• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ignis seems overcomplicated to me, and people hating Sherlotta for spamming "Kurisutaru wo!" will hate Ignis even more. Basically he need to use a skill then the replaced BRV and then the replaced HP attack, so 3 turns in a row that will considerably slow down the coop.
If I pull his EX I'll be forced to learn how to play him.

Also a funny pic of him when the game glitched on me

I got the platinum on FFXV and resold the game so I never played the DLC or the story bits they added later.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ignis seems overcomplicated to me, and people hating Sherlotta for spamming "Kurisutaru wo!" will hate Ignis even more. Basically he need to use a skill then the replaced BRV and then the replaced HP attack, so 3 turns in a row that will considerably slow down the coop.
If I pull his EX I'll be forced to learn how to play him.

Yeah, that's a big reason why he's such a tricky character. If his turns didn't come so quickly on the regular, he might have been a bit more flexible, but as it is he's got a ton of stuff he does in a row due to how both his abilities are free turns.

To be fair though, in most circumstances, he'll only need to cook once or twice in a co-op, and any more times would need to be because he either ran out or needs to pivot to protect the party/press the advantage. And at least he's batterying the whole gang during it, so that's nice!

I hope he ends up useful for people, especially since we don't get the queen of iBrv boosting, with HER 100% Debuff Resist Party Buffing, until like June. He'll be very very helpful against a ton of horrible bosses.

The biggest thing, though? He isn't an Aura Support, despite his support revolving around Auras. You want him as a wildcard in addition to another support, like Eiko or something, since he doesn't buff stats that much overall. He's fine for most content, but CHAOS demands some high damage values!

Not to mention, at 0/3 EX+, he's still CHAOS Viable, so you don't need to spend any Ingots on him if you don't want to, so keep it in mind! Last guy like that to me was WoL, and he's still useful without any Ingots!

Also, Everyone, Don't Forget To Do Your Dailies and Finish The Chocoboards!

The rewards on tap are not to be underestimated! Make the most of it now, while you can! Anyone new, try to play those Golden Cactuar Missions to shore up your resources and level up your crew! They offer a ton of Gil, Exp and Crystals of the first three tiers, and you'd do well to take advantage while it's up!

Also, the regular mode of all Lost Chapters caps out at lvl.50 difficulty, so go nuts playing though them if you can, so you can reap the rewards, characters, and a basic 15CP weapon and two 15CP armors for the character they are for! It's worth it!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I really want Ignis but already have Zack's EX so I don't want to go too hard on the banner..

Do what I'm gonna do, and just toss a few tickets as a preliminary. If you luck out, great! If not, give it some time and toss more tickets or gems later after we see how Aranea shapes up.

I hope you get him, though! I kinda want him for the debuff resist and to finally have a party overflow character that doesn't need to use an AA.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
I'm prepared to pity Zack, but think I'll stop draws if I get his EX rather than keep going for Ignis if I don't get it while pulling for Zack. I would like Ignis's EX too, but not sure it's the best use of my gems. I do tend to over-do pulls once I get started. Gotta love those dopamine hits...

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I'm prepared to pity Zack, but think I'll stop draws if I get his EX rather than keep going for Ignis if I don't get it while pulling for Zack. I would like Ignis's EX too, but not sure it's the best use of my gems. I do tend to over-do pulls once I get started. Gotta love those dopamine hits...

Yeah, as much as I love Iggy as a character, Zack is and always will be my dog, and I can't imagine committing all the way for anyone else.

Especially since we have so many busted characters coming up later, we gotta be a little choosy! All you Eiko and Yuna players better not sleep on the Prince of Eblan, and Ninjitsu Dodging Beast, Edge! His EX is just BEGGING to be extended, considering the fact that it practically grants immortality to all allies by giving them near-perfect dodge! Shows up with the Pandemonium board next month, so watch out!

Plus, Global's first Male General is showing up in two months, the Delay Commisar and master of single strike support, the Illustrious General Leo Cristophe! That guy turns single-target attackers into raving 9999 dealing monsters, it's disgusting.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I have 900 tickets so I'll have to use some to not cap it, otherwise if I see my luck is bad, I'll just get Zack EX with the tokens.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I have 900 tickets so I'll have to use some to not cap it, otherwise if I see my luck is bad, I'll just get Zack EX with the tokens.

Wasn't it maybe a month or so ago when you emptied out your ticket stash? More evidence just how F2P friendly this game is!

Looking forward to hearing about Aranea's kit since I'm getting close to the ticket cap myself. Original plan was to use gems, but I think I'll just throw tickets at her banner and hope for the best.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it maybe a month or so ago when you emptied out your ticket stash? More evidence just how F2P friendly this game is!

Looking forward to hearing about Aranea's kit since I'm getting close to the ticket cap myself. Original plan was to use gems, but I think I'll just throw tickets at her banner and hope for the best.
Yeah I went bankrupt with the Agrias/Faris banner, about 2 months ago.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
good luck today everyone :) I won't be pulling as I already have Zack. I'm almost capped on tickets so I will be using them on Aranea. Just hope I don't hit the limit before she arrives (have 950 tickets now)

I honestly can't believe how generous this game is with having EX+ be just an upgrade and not something you need to pull in addition to the EX you already have. It's the main reason I haven't pulled on the last 3-4 banners because I already had those EXs from a previous banner and only needed to upgrade them to EX+ rather than keep pulling.

Also excited for the new abyss in April! Means more resources to get to upgrade more weapons

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
The infographic saying Zack need 3x ATK 108/Soldier Grit** which I just got my 3rd today, but Altema suggest having INT BRV 170/Soldier Grit**
I guess we should be fine with ATK at first but as bosses get gradually stronger, we'll need the INT BRV for his barrier.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
The infographic saying Zack need 3x ATK 108/Soldier Grit** which I just got my 3rd today, but Altema suggest having INT BRV 170/Soldier Grit**
I guess we should be fine with ATK at first but as bosses get gradually stronger, we'll need the INT BRV for his barrier.

I mean, any additional iBrv you gain could be better gained by pairing him with an iBrv buffer like Arciela, so best to use Altema advice with a grain of salt on that one.

My advice? Smoke 'em if you got 'em. If you have three Solider's Grit, but they're on two 108's and a 170 iBrv, just go for it and save yourself some trouble.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
This is tough.

With Aranea in the horizon, it's pretty hard if I should go for Ignis. I already have Zack's EX so I don't really have to pull. I'm not gonna be using gems this time. I should probably save for future banners that need gem pulls.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Just remember y'all, that Ignis' (actually zacks in my heart) banner will still be up when Aranea's is up, so... don't worry about doing it immediately if you are hoping to get Aranea's first.

You just have to wait a painful 5 Days before you can pull her banner, so give it your best shot!

Also, we get a free pull, so good luck on that!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Just remember y'all, that Ignis' (actually zacks in my heart) banner will still be up when Aranea's is up, so... don't worry about doing it immediately if you are hoping to get Aranea's first.

You just have to wait a painful 5 Days before you can pull her banner, so give it your best shot!

Also, we get a free pull, so good luck on that!
Yeah. I'm also considering this. The wait will definitely be hard but I think it is a wiser choice.
I'm just going to pray for the free pull.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Especially since we have so many busted characters coming up later, we gotta be a little choosy! All you Eiko and Yuna players better not sleep on the Prince of Eblan, and Ninjitsu Dodging Beast, Edge! His EX is just BEGGING to be extended, considering the fact that it practically grants immortality to all allies by giving them near-perfect dodge! Shows up with the Pandemonium board next month, so watch out!

I wasn't even eyeballing Edge until I started reading up on his changes and saw some videos of him in Chaos stages in JP. Now I'm planning on pulling for both him and probably Penelo.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I wasn't even eyeballing Edge until I started reading up on his changes and saw some videos of him in Chaos stages in JP. Now I'm planning on pulling for both him and probably Penelo.
It's a good combo! One is a massively powerful support, and the other is a solid dodge tank with the same element of another support that makes lightning damage amazing (here's lookin' at you, Krile!)

I hope I can get both when they come up!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Ignis EX on free draw! And I was planning on using a lot of tickets this banner. I'll throw another 50-100 or so to see if I get Zack EX and Ignis 35 cp, but I've been saving the EX tokens from DE for Zack EX anyway.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I spent some tickets and got plenty of 15 and 35 cp weapons for Iggy, so I hope a few more will help me later!

I'll try a bit more, but if I don't get it, whatever, I'll wait until Aranea.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Grats to those getting their weapons!

I had to go the whole 70k gems and pity Zack's EX, but I didn't have much from the banner, so it worked out pretty well. I got a lot of needed weapons: Noctis 15cp x2, Noctis 35cp x4, Zack 15 and 35, and Ignis EX x2, Ignis 35 x3, and Ignis 15 x2. On top of those, a whopping 14 power stones, 3 of them from off-banner weapons.

Now to go play with the new toys!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
As a reminder, if you have WoL sphere, it's amazing on Zack. Reduces BRV damage taken by 10%, which basically gives an even larger buffer for his shield.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not a bad start:
0.png

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Got Zack's EX after five multis. I know he'll be useful in Chaos but I was hoping for Ignis' since he's a favorite. Still, I'll stop there and save the rest for Aranea.

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like the trend is that story chaos are going to be the easiest chaos fights. All I will say is that you don't really need debuff immunity here, although it will help if you have it

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got two Ignis 35CP's on the free pull.

Used the rest of my tickets and got nada :( I know Ignis isn't a necessity but I still want him

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
I had to go for Pity but got a complete Ignis! A nice side effect is that I got a LOT of Power Stones so I finally have purple Shear Trigger and all Squall's Passives. Now I'm wondering if I should finish out either Eiko or Seph...or just save my resources for Aranea!

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Easily my best free pull ever.

Already have Zack EX and obviously both 15s for Zack and Ignis. Was hoping for Ignis EX and either 35 on the free pull and would token the other.

Free pull: three golds = Zack 35, Ignis EX and 35. Can't even calculate the odds of that. I fully expect to pity Aranea now and I'm ok with it.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I had to go for Pity but got a complete Ignis! A nice side effect is that I got a LOT of Power Stones so I finally have purple Shear Trigger and all Squall's Passives. Now I'm wondering if I should finish out either Eiko or Seph...or just save my resources for Aranea!

I think you should save for Aranea, since it's only a few days away, and you are already getting weapon tokens to get their 15 and 35 cp weapons!

If you mean to say you don't have either Eiko or Sephiroth, check out the infographics I posted earlier and make a judgement on wether they would be important or not, though I at least reccomend Eiko since there are a few characters coming up later that will be TIGHT with her passive party buff extension.

Otherwise, no worries, you will be able to get 15 and 35 CP weapons with weapon tokens if you missed them, just focus on building up for Aranea!

Also, Everyone, Don't Pity Just Yet.

I know it's exciting, since Beatrix was stupid broken, but we gotta keep a cool head about this. If you get lucky on her EX in the first multi-pull or a few tickets, cool, if not, give it a little time for the community to figure her out a bit. We don't know what to expect, so it's better to wait a little to know if she's worth spending a bunch to get her.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Wasted 30k gems (plus the free pull, so I guess 35k?)

I was able to snag both Zack and Iggy's 15,35, and EX weapons. Pretty happy that I have a good bit of gems left for the 2nd GL character.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Razorrin oh yeah I've got Eiko and Seph's full weapons but I have to MLB them. That's what I meant but yeah I get your advice. For now I'll just keep getting gems.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot, have you new players used your Dissidia Points? You get a ton for this Anniversary, and while I would usually reccomend using them on Tier 5 Crystals and the weekly Powerstones, I actually freaking love these new stickers, and if you aren't getting fun stickers to use in Co-op, What are you even doing?

I love the stickers in this, I really wish I could use these in iMessage.

Is there like a sticker pack for these guys? I know there were a ton of hilarious Star Ocean iMessage stickers included with Anamnesis, but I wanna send my mom a Kuja Sticker, and I'm willing to pay to make that happen!

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
I ended up pitying Ignis. I like him too much not to. Between cooking in battle, "recipehs", and just in general being a stand-up guy, it was worth it.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got Sephiroth's EX!

My FFVII Fanboyism is too strong, lmao. I'm not going to be able to get Zack's.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't finished the new chapter yet but I'm really liking the story for it.

Zack best boy

pulled again on the ignis banner because I lack self control and got another Zack EX dupe :(

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
How are you guys enjoying Ignis and Zack? I'm super glad my main man got his due! Don't have Iggy yet, but I'm looking forward to picking him up after Aranea, maybe I'll drop a pull or two, maybe I'll farm a few tickets, we'll see!

Here's a great video that Zack-Havers can now replicate now that he's great and this chapter is here!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Okay guys, I want some expert opinion here. Is there anyone who has recently released, or is soon to be released, who can basically solo Summon Fights by themselves, so that they can be used to build up weaker character's Summon points for treasures?

Because I'm thinking Zack might be that guy, due to his massive damage output and survivability, but I'm not sure...

The reason a character like Quistis is so beloved for these things is because she can delay a Summon so far back that they can't do anything anymore, and with the exception of Shiva (and maybe brothers a little bit?) that's still true.

I think Leo will eventually take the crown, due to one of his attacks delaying twice and the other making single target attacks brokenas fudge, but I ask this because I actually was DE-incentivized to grind Brothers because of how much easier it is now to just do like four rounds of Summon Boards with the update regardless of Synergy, and have thusly rested on my laurels in this regard.

Is there any character you personally believe could be paired with any good Friend Unit and totally carry two numpties to their Summon board treasures quickly?

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any character you personally believe could be paired with any good Friend Unit and totally carry two numpties to their Summon board treasures quickly?
I am not sure about a one-size-fits-all character, but I do have my favorites for each Summon that I've been using to help make them less painful. I use Vanille for Ifrit, Serah for Shiva, Setzer for Ramuh and Leviathan, and Yuffie for Brothers. I'm thinking Zack might be pretty good for them all though.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I am not sure about a one-size-fits-all character, but I do have my favorites for each Summon that I've been using to help make them less painful. I use Vanille for Ifrit, Serah for Shiva, Setzer for Ramuh and Leviathan, and Yuffie for Brothers. I'm thinking Zack might be pretty good for them all though.
Oh yeah, there is at least one major winner for each, and luckily (or unluckily depending on your luck) they were super Synergy! I just feel like there's gonna be a one-size-fits-all solution eventually.

Like, technically Setzer is already there, he shuts down bosses and deals rediculous damage with delay, and his only major weakness being limited uses of his best abilities doesn't apply for these shorter fights, I just don't think he's quite fast enough to make the most of books.

Leo does something similar with similar damage , but twice the delay, and I feel would be the perfect character to do these once he hits.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Okay guys, I want some expert opinion here. Is there anyone who has recently released, or is soon to be released, who can basically solo Summon Fights by themselves, so that they can be used to build up weaker character's Summon points for treasures?

I've been carrying two low-levels for awhile on summon boards, ever since Noctis' last revamp in Oct. Noctis was then replaced by Agrias, who has now been replaced by Setzer. The key has always been about turn manipulation for summon boards cause you don't want to waste time with boss' animation. I'm not sure if Zack helps too much in that regard. General Leo definitely will when he's released. Setzer has only minimal delay but he does so much damage that he doesn't need much more.

Ifrit is so easy though that I just use Cloud to carry for the damage and dispel. I still use Agrias for Shiva to be safe, but I use Setzer for all the rest now. Krile is still also really good for Leviathan at 3/3 since she frontloads so much damage before he uses Tsunami.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I've been carrying two low-levels for awhile on summon boards, ever since Noctis' last revamp in Oct. Noctis was then replaced by Agrias, who has now been replaced by Setzer. The key has always been about turn manipulation for summon boards cause you don't want to waste time with boss' animation. I'm not sure if Zack helps too much in that regard. General Leo definitely will when he's released. Setzer has only minimal delay but he does so much damage that he doesn't need much more.

Ifrit is so easy though that I just use Cloud to carry for the damage and dispel. I still use Agrias for Shiva to be safe, but I use Setzer for all the rest now. Krile is still also really good for Leviathan at 3/3 since she frontloads so much damage before he uses Tsunami.

Yeah, my rationale for Zack is that he's fast enough that if paired with a delay friend, he'll nail the Summon with his EX and take no damage from their attacks while rushing them down with his major damage output.

Agrias is basically mandatory for Shiva, I agree.

Maybe I was looking at this wrong. Maybe it's best to just try to use the best you have, max out all the boards they can get, and THEN use them to solo with two dorks.

I still think Zack is solid for this with all our newer folk, since he basically tanks all the Summon attacks, even if his pals die. It might help even, since they would just slow him down!

If anyone who hasn't already wants to get into Summon Boards, try to get Ifrit to 20 and get to his fight, and just max whoever you use for now with him.

The passives he provides are so fantastic for increasing damage that I would say he's the only mandatory one. Almost always pick the Atk one, the Brv Damage one, and the iBrv Atk one.

Experience books affect Summon points, so use them when you wanna grind up a party to max their boards quicker.

Try to get the other summons to 20 as well so you can get their fights started too when you can. Use Item books or Star Books (items exp AND gil) to get resources to max out Ifrit, he's one of the best Summons' to do so.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
How are you guys enjoying Ignis and Zack? I'm super glad my main man got his due! Don't have Iggy yet, but I'm looking forward to picking him up after Aranea, maybe I'll drop a pull or two, maybe I'll farm a few tickets, we'll see!

Here's a great video that Zack-Havers can now replicate now that he's great and this chapter is here!

This is actually awesome. I actually tried this one. it's so much fun.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut

I did it! 😍

I got Ignis EX too!!
I only need one more pull for 300 g tokens what should I spend them on? Another Zack Ex for Limit Break?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

I did it! 😍

I got Ignis EX too!!
I only need one more pull for 300 g tokens what should I spend them on? Another Zack Ex for Limit Break?

Ehhhhhhhh... I mean, if you are hurting for four more powerstones, I guess, but honestly it's a better deal to just grab the book and cut your losses. Nice work though! Glad you could get them both, they will be of great use to you!