• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Pulled another Ignis 35 cp and then next ticket was his EX :o Still have 200k gems stockpiled if I have to end up pitying Aranea.

I did it! 😍

I got Ignis EX too!!
I only need one more pull for 300 g tokens what should I spend them on? Another Zack Ex for Limit Break?

Nice pulls! :p and egh powerstones are really easy to get in this. Stockpile gems and tickets and boom lol. I would totally get the book.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
God I love the rates in this game sometimes, I got Iggy! Looking forward to using Regroup four times in a row during Co-op instead of Quick Recipeh in order to be considerate with people's time!

Just a reminder, he doesn't need any Ingots to be chaos-viable, so he's a pretty good budget character. Keep that in mind and keep those Ingots for Aranea! Potentially!!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Thanks guys, What should my next step be? I have Zacks EX+ Maxed out. Should I save my gems for the new character?
I want to replace Squall as my main DPS I love Balthier obviously if that is a viable option.
My main crew is all 70/70 and has Ex Weapons.
I am doing Ifrit stuff right now I just got lvl 20 ifrit.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks guys, What should my next step be? I have Zacks EX+ Maxed out. Should I save my gems for the new character?
I want to replace Squall as my main DPS I love Balthier obviously if that is a viable option.

Balthier will be viable for a long time, but not because he is a dps but because he is a dispeller.

He won't do too well in fights that have little or no buffs to steal and needs to be in fights with multiple enemies to maximize his damage.

I would say that Balthier is good for another 3 months or so

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Now that you got Ifrit to 20, try doing his Ultimate Trials!

You have to get to 20 first before you can do them, but once you start, you'll get those Summon Boards worked out!

I'd say, you are in a good position to do a bunch of the Lost Chapters, especially the early ones that have difficulty going up to COSMOS. I'd give them a shot and check out the stories they have, you'll have a good time! They also give some resources for those different characters, including two copies of their 15cp Armor and a copy of their 15cp weapon, so that'll be helpful!

They are also easy to fully clear, and give 1000 Gems when you do so! But the Chaos Fights that show up after the first dozen LC's are brutal, so be careful!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Try Ifrit Ultimate. You can now do his summon board. Balthier is great against Ifrit. It provides resources like gems, tickets and armor tokens. The great part is that you now get bonus points to use to other characters so you don't have to carry a lot of weaker characters to unlock these resources. But no need to rush on completing those boards it still can get real tiring in the long run even with all the QoL they've done. Try it with your main first and get to complete their Ifrit board. It further increases base stats that will help you in harder content.
Well, a lot will be gunning for Aranea since she's a global first. You can check other people's impression before you pull for her.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Congrats to everyone that got who they were going for! I myself started with 200 tickets that got me Ignis' EX and some 15 and 35cps between the three banner guys. I then started the multi-pulls and ended up getting a second Ignis EX and a bunch more of the 35 and 15CP weapons before finally getting Zack's EX with three pulls to go before hitting Pity. I used the points to get a book and the extra 40 can just rot :p

So I had zero ingots to start with but realizing Zack and Ignis plus using coins from the Anniversary banner to get the ingot components allowed me to purple Zack right away :D Since I got so many of his lower CP weapons, I was able to unlock the passives for his 15 and 35 CP and put those on as well. I grabbed his better armor and once I get enough anniversary coins, I'll get the components to limit break it a second time. I've been trying to get a good Artifact roll and have learned the nightmare that is artifact farming and the gil sink it can be. I've maxed Ifrit and Shiva's board with him and am close to maxing Ramuh's. Squall, Vaan, and Cloud already have all three maxed so I'm working on Zack and Ignis together now.

It sure is nice having two powerful characters now, Squall has been carrying me like crazy all this time on his own. Now the question is, do I commit to rolling with Ignis? He's seems complicated for noobies Although I think I have an idea of how he works based on a COOP experience I've had. Alternatively, I have Cait Sith and Serah's EX's but I haven't realized them yet whereas I have realized Ignis. Between these three, who should I roll with as my main support? I know I'll want to build up numerous support units over time but I'm still early in so that's not going to happen overnight with finite resources. Is there another support coming soon that will render Ignis obsolete? Just want to know which support to use or save resources for. It's good to hear that Ignis works well at 0/3 if I go with him.

As a noob update: I've cleared all the Lost Chapters on both normal and hard save for the chaos stages in the later chapters though I tested doing a lvl 150 when I obtained Zack and managed to clear it but not without a death. I'm thinking one I have a third unit built up, particularly a support, I should be able to handle them. I'm a ways into Act 2 Chapter 4 in the main story so getting pretty close to catching up and now that I'm done with LC until a new one hits, that's my focus when SP and bells are dried up. I've only done Normal for main story thus far though as I want to catch up on story before going back through on hard for more gems. Speaking of gems, even after using around 60k I still have around 340k remaining with plenty more to farm from the main story. So I'm sitting pretty for chasing what I want for a bit and or when Squall's BT hits. I've cleared all choco award boards so ready for those to update. I guess when I have a support unit built up, I should be able to tackle at least some of the harder content, yeah? Aside from DE that requires a bunch of units.

Between Leviathan and Brothers, I'm assuming Brothers is the higher priority to max first? I suspect his passives are better for Zack without checking and I've seen a bunch of people with Brothers assigned in COOP but that might just be because he's the newest?

As a fanboy, I'd really like to pull for Rinoa and I don't have an EX for a mage yet but it seems that it'd be smarter for me to wait for her LD to come around with her adjustments as well. Maybe I'll be content to just get the character for now. I was going to use tickets if I got lucky with Zack's EX but nope haha I figure a support unit is higher priority than another damage dealer anyway at this juncture.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats to everyone that got who they were going for! I myself started with 200 tickets that got me Ignis' EX and some 15 and 35cps between the three banner guys. I then started the multi-pulls and ended up getting a second Ignis EX and a bunch more of the 35 and 15CP weapons before finally getting Zack's EX with three pulls to go before hitting Pity. I used the points to get a book and the extra 40 can just rot :p

So I had zero ingots to start with but realizing Zack and Ignis plus using coins from the Anniversary banner to get the ingot components allowed me to purple Zack right away :D Since I got so many of his lower CP weapons, I was able to unlock the passives for his 15 and 35 CP and put those on as well. I grabbed his better armor and once I get enough anniversary coins, I'll get the components to limit break it a second time. I've been trying to get a good Artifact roll and have learned the nightmare that is artifact farming and the gil sink it can be. I've maxed Ifrit and Shiva's board with him and am close to maxing Ramuh's. Squall, Vaan, and Cloud already have all three maxed so I'm working on Zack and Ignis together now.

It sure is nice having two powerful characters now, Squall has been carrying me like crazy all this time on his own. Now the question is, do I commit to rolling with Ignis? He's seems complicated for noobies Although I think I have an idea of how he works based on a COOP experience I've had. Alternatively, I have Cait Sith and Serah's EX's but I haven't realized them yet whereas I have realized Ignis. Between these three, who should I roll with as my main support? I know I'll want to build up numerous support units over time but I'm still early in so that's not going to happen overnight with finite resources. Is there another support coming soon that will render Ignis obsolete? Just want to know which support to use or save resources for. It's good to hear that Ignis works well at 0/3 if I go with him.

As a noob update: I've cleared all the Lost Chapters on both normal and hard save for the chaos stages in the later chapters though I tested doing a lvl 150 when I obtained Zack and managed to clear it but not without a death. I'm thinking one I have a third unit built up, particularly a support, I should be able to handle them. I'm a ways into Act 2 Chapter 4 in the main story so getting pretty close to catching up and now that I'm done with LC until a new one hits, that's my focus when SP and bells are dried up. I've only done Normal for main story thus far though as I want to catch up on story before going back through on hard for more gems. Speaking of gems, even after using around 60k I still have around 340k remaining with plenty more to farm from the main story. So I'm sitting pretty for chasing what I want for a bit and or when Squall's BT hits. I've cleared all choco award boards so ready for those to update. I guess when I have a support unit built up, I should be able to tackle at least some of the harder content, yeah? Aside from DE that requires a bunch of units.

Between Leviathan and Brothers, I'm assuming Brothers is the higher priority to max first? I suspect his passives are better for Zack without checking and I've seen a bunch of people with Brothers assigned in COOP but that might just be because he's the newest?

As a fanboy, I'd really like to pull for Rinoa and I don't have an EX for a mage yet but it seems that it'd be smarter for me to wait for her LD to come around with her adjustments as well. Maybe I'll be content to just get the character for now. I was going to use tickets if I got lucky with Zack's EX but nope haha I figure a support unit is higher priority than another damage dealer anyway at this juncture.
Have you completed the Abyss? I know it will be taken off in a couple of days.

For support, both Serah and Cait have separate roles. If you could get Y'shtola, she's a better option than Cait.

Have you done Dimensions End Order? It gives you EX tokens where you can exchange for her EX. She's really good. She can heal, revive, brv batt, buff and delay. Her EX also adds use to her skills that gives her longevity in fights.

Serah is okay. She poisons a lot and does battery too so she can be your additional support if you need that type of support.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Have you completed the Abyss? I know it will be taken off in a couple of days.

For support, both Serah and Cait have separate roles. If you could get Y'shtola, she's a better option than Cait.

Have you done Dimensions End Order? It gives you EX tokens where you can exchange for her EX. She's really good. She can heal, revive, brv batt, buff and delay. Her EX also adds use to her skills that gives her longevity in fights.

Serah is okay. She poisons a lot and does battery too so she can be your additional support if you need that type of support.
No, I assumed that's hard content and I've only had Squall as a strong unit up until now. I assume Squall and Zack aren't enough to tackle all that so I'm trying to figure what support unit to go with that will allow me to tackle that tougher content. Ignis, Cait, and Serah are the supports I have an EX for already. A factor is who will have the best symmetry with Zack and Squall since those are my two maxed out units.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Now that you got Ifrit to 20, try doing his Ultimate Trials!

You have to get to 20 first before you can do them, but once you start, you'll get those Summon Boards worked out!

I'd say, you are in a good position to do a bunch of the Lost Chapters, especially the early ones that have difficulty going up to COSMOS. I'd give them a shot and check out the stories they have, you'll have a good time! They also give some resources for those different characters, including two copies of their 15cp Armor and a copy of their 15cp weapon, so that'll be helpful!

They are also easy to fully clear, and give 1000 Gems when you do so! But the Chaos Fights that show up after the first dozen LC's are brutal, so be careful!

I was able to beat the lvl 100 Cosmos with my team, Zack 100% got me through it with his incredible tanking. It was incredibly exciting at the end I was really thinking about what I had to do with each character to survive and I was able to get a full clear didn't miss a reward.
I was wondering about that summon board! So I get that by doing the next Ifrit level?

Your going to laugh but I really wanted gems fast so I unlocked every character I could through the lost chapters but no further than that. Then I put 3 lvl 1s in a party at a time and used Eras supports to do the Cycle quest with a times 3 XP Book and power leveled all 80 characters to lvl 30 minimum, which was one or two fights depending on if I got the flower head cactus. That brought my rank from 100 or so to 300 and I got like 30k gems from the whole process hahaha 😂
I don't even know if that was the best way to do it but I had a ton of fun doing it.
Anyway so yeah I should finish those Lost Chapters, I did Zacks and hard mode.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
By the way, if anyone's hurting for cash, good news! The very frequent Golden Flowering Cactuars in the Gold Daily Quest (which you can unlock for a half hour using a key, and use a 3 times gil book or 3 times all three things star with) will max out your Gil in roughly 2 hours if you give it a shot, so if you are running out of Gil for artifacts or just wanna be sure you have a bunch, go for it!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I was able to beat the lvl 100 Cosmos with my team, Zack 100% got me through it with his incredible tanking. It was incredibly exciting at the end I was really thinking about what I had to do with each character to survive and I was able to get a full clear didn't miss a reward.
I was wondering about that summon board! So I get that by doing the next Ifrit level?

Your going to laugh but I really wanted gems fast so I unlocked every character I could through the lost chapters but no further than that. Then I put 3 lvl 1s in a party at a time and used Eras supports to do the Cycle quest with a times 3 XP Book and power leveled all 80 characters to lvl 30 minimum, which was one or two fights depending on if I got the flower head cactus. That brought my rank from 100 or so to 300 and I got like 30k gems from the whole process hahaha 😂
I don't even know if that was the best way to do it but I had a ton of fun doing it.
Anyway so yeah I should finish those Lost Chapters, I did Zacks and hard mode.

Basically, when you do fights in the Summon Trial map, you get Summon Points for every character participating, plus some Wild Points you can allocate to whoever.

The EX fight right in front of the Summon themselves, those give the most for your time, 150 Points normally, which is multiplied both by EXP support items like books and stars, and by that character having a banner, and flashing a EXPx2 in front of their portrait.

Both stack too, so by taking one of these characters into these and stacking bonuses, you can max out their board in short order!

I forgot how much it is to max out a board, but each board gives permenent stat bonuses each node, can provide up to three unique 2cp passives, and gives treasure along the way, 3 tickets, 5 Armor Tokens, and 300 Gems.

If you don't wanna grind to get the roughly 6000 points to max somebody's board, you only need to get 1800 to get the treasure for a particular board, which is 4 runs with a 3 times EXP book, and half that if the character is on a current banner.

So, work your way to maxing Ifrit, because they are one of the most consistently powerful summons because they give you like 25% extra attack all the time, and work your way to unlocking all the others with time.

If you have the stomach to run these with one powerful character and two nobodies you are just running to get the treasures from, with a powerful support like Quistis with her 3 turn delay skill or Setzer with his delay and massive single target damage skill, you can get a TON of resources from these boards.

Put this into perspective. The game has over 100 characters right now, which means, if you had the time to run each of them at least 4 times to get their Summon board treasure, that's 300 tickets, 500 Armor Tokens and 30,000 Gems. And that's just one board!!! We have five of them now!!!

That's why people advocate for buying EXP books when they are on sale, they cost so little that they are paid for easily by Summon Board Treasures they help to get! Also item books are good too.

The grind takes a long time, but the best part is that it's always available, and always easy. If you are ever really hurting for gems or tickets, Summon Board grinding will get you what you need, it's only a matter of time.

Don't worry too much about it, just keep it in mind. Your bigger focus is unlocking all of them, so you can max out the summon boards on your best characters, those stat increases add up! The Wild Points can help with this too, but I usually save them for getting treasures when I don't wanna grind.

The passives that are the most useful are usually pretty obvious, but check out the reddit if you want more info. Hope it goes well!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Try Ifrit Ultimate. You can now do his summon board. Balthier is great against Ifrit. It provides resources like gems, tickets and armor tokens. The great part is that you now get bonus points to use to other characters so you don't have to carry a lot of weaker characters to unlock these resources. But no need to rush on completing those boards it still can get real tiring in the long run even with all the QoL they've done. Try it with your main first and get to complete their Ifrit board. It further increases base stats that will help you in harder content.
Well, a lot will be gunning for Aranea since she's a global first. You can check other people's impression before you pull for her.
Thank you! Great advice! Love this community, so helpful it's refreshing. I'm really going all in on Zack and feeling good about it. I made his EX+ and upgraded limit broke all the way.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
No, I assumed that's hard content and I've only had Squall as a strong unit up until now. I assume Squall and Zack aren't enough to tackle all that so I'm trying to figure what support unit to go with that will allow me to tackle that tougher content. Ignis, Cait, and Serah are the supports I have an EX for already. A factor is who will have the best symmetry with Zack and Squall since those are my two maxed out units.

For Dimensions End I think this is the difficulty level (correct me if I'm wrong):
Order = EX
Pathos = Cosmos
Entropy = Chaos

If you can do EX levels try mix and match your teams. I still haven't finished Pathos because I used some of my better units earlier so I just redo some of the levels with a different team.
For me, Y'shtola is really worth it.

I couldn't remember much in the Abyss but I think this was released before Chaos Era. You can check it out and see how you fare.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Basically, when you do fights in the Summon Trial map, you get Summon Points for every character participating, plus some Wild Points you can allocate to whoever.

The EX fight right in front of the Summon themselves, those give the most for your time, 150 Points normally, which is multiplied both by EXP support items like books and stars, and by that character having a banner, and flashing a EXPx2 in front of their portrait.

Both stack too, so by taking one of these characters into these and stacking bonuses, you can max out their board in short order!

I forgot how much it is to max out a board, but each board gives permenent stat bonuses each node, can provide up to three unique 2cp passives, and gives treasure along the way, 3 tickets, 5 Armor Tokens, and 300 Gems.

If you don't wanna grind to get the roughly 6000 points to max somebody's board, you only need to get 1800 to get the treasure for a particular board, which is 4 runs with a 3 times EXP book, and half that if the character is on a current banner.

So, work your way to maxing Ifrit, because they are one of the most consistently powerful summons because they give you like 25% extra attack all the time, and work your way to unlocking all the others with time.

If you have the stomach to run these with one powerful character and two nobodies you are just running to get the treasures from, with a powerful support like Quistis with her 3 turn delay skill or Setzer with his delay and massive single target damage skill, you can get a TON of resources from these boards.

Put this into perspective. The game has over 100 characters right now, which means, if you had the time to run each of them at least 4 times to get their Summon board treasure, that's 300 tickets, 500 Armor Tokens and 30,000 Gems. And that's just one board!!! We have five of them now!!!

That's why people advocate for buying EXP books when they are on sale, they cost so little that they are paid for easily by Summon Board Treasures they help to get! Also item books are good too.

The grind takes a long time, but the best part is that it's always available, and always easy. If you are ever really hurting for gems or tickets, Summon Board grinding will get you what you need, it's only a matter of time.

Don't worry too much about it, just keep it in mind. Your bigger focus is unlocking all of them, so you can max out the summon boards on your best characters, those stat increases add up! The Wild Points can help with this too, but I usually save them for getting treasures when I don't wanna grind.

The passives that are the most useful are usually pretty obvious, but check out the reddit if you want more info. Hope it goes well!
This sounds awesome, I love how many ways there are to gain character growth I always feel like I'm thinking about the next thing I need to do which in my opinion is a great feeling. And then I can move on to another character and continue that feeling of progress it's very well thought out. I also love grinding in practically every game I play and this game has it down to a science!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So there should be a Aranea showcase video releasing in a couple of hours and unless they do something unexpected, I am pretty sure I will be pulling on her since if we go with what happened with our first ever GL first (Beatrix), Aranea should be a very powerful unit (it also helps that Dragoon is one of my favorite FF jobs and I actually liked her in XV)

Speaking of GL first, there is an interview I am preparing that deals with FF XV and I hope I can share more info with you sometime next week :D

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So there should be a Aranea showcase video releasing in a couple of hours and unless they do something unexpected, I am pretty sure I will be pulling on her since if we go with what happened with our first ever GL first (Beatrix), Aranea should be a very powerful unit (it also helps that Dragoon is one of my favorite FF jobs and I actually liked her in XV)

Speaking of GL first, there is an interview I am preparing that deals with FF XV and I hope I can share more info with you sometime next week :D
Rad! I hope you get lucky with her, and I'm looking forward to hearing more!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Oh my god can't wait for the video. And yeah I expect her to be very powerful given Beatrix as well. Aranea was definitely the most likable character in XV but the problem was the game was short and unfinished. Imagine if we got Episode Aranea .... god she looked so awesome there

AraneaFinalFantasyXIV.jpg

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

whoa she looks really strong. With ex + I'm sure she's gonna be top dps. Two turn delay and rebreaking is gonna make her crazy good. Yep, I'M going all in.

edit: her buffs also look insane! Critical damage and overflow. Seems I can use Vanille's sphere on her to make her even more deadly.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
whoa she looks really strong. With ex + I'm sure she's gonna be top dps. Two turn delay and rebreaking is gonna make her crazy good. Yep, I'M going all in.

edit: her buffs also look insane! Critical damage and overflow. Seems I can use Vanille's sphere on her to make her even more deadly.

I'd be careful in case you are hunting down Vayne, she's super badass and awesome, but while her kit incentivizes breaking with her, she doesn't unbreak to immediately break with a brv attack like Vayne does, so technically Vayne dispels more easily. Nope, I'm wrong, she does it jus like him, carry on!

Still, Super Rad, Totally Pitying if neccessary, and I'm super glad we technically got a Global unique General Leo, both providing a powerful debuff on an enemy that provides a weakness level damage boost with certain common attacks, and who have an ability that deals great damage and delays two turns.

I'm super excited to see the rest of her kit, and I'll be posting the Infographic as soon as it shows up!

Edit: was wrong about unbreaking before being attacked, and I just realized, I'm gonna need to think REALLY HARD on who I use Vanille's Sphere on, since I love Vayne so much, and he now Rebreaks on his EX+. AHHHHHH, I CAN'T CHOOSE!!!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Man Aranea looks broken just as I expected lol. Will be interesting to see if her EX refresh her buff or not. We will find out tomrorow

Oh my god can't wait for the video. And yeah I expect her to be very powerful given Beatrix as well. Aranea was definitely the most likable character in XV but the problem was the game was short and unfinished. Imagine if we got Episode Aranea .... god she looked so awesome there

AraneaFinalFantasyXIV.jpg

I loved and hated XV at the same time, but Aranea was probably my favorite character there. You are being too kind saying XV was unfinished when it had 10 years of development lol

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
Good point. Do they announce the bannermates before it hits live?

They usually don't, to the point of discouraging the more prominent dataminers from communicating upcoming banner details.

I've been in hoard mode since Emperor, and have nothing on my radar until either Edge/Penelo or Leo, so I'm all in on this one. She looks like fun!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
They usually don't, to the point of discouraging the more prominent dataminers from communicating upcoming banner details.

I've been in hoard mode since Emperor, and have nothing on my radar until either Edge/Penelo or Leo, so I'm all in on this one. She looks like fun!
I see. I'll probably wait for her EX details before jumping in. But her kit looks really crazy fun.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Aranea looks so busted! I still have a large ticket stash to use on her before I'll touch my gem stash, since I got lucky with Ignis EX.

I wonder who her bannermates will be? If Beatrix's EX on it, I'll probably use gems to go for both.

UrSuLeTzU

Oct 25, 2017
ROMANIA
I hope she's solo tbh. Most likely Noctis with his realization tho. I have enough gems to pity her so I'm not touching tickets(used 400 for Zack after I got Ignis EX in the free pull and got nothing then had to pity Zack, lol).

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
One you limit break something do I have to keep it if I'm not equipping it? Artifacts in particular? Also I noticed that when I limit break artifacts I keep getting new abilities some seem better than others, am I fishing for certain artifact abilities? Do I really only want the top rarity ?

Sorry for the many questions haha

Last edited:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
One you limit break something do I have to keep it if I'm not equipping it? Artifacts in particular? Also I noticed that when I limit break artifacts I keep getting new abilities some seem better than others, am I fishing for certain artifact abilities? Do I really only want the top rarity ?

Sorry for the many questions haha

Anything that you MLB can be safely sold since you will have learned that ability/passive. Basically make sure you get a checkmark on the item you're selling to know you learned its ability.

Every character has artifacts they prefer. For example a dps would want ATK and MBRV and preferably both together and both orange (108 for ATK and 330 for MBRV)

Some characters require INT BRV and so on. You just gotta find out what your unit needs

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Anything that you MLB can be safely sold since you will have learned that ability/passive. Basically make sure you get a checkmark on the item you're selling to know you learned its ability.

Every character has artifacts they prefer. For example a dps would want ATK and MBRV and preferably both together and both orange (108 for ATK and 330 for MBRV)

Some characters require INT BRV and so on. You just gotta find out what your unit needs
Thank you! What about the artifact abilities that add the "mighty" to an attack? Are those generally more valuable than raw stats?
Edit:
Holy crap they give 4 limit break shards? That really helps me out 😂

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
This is a great resource that's still being updated with new releases. I don't always agree 100% on their best artifacts per character, but it's a good guide for a new player starting out:

Tonberry Troupe's infographics also give recommendations on artifacts for each new character release/update (only ones with an EX+ upgrade):
www.flickr.com

Tonberry Troupe

Explore Tonberry Troupe’s 167 photos on Flickr!

Once you start getting to advanced metrics, this is my favorite Skill and Aura guide to get a full understanding of the character's abilities and strengths. It's well-formatted and easy to read:
docs.google.com

DFFOO Supports R Cool (Mark III)

Party Buffs/Auras (Mark III) Character,ATK Buff,mBRV Buff,Other Party Buff 1,Other Party Buff 2,Other Party Buff 3,Self Buff 1,Self Buff 2,Self Buff 3,Self Buff 4,Self Buff 5,ATK Aura,mBRV Aura,iBRV Aura,BRV Reg Aura,Total ATK,Total mBRV,Total iBRV,Total BRV Reg,Total HP Reg Serah,60%,20%,[Un...

And lastly, this is useful to plan your pulls, since we have the benefit of foresight behind the JP version:
docs.google.com

DFFOO GL Banner Forecast Planner

GL Forecast This forecast has moved! It is no longer being updated!!! New Forecast is at <a href="https://www.tonberrytroupe.com/resources-hub/global-timeline-planner">TonberryTroupe.com</a>

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
She is going to be top tier and wow looks like Vanille's sphere will work on her! I will prob give her Tifa's sphere too. My goodness she's gonna be so overpowered

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
yep Aranea will be all kinds of broken just as I expected.

I have 960 tickets with her name on them. I will literally cap my tickets at her event lol

I already have wild points on summon boards ready for her. Just 24 hours to go!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hold up, hold up, let's look at this with perspective.

One thing I can clearly see from her kit is that while she can deal a ton of damage, and the free turns she gets while breaking gives her good turn count, she clearly can't operate at full power without constantly burning her ability uses.

All her unique buffs stay on for three or four turns, which means that without paying attention, you could definitely run out of them faster then you can apply them, especially considering Overclock needs to be up to make the most of her kit, and can't easily be refreshed without her EX+.

She's definitely gonna need somebody like Eiko on her team to make sure her useful self-buffs are extended Just Enough for her to regulate her ability spending.

She's still super duper rad, but we are gonna need to see some players do some testing to see just how much longevity her powerful kit can bring to the table. We've already had this kind of issue with characters like Vayne and Ultimecia, and they both at least had ability use restoring and free ability uses, respectively, to help keep them in line.

It's really really good then, that her HP+ is so gosh darn powerful, and so capable of being used regularly, but caution is definitely the name of her game.