• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I hope BT goes to other characters too besides main and main villains.
I disagree, because I really don't think it's needed. BT weapons are nice, but it looks like the real prizes for a lot of the banners are the LD weapons.

Besides, you can only use one BT weapon per battle. I don't see the point in everyone having one.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Translation: SE pls give my girl Yunie a BT uwu

You're not wrong!

Anyhow, nice video per usual. And in my defense.... for brothers I dont have Cloud's world of illusion weapon MLB, and I wasn't sure if building Yuffie for one fight was worth it. I also do have Faris and Balthier though but at 0/3 without their 35 cps mlb. Sounds like Eight is really good though so I may build him since I have his ex. I do have an excess of power stones though. I should probably look at maxing another dispeller since I remember you saying you need more than 1.

also is Sephiroth or Golbez better to max for damage atm? I got Golbez's entire kit but not his ex off 100 tickets and since he really needs the ex I'll keep trying.

Yuna's fine. She's the best auto-farmer in the game and still CHAOS viable. I completed Eight's CHAOS with Yuna, Eight, and Tifa.

My only problem I have sometimes with her in Chaos is BRV shaving when the boss activates their crazy defense mechanics. Full boards and perfect artifacts also.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
You're not wrong!

Anyhow, nice video per usual. And in my defense.... for brothers I dont have Cloud's world of illusion weapon MLB, and I wasn't sure if building Yuffie for one fight was worth it. I also do have Faris and Balthier though but at 0/3 without their 35 cps mlb. Sounds like Eight is really good though so I may build him since I have his ex. I do have an excess of power stones though. I should probably look at maxing another dispeller since I remember you saying you need more than 1.

also is Sephiroth or Golbez better to max for damage atm? I got Golbez's entire kit but not his ex off 100 tickets and since he really needs the ex I'll keep trying.

My only problem I have sometimes with her in Chaos is BRV shaving when the boss activates their crazy defense mechanics. Full boards and perfect artifacts also.

You should totally get cloud's woi. Not for brothers but just in general. Also why did you not max any of your dispellers??? Literally every other fight we have been getting needed a dispeller, and 3 of the 6 DE stages recommend having a dispeller.

But either way you cannot use vanille for brothers because she is a magic based dispeller. So either Faris or Baltheir will work. Baltheir is also a great DPS, so I would choose him personally because I like to play offensively.

Both Sephiroth and Golbez are amazing dps. For raw power I would go with Golbez, but in the right set up Sephiroth can easily do 150k damage everytime he uses Fervent Blow.

Also Golbez can imperil (which can be a good and bad)
Sephiroth can do gravity attacks

I personally like Sephiroth more, but if I had to be honest I would tell you to focus on Golbez instead

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
You should totally get cloud's woi. Not for brothers but just in general. Also why did you not max any of your dispellers??? Literally every other fight we have been getting needed a dispeller, and 3 of the 6 DE stages recommend having a dispeller.

But either way you cannot use vanille for brothers because she is a magic based dispeller. So either Faris or Baltheir will work. Baltheir is also a great DPS, so I would choose him personally because I like to play offensively.

Both Sephiroth and Golbez are amazing dps. For raw power I would go with Golbez, but in the right set up Sephiroth can easily do 150k damage everytime he uses Fervent Blow.

Also Golbez can imperil (which can be a good and bad)
Sephiroth can do gravity attacks

I personally like Sephiroth more, but if I had to be honest I would tell you to focus on Golbez instead

I only maxed Vanille but not purple. Now that I have suggestions from you though I'll go with Balthier. Should I purple him or keep him 0/3? I just need his 35 cp maxed then. And yeah, Sephiroth and Golbez's in co op have been really fun to see. They do so much damage! I'm gonna keep chasing Golbez's EX then!

Also I recently purple Tifa 3/3 so I hope that was a good investment.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I only maxed Vanille but not purple. Now that I have suggestions from you though I'll go with Balthier. Should I purple him or keep him 0/3? I just need his 35 cp maxed then. And yeah, Sephiroth and Golbez's in co op have been really fun to see. They do so much damage! I'm gonna keep chasing Golbez's EX then!

Also I recently purple Tifa 3/3 so I hope that was a good investment.

Your girl tifa is safe :p she is still a dps goddess. I did a run with her for eight chaos without any synergy and she still outperforms most other dps. A fight like Eights is made for tifa to shine in

Balthier really needs 3/3 since he is a dps. At 3/3 he gains overflow, more hits, and higher potency. He will pretty much hit for 99999 damage at 3/3 almost always

Good luck with getting Golbez :)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Your girl tifa is safe :p she is still a dps goddess. I did a run with her for eight chaos without any synergy and she still outperforms most other dps. A fight like Eights is made for tifa to shine in

Balthier really needs 3/3 since he is a dps. At 3/3 he gains overflow, more hits, and higher potency. He will pretty much hit for 99999 damage at 3/3 almost always

Good luck with getting Golbez :)

Oh, now you are convincing ME to max out Balthier! I really should, I wanna make sure I have an effective Physical Debuffer right now before Vayne takes that crown. He'll get some good use!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Oh, now you are convincing ME to max out Balthier! I really should, I wanna make sure I have an effective Physical Debuffer right now before Vayne takes that crown. He'll get some good use!

Don't forget Balthier doesn't apply debuffs (although his EX buff applies a debuff aura which is nice) like Faris and Vanille. He's strictly more dispel + damage (with the added gimmick of buff steals). He also still puts out good damage at 1/3 ingots I find. He loses the buffs at quest start at 2/3 (his ramp up time is not too bad), and loses out on EX potency at 3/3, but his EX Fires of War will still do 60-70k AOE. If I ever get more ingots to spare though, he's the next in line to max, since the extra 30k damage on his EX is doubled/tripled in value on multi-target fights. But if you need to budget, you can definitely use him to clear DE stages at 1/3.

I did get King EX after about 20 tickets, but I'm so starved on ingots, I'm not sure if I'm going to spend more to get his other weapons. He seems really strong though from videos I've seen. Decisions, decisions...

And as a separate aside, Celes is proving to be my unsung hero through many Chaos fights over the past month and a half. She was not really discussed much when her EX+ came out, probably because she came right after Yshtola. And it's not even just her Runic cheese. I didn't expect her to be such a strong damage dealer with great longevity as a tank. Going to miss using her when she gets supplanted by Zack in a week!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ah sick, I threw a bunch of tickets at the Seph banner and got Eiko's EX. Everything's coming up Razorrin!

Gonna realize her EX and see how useful she'll be with Eight eventually. I'm glad I got her now so I can use her sweet extension tricks with other characters eventually!

Edit: Oh Shit, I just found out, Apparently, due to how Eiko's buff extension is passive with her providing a buff, meaning it works on Smite and her EX, and how Yuna extends buffs actively, with Esuna, they can work together!

Which means, if you wanna use them with Edge, who's EX+ buff provides near complete evasion, then you can have your team survive indefinitely! Or, they can combo with a character who get's free turns or ability uses like Vayne or Alisaie and have their lack of consistent damage output be made irrelevant by rediculously consistent damage of one DPS!

Man, I hope I luck out on Yuna one of these days, hopefully this works out! Regardless, I'm looking forward to getting Edge next month, I can tell you that for free!

Oh, also, if you want Ultimecia to last indefinitely without having to use up her ability uses, Eiko's extension gives her the extra turn needed to keep her buffs up after EX+, even if she's only used her free ability and Hp+.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Is it worth it to do the new member gem sales?

While I appreciate how much this game's devs have done for it for a long while, I would say that you don't want to spend money on the gems, no.

Or really, anything in this unless you are doing it because you like the game and how nice the devs are being.

Gem sales are all terrible, you barely get anything from them. You could play the game for 15 minutes, going through beginner story content, and get as many gems as you could pay 20 bucks for, and there is a hell of a lot more then 15 minutes of content to play as a beginner!

Avoid them. Don't pay money until you get far enough into the game where you start to understand what's really worth your cash. This is a very, VERY Free-Player friendly game, and it's in your best financial interest that it stays that way, which it has and will continue to be.

No Execptions. Best part of the game is that you don't HAVE to buy anything to get anywhere, so do not do so, just enjoy the game at your own pace. If you need resources, ask and we'll help you find them!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
While I appreciate how much this game's devs have done for it for a long while, I would say that you don't want to spend money on the gems, no.

Or really, anything in this unless you are doing it because you like the game and how nice the devs are being.

Gem sales are all terrible, you barely get anything from them. You could play the game for 15 minutes, going through beginner story content, and get as many gems as you could pay 20 bucks for, and there is a hell of a lot more then 15 minutes of content to play as a beginner!

Avoid them. Don't pay money until you get far enough into the game where you start to understand what's really worth your cash. This is a very, VERY Free-Player friendly game, and it's in your best financial interest that it stays that way, which it has and will continue to be.

No Execptions. Best part of the game is that you don't HAVE to buy anything to get anywhere, so do not do so, just enjoy the game at your own pace. If you need resources, ask and we'll help you find them!

I'm so stoked because I'm really enjoying it, it is the perfect mobile game I was looking for.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So excited
Any tips? I am using Cloud Sephiroth and Leon but I want Noctis the most. Is there any reason I shouldn't use my favorite character

I am gonna assume that you are new?

At the beginning and until you get to cosmos stages any team can work. But as you get to endgame content you will need more specialized units.

I am the only person in this thread who has no favorites, so I will give you an unbiased view.

To do endgame content you will need at least 9 different units that specialize in something (healer, tank, magic dps, melee dps, dispeller, launcher, etc)

You basically cannot play the game with the same units over and over as the game gets power crept very very frequently. The good news is that there is no bad unit since older units get buffed and newer units replace older units

For example I will give you cloud.

This guy went from top tier to bottom tier at least 3 different times in the last 2 years. This basically applies to every unit in the game. Usually a unit is good for 2-3 months before they get powercrept (supports tend to last longer, and dps last less)

For your specific example noctis is dead right now in the game and he comes back in about 2 months with an upgrade but its not really game breaking or anything, but in about 9 months noctis comes back in a BIG way and becomes the most broken character in the game (until whoever powercreeps him is)

We kinda know what will happen in the future because the JP version of the game is 9 months ahead of us.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So excited
Any tips? I am using Cloud Sephiroth and Leon but I want Noctis the most. Is there any reason I shouldn't use my favorite character

Early content can be cleared with who you like pretty easily, but be aware of how you build your characters with resources over time.

You will want to spend your tickets from events and gems from clearing content on banners for character weapons, since while you can always eventually get the 15cp and 35cp Weapons Of any character using Red Tokens you get from login bonuses, EX weapons are the big prize that cement that character's usability.

Here's a Reddit post that explains it in easy to understand detail, it's very good!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/ewlafh/gl_character_building_guide_for_new_players/

Use whoever you like, but try to get them a 5 star weapon. If you decide to pull on a banner, try to use tickets first in case you get lucky, and try to build up some gems to make sure you can Pity a character in case your luck goes south.

(75,000 Gems, though we get free pulls for a while so you might get lucky on these first free ones! If you wanna multi-pull with less gems, just be aware of the risk that you won't get your chosen EX easily!)

Reccomended banners right now are the Sephiroth one with both his EX and Eiko's, those are both good!

Soon, Zack is coming out with Ignis, both Super useful characters that are highly reccomended as well!

And we have a Global Exclusive character showing up too named Aranea from FFXV, don't invest until we know her moveset, but she'll likely be great too!

The main thing is, go for favourites when they show up in banners, but also try to keep a balance between DPS Characters, Support Characters, and whatever wildcards show up along the way!

DPS is whoever is designed to deal a ton of damage, often at the expense of supporting the party, though some still do so with debuffs or special mechanics.
Sephiroth is an example, as he does huge amounts of single target damage, but his EX can reduce enemies Brv to zero and he naturally reduces enemy speed.

Support often focus entirely on making the rest of the party hit harder, or heal and protect them by increasing their current Brv and Hp. Often they don't deal tons of damage, but still many can hold their own or provide very powerful effects and debuffs on enemies to turn the tide!
Eiko grants the party Atk and Max Brv buffs and can heal and provide passive Hp Regen to the party, and nearly all her abilities increase ally Brv in some way. She can also deal good Burst damage after her EX with a one time use of Double Holy.

Wildcards are just characters that have super strange mechanics that can make them irreplaceable in certain fights, and often tie a party together by covering stuff the other two couldn't normally do.
Setzer is a great example, having low ability uses but a fast charging EX. His normal abilities can do stuff like delay enemies, freeze their Brave gain to keep them from dealing devestating Hp Damage, and his EX gives his allies tons of Brv after dealing damage.

There are also tanks and stuff, but think about it like this and you'll have whatever you need for any content in the future!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
In my pulls I got two ex weapons for Lightning, both five stars not ex for cloud, a 35 for Leon, and a 35 for Sephiroth. I actually got a bunch of 5 stars for a ton of characters from the free pulls.
Does that mean I should invest in Lightning? I do like her and it's awesome to have that tastes ex attack.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my pulls I got two ex weapons for Lightning, both five stars not ex for cloud, a 35 for Leon, and a 35 for Sephiroth. I actually got a bunch of 5 stars for a ton of characters from the free pulls.
Does that mean I should invest in Lightning? I do like her and it's awesome to have that tastes ex attack.
Lightning's...okay. She'll become very good once she gets her EX+ in May though. I wouldn't invest in her right now.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

As a general rule don't use/invest in units that don't have a realized EX right now as they will be pretty much useless for endgame.

Lighting EX doesn't get realized for another few months and she is not even level 70 yet, so even more useless

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Alright, so I'm just going to assume you are just starting and possibly willing to Reroll. Here are a few characters in order of importance you should consider going for if you either Reroll, or have an older account and want to know who to try to focus on.

If the only EX you got is from Lightning, I would suggest trying to Reroll until you get an EX from either Squall, or Golbez. The reason why is because both of these characters are very effective at using AoE attacks, which will make the early game super quick and easy to deal with. More then that, though, is that they are also very useful later on when you need powerful characters to invest in, and are good for if you want to spend resources to max out their Crystal Lvls.

Outside of that, you can hope to get Eiko's EX soon, because she'll be your first support, and she'll really help keep your party safe with Hp and Brv recovery, while keeping people strong!

If you manage to nab Sephiroth's EX as well, he'll absolutely melt bosses with his powerful single target damage, so he'll be useful too! So would Cloud, he also does that, but can also Paralyze enemies, he's just less powerful for more utility.

King and Eight aren't super neccessary, but they are both useful, and their EX would be welcome if you got it.

Lightning isn't bad, but she isn't ideal, since she gets a huge power boost in a few months and shares a banner with a powerful support then as well, Hope. So you don't wanna end up with her EX right now if you are starting out, since you wanna get it later when she's good. If you get it out of luck, keep it, it's just not good compared to others right now if you can help it.

If you wanna take a chance on the account you have now, or want to get some useful stuff early on an account you Reroll on, check the missions button on the side menu on the right (or left based on your settings, I think) and press the "Raid" button on the top, and pick the "Everyone" tab. You can get a ton of goodies that will be helpful starting out from there, especially Tickets, single use pulls you can use on banners to try to get useful stuff from them!

Even if you don't manage to get a Reroll going, you will be just fine investing in Squall or Golbez with whatever dark crystals you get from Mog's Gym, and using them to help defeat easy early enemies to clear the story and build up gems for pulls.

If you need more advice, don't hesitate to ask!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
By the way, as a fun hypothetical, the only EX weapons from the 10 Token EX shop from the Demensions End I don't have are Dark Knight Cecil (IV), Bartz (V), Terra (VI), Vincent (VII DoC, No Dice, Not Going For It), Zidane (IX), Tidus (X), Yuna (X), Shantotto (XI), Lightning (XIII), and Noctis (XV).

Any of these worth picking up sooner or later? I'm in no hurry to use my tokens now, but I'm just curious if it's worth waiting to pull on any particular banner later, or if I should grab one so I don't have to.

Like for example, Lighting's EX+ comes with Hope's, and isn't super useful right now, so it would be a waste to get it right now since I could get lucky and get hope first, and just use this to get her after or something.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, as a fun hypothetical, the only EX weapons from the 10 Token EX shop from the Demensions End I don't have are Dark Knight Cecil (IV), Bartz (V), Terra (VI), Vincent (VII DoC, No Dice, Not Going For It), Zidane (IX), Tidus (X), Yuna (X), Shantotto (XI), Lightning (XIII), and Noctis (XV).

Any of these worth picking up sooner or later? I'm in no hurry to use my tokens now, but I'm just curious if it's worth waiting to pull on any particular banner later, or if I should grab one so I don't have to.

Like for example, Lighting's EX+ comes with Hope's, and isn't super useful right now, so it would be a waste to get it right now since I could get lucky and get hope first, and just use this to get her after or something.
Out of these, I'd go with the master brv shaver Bartz.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Always wanted to get his EX eventually, sucks I couldn't grab him during the Yuffie banner! How is he? I got some good options, but I always felt he was a good side-character that fit into a party well enough, like Agrias.
I haven't realized his EX yet, but I've been impressed with him in Chaos videos, stripping 51k brave in one move - see this video of Eight's Chaos fight as an example:

Aside from his brave shaving, he also has some powerful auras for the party. Here's the Tonberry Troupe infographic for him (in spoiler due to size):
vfty5iw7uec41.png

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
This community is great thank you so much!!
I'm assuming a reroll is destroying your account and trying your free pulls again to get things you want? I will probably just let my account ride I've been playing for probably 6 hours total I am fine working for the ex weapons.

I got 3 Lightning Ex weapons in my pulls so far by the way lol 😂

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
This community is great thank you so much!!
I'm assuming a reroll is destroying your account and trying your free pulls again to get things you want? I will probably just let my account ride I've been playing for probably 6 hours total I am fine working for the ex weapons.

I got 3 Lightning Ex weapons in my pulls so far by the way lol 😂
Crazy!

Yeah, basically you just delete the app, and start over. Depending on the game, it could take a while to retry the free rerolls, but fortunately this game starts quickly enough that if you wanna try it, it won't take too long.

No worries though, just keep the advice in mind for using any of the gems and tickets you'll get as you go along! Glad to have you aboard! I'm looking forward to Lightning being awesome for you, she's pretty rad, she just gets really good in a few months!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Crazy!

Yeah, basically you just delete the app, and start over. Depending on the game, it could take a while to retry the free rerolls, but fortunately this game starts quickly enough that if you wanna try it, it won't take too long.

No worries though, just keep the advice in mind for using any of the gems and tickets you'll get as you go along! Glad to have you aboard! I'm looking forward to Lightning being awesome for you, she's pretty rad, she just gets really good in a few months!
Glad to be on board!! Having a great time. I am a really big fan of the fact that I can close an open it at a moments notice and it's right where I was no reloading the app or anything. It's got a fun amount of strategy for fights you are under leveled for and getting the no break feels really good.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Glad to be on board!! Having a great time. I am a really big fan of the fact that I can close an open it at a moments notice and it's right where I was no reloading the app or anything. It's got a fun amount of strategy for fights you are under leveled for and getting the no break feels really good.

Oh for sure! If you think it's fun now, wait until you start maxing our your characters and get to do some crazy stuff with some of them!

One of the less popular supports has a mechanic where her EX restores everyone's Brv over 5 turns based on the damage it does... but five turns ON ANYONE'S TURN! Meaning it can end up protecting allies on enemy turns!

One of the new characters in a few days cooks dishes by using an ability giving him a free turn, and then turns his Brv and Hp attacks into dishes that provide party buffs, one that stops any incoming debuffs 100%!

The amount of unique bullshit most characters can do in this game is so engaging and amazing, I literally cannot wait to hear what crazy stuff they come up with next!

One of my favorite characters unbreaks enemies, so he can break them again! That blew my gosh darn mind! And he's coming back in a month, it's Vayne (XII) so watch out for that guy, he's amazing!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Oh for sure! If you think it's fun now, wait until you start maxing our your characters and get to do some crazy stuff with some of them!

One of the less popular supports has a mechanic where her EX restores everyone's Brv over 5 turns based on the damage it does... but five turns ON ANYONE'S TURN! Meaning it can end up protecting allies on enemy turns!

One of the new characters in a few days cooks dishes by using an ability giving him a free turn, and then turns his Brv and Hp attacks into dishes that provide party buffs, one that stops any incoming debuffs 100%!

The amount of unique bullshit most characters can do in this game is so engaging and amazing, I literally cannot wait to hear what crazy stuff they come up with next!

One of my favorite characters unbreaks enemies, so he can break them again! That blew my gosh darn mind! And he's coming back in a month, it's Vayne (XII) so watch out for that guy, he's amazing!

FFXII is my favorite FF so I'm all about that man! What a cool mechanic! I am in love with the aesthetic too because Dissidia is one of my favorite games.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Finally got Golbez EX after more than 150 tickets! Right now I poured resources into Golbez, Emperor, and Balthier so I should be set. Next will be Aranea and I can't wait to see her kit! Only one more week to wait :)

I'm really glad you are enjoying the game! No stress about endgame yet. Lightning will carry you through story and events no problem except the later stages. Aranea from FFXV is our 2nd global exclusive character and while we don't know her kit yet I'm sure she's going to be really strong so I'd invest there if you can. You can get past event characters by clearing their lost chapters. There are tons and tons of gems in this game to the point you don't really need to pay for anything. Many of us are free to play since launch. Right now though I just hope you appreciate the story on normal and the doable hard modes you can do :) Feel free to add us if you need supports for clearing a roadblock you are stuck at eventually. Here's my ID: 127384724

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh yeah, good point!

You can press the button next to your name and level on the top of the screen in most screens to access the friend menu, and by selecting "search" you can enter a friend code and follow somebody!

Let us know what your friend code is so we can add you ourselves, and we'll grant you our power in the form of Friend Units you can have help you through content!

You can select a friend unit to Summon to help you when you need to replace a character in battle. Basically, they show up for three turns (five turns if you are mutual follows I.E. Friends!), and come with their EX weapon fully charged out the gate.

Not all characters are the most efficient with this, but since this allows you to temporarily have what is effectively a copy of a character you already have in the team, or temporarily have a unit that provides very powerful limited effects you would normally have to use sparingly, these guys can really turn the tide!

This is mine:

Razorrin
944 398 297

My guy right now is Setzer, Gambling Extraordinaire! His EX+ deals Split AoE Damage and batteries his allies to full! His Ability 1, Red Card, does three hits of Brv damage and an Hp attack, three times in a row! Super powerful against single targets, plus it delays one turn! His Ability 2, Freeze Joker, hits all enemies and batteries his allies, provides a small max brv boost, and Freezes enemy Brave gain, preventing them from gaining any Brv and dealing any damage with Hp Attacks as a result! Great to shutdown bosses!

I reccomend using his EX, then one or the other between uses, since he recharged his EX quickly. Otherwise, against one enemy or boss, nail 'em with Red Card!

Hope it helps! Post yours and we'll follow you back!

If you wanna change your unit and message, go to the main menu and pick in the options menu "User Data," and you'll be able to change both! Put Era in your message and it'll be easier to find!

Last edited:

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
DFFOO actually got me to play FFXII. Love the Balthier avatar.

If you need support here's ng ID 561718727
I currently have Emperor as support.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Thanks, I'm just tooooo popular! Cleared some space for you!

Also, I love your message, "vaan get's a bad rap," too true! We had a few OT's on that, I certainly agree!

Here's a good one from Dreamboum!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-hate-against-vaan-ff12-is-unfair-and-frankly-weird.133792/

I got you!! Using your supports is like:

hughjackmanfountain.gif

I'm looking forward to a similar light show from my own characters :D
Even the amount of buffs that show up is something to behold.

I loved that thread hahaha, I always think when I'm playing through FFXII that is like "am I playing the same game as y'all?" Hahaha!
DFFOO actually got me to play FFXII. Love the Balthier avatar.

If you need support here's ng ID 561718727
I currently have Emperor as support.
Thank you!! And I added you! Having all these lvl 70s at my disposal is incredible!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I got you!! Using your supports is like:

hughjackmanfountain.gif

I'm looking forward to a similar light show from my own characters :D
Even the amount of buffs that show up is something to behold.

I loved that thread hahaha, I always think when I'm playing through FFXII that is like "am I playing the same game as y'all?" Hahaha!

Thank you!! And I added you! Having all these lvl 70s at my disposal is incredible!

Think of it like the start of an RPG, where you get a party member a bit too early and they wreak all the encounters! You'll get there soon enough!

And yeah, there was a ton going on in FFXII, but the same internet that rejected Vaan rejected BoF: Dragon Quarter, and for similarly flimsy reasons. Glad they can get the love they deserve now!

Just make sure you get those Crystals from events when you get strong enough to take on the Co-ops, and try to grab EX weapons for cool characters, and you'll have what you need to grow a powerful posse!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Think of it like the start of an RPG, where you get a party member a bit too early and they wreak all the encounters! You'll get there soon enough!

And yeah, there was a ton going on in FFXII, but the same internet that rejected Vaan rejected BoF: Dragon Quarter, and for similarly flimsy reasons. Glad they can get the love they deserve now!

Just make sure you get those Crystals from events when you get strong enough to take on the Co-ops, and try to grab EX weapons for cool characters, and you'll have what you need to grow a powerful posse!
Oh yeah love that feeling, let the OPness flow through me.

AAAHHHHH I PULLED SQUALLS EX FROM SINGLE TICKETS!
I have to remember to call him Squall and not Leon lol if that betrays my KH roots hahaha.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh yeah love that feeling, let the OPness flow through me.

AAAHHHHH I PULLED SQUALLS EX FROM SINGLE TICKETS!
I have to remember to call him Squall and not Leon lol if that betrays my KH roots hahaha.

Oh GET OUT, I do that too sometimes, it's too good an alias! He'll help you a ton! I think moving into the Sephy and Eiko banner while it's still up is a good move, getting a support ASAP should be a good concern! Though, you can try for Ignis and ZACK BABY, they are all good to get now then later!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Watch out Y'all, Abyss Beta is shutting down next month, and coming back as normal abyss sometime later. If you have a diverse enough set of characters, or at least a few EX+ ones, it shouldn't be too tricky to perfect them before it's gone. Keep that in mind to get the resources from it when you can!

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
I added some of you that I didn't already have in my list. I have a purple Setzer up now.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Oh GET OUT, I do that too sometimes, it's too good an alias! He'll help you a ton! I think moving into the Sephy and Eiko banner while it's still up is a good move, getting a support ASAP should be a good concern! Though, you can try for Ignis and ZACK BABY, they are all good to get now then later!

i have 200 green coins on the Cloud banner I was thinking about going for the Cloud EX unless you think it would just be better to do the Sephy EX and spend the green coins on something else? Or do you think I have enough time to do both before the 17th haha

I definitely want Zack though hahaha

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
i have 200 green coins on the Cloud banner I was thinking about going for the Cloud EX unless you think it would just be better to do the Sephy EX and spend the green coins on something else? Or do you think I have enough time to do both before the 17th haha

I definitely want Zack though hahaha

Eh, you don't need to grab Cloud's EX, but he can be pretty useful. When you get to 300 you can Pity an EX, but at 200 you can get a book that let's you realize one instead, which stregthens it and grants great power to a character.

Honestly, I'd suggest getting the book and cutting the loss of not getting Cloud, he's not gonna be that important to your stuff. Besides, Zack is freaking amazing, and you'd do well to save up a little and try to nab him, since he'll be both an amazing tank, and an amazing damage dealer.

I'd say, try for Eiko's EX for her support, and once you get it (or get Sephiroth and feel like you wanna save up more for Zack) build up a little doing lost chapters and stuff and grab Zack and Ignis when possible, you won't regret it!

Check out Squall's Infographic by the way, it's assuming you have his two crystal extensions and his 15 and 35 cp weapon passives, all gained in good time. You don't have to max out his EX+, but I suggest using any Power Orbs you may get from selling maxed out or extra 15 and 35 cp weapons...

(you'll know it's safe when you see a red checkmark, but don't accidentally sell anything a character can still use, anything copies that can be used to max their weapons limit, or is their best weapon so far, like EX weapons or anything!)

...to max out the EX for Squall and realize it! You'll get an Ingot, and can use it on it to give it more power. I think Squall is good enough right now without putting anything towards maxing his EX+, so save that Ingot for someone else down the line, like Zack for example.

Here's his Infographic to learn more!

l15errkfv3141.png

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Eh, you don't need to grab Cloud's EX, but he can be pretty useful. When you get to 300 you can Pity an EX, but at 200 you can get a book that let's you realize one instead, which stregthens it and grants great power to a character.

Honestly, I'd suggest getting the book and cutting the loss of not getting Cloud, he's not gonna be that important to your stuff. Besides, Zack is freaking amazing, and you'd do well to save up a little and try to nab him, since he'll be both an amazing tank, and an amazing damage dealer.

I'd say, try for Eiko's EX for her support, and once you get it (or get Sephiroth and feel like you wanna save up more for Zack) build up a little doing lost chapters and stuff and grab Zack and Ignis when possible, you won't regret it!

Check out Squall's Infographic by the way, it's assuming you have his two crystal extensions and his 15 and 35 cp weapon passives, all gained in good time. You don't have to max out his EX+, but I suggest using any Power Orbs you may get from selling maxed out or extra 15 and 35 cp weapons...

(you'll know it's safe when you see a red checkmark, but don't accidentally sell anything a character can still use, anything copies that can be used to max their weapons limit, or is their best weapon so far, like EX weapons or anything!)

...to max out the EX for Squall and realize it! You'll get an Ingot, and can use it on it to give it more power. I think Squall is good enough right now without putting anything towards maxing his EX+, so save that Ingot for someone else down the line, like Zack for example.

Here's his Infographic to learn more!

l15errkfv3141.png
Thanks so much for this!
Should I do anything with my tokens? I have those red ones and the green ones and the MOG ones should I spend those a certain way?

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks so much for this!
Should I do anything with my tokens? I have those red ones and the green ones and the MOG ones should I spend those a certain way?
Red tokens (Power Token Exchange) are good to fill in weapon gaps, like when you've pulled someone's EX, got their cp15 from the story, and don't have their cp35. You'd still need to use 12 power stones to MLB them for the passive, so it might be awhile before you feel comfortable using these somewhat limited tokens. They don't expire, so no rush on deciding how to spend them.

Green tokens (G Tokens) are pretty well-covered by Razzorin. They expire 2 days after their specific banner expires, so if you do have 100/200/300 of them, make sure to spend them before they disappear.

For the Mog's Gym tokens, I tried to spend them on things that can't be farmed, such as High Shards (T4) and High Crystals (T5), and then on things I felt short on. There are currently two Gyms available, and one expires in 20 days, so focus on clearing out that one first. The other one is permanent, so you don't have to rush to redeem those.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
HERE WE GO Y'ALL, INFOGRAPHICS ARE GO!!!

Here's my man Zack! He does rediculous damage due to a very special mechanic; as long as ONE enemy targets him, which is easy to accomplish through his Lock debuff, and still counts with AoE targeting attacks, his Atk damage SKYROCKETS, which is good because he has massive hit amounts for his Ability 1, Chain Slash, and especially with his ability 2, Punch Rush, which hits a total of 8 times, with three Hp attacks in it too!

He can be batteried to max, and with his universal overflow, he gets to hit with it all, and still deal potentially 80,000 damage after! Not only that, but his Hp attacks, including EX+, refund Brv, so he'll always have a bit of Brave to protect himself with!

And he gets a buff that gives him Absolute Defense based on his iBrv amount, making anything less then it do ZERO BRV DAMAGE, and anything above heavily reduced by his iBrv. He is the KING of taking single target hits, especially multihit attacks!

His biggest weakness is being untargetted by self buffs the boss tries to do, since it ruins his momentum, but he can hold off from using his abilities at that time to save up still. Just be careful, he's not gonna protect the party, just himself, so be prepared for AoE attacks!

He Attac, He Protec, but most importantly, he's legitimately the most charismatic and fun character in Final Fantasy history, and will always be my boy. Use him well!

5rzcfi2ek6g41.png

Ignis is a flexible support with a real unique element of full debuff immunity coming from an Aura, where others have to apply a buff to everyone. His two Dishes are focused on Defense and Offence each, and his EX, Overwhelm, can make great use of batteried party members while setting up a pair of characters to act right after in the order of your choosing, setting up great opportunities!

Unfortunately, as a Brv+ and Hp+ focused character, you gotta be careful about your buffs running out, and you won't see your EX too often without using buffs more often. Also, while Bird Bowl gives offence, it also makes his moves a little quicker to come up, so be careful!

He's super rad and flexible, so if you can get used to him, he'll excel in a ton of team compositions! His Regroup can heal everyone a ton too, so he'll play the healer super well!

prr5hvcsh6g41.png

Best of luck, I'm gonna throw a few tickets to see if I grab Ignis, but I've already got Zack ready to max out and enjoy! Watch the heck out, if you see me in Co-op!

Also, I'm gonna spoiler both my thoughts and the infographics, in case you only wanna see one or the other! Unless I should keep one or the other up? Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Ahhh, the one I've been waiting for! I haven't pulled on any banner (besides free pulls) since Yuffie. Finally going in hard with all the tickets from Brothers farming (currently at 780). I originally only planned for Zack, but now I want both lol. Ignis seems very useful, and I love that he doesn't need much investment and can be used at 0/3. I also remember reading DE7 is loaded with debuffs, so his debuff immunity will be useful, and I don't want to pull Lenna off from DE4.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Those infographs are DOPE! Nice work!
How am I doing guys?:

I literally can't believe how generous this game is ftp!

I know right? They are from the Tonberry Troupe on the DFFOO Reddit, I just post them here when they show up. Give them some karma if you can, they certainly deserve it!

Also, Yeah, this game is stupid generous. I have like 30 Chracters worth of crystals for crystal levels, and I was brought down to nothing getting Emperor last month and now I'm at 50,000. It's INSANE.

I love this game!

Also, now you can Realize his EX to make it an EX+! Like I said, it'll give him better stats, but you wanna save the Ingot. You'll get some good use out of it soon enough! If you pull Zack I mean, that guy is worth using it on.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I know right? They are from the Tonberry Troupe on the DFFOO Reddit, I just post them here when they show up. Give them some karma if you can, they certainly deserve it!

Also, Yeah, this game is stupid generous. I have like 30 Chracters worth of crystals for crystal levels, and I was brought down to nothing getting Emperor last month and now I'm at 50,000. It's INSANE.

I love this game!

Also, now you can Realize his EX to make it an EX+! Like I said, it'll give him better stats, but you wanna save the Ingot. You'll get some good use out of it soon enough! If you pull Zack I mean, that guy is worth using it on.
Having a great time, and I literally just checked this thread and downloaded it on a whim. Actually I just saw that this was active in hangouts and that is what made give it a try! And now I'm totally hooked!

I have multiple ingots for EX+

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Having a great time, and I literally just checked this thread and downloaded it on a whim. Actually I just saw that this was active in hangouts and that is what made give it a try! And now I'm totally hooked!

I have multiple ingots for EX+

Glad it worked out for you! We're glad to have you!

Anyway, the reason I say you should be concerned with using those Ingots too quickly is because you only have so many. You normally only get them from using books on EX's that are fully maxed out and able to be realized, and from fusing together 20 Red Nuggets, which you normally only get 5 of for clearing the current hardest content in the game, CHAOS Difficulty.

If you are going for Ignis and Zack, you might be able to have enough to fully max their EX+'es. That would be a great investment because they are really good and helpful!

Squall's good without any, since he doesn't get that much of a boost, and works well enough with a 0/3 EX+. Others sorta depend on the massive power boost EX+ gives them often, though, so it's best to have enough for characters that really rock the boat.

Do what you feel is right, that's just my suggestion!

Oh, also, when you have 15 characters, even without EX, that are good and combat ready, with at least 60 C.Lvl to get their extensions, you can try to do the Demensions End that gives you EX Shop Tokens!

They have two levels at EX difficulty, and three at COSMOS. If you can beat them all using 5 different unique teams, you can get tokens that let you get an EX from nearly all characters in the game right now that are the protagonists of their own games. I reccomend Y'shtola, as she's an unbelievably powerful support that doesn't need her 15 and 35 CP Weapon Passives due to being early enough that they were terrible and unnecessary.

She is massively useful in a lot of content, and all you need to do is max her EX and her EX+. Here's her Infographic in case you need convincing!

l0tqgct97f541.png

It's not going away anytime soon, so don't stress out and try to build up a bunch of characters all Willy nilly, just take your time and keep this in mind, it's something to work towards!

Last edited: