• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled Selphies 35cp on the free draw. I'm always happy to pull an VIII weapon even if it's a dupe.

Maxed Rinoa out and got Irvines EX. Now to just work on EX+ the rest of the VIII cast.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Got Gau's 35 on the free draw so tossed a handful of tickets on the banner and also got his EX. It's kind of too bad that just getting an EX isn't really enough these days, since you need books and ingots to maximize, but down the line I may build him up. I've always liked him since I was a kid and obsessed with learning all his rages in VI :)

And as always, excited for the stream today!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tossed some more tickets at Rinoa's banner and got her EX. I'm not worried about maxing it out now, but it's nice to have.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
There it is, I'm capped on tickets with like 15+ more to claim, 14 days left before they disappear so I hope tonight's livestream will be good.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Has anyone been using Vaan with Aranea? His major drawback from a powerful update to his double-feature abilities was that, as elemenally diverse, they were hard to make powerful and deal with enemy strengths.

Now that Aranea is boosting damage by 1.5 times and making all hits crits, I wonder how powerful his attacks are now, considering when he was used during his comeback, he was hitting for a VERY large amount of damage, especially with the Brv refund into his second Brv+Hp attack.

I Imagine Kuja is in a similar place, with his massively multi hitting Brv+ two Hp attack second ability, but I'm curious with Vaan since both his abilities do double Hp hits.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So I have 14 days to use about 30 tickets, wanted to wait for Penelo/Edge but it's slightly after that, didn't think I'd cap so fast since I was at 0 tickets 2 months ago.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll do some pulls on Lulu's banner since I'd really like her EX, and then pity Penelo/Edge if I have to. After that, I'm saving for May since there's at least four banners that month that I'm interested in.
Ashe and Prishe EX plus right? sweet. I also need Lulu!
Ashe's EX is supposed to come back with Fran's LC, which will be April. I think it's Prishe and Kefka's EX.

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
Got Gau's 35 on the free draw so tossed a handful of tickets on the banner and also got his EX. It's kind of too bad that just getting an EX isn't really enough these days, since you need books and ingots to maximize, but down the line I may build him up. I've always liked him since I was a kid and obsessed with learning all his rages in VI :)

This is the main holdback for me on going all out on future banners. I stockpiled a lot of gems and tickets, but I'm down to just 6 ingots, so I can only really aim for 3 characters at best in March, even though I have enough gems to pity pull 4 times now. I wanted to get OK, Yuri, Lulu, Jecht, Edge, and Penelo, all of whom I'm missing EX's for, but I'm going to have to cherry pick which ones I'll actually invest in.

Does anyone know how Yuri actually plays? I just hear how good he becomes with EX+, but know very little of his kit.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
OMG FINALLY I DID IT

DE 7 perfect with my shit team

DE_7_Perfect.png

I couldnt record it (again) but my god finally after 3 days of trying I managed to achieve a perfect for the 2nd time with this shit team lol

Anyways after the stream I thought I would let the newer players who recently joined that they might have some problems completing all the heretics coming up in a few days, unless they either pull on the heretic banner or managed to acquire a sizeable roster since joining

Heretics are like a mini Dimensions End Entropy where units get locked out and cant be used again in the next stage unless you use the synergy characters, then you won't get locked out at all.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any mission good to get stones for upgrading weapons? Since I hit blue I'm having supply issues.

I also need 1 book for having enough to Limit Break my blue weapon, I suppose they are super rare?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll try to get Yuri/OK with my tickets.
This is the main holdback for me on going all out on future banners. I stockpiled a lot of gems and tickets, but I'm down to just 6 ingots, so I can only really aim for 3 characters at best in March, even though I have enough gems to pity pull 4 times now. I wanted to get OK, Yuri, Lulu, Jecht, Edge, and Penelo, all of whom I'm missing EX's for, but I'm going to have to cherry pick which ones I'll actually invest in.

Does anyone know how Yuri actually plays? I just hear how good he becomes with EX+, but know very little of his kit.
Yuri enchant himself and debuff holy resist, give party HP and massive BRV regen (30% of max bravery) and his EX give back 1 use of skill 1 & 2

Last edited:

SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Man... trying to get good artifacts are a Nightmare in this game!!!

A whole day farming tokens, I got decent artifacts to Aranea and other characters (for all the characters, Steiner and Hope deserves a little love even in the bench)

But, for the cursed characters people are not Joking. Got 3 to Yuna, 1 for Serah, and I think it's impossible to get an artifact to Aerith with both Charged Prayer and Wind (for longevity).

Next artifacts I will be cool with 1 good orange base stats... Never again...

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As a new player, are there any characters I should try to get an EX right now (or in the near future)? I've pulled Aranea, Ignis, Zack, Noctis, and Gau so far

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I just checked reddit and JP will start with c.lvl 80 awakening. I really interested with the new call mechanic. It gives a new layer of tactics in the game. And with a very large cast of characters, it would be interesting who would be the meta call character with the new update.

I'm surprised Reno and Rude arrived before Red.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Footage of the new call skills

Characters learn them at 75, enhance at 80
You set to each of the 3 party member like summons.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
That's super rad! It's just like Assists in Duodecim, seems you can call in specific effects for when they really count, like quick healing or near perfect dodge tanking. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these!

Imagine the Burst Damage setups with these!

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
That's super rad! It's just like Assists in Duodecim, seems you can call in specific effects for when they really count, like quick healing or near perfect dodge tanking. I'm looking forward to seeing more of these!

Imagine the Burst Damage setups with these!

I know. You can also be creative with those setups like equipping a buff or debuff to a character who doesn't have this ability (ex. lock) to turn the tide or get out of a sticky situation.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I really hope they increase the difficulty significantly because call assists will be broken as fuck and make a lot of content easy.

It's basically a mini summon attached to every character in your party

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Alright, Y'all! Even though we just got Aranea, who is going to be the most future proof character we're getting for a long time, We finally reunite the twins and get one of the coolest power-ups in this game's history!

Our next banner is Yuri (Featuring his sister, Chelinka) from FF Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates! As well as Onion Knight and his kit-fixing EX+!

For those who don't care, Yuri was such a ticket pull for me, that I literally never touched Onion Knight's EX when I got it so long ago. It's awesome, and has massive utility in taking down high Brv gain bosses and dealing unbelievably large amounts of damage, with his crazy high overflow.

Plus, it's one of the first EX's to have a massive cosmetic change to it's character, as Yuri's sister, Chelinka, shows up beside him to help him use his and her massive power, as is in their game!

Also, I absolutely loved Ring of Fates, it had great Phantasy Star energy to it, and the platforming and puzzles had flexibility to them, since with the right characters or strategies you could completely break them. It was a ton of fun! Good story, too!

Here's his Infographic for more info!

c3eazozypij41.png

Onion Knight was a rad addition when he came out, but was somewhat underpowered due to his lack of proper overflow in the magic part of his kit. With this EX+, he now gets more flexible, and he gets an AA that Enchants the party with Ice, allowing his Ice Damage Imperil to empower his allies! Definitely a solid character for any party.

Here's his EX+ Info, hope he's useful to anyone looking for him!

wy1febirnij41.png

Less then 2 hours to go!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I think I'm going for both of those characters, but definitely Onion Knight I love FFiii on DS. I loved Ring of Fates too but I think I need to save white for Penelo but I will still go for pulls!!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
So we can Call Aranea and have her as support to delay even more? Lol
Even better, call her to inflict Vital Crusher, then proceed to totally destroy the boss during a Summon and a burst!

Although they may have a pre-selected ability they'll use, as well as a unique UI "Call" buff for a small period of time affecting the character who called, as well as the other members of the team if it's a party buff.

Here's hoping it's vital crusher! She'll be showing up with an LD and be call-avalible when her LC hits, so I really, REALLY hope it's Vital Crusher! (Well, I mean Highwind, but you know...)

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So we can Call Aranea and have her as support to delay even more? Lol

I don't think you know how broken calling is.

It's 1 turn and instant turn rate. The ability they use is preselected (either skill 1 or 2)

They get increased buffs before they attack and get extra hits for maximum overflow

Then they either give the caller a unique buff or give the party a unique buff that can last up to 5 turns

There might be somethings missing but that's the general idea. It's basically a mini burst that you can equip on each party member

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just OK's 35cp on the free draw. I'd like Yuri's EX, but I don't really care for OK and I need to save for Lulu, Penelo, and Edge.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
No EX with free pulls and enough tickets to be able to claim the missions/event ones.
I'm still at ticket cap but now I can wait for Penelo/Edge without losing any.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Got Prishe's EX on the free draw for her banner, stones on Yuri's. I may draw a few times later but I need to build some other peeps out first (still working on Aranea lol) to see what I have left to work with.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Got Kefka's EX on the free pull which I didn't have then got a dupe OK on the other banner.

I got 3 dupes from the banners I wanted the other EX on lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I got Onion knight's ex on the free pull lol it was the only gold. Talk about insane. Other pull was two 15 cp Prishe lol.

I'll be honest but I don't care about Yuri but if he's so good as some say then I'll try a few tickets I guess.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I got Onion knight's ex on the free pull lol it was the only gold. Talk about insane. Other pull was two 15 cp Prishe lol.

I'll be honest but I don't care about Yuri but if he's so good as some say then I'll try a few tickets I guess.
He's not critical, but BOY is he future proof!

His EX may take a while to charge, but it restores ability uses, so it evens out. His EX Buff gives everyone 30% Max Brv Regen and 30% Hp Regen, along with 20% Overflow.

Let's put this into perspective for a sec.

Most Brv Regen, you could say all other Brv Regen, works off of iBrv.

His works off of Max Brv. For EVERYONE.

He is gonna he absolutely BUSTED with Vayne, he pulls his weight with Aranea, especially with her Hp+, and even without free turns, he basically takes anyone from the brink of death to a clean 90% Hp in practically the same number of turns he acts. His damage is good, great even, but his REAL power is in his very uniquely intense utility.

I hope anyone who gets him enjoys his kit, because He was the broken attack/support of this general time before Aranea showed up. Although, to be fair, there will be more broken Attack/supports soon enough, so don't feel bad skipping him!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
3 powerstones from free pulls. 247 tickets to get Yuri Ex. Well...that'll keep me away from cap for awhile at least.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I have full hopes that Onion Knight is gonna be a great switch hitter given his single and multitarget flexibility, but I might continue waiting until I actually think I need him to use him, honestly.

I should still max him and everyone else who has 2x Exp's Boards right now, that'll give me a bunch of treasures and save me a bunch of hassle, but any Onion Heads out there, keep me posted on how fun he is in gameplay. I'm expecting some cool Shiva tech to go down.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to use the 20 tickets from the livestream rewards on the OK/Yuri banner and surprisingly got both EX's with them.

Whew, it feels great getting both knowing I didn't have to dip into my gems for it.