, and Earth absorb actually has this unique synergy where she unbreaks an enemy, allowing you to delay them further.

After that, I'd say Tifa is the strongest, followed closely by Serah if you farmed her arts. But it'll depend on who you have EX+ for already cause you want a well-rounded team. Tifa/Ysh'tola is a current meta combo due to the amount of delay they have together (which also maximizes Tifa's launches).

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'shtola for sure, and you'll want to 3/3 her. She can help you clear almost any Chaos with her revives so you can at least always get the ingot rewards, and she fits in nearly any party makeup. Even resists don't bother her with her battery, and Earth absorb actually has this unique synergy where she unbreaks an enemy, allowing you to delay them further.

After that, I'd say Tifa is the strongest, followed closely by Serah if you farmed her arts. But it'll depend on who you have EX+ for already cause you want a well-rounded team. Tifa/Ysh'tola is a current meta combo due to the amount of delay they have together (which also maximizes Tifa's launches).

Cloud's the only other person I have realized, but only twice, not maxed yet.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Blew all my tickets on Rosa banner which was just a little over a hundred and didn't get any EX's but at least I got a number of worthless CP weapons that I sold to finally have a stash of power stones! This allowed me to get Squall's weapon to Plus at last and then I was able to limit break him two times at that level. So I just need one more ingot to get his weapon to it's most powerful state.... How do I get this ingot when I can't do the hardest content yet? That is the question. I might be looking at having to wait until Zack hits and I get his weapon to Plus netting me one ingot. Unless you guys have a suggestion of how a newer player can get their hands on an ingot? I already cleared the panel missions and I'm hoping the early January panel gets replaced by a mid January panel and that it could have an ingot reward....Please! lol

As someone in the same boat as you that just returned a week or two ago, I can say there's a heck of a lot more to do in the game now with plenty of QoL improvements particularly the pity system for pulls and characters have more moves and diversity than they did at the start. There's so many story chapters and character lost chapters for you and I to catch up on that provides a ton of free gems so I figure if we hustle those gems, we'll be in good shape to chase meta units or our favorites. I ended up just starting over with a new account as there's the benefit of re-rolling your account if your free pulls at the start don't give you what you want.

Right now you could re-roll for Rosa's EX weapon since she's now a meta level support unit or you can do it for Emperor who will come out next week I believe and he's a meta magic damage dealer. Either of those would be a nice start for you. If you can't make up your mind, it's generally considered wiser to go after support units and tanks in gacha games as damage dealers always get power crept the fastest.

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
How do I get this ingot when I can't do the hardest content yet? That is the question. I might be looking at having to wait until Zack hits and I get his weapon to Plus netting me one ingot. Unless you guys have a suggestion of how a newer player can get their hands on an ingot? I already cleared the panel missions and I'm hoping the early January panel gets replaced by a mid January panel and that it could have an ingot reward....Please! lol

Yeah, basically have to wait 'til next choco board. Should be real soon! Otherwise, have to wait for the next community event or buying em' from the cash shop.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, basically have to wait 'til next choco board. Should be real soon! Otherwise, have to wait for the next community event or buying em' from the cash shop.
So the choco board always has one? Wohoo! The early Jan one goes away in a handful of hours so assuming it instantly gets replaced by mid Jan...I could be in business!

Also, what's with some of you guys not showing up for me to choose anymore? For some reason the game likes to prioritize people I'm following but who aren't following me back over some of you that I'm fully "friends" with. I haven't seen Razorrin's unit for days for instance.

Kourio bro, at first I was bummed you went away from Garland since he was one of the few units that I could beat Ifrit with but I tested your Rosa out just to see and I curb stomped him far more! It was a joke with how much she boosted Squall's brave up! You make me want to use gems on her lol I can't though, have to see what the global first unit is and there's Zack next month so if the global first ends up a must pull, those two will take up my pity gems though I will continually be getting more as I beat story and LCs. It's just going to take a while ha

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next Burst on JP is Kefka's, his LD turns debuffs into framed ones

With his own skills and EX's framed debuff, that's potentially 6 framed so the ennemies can't buff at all as shown on the video.

Last edited:

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
This thread on reddit made we wanna try summon board auto farming. It worked out well enough...not well enough to burn a exp book and auto, but good as a sp potion dump.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Some thoughts I had about Setzer while doing some Ramuh grinding:

His first ability, Red Card, has him throw three sets of three cards, making nine. He can use it six times, yet 6 x 9 = 54. If a deck is 52 cards, then what are the two extras?

Jokers! They come with two jokers too!

His second ability, Freeze Joker, can be used three times. But if a deck has two jokers, why can it be used three times? Well, he activates All In, his massive self buff, once he uses it twice (thank god, original All In was using all abilities up, before he got his good Hp+ and Brv+, it was awful).

Why? Because he'd used all his normal jokers, and he's got one extra use, because he has an extra joker up his sleeve!

It's kinda fun surmising reasons why a character's kit is abstracted the way it is in this game, lots of interesting ways it's done!

Also, that Burst is rad! Making me excited for his EX+ all over again!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I have been experimenting more with Rosa Reraise and you can definitely get a perfect/complete if you reraise once.

This time I tried it on Rosa Chaos (the most recent fight) and after dieing once, I managed to get a perfect all in the same run (score, turn, hp, KO)

I really advise anyone who has some struggles getting clears in chaos to pull on her. She is very much worth it.

And if you don't have issues with clearing chaos I still recommend using her as you can build a super dps team around her if you are not worried about healing and delay. Her auras have no equal

I managed to get Devoted White Mage** x3 and everything just melts in my way

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
I think Rosa's banner is lasting a day after the stream that will reveal the global first unit so I figure I can wait and see what's coming and then decide who I'm going ham on.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
This post on the DFFOO Reddit says everything I needed to hear about Emperor, so I'm reposting it for those who need to know about how he stacks up as a meta character, especially in comparison to a previous character, Ultimecia. Helpful to both those who have her and those who don't!

Also, we don't know who the global first character is gonna be, so try not to spend your gems on him first like I probably will because I LOVE HIM.

First of all Ultimecia's banner is not coming back any time soon unless she is featured on one of the anniversary banners so if you don't own her EX then there is little point reading this.

Hey kids, it's me, yer boy, Grumpette and the cool gang, yo. Ultimecia doesn't require much introduction, if you own her you are likely already using her because she is good.

With Emperor on the horizon though it can be tempting to pull the newest, hottest, DPS and I am not here to dissuade you otherwise, rather to look at how the two stack up against each other if maybe you were on the fence or unsure if you should make the switch.

Ultimecia as a damage dealer

She hits hard both with her EX and Hell's Judgment and they both hit for AoE HP damage too. She gains a free skill use after using her EX and she gains 3 turns in a row, this turns her normally 'okay' damage into fantastic damage because you are unloading damage in a single turn which is amazing for score purposes. The fact her basic HP+ and BRV+ both hit for AoE brave damage is also great for her since she will steal brave from every enemy she hits and in this era of dual bosses and triple trash waves, she will often break all enemies simultaniously and hit really hard which is great for a HP+, probably one of the best in the game right now.

Her higher than normal iBrv stat also allows her to be brought to fights she has no place normally being such as Barret's LC, because combined with an iBrv booster or battery, she can ignore enemy resistance and still hit very hard. This becomes less important in the future when imperil is changed to allow it to bypass resistance but unless an enemy aborbs magic, she is good for most content.

Ultimecia as utility

Were you getting ready to type out how I didn't mention her gravity effects? I decided to make a seperate section for that because Ultimecia has a few tricks up her sleeve and all of them are useful. Firstly both her EX and her BRV+ have gravity to them, which means that even in cases where she would hit for 1 (not that you should use her in those situations anyway) she can still brave shave and best of all, both skills are AoE. Her unique debuff Sorceress's Hatred applies both a sap which is always helpful for control as taking a hp attack for 10hp can in some fights be better than trying to keep an enemy broken and also has a -20% defence down in a single debuff slot and while admittedly -20% is nice, it isn't going to be that noticable normally.

Still though not only is that 20% less defence your attack needs to overcome, it also helps all other team members who are attacking that target and being wrapped in a unique debuff, it will stack with a generic defence down and on that note...

Ultimecia's spheres

Having A A E is everything you could ever want. Ultimecia comes with a -30% defence down E sphere for that E slot and the total -50% is very noticable especially when bosses start bulking up late on in fights or you could use Emperor's E slot that offers +10% attack upon inflicting a debuff for 6 turns and is one of a handful of E spheres to act like an A sphere. Yuffie's E sphere is a fantastic option too as for the same criteria, it will increase both Attack and MBrave although only for 3 turns instead of 6.

Being a damage dealer a mix of Attack up and MBrave up are often the best in slot but I find Ultimecia has pretty low MBrave and that her attack needs a bit of a shot in the arm so I focused on improving MBrave in order for her to hit the 99k Brave cap. If someone has some maths on this, I would be very interested but from my own playing experience, she needs the MBrave much much more than she needs the Attack however she does actually need that Attack too, you can't get away with skimping on it.

Ultimecia's Artifacts

Like spheres, the focus is on Attack 108, MBrave 330 and her C.50 which increases iBrv and MBrv by 5%. I actually went Attack 108 & MBrave 330 x2 and then MBrave 300 & C.50 x1. I was very lucky with Ultimecia and scored 3 Attack 108, Mbrave 330 (which almost never happens) but I found that both her and Squall suffer the same issue where the maximum damage potential is limited more by their small (relative) Mbrave pool. The extra 5% MBrave has been more noticable than I expected but when I take a 108 Attack off to try and squeeze out more Mbrave, the lower attack is very noticable! I can't imagine how disappointing she must feel to play for players who have not grinded out her artifacts yet. I often view artifacts as a nice bonus rather than mandatory and I will take whatever artifacts happen to drop for most characters but there are some where it really matters like Vayne, Serah and Ultimecia.

Ultimecia vs Emperor

Alright lets get to the real reason you are here, which character is better. Obviously I am going to cop out by not giving a real answer and instead claiming they are both different enough and why can't we all be friends.

It is true that Emperor lacks a decent HP+ and BRV+ instead using standard BRV+ hits twice and HP+ is a Brv+HP attack so right away he loses the utility that Ultimecia has and his total skill count is 15, 1 more than Ultimecia's 14 (I am including passives here) so you could say he isn't exactly dominating her in the skill count department. But wait, she gets a free skill every time she uses her EX but wait, again, because Emperor leaves a trap after his skill uses which is basically two attacks per skill activation...Yeah I'm going to call this a draw because Emperor EX places 3 traps per activation but Ultimecia takes 3 turns in a row per EX activation, 4 if you count the actual turn she triggered her EX but Emperor will trigger any active traps first upon casting his EX, you get the idea they are both extremely comparable in the burst damage department.

On the one hand, taking 4 turns in a row, or 5 if you use her AA is what allows Ultimecia to control the flow of a fight, chain breaking or chain EX spamming until she burns out of abilities and then you switch her for a friend unit has kind of become what she is known for. Need longevity? No problem, use your free skill, then HP+ or Brv+ then use a normal skill and her EX will charge again in about 3 normal attacks. Then on the other hand we look at Emperor and he doesn't need careful management because he just outputs so much damage and remember when I said Ultimecia has high iBrv and can therefore be used in more places, well Emperor EX Dreary Cell trap ignores defence and while certainly not as good it does mean that with a battery, which Ultimecia also benefits from by the way, he too can be used in some content he probably shouldn't be and oh god we are at it again.

Unlike Eight vs Machina where Eight is just a straight upgrade, Emperor is a "must pull" for anyone that missed out on Ultimecia but if you do have her it is legitimately difficult to say which is better unless you like fireworks in which case Emperor wins by a fireworks display! Bonus points if you have Basch or Kimahri as you can then use both Ultimecia and Emperor together although you will lack any attack auras (Basch has 40% Attack aura actually) they should deal enough damage combined that it doesn't matter.

See, we really all can be friends.

One thing is for sure though, both Emperor and Ultimecia blow Ace out of the water huh? Remember when he was the best magic dps on the block? Ha! How the gears of powercreep turn!

TL;DR

• Ultimecia is still viable and usable, one of the best magic DPS in the game still
  • Emperor is amazing if you don't have Ultimecia
  • Emperor is amazing if you do have Ultimecia
  • Neither character can replicate the others playstyle

As an aside, even though I have her and I love her, I haven't gotten much use out of her these days, since she relies on higher Max Brv and provided overflow to reach her full potential, and I've been very unlucky with characters that do that outside of Y'shtola, so I've seen her not pull her weight as terribly well as she should.

I gotta fix what's broken with her, she already has a crit Sphere and a Def down Sphere to compliment her framed debuff, I just need to buff up her Max Brv a whole bunch more!

Like, outside of using her with Sherlotta and changing out Y'sh on occasion, and saving her Ability 2 uses until a big Summon, I got no clue how to effectively use her without just running out of uses too quickly. Her Hp+ being as good as it is makes her longevity fine with batteries, but it makes her a more poor damage dealer to rely on it.

She excels when she uses her abilities with reckless abandon, recharging her EX after it's effects finish, but that quickly causes her to fade.

I miss Vayne, that guy had a more straight forward version of her jam, and when he comes back, he'll be the Delay President with his EX+ doing the un-break thing his Ability 2 does!

I don't want to sound ungrateful, I'm just having a lot more trouble using her to complete fights in chaos, because while using her makes it easier to meet score and turn requirements, she arguably makes most fights much harder compared to more normal DPS units, meaning the chance of a party wipe due to enemy shenanigans going too long is much higher.

With Emperor, you get her cool stuff in a more condensed (shall we say, compressed?) package, and the Delay affixed to his EX helps control the bosses in a way that benefits the whole party, not to mention how rediculously easier it is to account for Atk, in his Trap Damage, rather then overflow, in Ultimecia's equal damage ability.

They are both at the top of the Magic food chain regardless, so I'll hopefully have both of them soon, it's just strange to have such trouble with meta characters.

That just proves that this game is such an amazing Team game, it's all about making a team that works with each other! Lone wolves only go so far!

(Also, to those who hear talk about Y'shtola and feel left out, go get Y'lshtola's EX when you end up with like 9 EX characters and 15 total usable characters, there is a game mode called Dimensions End that provides up to 10 special tokens called EX tokens, that will allow you to pick an EX from a special token shop with all FF Protagonists. If you don't have Y'shtola's EX, get it there, it's very worth it and you don't need to fish or spend Weapon Tokens for her 15/35, just her incredibly broken EX/+ will do.)

Last edited:

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Doh! Got a some more tickets and of course I get Sabin's EX instead of Rosa.... I'm just impatient to learn about the global first since I like to hoard and plan out and I can't plan out which two or three meta weapons I'm going for next month without knowing what this unit will be. Although, it sounds like last time with Beatrix, she was amazing and meta so we can probably assume regardless who it is, they'll be meta? Since I'm new and need everything, odds are I'll want that unit but I'll still want to compare them to others like Rosa and Emperor depending what type of unit they are.

In other news, frown face that the new chocoboard doesn't have ingots :( I know the books are valuable though and probably even harder to get later. I'll probably just have to wait until the anniversary hits to get that last ingot for Squall. On the bright side, my Squall is strong enough now with the board nodes that I can beat Ifrit every time now even with non-friend units that only last 3 turns. I finished maxing out Ifrit's level and clearing the board with Squall, Cloud, and Vaan. I'd like to run other people through it for chests but I'm assuming I should prioritize running Squall through more boards? I've begun leveling up Ramuh with that assumption. Speaking of, is Ramuh the next most useful summon to level? I noticed most people were using Ifrit or Ramuh during the cactuar RAID with the occasional Shiva. Oh duh, I just realized you can only get those three and Leviathan it was to level 30 so I guess that's why I didn't see other summons on people.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Next raid is the FF IV CPU and will come right before Golbez LC so it should be the next event after Ultimate Brother.
Unless there is some special anniversary stuff coming up, guess we'll have to wait next livestream in 9 days for that.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
I finished maxing out Ifrit's level and clearing the board with Squall, Cloud, and Vaan. I'd like to run other people through it for chests but I'm assuming I should prioritize running Squall through more boards?

He's by far and away your strongest/geared unit, so clearing out other boards will make it easier for Squall to carry (one or more) weaker units. Just have to worry a bit about having enough CP to equip all the useful passives.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
He's by far and away your strongest/geared unit, so clearing out other boards will make it easier for Squall to carry (one or more) weaker units. Just have to worry a bit about having enough CP to equip all the useful passives.
Oh he's been carrying all along haha CP isn't an issue for him at all, it's the other two that can't equip everything I've unlocked between their lesser gear and not max lb them. I've held off taking their crystal level as high as I should too as I wait to see what units I'm about to chase and what color they want. I know Zack is black so he'll get the leftovers I've accumulated for Squall save that I need to get Squall up one more level once I can get more of the top tier crystals. Who knows what the global first will want? and I held off on going ham on WoL so I'd have the whites for Emperor just in case and also since I'll be mostly using Zack except for where WoL's abilities are more useful.

When I get the new units I'll chase, should I take them through Ifrit first? Is any summon board better than another? I assume they're pretty similar except for the esper passives and that might be enough to dictate which board I should do first. Not sure if one is more beneficial for a tank like Zack for instance but then again, he hits hard too so maybe he wants the atk passives?

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
When I get the new units I'll chase, should I take them through Ifrit first? Is any summon board better than another? I assume they're pretty similar except for the esper passives and that might be enough to dictate which board I should do first. Not sure if one is more beneficial for a tank like Zack for instance but then again, he hits hard too so maybe he wants the atk passives?

If you wanna min/max a character, go for it! It's doesn't look like they give much on paper, but those stats you unlock really add up. Yeah, Ifrit first since he's pretty easy. Believe newer summon boards tend to give more stats overall too. They're tougher of course. Passive wise, 4,5 & 7 tend to be the most useful ones in general and passive 6 for leviathan.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay, in about 5 hours my main man, the Emperor of Magic DPS, the goblin king himself, is gonna show. But, as much as it pains me to say this, we all must strive to remember:

We will have news on the Global First Character soon after Emperor shows up, and his banner will coincide with that character as well.

Do Not Pull!!! Wait until we get more detail on who the new character is, he Will wait for you!

Use this time to rock out on the Brothers Summon board, as it will appear very soon as well, and will help you get tickets and gems for Emperor and the new character when the time comes if you couldn't do much with these previous ones!

Also don't forget, even when Super Synergy is gone, it's only gonna make individual character farming half as effective. If you are anything like me and have like 500+ potions saved up from not using them, you can honestly grind for Summon points whenever, it'll just take a little longer.

Wild Points were never effected by Super Synergy, so use them for treasures if you really need them! Take your time, and your resources will build quickly! Just don't take too long, the banners are usually here for two weeks, but go away after!

I'm not taking my advice, I'm going all in on Emperor because I wanted him for the better part of a year, but you guys do you.

Here's his long-awaited Infographic, to make waiting less bearable for you because I'm a monster!

Basically all his abilities plus his EX lay traps that show up as framed debuffs, and activate useful Brv+Hp attacks that refund 20% Brv of Hp damage done when they are either depleted after an enemy turn, or reapplied with the Ability that inflicts them, or the EX that inflicts all of them.

With proper attack support, he is unstoppable. With another Emperor playing support they are insanely destructive. He wants battery and Atk aura's to help him out, and his many debuffs will make debuffing without Aura's difficult, so be wary. He may run out of ability uses if he bursts too often, and his HP+ isn't much to write home about, so try to use his Brv+ and take advantage of the fact that your traps basically dump your brave for you without making you vulnerable.

Note that he debuffs enemy speed both passively and with a debuff, and his traps all give a minor Defense down, so he can support the party partially using debuffs.

maam96fz6rb41.jpg

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
17 tickets

10905948-5e6b-4717-b3dbko2.png

Finally some good fucking luck, I'll just grab his 15/35 via power tokens and use my load of powerstones.
I have tons of power tokens and never use them anyway.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, congrats, guys! That's some great luck! I'm going to stick to my plan of waiting to see what the global first unit is but man, can't beat getting him as easily as Kouri did! That's awesome, buddy! Nice that you got both his 35cp and Firion's EX as bonuses, Madvin!

When was the stream again? The 28th?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Wow, congrats, guys! That's some great luck! I'm going to stick to my plan of waiting to see what the global first unit is but man, can't beat getting him as easily as Kouri did! That's awesome, buddy! Nice that you got both his 35cp and Firion's EX as bonuses, Madvin!

When was the stream again? The 28th?

Should be! It'll be advertised sooner or later anyway, so stay tuned!

Also, I spent 40,000 Gems trying and got Firion, ran out of gems and tried some ticket pulls for luck and got Emperor's weapon! Hooray! Now I'm gonna outfit him and set him as my support, as he is stupid powerful as a support. I'll go back to Setzer again if it helps!

Now to try to grind Brothers once it comes out tomorrow to get enough tickets to pull the new character!

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Took 13 pulls to get both

gems are hurting but I still have a good amount but 0 tickets since Barret's banner bled me dry and left me with 0 EX's for him :(

Time to reup with the brothers lvl30

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Rushed the Chaos cause I wanted to see how difficult it'd be without Emperor.

Screenshot-20200119-231951.png

Cleared with Ulti/Rosa/Faris with Setzer friend support. Ultimecia still wrecks. Had zero skills left at the end but was a clean kill. If you have Faris, she also puts in a lot of work here as her EX trap keeps your party BRV high, her dispel comes in handy when they buff DEF, and her Atk and mBRV debuffs keep the bosses neutered.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Desire sensor can go suck a dick in this game. Early chaos I pulled characters I didn't care about as much with minimum pulls. I've had to pity the last two banners and this one I sunk 240 tickets and 20k gems so far with ZERO ex drops. I want off this awful ride already. It hurt enough to get four Sabin ex before having to pity Rosa last banner.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I liked this fight because you can use a lot of different units for the clear.

I did it with rosa, ultimecia, and setzer with shiva summon. Faris also works great here as she can act like emperor with her EX trap and max brv down debuff

Just don't forget that the bosses can have instant turn rate and kill you if you don't manage their BRV. I could have finished a few turns earlier if only that damn lizard died together instead of having a pixel of health left xD

Also a bit bullshit that at the end the boss went like 3-4 times in a row and ended up doing an HP attack. Felt like it was trying to cheese and get out of my debuffs lol the same way we use instant turn rate moves to gather EX gauge or get rid of debuffs

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Spent all the Emperor's event tickets on his banner and managed to get both his EX and 35. I'm short power stones though so I mlb'd his 15 and 35 using dupes from the token exchange. That kept my gems safe so I'm ready for whoever is next for global first.

I'm really really hoping for either Red XIII or Reno. They would both be definite draws. Anyone else I'll probably wait and see what they bring to the roster.