• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ok! Got my Ifrit to level 20. Should I keep going? Should I go into the Summon Board now?

Congrats, Ifrit will be very powerful as a passive Atk Buff! I would recommend going into the Ifrit Trials to see what the fuss is about, yeah, since you need him to be at 20 to do so, and you got him there!

If you have a full party of EX's to use, especially a Dispeller if you have one, you can take on Ifrit just fine. I would reccomend getting Setzer properly kitted out if you have him, as his EX+ makes him just melt bosses at your current level.

Ifrit's Summon fight amounts to him doing insane damage to one of your guys, and charging up an AoE Brv+Hp attack to hit all at once. He even gets it off in the first turn, so if you have any healers, you'll wanna bring them to this fight!

He takes very little damage, too, due to his MASSIVE Defense buff, but if you have a character that can dispel it, he will be very vulnerable to Brv attacks. You don't need a character to have their EX to be useful if they can dispel him, but still be careful! He will put up a shield that negates ALL Hp damage when he gets enough Brv from smacking your party, and it only breaks when you break him.

That's a Summon shield, and all of them have mechanics that put one in place that can be avoided if you are careful.

Do your best to time your powerful strikes so you can take him down without wasting you most powerful moves on his shield, and you'll bring home the bacon! When you can grind his EX fight (the one right in front of him) reasonably, pop a book for experience, items, or both, and go to town! You'll be able to max the Summon Board for the characters you are using, and you'll get a few Wild Points to use on your less useful characters as well, or to round out the last few points of a board without grinding more.

Eventually you'll max out his Summon at Lvl. 30, and boy is it useful at lvl. 30. He helps the party deal so much damage, and once a Summon breaks into that bracket of levels, they come quicker and last another turn longer, so he'll help you Burst damage opponents much better too!

One last thing. If you find a Quistis Support, the one with the blond hair and the whip, use her immediately. She is absolutely DISGUSTING against the bosses, as even when she only has three turns, she can use them all to Delay a Summon 3 turns back, three turns in a row, and provide great damage and battery in the meanwhile! She'll make the fight a cakewalk if you can do some good damage with your other two characters!

Best of luck, kick his butt!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And good luck with the free pulls, I'd like a surprise Eiko EX but knowing me it's going to be a Seph dupe.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing on the Auron and Maria banner, but I got Seph's EX on the free pull. Did a couple of more pulls after that and got Eiko's EX.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Scored Sephiroth's EX on the free pull! Wow what a great start to the 2nd anniversary. 2nd free pull got Me two Maria 35 cp and a 15. I guess I need to level my Sephiroth now. How's his ex +? Also shirtless Seph costume.... god that's gonna be so popular I'm sure lol

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
That shirtless Seph costume.....whew. That may be the fastest I've bought an alt costume before lol.

Nothing on either freebie but I did spend some gems to get Eiko's. Should still have enough for Iggy later this month.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at this Chaos, it was delay bonanza with Emperor and Y'shtola with a friend Setzer, then on turn 60 it had almost no HP left, it proceed to kill Rosa who insta-revived, then the trap killed the boss.
Got a perfect clear at 800k score, now imagine without the KO/HP lost I would have got 999k maybe.
iirc each KO remove 10% of the score.

The 2 10+1 gave me 3 powerstone.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
both free pulls gave me powerstones.

5 tickets in for the eiko banner and got a dupe seth.

I should just give up because I really don't need Eiko that bad.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I want Eiko so bad since she'll rock with Vayne and Zack later, but I gotta be strong... after losing my stash to Emperor I already have 25,000 back in the pocket, and they and any other gems will be going straight to Aranea! I also maxed out my man Sephy for two reasons.

I was desperate for a good Physical DPS, and his added ability to Spd down enemies and nearly do 100K a turn is choice, and I needed to complete the Soldier Squad, and waaaaay back when I got his EX last, he was part of it. Now I'm waiting for Zack to show up and be amazing, and I'll throw down some Ingots to max his butt and not only finish the Soldier Squad (Cloud, Seph and Zack), but I'll have the first of the Two-o-Duo (Zack and Vayne) back in action!

This is exciting! I hope all you enjoy his power! His EX+ really benifits from an iBrv booster like Agrias, since it allows him to use his ability 1 to dump the massive amount of Brv he'll be making every turn with his rediculous 200% iBrv Regen.

And now that he starts with some Reunion and Jenova stacks, he can go to town or take it easy with his new powerful Hp+ much more easily! He's still a bit of a Marathon Runner, since he needs that First EX+ to max out his stacks, but after he's a one-man Wrecking Crew!

I can't even imagine how broken he'll be when he has an Imperil Enchanter backing him up, all he needs is somebody to give him that little extra damage output and he's putting out 100K-150K each turn easily! And while his EX+ is devastating to a group or pair due to it's 100% damage to all enemies, it's still pretty powerful on a single target, and basically deletes all his enemies' Brave, making it a good defensive action in bad bad situations!

Overall, I'd say he's a good pick, but I wouldn't put money on him if you are already swimming in Physical DPS or waiting on Aranea. He's good, but DPS come and go, and he definitely doesn't support the party well enough to slot into a crowd, even with his Spd down Aura. If you really want him, he'll be great in your team, but if you already have a character like Tifa, I'd look at your lineup first.

Eiko is also good, and does really nice damage during and after her EX, as well as has the niche of extending buffs like Yuna can, but she only truly buffs well with several Generic buffs, so she doesn't pair well with characters that generically self-buff. She imperils with Light to improve her damage, but she doesn't enchant the party, and very few Light characters in the future Don't Imperil their own element. So she's a solid support that can dish some hurt, just again, consider more carefully if you already have a powerful support like Rosa.

As an Addendum, you should always consider widening your party and grabbing a ton of different characters, so for some this banner is a huge deal, and that's good! I really needed an effective Physica DPS, and Cloud wasn't cutting it, so since I had Seph already, maxing him was a no brainer. Just be careful about spending too many resources if other characters, or heck, more beloved characters to you personally, start showing up soon.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Setzer completely neuters boss here. Another straightforward fight. Also Ultimecia still a beast despite being a couple of months old.

Now to go and mess around with Sephiroth and see how truly powerful he is :D I CANNOT wait for jecht to get EX+ so he and Sephiroth do crazy shenanigans again

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Setzer completely neuters boss here. Another straightforward fight. Also Ultimecia still a beast despite being a couple of months old.

Now to go and mess around with Sephiroth and see how truly powerful he is :D I CANNOT wait for jecht to get EX+ so he and Sephiroth do crazy shenanigans again

Oh do tell! I remember that both he and Sephiroth have major iBrv Regen as a part of their kit, so with a good buff to their iBrv, and the use of their Double Triggering Brv+Hp Attacks, they can deal some Serious damage!

In fact, due to this, they get a lot more out of Atk then Max Brv, since they get some solid Overflow, and it helps them max out on their second round of attacks! Definitely worth giving a shot if you already have Jecht when he comes, or you want him because he's one of the best characters, personality wise.

Seriously, play the original Dissidia games, Jecht steals the show every time he shows up, and especially when you fight as him, I love him so much.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Oh do tell! I remember that both he and Sephiroth have major iBrv Regen as a part of their kit, so with a good buff to their iBrv, and the use of their Double Triggering Brv+Hp Attacks, they can deal some Serious damage!

In fact, due to this, they get a lot more out of Atk then Max Brv, since they get some solid Overflow, and it helps them max out on their second round of attacks! Definitely worth giving a shot if you already have Jecht when he comes, or you want him because he's one of the best characters, personality wise.

Seriously, play the original Dissidia games, Jecht steals the show every time he shows up, and especially when you fight as him, I love him so much.

Nope. It's about sephiroth using his EX so jecht gets free turns

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I got Eiko in the free draw and also a copy in ticket pulls while pulling for Sephiroth.

I haven't got time yet to check her out. But any tips on how to use her? Good team composition?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I got Eiko in the free draw and also a copy in ticket pulls while pulling for Sephiroth.

I haven't got time yet to check her out. But any tips on how to use her? Good team composition?

I explained her a bit earlier, but basically she Batteries on all her abilities, and specializes in very long generic buffs. Downside is they can be pushed off easy and don't work well with characters that already self-buff with generic Atk and Max Brv buffs. But otherwise, she is a solid support, and maxed out, her EX+ can deal a solid bit of damage, make enemies weak to her main element of light, and enable one use of a Very powerful Hp+ called Double Holy.

I'd say she's a solid support option, especially since she can extend buffs by one turn using her buffing ability, which means certain characters like Vayne (unique two turn buff gives him Free Turns) and Rem (one turn buff gives her a free ability use, extend it and she gets TWO) can be made much more powerful in a more abstract way.

At the end of the day, you already have her, so consider this Infographic to help you build a team with her!

q1e3g4aliyd41.png

I'd YOLO max her out, she's rad and she is a solid addition to a lot of powerful parties.

Edit: also, somebody put up a screen shot of how Weapon Skins will work, and it's very disappointing to me personally.

umy9pk6wg1e41.png

So, I always knew we were gonna have them tied to Weapon Passives, so anything 3* or below is already unlocked, and anything 4* and above is unlocked by fully maxing that weapon and gaining it's passive.

...unfortunately, this only counts for weapons Who's Passives are Directly Usable by the Character.,

so, what this means is, you can't equip Sephiroth's 15cp to all the Greatsword users, or give Setzer the Death Tarot EX from Ace, or let the sword users use cool Rapiers from Alisaie.

It's just whichever weapon that character is directly linked to that is more your style.

Which makes this whole thing, while very appreciated, practically worthless to me. I would have settled with just 15cp Skins becoming universal if they get mastered, hell, even 4* skins. This is literally for those who wanna use the buster sword on cloud or who doesn't like the look of the EX weapons.

I hope this is just an interim step and they will figure out a way to allow for cross-character Weapon Skins eventually if demand kicks in, because clearly however they needed to program it came with some massive concessions, and it'll probably be very difficult to get it done without sufficient prodding.

Regardless, it's super rad we got it in the first place, and I really appreciate the team's hard work in committing to fan input. It's not exactly what I'd hoped for, but it is amazing and appreciated nonetheless!

Last edited:

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I explained her a bit earlier, but basically she Batteries on all her abilities, and specializes in very long generic buffs. Downside is they can be pushed off easy and don't work well with characters that already self-buff with generic Atk and Max Brv buffs. But otherwise, she is a solid support, and maxed out, her EX+ can deal a solid bit of damage, make enemies weak to her main element of light, and enable one use of a Very powerful Hp+ called Double Holy.

I'd say she's a solid support option, especially since she can extend buffs by one turn using her buffing ability, which means certain characters like Vayne (unique two turn buff gives him Free Turns) and Rem (one turn buff gives her a free ability use, extend it and she gets TWO) can be made much more powerful in a more abstract way.

At the end of the day, you already have her, so consider this Infographic to help you build a team with her!

q1e3g4aliyd41.png

I'd YOLO max her out, she's rad and she is a solid addition to a lot of powerful parties.

Edit: also, somebody put up a screen shot of how Weapon Skins will work, and it's very disappointing to me personally.

umy9pk6wg1e41.png

So, I always knew we were gonna have them tied to Weapon Passives, so anything 3* or below is already unlocked, and anything 4* and above is unlocked by fully maxing that weapon and gaining it's passive.

...unfortunately, this only counts for weapons Who's Passives are Directly Usable by the Character.,

so, what this means is, you can't equip Sephiroth's 15cp to all the Greatsword users, or give Setzer the Death Tarot EX from Ace, or let the sword users use cool Rapiers from Alisaie.

It's just whichever weapon that character is directly linked to that is more your style.

Which makes this whole thing, while very appreciated, practically worthless to me. I would have settled with just 15cp Skins becoming universal if they get mastered, hell, even 4* skins. This is literally for those who wanna use the buster sword on cloud or who doesn't like the look of the EX weapons.

I hope this is just an interim step and they will figure out a way to allow for cross-character Weapon Skins eventually if demand kicks in, because clearly however they needed to program it came with some massive concessions, and it'll probably be very difficult to get it done without sufficient prodding.

Regardless, it's super rad we got it in the first place, and I really appreciate the team's hard work in committing to fan input. It's not exactly what I'd hoped for, but it is amazing and appreciated nonetheless!

I have to work on ingots then. I got a couple of EX+ that are still at 0/3.

I should start on other Dimensions quest after completing the Brothers treasure farm.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

Eiko as a support is just slightly above average. What makes her great is pairing her with units that need their buffs extended like Vayne or Eight. That is where Eiko really shines.

So if you bring her as just a pure support, she is ok.

If you bring her to extend devastating buffs like Vayne or Eight then she is worth it for that alone

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
I like this phase of Chaos better than when I came back to the game a couple months ago after a half-year "break" (I would log in most days just to collect daily login stuff, but didn't necessarily even do 5 quests for the rewards). It's nice to have gone from needing gem revives for clears to being able to complete them with relative ease.

For the Core Chaos, I used Emperor, Ultimecia, and Rosa, all purple, with a friend Emperor and Ramuh. I had to reset a couple times with one-shots in the first few turns, but ended up completing in 56 turns with 999,999 points. Was a bit worried about making the HP requirement, but Rosa kept the team under the 20k damage taken requirement. Focused on the big orb, swapped Ultimecia for Emperor and summoned pretty early, probably around turn 16, after Ulti had done two apocalypses.

My free draws were disappointing power stones, but I was able to get both Eiko and Sephiroth's EX in about 130 tickets.

I'm not sure what weapons I will realize next. I have 5 books, so I'm itching to do a couple, but don't have any immediate need, and I feel I have pretty good coverage. Any suggestions other than "just be patient and wait until you need someone for upcoming dimension's end fights"?
  • Current Realizable: Kuja, Zell, Lyse, Basch, Vaan, Cait Sith, Barret, Kimahri, Bartz, Eiko, Sephiroth
  • EX+ 3/3: Cloud, Ultimecia, Y'shtola, Agrias, Faris, Celes, Locke, Vanille, Serah, Rosa, Tifa, Emperor, Balthier, Setzer
  • EX+ 1/3: Lilisette, Machina
  • EX+ 0/3: WoL, Squall, Tidus, Rem, Ace

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I like this phase of Chaos better than when I came back to the game a couple months ago after a half-year "break" (I would log in most days just to collect daily login stuff, but didn't necessarily even do 5 quests for the rewards). It's nice to have gone from needing gem revives for clears to being able to complete them with relative ease.

For the Core Chaos, I used Emperor, Ultimecia, and Rosa, all purple, with a friend Emperor and Ramuh. I had to reset a couple times with one-shots in the first few turns, but ended up completing in 56 turns with 999,999 points. Was a bit worried about making the HP requirement, but Rosa kept the team under the 20k damage taken requirement. Focused on the big orb, swapped Ultimecia for Emperor and summoned pretty early, probably around turn 16, after Ulti had done two apocalypses.

My free draws were disappointing power stones, but I was able to get both Eiko and Sephiroth's EX in about 130 tickets.

I'm not sure what weapons I will realize next. I have 5 books, so I'm itching to do a couple, but don't have any immediate need, and I feel I have pretty good coverage. Any suggestions other than "just be patient and wait until you need someone for upcoming dimension's end fights"?
  • Current Realizable: Kuja, Zell, Lyse, Basch, Vaan, Cait Sith, Barret, Kimahri, Bartz, Eiko, Sephiroth
  • EX+ 3/3: Cloud, Ultimecia, Y'shtola, Agrias, Faris, Celes, Locke, Vanille, Serah, Rosa, Tifa, Emperor, Balthier, Setzer
  • EX+ 1/3: Lilisette, Machina
  • EX+ 0/3: WoL, Squall, Tidus, Rem, Ace

You're good. I'd wait.

You have eight and aranea soon as well

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I got Eiko's EX on the free pull and already had Sephiroth's when he was introduced. I felt really lucky there. Dropped 15 more tickets on the Emperor and FINALLY (After about 75-100 tickets) got his EX. My luck is finally turning around in 2020.

Now if I can get Zack's EX in a few weeks I can use my EX Tokens on Ramza and my teams will be complete!

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question. I got these 5* weapons with no portraits. Is it ok to sell them?
Don't sell them - they are someone's cp15 weapon and you'll want to MLB them to get the passives (and then they will be safe to sell).

Most cp15 weapons don't have a portrait and can be equipped by other characters. This used to be more useful when we didn't automatically get a weapon with each new character's introduction.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Don't sell them - they are someone's cp15 weapon and you'll want to MLB them to get the passives (and then they will be safe to sell).

Most cp15 weapons don't have a portrait and can be equipped by other characters. This used to be more useful when we didn't automatically get a weapon with each new character's introduction.

Thanks! So my Squall finally is at lv 70 CL and he can basically solo most lv 70 quests easily. I can't quite clear WoI lv 80 quests yet tho, so I'm back to clearing all the story chapters I'm missing. Lots of content (and gems!) to go.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Thanks! So my Squall finally is at lv 70 CL and he can basically solo most lv 70 quests easily. I can't quite clear WoI lv 80 quests yet tho, so I'm back to clearing all the story chapters I'm missing. Lots of content (and gems!) to go.

Don't forget to check the Raid rewards tab for goodies! There is a section in the Missions tab that switches it to the Raid tab, and when a raid is going on, you can get rewards for contributing yourself, but also rewards from everyone's combined contributions. That means free crystals and stuff for you!

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Don't forget to check the Raid rewards tab for goodies! There is a section in the Missions tab that switches it to the Raid tab, and when a raid is going on, you can get rewards for contributing yourself, but also rewards from everyone's combined contributions. That means free crystals and stuff for you!

Yeah thanks, I've picked up a few. Which reminds me I gotta contribute later.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah thanks, I've picked up a few. Which reminds me I gotta contribute later.

I don't have the data on the Raid right now, but if it's like the others, you get a bunch of goodies for the first 2 million hp damage contributed, and the last 2 million is all Armor Tokens.

Running the EX fight with all three boosted characters is like 50,000, so that's roughly 40 co-ops to get to 2 mil. After that, the rest is gravy.

Of course, if you are confident, you can try the Chaos Co-op, but it'd be a big challenge, so you should watch out. Not something others could reliably carry you through, so only try if you manage to max out Squall with Realization, maxed 15 and 35 cp weapons for their passives, and a few Atk artifacts for good measure.

By the way, if you want a more in-depth look at how all this character upgrading goes on, here is a recent resource from the Reddit that explains it succinctly!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/ewlafh/gl_character_building_guide_for_new_players/

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Eiko as a support is just slightly above average. What makes her great is pairing her with units that need their buffs extended like Vayne or Eight. That is where Eiko really shines.

So if you bring her as just a pure support, she is ok.

If you bring her to extend devastating buffs like Vayne or Eight then she is worth it for that alone

Yeah. I'll take note on that. Just like Razzorin is saying. She seems to shine on a specific team. Can't wait to try it when Eight arrives.

I just realized recently that my Krile hasn't MLB 15cp weapon. traded power tokens for it. Paired with Sabin is just wow.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah. I'll take note on that. Just like Razzorin is saying. She seems to shine on a specific team. Can't wait to try it when Eight arrives.

I just realized recently that my Krile hasn't MLB 15cp weapon. traded power tokens for it. Paired with Sabin is just wow.

Krile really is the support of choice in fights where she can buff elemental weakness damage. She's good otherwise, especially with her cool battery EX+, but HOT DAMN does she break the cap for enchanted imperilers! Or even just characters dealing the enemy's elemental weakness!

I can't wait to get Edge to try this out with, I swear. Heck, I can't wait until Golbez finally get's his due!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Krile really is the support of choice in fights where she can buff elemental weakness damage. She's good otherwise, especially with her cool battery EX+, but HOT DAMN does she break the cap for enchanted imperilers! Or even just characters dealing the enemy's elemental weakness!

I can't wait to get Edge to try this out with, I swear. Heck, I can't wait until Golbez finally get's his due!

I don't have weapons for those. I'll have to pray my ticket luck will extend to those characters.

But I get what you mean. She is definitely a blast to play.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
By the way, I have plenty of Ingots to spare right now, so does anyone reccomend putting two towards maxing Vanille's EX+ right now? Already got her at 1/3+.

I'm gonna need her Sphere for Vayne later anyways, and her massive Def down debuff mixed with Emperor's 5% Def down Traps sounds like a massive chain-reaction waiting to happen! Plus, doing so would get me access to her relatively powerful EX+ every other turn, keeping her damage smooth.

If I hold on, though, I'll be perfectly safe to spend on characters like Eight and King if I get lucky in their banner, but at the same time, after spending two Ingots I won't be hurting for Aranea and Zack come time for them. Maybe Golbez a little.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
By the way, I have plenty of Ingots to spare right now, so does anyone reccomend putting two towards maxing Vanille's EX+ right now? Already got her at 1/3+.

I'm gonna need her Sphere for Vayne later anyways, and her massive Def down debuff mixed with Emperor's 5% Def down Traps sounds like a massive chain-reaction waiting to happen! Plus, doing so would get me access to her relatively powerful EX+ every other turn, keeping her damage smooth.

If I hold on, though, I'll be perfectly safe to spend on characters like Eight and King if I get lucky in their banner, but at the same time, after spending two Ingots I won't be hurting for Aranea and Zack come time for them. Maybe Golbez a little.

How much is "to spare"? I have 8 and feel like I'm running out and had to stop myself from maxing a few units I really wanted to max.

Also the real thing to worry is not having enough books

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
I have Vanille at 3/3, and have no regrets. Since her sphere is so useful for Vayne, I say go ahead and 3/3 her now, and take advantage of all the goodness of her EX+ long before Vayne's EX+ shows up.

Looking at the Reddit February Ingot Planner thread, it looks like we have another 4 books and 2 ingots coming this month, so that's another 6 potential ingots for upgrades.

The game does make it hard to make decisions with our limited resources.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
well wow I pulled Yuffie's EX in 10 tickets and then Eiko's ex in 15 tickets. I was going for a 35 cp dupe for Eiko to mlb it and my yuffie's kit is super incomplete. Now I can fix that maybe. Remember when Josh said gems are better for ex.... well i'm starting to really disagree hah. I think most of my ex are from tickets but to be fair I rarely ever use gems unless I have a reason to. With an excess of tickets it makes saving gems much easier. I see this being worse in the burst era, however!

Anyway, I'll probably realize both but not past 0 unless needed.

On Emperor's Chaos I got all missions done and 780k score without even using Emperor. Y'shtola/Rosa/Ultimecia all 3/3 just destroyed that fight. (I always do these chaos pretty late in the event because that's when I have time.) But yes... probably my best Chaos run yet! Nobody died ever thanks to Rosa's healing and incredible usefulness. She's seriously a monster of a character. Couple this with Y'shtola's stone delaying, ex giving everyone max brv and healing + amazing hp + attack made this super easy. Ultimecia is super beast too.... my artifacts are crap for her and I was still destroying these bosses brv with her. I ended up using a Setzer friend for the freeze and ex buffs which are insanely useful. Just for fun I also cleared it with Yuna/Rosa/Ultimecia but my score was a lot worse. I wish Yuna's brv shaving was better. Even with perfect artifacts sometimes she fails to break boss. Please give Yuna a burst weapon! I know some characters that are not main in this game that can really use them even max 3/3 ex + for the future.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
well wow I pulled Yuffie's EX in 10 tickets and then Eiko's ex in 15 tickets. I was going for a 35 cp dupe for Eiko to mlb it and my yuffie's kit is super incomplete. Now I can fix that maybe. Remember when Josh said gems are better for ex.... well i'm starting to really disagree hah. I think most of my ex are from tickets but to be fair I rarely ever use gems unless I have a reason to. With an excess of tickets it makes saving gems much easier. I see this being worse in the burst era, however!

Anyway, I'll probably realize both but not past 0 unless needed.

On Emperor's Chaos I got all missions done and 780k score without even using Emperor. Y'shtola/Rosa/Ultimecia all 3/3 just destroyed that fight. (I always do these chaos pretty late in the event because that's when I have time.) But yes... probably my best Chaos run yet! Nobody died ever thanks to Rosa's healing and incredible usefulness. She's seriously a monster of a character. Couple this with Y'shtola's stone delaying, ex giving everyone max brv and healing + amazing hp + attack made this super easy. Ultimecia is super beast too.... my artifacts are crap for her and I was still destroying these bosses brv with her. I ended up using a Setzer friend for the freeze and ex buffs which are insanely useful. Just for fun I also cleared it with Yuna/Rosa/Ultimecia but my score was a lot worse. I wish Yuna's brv shaving was better. Even with perfect artifacts sometimes she fails to break boss. Please give Yuna a burst weapon! I know some characters that are not main in this game that can really use them even max 3/3 ex + for the future.

Rng goes both ways. Early chaos I pulled a bunch of ex weapons with tickets. Now it's been about 500 tickets since my last ex and a lot of times I go 30-40 tickets without a gold. It's pretty painful.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It took like 8k gold artifact token to get the second Emperor perfect one

e80221ff-b4c9-44e0-80e1jf8.png

And that's without counting the ones from his own event, I'm so done farming this lmao
It's replacing an 108/200 so yeah, I couldn't even get 2 108/330...

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone seen a character or random video of someone you didn't know about / not interested in and was impressed and said I WANT IT?

For me it was Garland, Eight, Jecht, Jack, Trey, and maybe a couple of others I can't remember right now lol

I wasn't even looking for those units I listed above. I just happened to come across them somehow while browsing and saw what they did and saw the potential of what I could do with them.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Oh! Got from a single draw Seph's EX! And I already have his 15 and 35 CP weapons! Ahhh I need so many power stones.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh! Got from a single draw Seph's EX! And I already have his 15 and 35 CP weapons! Ahhh I need so many power stones.
Congrats! Since Squall is a AoE Dps that has a powerful single-target EX+, you now have a Single Target Dps with a Powerful AoE EX+!

It's weird though, since it fully gravity's enemy Brave to zero without breaking, and does equal damage depending on his current Atk, but very useful!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone seen a character or random video of someone you didn't know about / not interested in and was impressed and said I WANT IT?

For me it was Garland, Eight, Jecht, Jack, Trey, and maybe a couple of others I can't remember right now lol

I wasn't even looking for those units I listed above. I just happened to come across them somehow while browsing and saw what they did and saw the potential of what I could do with them.
Same for me with Eight, Jack, and Trey.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It took like 8k gold artifact token to get the second Emperor perfect one

e80221ff-b4c9-44e0-80e1jf8.png

And that's without counting the ones from his own event, I'm so done farming this lmao
It's replacing an 108/200 so yeah, I couldn't even get 2 108/330...

yeah I ran out of Gil trying for my artifacts. I'm still trying to perfect Rosa and others! xD

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I managed to farm all 5 perfect artifacts for Yuna in about 3 hours yesterday. RNG was on my side.

Pulled 5 double cursed artifacts on the way to a 2x 108/aura 3x double cursed. Actually ended up throwing out a double cursed art, which I swear I never thought I'd do, ever.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hope you guys are ready for Golbez and Seven! They are coming soon!

Golbez is amazing when he comes out, specifically because of how much damage he is capible of due to his natural ability to inflict Imperil for his own element, dark, as well as a new buff he gains through his EX+ that gives him additional damage when hitting weakness, 50% more actually!

Now that he starts with his EX charged, and gains a free ability use after, he can smash encounters with his now Triple Meteor and use his abilities with more reckless abandon, allowing more consistent damage output!

His only downsides are the fact that against enemies at all resistant to dark, he can't deal effective damage or give them a weakness to exploit. He also doesn't enchant, and most characters that do dark damage are damage dealers themselves, so he doesn't give a ton of utility to other party members. His mixed damage types were a weakness that is now fixed due to how elemental weakness overrides type weakness. He also now has like 4 active buffs, so he may have trouble with generic damage buffs or huge party buffs.

I reccomend building around his damage output rather then just sloting him in. Due to his power up, he makes a super great alternative to Squall and Setzer for grinding stuff like Cactuars and Artifact Tokens. He also works well with Leon if you have him, since he benefits from dark Imperil and provides a more defensive role for the party, though as an EX only character his power is tenuous.

He doesn't get that much better when batteried, despite having a double Hp attack, but it still helps. Here's their Infographics to learn more!

sjt3jfg85qe41.png

Seven deals good damage, and can take advantage of different weakness and double attack when focused on a single target! She also now recovers an ability 1 use from her EX+, making her a much more longer lasting character should you play her right! Only problem is, as good as 50% Def down is, she HAS to keep attacking the same enemy, since if she switches targets she has to start all over again.

Pretty powerful, useful with battery due to double hitting EX+ and Ability 2, so battery friendly, and helps others do damage by reducing enemy Defense and Speed. Definitely a good character to go for!

ao5067674qe41.png