• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I honestly want to max out Golbez, but I gotta give it a little time first. I just maxed out Sephiroth, and my boy ZACK ATTACK BABY is coming out soon enough, and Aranea is gonna be a hot contender for my attention soon too! this month is gonna be stacked to the gills with powerful attackers, and I gotta be a little decerning until the smoke clears.

Definitely gonna give him a book though, everyone I love gets a book! And I love a lot of Final Fantasy characters!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
I'm only down to 5 ingots now, and I'm hoping to max Golbez, Zack, and Aranea. With the anniversary rewards, I should have enough, but damn, I don't think I'll be able to max Terra as I hoped, or later Yuri when he comes.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
God, I just wanna put a bunch of Ingots into Basch and Balthier and Vanille, why does there gotta be so many cool characters I want coming out right now!

7qu4nlm7afd41.jpg

My current plan, Book Golbez, Book and Max ZACK FAIR, Book Aranea and wait on Ingots until her rad moveset is confirmed, and maybe try to ticket Gau and Eight a little until Mid March, when Pandemonium shows up and I can try for Penelo and Edge.

Pande's banner is the only one next month I'm really interested, unless I get lucky with Lulu, so hopefully I can max some characters out around that time and have a good spread going.

April is similar, I only really wanna pull on Leo and MY MAN, GALUF, THE GRANDPA GUARDIAN, since I have Beatrix, Vayne and Cecil (PLD). I never knew how Seymour shook out, but he's one of my favorite villains ever so I'm down to ticket him a little. I saved my EX Shop tokens for potentially Noctis when he gets his EX+ if he's stupid rad, otherwise Lightning might get it. Also, I really hope I can ticket Fran, she's super rad.

May is... kinda weird. I have Ramza, but I kinda want his banner mate, Jack. I missed Noel, and I'm interested in Caius, but I'll already have solid attackers then. Lost chapter pics aren't my jam, but the triple banner with Edge, Hope and Lightning is a goddamn showstealer, I wanna pull on that sucker so bad. I hope it'll be worth a pity if I get down to it. Also I would like Wakka, since he's rad and has a great moveset.

June is where shit really starts getting off the rails, as it has a super rad support, Arciela, FFXI Red Mage Flourish Extraordinaire, gotta have her if I can! Right after is the Selkie Slingshot himself, Keiss, who's launch mechanics make him a goddamn unique beast. Both have less interesting bannermates, so I hope I'm lucky with them. I'll also finally cash in with Lenna so that's rad, loved her when she was amazing. I'm also interested in pulling for Fujin, because I love her style as a solid Enchant Imperiler, and hopefully I can snag Cyan along the way! I already have the Clown Prince, but I might be tempted to ticket his buddy Cloud of Darkness, given her strange and radical power.

July is where the majority of my investments come home to roost in amazing characters, right at the tail-end of Chaos. Garnet will finally be useful again after more then a year, and will have a rad EX+ Animation to boot, Quistis will get battery added to all her moves and deal disgusting amounts of damage all the time, while taking back the crown as Delay Queen of my heart, and Sherlotta finally gets the stat update she deserves, making her a Gamechanger in the late Chaos. New characters are good, but I'm not that hung up on getting them, I may be convinced otherwise when the time comes.

After that comes the LD's and the BURST weapons, so hopefully I'll get lucky and finally start using Squall around that time! I'm not too worried about pulling Burst, those things are mostly lucky breaks, and I don't wanna pity one unless I REALLY REALLY want the character they are for, which in all likelihood will be Ardyn because I love that despicable hobo god.

Also, thanks for reading!

I know I was just rambling and figuring out my path, but I hope it helps you in finding yours!

Best of luck with your pulls and tickets too! Look up some of these characters in the Dissidia Database for some info on how they will operate, and hopefully you'll get who you desire!

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Power stone on free draw (Laguna 15cp). I'll probably throw some tickets at the banner, but need to conserve resources for other banners.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I am surprised I got an EX that I don't have in the free draw, but it's seven...so yea

Another easy chaos fight here. Did Tifa, Cloud, Ysh

The issue with this boss is that he can dispel you a few times throughout the fight, but since it's only one boss then it is easy to just delay him and paralyze him so he doesn't dispel you. Also make sure you have enough brv on at least 1 person before you kill him the first time

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got emperor dude's EX with my free draw, lol.

I've been trying for Seph's all week :(.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
3 powerstones from free draw. Didn't really need an EX here, so I'm cool with that.

Also I didn't consider this combo before, but 3/3 Golbez and 3/3 Krile absolutely decimate summon fights with all that initial burst, since both have EX at quest start. Plus those two have great synergy together.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I managed to farm all 5 perfect artifacts for Yuna in about 3 hours yesterday. RNG was on my side.

Pulled 5 double cursed artifacts on the way to a 2x 108/aura 3x double cursed. Actually ended up throwing out a double cursed art, which I swear I never thought I'd do, ever.

Nice! Meanwhile even though I have 3 cursed characters all maxed I can't get crap for Rosa still! Been farming the event all week now I'm doing tokens .... lol. It feels like my luck with non cursed is worse lately. Anyhow I hope you enjoy Yunie :3

Lol my free draw was seven 35 cp. nothing noteworthy. I think I'm gonna do tickets for Golbez to get his kit running and who knows maybe I'll get his ex. Congrats all who got golbez ex or Seven on the free draw though!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Got Golbez EX on the free draw yay! Also got Seven's EX in 80 tickets.

Now I have to think carefully how l would spend my powerstones cause I have 5 EX yet to realize. I'll probably wait until Eight's banner.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I explained her a bit earlier, but basically she Batteries on all her abilities, and specializes in very long generic buffs. Downside is they can be pushed off easy and don't work well with characters that already self-buff with generic Atk and Max Brv buffs. But otherwise, she is a solid support, and maxed out, her EX+ can deal a solid bit of damage, make enemies weak to her main element of light, and enable one use of a Very powerful Hp+ called Double Holy.

I'd say she's a solid support option, especially since she can extend buffs by one turn using her buffing ability, which means certain characters like Vayne (unique two turn buff gives him Free Turns) and Rem (one turn buff gives her a free ability use, extend it and she gets TWO) can be made much more powerful in a more abstract way.

At the end of the day, you already have her, so consider this Infographic to help you build a team with her!

q1e3g4aliyd41.png

I'd YOLO max her out, she's rad and she is a solid addition to a lot of powerful parties.

Edit: also, somebody put up a screen shot of how Weapon Skins will work, and it's very disappointing to me personally.

umy9pk6wg1e41.png

So, I always knew we were gonna have them tied to Weapon Passives, so anything 3* or below is already unlocked, and anything 4* and above is unlocked by fully maxing that weapon and gaining it's passive.

...unfortunately, this only counts for weapons Who's Passives are Directly Usable by the Character.,

so, what this means is, you can't equip Sephiroth's 15cp to all the Greatsword users, or give Setzer the Death Tarot EX from Ace, or let the sword users use cool Rapiers from Alisaie.

It's just whichever weapon that character is directly linked to that is more your style.

Which makes this whole thing, while very appreciated, practically worthless to me. I would have settled with just 15cp Skins becoming universal if they get mastered, hell, even 4* skins. This is literally for those who wanna use the buster sword on cloud or who doesn't like the look of the EX weapons.

I hope this is just an interim step and they will figure out a way to allow for cross-character Weapon Skins eventually if demand kicks in, because clearly however they needed to program it came with some massive concessions, and it'll probably be very difficult to get it done without sufficient prodding.

Regardless, it's super rad we got it in the first place, and I really appreciate the team's hard work in committing to fan input. It's not exactly what I'd hoped for, but it is amazing and appreciated nonetheless!

Is there a collection of infographics like this for all of the characters?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Is there a collection of infographics like this for all of the characters?
Oh for sure, there is an online album continually updated with these as they come out!

They are really only for the first time these guys show up, and they usually come out a day or two before a banner where they get a new EX+, but they are there if you need some advice on the character, or happen to get an older one's EX somehow!

Here it is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dffoo/

Plus there is advice for farming the Summon Boards as well, so that's always useful!

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh for sure, there is an online album continually updated with these as they come out!

They are really only for the first time these guys show up, and they usually come out a day or two before a banner where they get a new EX+, but they are there if you need some advice on the character, or happen to get an older one's EX somehow!

Here it is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dffoo/

Plus there is advice for farming the Summon Boards as well, so that's always useful!

This is awesome! Thank you. :)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The new JP difficulty, Lufenia, might make me quit this game.
Chaos is already a slog with clear taking at least 15 mins, without counting reset when you f*ckup, here's the new difficulty :

Fights are almost 30 mins now, that's really crazy wth. Hopefully it's just Eight's LC that is like that so I'll wait and see how the next one is going to be.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chaos is already a slog with clear taking at least 15 mins, without counting reset when you f*ckup, here's the new difficulty :

Fights are almost 30 mins now, that's really crazy wth. Hopefully it's just Eight's LC that is like that so I'll wait and see how the next one is going to be.

Characters can break damage limit in JP without using their burst weapon now?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

like I said my worst fear for this game is the Burst era and how they will handle the new difficulty but I trust the amazing global team to make it somewhat manageable. But yeah it does seem like this is going the route of a premier gacha in JP specifically. This fight looks absolutely brutal and it looks to me like WoL and Eight are required. But there are free pulls on Burst banner in JP. I think that's really generous, personally. Given that rate is super low I think players that took advantage to save such as yourself will likely have it the easiest. I get that this looks like a complete slog but I've always thought this game is a battle of endurance. But yeah I wouldn't quit after all the time spent as I've said months ago. Even then... it looks like the fight is double in length because of Eight countering every enemy attack. But even if i'm unable to complete this content when the time comes i'm still going to support the game.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hmm, here's another video and it's only seventeen minutes.

But yeah, fights are going to get harder.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

Fights didn't increase time too much from what I saw already. I wish this game wasn't on mobile so they can go crazy with some of the ideas for it.

Kinda interested in new difficulty mechanic where there is a countdown timer if you don't meet certain requirements during fight.

Characters can break damage limit in JP without using their burst weapon now?

Only with new armor and I think only 15% over 9999

like I said my worst fear for this game is the Burst era and how they will handle the new difficulty but I trust the amazing global team to make it somewhat manageable. But yeah it does seem like this is going the route of a premier gacha in JP specifically. This fight looks absolutely brutal and it looks to me like WoL and Eight are required. But there are free pulls on Burst banner in JP. I think that's really generous, personally. Given that rate is super low I think players that took advantage to save such as yourself will likely have it the easiest. I get that this looks like a complete slog but I've always thought this game is a battle of endurance. But yeah I wouldn't quit after all the time spent as I've said months ago. Even then... it looks like the fight is double in length because of Eight countering every enemy attack. But even if i'm unable to complete this content when the time comes i'm still going to support the game.

I'm still not sure what you're worried about? You know there have been completes without even using BT right? And there is literally a BT weapon on every single banner from now on in jp.

If you wanna complain then you should complain about challenge missions where you need a full synergy to get a perfect. Even then it's fine since you still get nuggets for win and miss out on 100 gems if you don't have full synergy

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, it's good to see you don't have to have your own Burst to do these. On the other, that encounter length can get pretty bad. The devs have been pretty good at balancing/taking player feedback overall at least..hopefully that continues during the LD/Burst era.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wait and see indeed, more skills = more boss HP = more time taken to clear quest.
At least it's once and done until the next event 3/4 days later.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
wow...that was unexpected.

for funsies I threw 10 tickets to the Seph+Eiko Banner. I...have her EX. That means I have Seph's EX, 15, 35 and Eiko's EX. I was actually saving for Ignis, Zack and Arenea and now I wonder if I should just keep pulling on Seph to get Eiko's 15 and 35 and maybe dupes to finally LB all this loot.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
wow...that was unexpected.

for funsies I threw 10 tickets to the Seph+Eiko Banner. I...have her EX. That means I have Seph's EX, 15, 35 and Eiko's EX. I was actually saving for Ignis, Zack and Arenea and now I wonder if I should just keep pulling on Seph to get Eiko's 15 and 35 and maybe dupes to finally LB all this loot.

Well, maybe a FEW more, but it'd be a waste to go too far when you can use Weapon Tokens to get her other weapons eventually anyway. Hold onto most of those tickets in case you get lucky again!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Get ready Y'all! The king of constant ability use and the other king of short-lived yet very powerful counters are showing up soon!

Here are their infographics for more info!

King basically just does damage. iBrv Regen, followed by four powerful hits and an Hp Attack. Because of how his kit operates, he only needs to spam his Ability 1 before his Ability 2 "Reloads" his first ability... Completely. Then, his EX+ recharges in like 3 ability uses too, and is pretty powerful! He's also has a strange Last Stand effect that keeps him from getting broken if he's got at least Half Max Brv, so batteries, get to work if he's a target!

Best of all? He gets FREE TURNS if he breaks an enemy, once a turn. (That means he doesn't get another during a free turn, so watch your fire, and make sure to target the same enemy twice!)

Recommended with others that can give his iBrv Regen and Atk a boost, so he can consistently hit higher damage and shave more Brave from enemies! And especially others that can give him a chance to keep those free turns coming, like Ultimecia or Vayne padding out the enemy's unbreak time, or somebody that single targets enemies most of the time, or supports.

bnpoga6dm6f41.png

Eight has some heavy hitting attacks, but his Heaviest comes from his major counter, which dodged attacks and smacks the enemy with a powerful counter! Unfortunately, he doesn't taunt and the counter buff is only 2 turns, which sucks since one of his buffs makes him take WAY more damage from both Brv and Hp Attacks.

If you can't afford to have it extended with Eiko or Yuna, then you'll wanna wait until he can take advantage of it. It works on ANY attack, so save it up until you know he's one of the targets if you can!

He's Way too quick for his own good, so get rid of his speed passive for c.lvl 10, and try to make good use of his Massive Defense debuff and pair him with anyone who hits a bunch and could use the boost. He practically NEEDS somebody extending his EX+ buff, so consider keeping Yuna or Eiko on his team, and he doesn't want spotlight hogs, so anyone who can survive getting murdered without using Taunts will be helpful.

Let me know if Basch taking his damage for him, technically, counts for reprisals, they could be a good duo!

mluo6kp7l6f41.png

By the way, don't be afraid to add anything you notice or like about these characters when I bring them up, it's fun to work out crazy strategies or unseen powermoves, like using Krile with the Ramuh Summon to massively power up Non-Elemental characters during Summon!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm still not sure what you're worried about? You know there have been completes without even using BT right? And there is literally a BT weapon on every single banner from now on in jp.

If you wanna complain then you should complain about challenge missions where you need a full synergy to get a perfect. Even then it's fine since you still get nuggets for win and miss out on 100 gems if you don't have full synergy

Yeah, I've complained about that before for sure. Oh I didn't know you can clear without BT! That's a relief maybe! I just dont want to have to pull on every single burst weapon when they arrive. It seems like the LD is going to be more important going forward especially now with those overflow armour and I like that. Personally, I hope BT goes to other characters too besides main and main villains. The EX plus roster and LD is extremely useful from what I read but I want that extra cool damage xD. Anyway, we will cross that bridge when we get there but right now you're right and I shouldn't worry.

also GOD DAMN AT THAT SOLO VIDEO. WHAT

and also... after watching that I got Eight EX on the free pull. Cool.

oh and also Brothers Chaos is such a LONGGGGGGG FIGHT. Ugh, I really didn't like it. They have like one hp attack or something. It took foreverrrr because they kept spamming brotherly love. I had to use Vanille to dispell but even then it was so bad. I dont think I want to reattempt it. All I'm missing from it is 100 gems so yeah.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Managed to get Eight's EX on a few tickets! Thank god, I'm kinda interested in trying his kit out. Now I'm fighting myself thinking I need to grab Eiko's EX to make sure I can actually make use of his EX Buff, but I don't have that many tickets on hand...

I mean, I didn't put much work into the Summons these days, so I got a ton of Potential tickets available, but like, I already have Sephiroth Maxed out, so I don't know if it's worth the trouble...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I finished about 70 characters on the Brothers grind btw. I have no patience grinding the undergeared characters but it is good enough for me.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Took 3 tries to get this Chaos's score requirement, looks like it's made just for Eight haha.
Golbez destroy it but not enough for the score (400 points under the score, because IT ALWAYS HAPPEN), then Ultimecia still couldn't do it (3k under), 2x Emperor did the trick because of the increased number of launches.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Eight is a MONSTER! Holy shit!!!

I used Eight, Ysh, King. Basically this team cannot die.

So I decided I would narrate my videos today and was a horrible day to start since I was trying to figure out how to play Eight and King and as such you can see my focus was all over the place lol. Having to learn what 2 new units do, in a chaos stage, and talk all at the same time was not a good combo :P

Now only Aranea left to pull this month, then time to save up for March!

Yeah, I've complained about that before for sure. Oh I didn't know you can clear without BT! That's a relief maybe! I just dont want to have to pull on every single burst weapon when they arrive. It seems like the LD is going to be more important going forward especially now with those overflow armour and I like that. Personally, I hope BT goes to other characters too besides main and main villains. The EX plus roster and LD is extremely useful from what I read but I want that extra cool damage xD. Anyway, we will cross that bridge when we get there but right now you're right and I shouldn't worry.

also GOD DAMN AT THAT SOLO VIDEO. WHAT

and also... after watching that I got Eight EX on the free pull. Cool.

oh and also Brothers Chaos is such a LONGGGGGGG FIGHT. Ugh, I really didn't like it. They have like one hp attack or something. It took foreverrrr because they kept spamming brotherly love. I had to use Vanille to dispell but even then it was so bad. I dont think I want to reattempt it. All I'm missing from it is 100 gems so yeah.

I mean multiple people in this thread kept saying you don't need BT for months now and everything has been completed without BT since BT came out. The real prize is LD.

Also you are struggling with brothers because you are using Vanille. You need to use Yuffie, Cloud, Faris, or Balthier since Vanille is magic and brothers resist magic

Personally, I hope BT goes to other characters too besides main and main villains.

Translation: SE pls give my girl Yunie a BT uwu

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Pulled King in the free pull. Used gems for Eight and got his EX without the need to pity. Now I need to build my stash for Aranea. I wonder who her will be in her banner. Any guesses?

I enjoyed Eight a lot. The only downside is there no lock debuff. Also his AA it's difficult to extend his Phantom Rush. It quite annoying that his Lightspeed Jab+ is an instant turn it makes almost no sense to work with this buff. He does need Eiko.

I think someone mentioned Yuna has buff extenders too? I haven't upgraded her EX yet cause I'm saving my resources for Ignis, Zack and Aranea. How does she stack in the meta?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Pulled King in the free pull. Used gems for Eight and got his EX without the need to pity. Now I need to build my stash for Aranea. I wonder who her will be in her banner. Any guesses?

I enjoyed Eight a lot. The only downside is there no lock debuff. Also his AA it's difficult to extend his Phantom Rush. It quite annoying that his Lightspeed Jab+ is an instant turn it makes almost no sense to work with this buff. He does need Eiko.

I think someone mentioned Yuna has buff extenders too? I haven't upgraded her EX yet cause I'm saving my resources for Ignis, Zack and Aranea. How does she stack in the meta?

Unfortunately she doesn't make great use of her turns, due to her abilities being somewhat underwhelming, especially considering we are coming into a period where more buffers have free turn buffs, but she's still an effective enough support with an interesting Character Buff giving her great Brv+ and Hp+. Here's the Infographic to learn more!

idurnv4iym941.png

By the way, does anyone have a list of characters that Astoundingly benefit from buff extension? It would be a helpful resource!

I know Rem gets another free ability, Vayne gets a free turn, and Eight can protect himself and counter much more often. I think Alisaie is also given another free ability?

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Free pull got me some powerstones and Eight's 35CP.

50ish tickets got me nothing. I want this EX damnit.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately she doesn't make great use of her turns, due to her abilities being somewhat underwhelming, especially considering we are coming into a period where more buffers have free turn buffs, but she's still an effective enough support with an interesting Character Buff giving her great Brv+ and Hp+. Here's the Infographic to learn more!

idurnv4iym941.png

By the way, does anyone have a list of characters that Astoundingly benefit from buff extension? It would be a helpful resource!

I know Rem gets another free ability, Vayne gets a free turn, and Eight can protect himself and counter much more often. I think Alisaie is also given another free ability?
Yuna's fine. She's the best auto-farmer in the game and still CHAOS viable. I completed Eight's CHAOS with Yuna, Eight, and Tifa.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017

idurnv4iym941.png

Yuna's fine. She's the best auto-farmer in the game and still CHAOS viable. I completed Eight's CHAOS with Yuna, Eight, and Tifa.

Pretty though to decide. I guess I check my roster first and decide whether I'll dive in on Yuna or not.
I also haven't checked auto-farming yet or what it does.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty though to decide. I guess I check my roster first and decide whether I'll dive in on Yuna or not.
I also haven't checked auto-farming yet or what it does.
Don't dive in on Yuna unless you're willing to farm cursed arts.

Auto-farming is using the auto button to run content like cycle quests or the artifact dungeon without manually having to interact with the game. At 3/3 EX+, Yuna's BRV attack is an battery+HP attack and her HP attack is an AOE BRV+HP attack.

While typing this response, my Yuna ran the artifact dungeon 3.5 times.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

Don't invest in Yuna. Everyone does her job better.

You also don't need to extend Eight buffs every single time. It's not like he is being targeted every single time. If you need an extender than I suggest Eiko, as she goes great with Eight. But his AA works if you need to extend for an emergency.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Don't dive in on Yuna unless you're willing to farm cursed arts.

Auto-farming is using the auto button to run content like cycle quests or the artifact dungeon without manually having to interact with the game. At 3/3 EX+, Yuna's BRV attack is an battery+HP attack and her HP attack is an AOE BRV+HP attack.

While typing this response, my Yuna ran the artifact dungeon 3.5 times.
Another one of them, no thanks. I'm fine with only Serah.
Though I think I have some of Yuna's cursed artifacts that I got from previous banners.

Don't invest in Yuna. Everyone does her job better.

You also don't need to extend Eight buffs every single time. It's not like he is being targeted every single time. If you need an extender than I suggest Eiko, as she goes great with Eight. But his AA works if you need to extend for an emergency.

Fortunately I have Eiko at 3/3. Make sense not dive in Yuna.