• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Here is a picture that perfectly captures how it feels trying to get Lulu with tickets for me so far.

onqartutdik41.jpg

I will try again another time, but I really want her EX, so I hope I get lucky eventually!

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
If you haven't already added me (944398297), I'd love to run a Cosmos Co-op with your Lulu and help each other out! An Aranea would be quite helpful to pair with Lu, and I've got her nearly fully maxed out!

(I don't know why, but I keep peetering our before I finish the brothers Summon board for my guys, I'm gonna have to do a big run for a bunch of my faves for those sweet max Brave bonuses!)

I already have you added from way-back. My in game ID is Eiserne. I usually play later in the day around this hour, so if you're on, I'll shoot you an invite to a co-op. Right now though, I have to redo arts on Jecht, as I didn't realize iBRV was his preferred secondary.

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to save up for Penelo/Edge right now, but I'm tempted to pull a couple times to try to get Yuri 🤔

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Gonna give playing Dissidia on stream a try today while talking about the Final Fantasy franchise with a friend and maybe a funny story I have about the producer of the Dissidia franchise :P

I'll be live in about 30 minutes at https://www.twitch.tv/naar82 I'll probably also talk about what to expect from the Yoko interview tomorrow

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Gonna give playing Dissidia on stream a try today while talking about the Final Fantasy franchise with a friend and maybe a funny story I have about the producer of the Dissidia franchise :P

I'll be live in about 30 minutes at https://www.twitch.tv/naar82 I'll probably also talk about what to expect from the Yoko interview tomorrow
I can't make it tonight because of work, but I hope it goes well!

Give your boy Garland some love from me!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
What are the limitations of playing on other devices than your home device? I have seen some people playing on a computer? Is that like some sort of android emulator? I play on my phone iOS.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
What are the limitations of playing on other devices than your home device? I have seen some people playing on a computer? Is that like some sort of android emulator? I play on my phone iOS.

Outside of the initial download, theres a small download every time you switch devices. Also, your settings get reset when you swithc back and forth between them and bought gems might not transfer over (not 100% on this). Believe people use an android emulator to play this on PC.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Wowwww I got Lulu's ex on a random ticket as well.... like took maybe 5 as I logged in! Yes! That's just crazy. I really wasn't expecting to pull it as I used like 50+ the other night. \o/

I love this. lol

OMG! I GOT IT! LOL

wzZfQS6.png

Yay! Congrats!

Luck has been back these past few banners. Got Yuri in 70 tickets and 2 Lulu in 60 tickets. It's nice to not pity over and over again.

glad to hear it! This game always brings that nice stretch of luck after a bad streak (:

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I love this game so much. Their content release path is practically perfect, the amount of time between new characters and content is so little and it is incredibly engaging to me. Even now that we are out of the 2nd anniversary that actually has afforded me more time to focus on content I didnt get around to like all the hard modes I haven't finished. Cause otherwise I would still be hard core farming and this gives me a bit of a break. But then a lot of farming opportunities return for the spring event so it's not like its gone forever.
My only real criticism of this game is the artifacts. They take a ton of time and luck and there are really only a couple of combinations you even want, there are no potential experimental load outs. FFXIV vanilla had a similar problem (although not luck oriented) with stat allocation for leveling up. There really was only one right answer for a class most of the time so why even allow the decision. But at the same time Artifacts aren't really integral at all for making a character viable. So I can't really complain too much.

Stockpiling gems for Penelo, hopefully going to have 50k ish by then so I hope I get both banner EXs but also Ysholtas 15 and 35. I am desperate for limit breaks so anything I get is useful to be honest I want duplicate 15 and 35s so I can turn those into other recources. I may try and get Kamlanaut 15cp just so that I have him at all, so I can turn him into more gems from rank ups and summon board rewards. But he seems really bad to me lol maybe one of the worst characters?

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I love this game so much. Their content release path is practically perfect, the amount of time between new characters and content is so little and it is incredibly engaging to me. Even now that we are out of the 2nd anniversary that actually has afforded me more time to focus on content I didnt get around to like all the hard modes I haven't finished. Cause otherwise I would still be hard core farming and this gives me a bit of a break. But then a lot of farming opportunities return for the spring event so it's not like its gone forever.
My only real criticism of this game is the artifacts. They take a ton of time and luck and there are really only a couple of combinations you even want, there are no potential experimental load outs. FFXIV vanilla had a similar problem (although not luck oriented) with stat allocation for leveling up. There really was only one right answer for a class most of the time so why even allow the decision. But at the same time Artifacts aren't really integral at all for making a character viable. So I can't really complain too much.

Stockpiling gems for Penelo, hopefully going to have 50k ish by then so I hope I get both banner EXs but also Ysholtas 15 and 35. I am desperate for limit breaks so anything I get is useful to be honest I want duplicate 15 and 35s so I can turn those into other recources. I may try and get Kamlanaut 15cp just so that I have him at all, so I can turn him into more gems from rank ups and summon board rewards. But he seems really bad to me lol maybe one of the worst characters?

Not the worst, but not the best either. Focus on penelo and edge

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Damn, life gets in the way, but here I am, giving you the Tonberry Troupe's helpful infographics right as we get the new banner!

4d7d29ljmvk41.png

k2ae7mruovk41.png

Oh goddamn it. Why do I spend 70+ tickets trying to get one of my favorite final fantasy characters and fail, yet spend like 7 and get a dude I have never heard of?

I wish to share my luck with all of you, and hope those who truly desire the Zilart Hero to succeed in getting him!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Man the music here brings back so many memories O.O

So I did this fight without using imperil or enchant. It CAN be done! Balthier was the MVP. My party was rosa, jecht, baltheir

Man I hope they add more fights like this. This was an interesting fight, but honestly I think the only reason I found this interesting was because I didn't use imperil lol xD

Obviously the fight will be 10x easier if you have imperil/enchant

get a dude I have never heard of?

Shame on you!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I gonna be real, it makes me happy you appear to be a FFIX OG, because I've wanted to pull the trigger for a LOOOOOONG time, and could never find the opportunity to make the most of a sub.

I wanna get to know this arch-duke! I wanna shatter the Chains of Promathia! I wanna establish a linkshell that requires every member to be named after cheese and be a mage, and call it "Quattro Four Magi"

(That last one might be a bit rediculous)

I hope to eventually get my start as a Red Mage someday in the future, and hopefully I can try it by the time Arciela shows up. I hope I can eventually get Kam'lanaut up and running someday when my resources aren't as scarce! His kit is pretty interesting when you can build around it a bit!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I gonna be real, it makes me happy you appear to be a FFIX OG, because I've wanted to pull the trigger for a LOOOOOONG time, and could never find the opportunity to make the most of a sub.

I wanna get to know this arch-duke! I wanna shatter the Chains of Promathia! I wanna establish a linkshell that requires every member to be named after cheese and be a mage, and call it "Quattro Four Magi"

(That last one might be a bit rediculous)

I hope to eventually get my start as a Red Mage someday in the future, and hopefully I can try it by the time Arciela shows up. I hope I can eventually get Kam'lanaut up and running someday when my resources aren't as scarce! His kit is pretty interesting when you can build around it a bit!

FFXI not IX :P hehe I know it's just a typo

Man XI might be my favorite numbered FF, but saying that I have 0 built XI units and will not pull on Kam banner. I don't care how much I like a certain FF, if the character doesn't fill a need in my roster I won't pull.

Do you know how many FF games I have played? All the numbered FF plus other spin offs and such. If I pulled based on stuff I liked in a FF game I played, I would literally be broke

I like FF X and even like Yuna from that game (because summoner is one of my favorite jobs in FF) but I think she is utter shit in OO (sorry Hikari) and you couldn't pay me to build her

Scosher

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle WA
So is Shantotto any good to try to get her EX?

Anyone with EX+ is potentially viable so it's about filling holes in your roster. You want a pretty diverse roster for Dimension's End, as well as Abyss later, and to tackle any sort of boss resistances in Chaos.

Shantotto is a decent magic DPS but not really a meta unit. Her main draw is the fact that she can imperil every element, but she doesn't provide a party enchant to any element like Lulu or Onion Knight. Thus, she works best with characters who have built in elements to their attacks, but who don't have a corresponding imperil. Best examples would be Vaan and Alisaie.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I was doing some Act 2 content and realized there was this space act I never saw before hahaha. I got those shadow weapons and was wondering if those passives were even worth anything or if I should just get them sweet sweet LBs

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I was doing some Act 2 content and realized there was this space act I never saw before hahaha. I got those shadow weapons and was wondering if those passives were even worth anything or if I should just get them sweet sweet LBs

Basically, they exist as a sorta "Shadow" EX weapon. They don't give you an EX, but they have roughly the same stats as an EX weapon, with less CP, and provide a passive that improves the damage of that character's abilities slightly.

Although, it no longer really matters, since it's too much of an investment to actually get that passive, for very little payoff, and EX+ Weapons are obviously superior to them in every way.

Still, they are unique, and you can't really get copies of them, so I'd say you should hold onto them. Push comes to shove, if you think having a cool monochrome version of a protagonist's main weapon avalible as a Weapon Skin is interesting to you, It'd be better to have it then never be able to get it again.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Basically, they exist as a sorta "Shadow" EX weapon. They don't give you an EX, but they have roughly the same stats as an EX weapon, with less CP, and provide a passive that improves the damage of that character's abilities slightly.

Although, it no longer really matters, since it's too much of an investment to actually get that passive, for very little payoff, and EX+ Weapons are obviously superior to them in every way.

Still, they are unique, and you can't really get copies of them, so I'd say you should hold onto them. Push comes to shove, if you think having a cool monochrome version of a protagonist's main weapon avalible as a Weapon Skin is interesting to you, It'd be better to have it then never be able to get it again.
That logic is sound to me, I do love collecting!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone with EX+ is potentially viable so it's about filling holes in your roster. You want a pretty diverse roster for Dimension's End, as well as Abyss later, and to tackle any sort of boss resistances in Chaos.

Shantotto is a decent magic DPS but not really a meta unit. Her main draw is the fact that she can imperil every element, but she doesn't provide a party enchant to any element like Lulu or Onion Knight. Thus, she works best with characters who have built in elements to their attacks, but who don't have a corresponding imperil. Best examples would be Vaan and Alisaie.

Thanks!

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
FFXI not IX :P hehe I know it's just a typo

Man XI might be my favorite numbered FF, but saying that I have 0 built XI units and will not pull on Kam banner. I don't care how much I like a certain FF, if the character doesn't fill a need in my roster I won't pull.

Do you know how many FF games I have played? All the numbered FF plus other spin offs and such. If I pulled based on stuff I liked in a FF game I played, I would literally be broke

I like FF X and even like Yuna from that game (because summoner is one of my favorite jobs in FF) but I think she is utter shit in OO (sorry Hikari) and you couldn't pay me to build her

All that matters is you are a fan! As much as I like Yuna so much I do know in this game she's not the best. I think with her LD and hopefully burst in the future if it ever happens that she will be usable for you :) Obviously you've been very helpful to this thread with all your opinions on what to pull for and that even changed my pulling and ingot choices a bit so that's always welcome. That being said I also do think i've got nearly all my favourites built in this game due to ticket luck, lucky gem pulls etc. I went broke quite a few times but it is nothing like other gacha I play. Example.. I play smt dx2 liberation also and maybe you can only get 1000 gems a week there. It's really terrible when you pull 5 times and get no 5* in that game lol. To make matters worse the best way to get gems over there is PVP and it can be real frustrating against whales. I'm thankful Opera Omnia doesn't have pvp. Then I also play FFBE which doesn't even have hard mode chapters so Lapis (gems) can be very limited sometimes. I've only had to pity maybe 3 times in Opera Omnia which is always nice but I recognize not everyone will be lucky all the time. I fully expect all my favourites to fall off pretty badly if we go by Altema rankings but I try not to take that as 100% The rankings havent always been accurate from what I remember.

Also, kinda unrelated to OO but I actually went to my first Distant worlds FF concert last night and it was amazing! Shimomura was actually supposed to be there but couldn't cause of Coronavirus concerns in Japan... I just found the timing pretty crazy since you recently interviewed her and then I could have seen her. Oh well! It was still a real joy to go to one.... because i've never been able to go when they come here. Always sold out... but it was so worth it.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Also, kinda unrelated to OO but I actually went to my first Distant worlds FF concert last night and it was amazing! Shimomura was actually supposed to be there but couldn't cause of Coronavirus concerns in Japan... I just found the timing pretty crazy since you recently interviewed her and then I could have seen her. Oh well! It was still a real joy to go to one.... because i've never been able to go when they come here. Always sold out... but it was so worth it.
That's amazing! Shame about missing Yoko, but I'm glad you had a good time! I'd love to go to one with a friend sometime!

Anyway, ARE.

YOU.

READY?

...FOR PANDEMOOOOOOONIUM!!!!!!

jdewqm2e2jl41.png

Big note, Special Boosted (or as I like to call them, Super Synergy) characters...

...Can now be used for Past Summon Boards.

That means that if you get any of these wonderful banner characters, or have Y'shtola, you can use them to get the treasures of all the characters from any of their Summon Boards by summoning a powerful friend unit like Aranea or something, and totally destroy the Summon, Twice.

Because you only need 1800 points to get all the treasures of a Summon board, the auto will pick all the parts needed to get to them, and with a triple book and a Special Boosted character, you get 900 points per person!

So, use this as an opportunity to max out some resources and get some gems! I will do my damndest to take advantage of this in the following two weeks, and I hope you can too!

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
All that matters is you are a fan! As much as I like Yuna so much I do know in this game she's not the best. I think with her LD and hopefully burst in the future if it ever happens that she will be usable for you :) Obviously you've been very helpful to this thread with all your opinions on what to pull for and that even changed my pulling and ingot choices a bit so that's always welcome. That being said I also do think i've got nearly all my favourites built in this game due to ticket luck, lucky gem pulls etc. I went broke quite a few times but it is nothing like other gacha I play. Example.. I play smt dx2 liberation also and maybe you can only get 1000 gems a week there. It's really terrible when you pull 5 times and get no 5* in that game lol. To make matters worse the best way to get gems over there is PVP and it can be real frustrating against whales. I'm thankful Opera Omnia doesn't have pvp. Then I also play FFBE which doesn't even have hard mode chapters so Lapis (gems) can be very limited sometimes. I've only had to pity maybe 3 times in Opera Omnia which is always nice but I recognize not everyone will be lucky all the time. I fully expect all my favourites to fall off pretty badly if we go by Altema rankings but I try not to take that as 100% The rankings havent always been accurate from what I remember.

Of course I am a fan! Been playing FF for almost 25 years lol.

I am glad that you found my advice useful and that I was able to influence some of your decisions. More importantly I am glad that you are now in a position where you can clear content quicker and easier than before. I remember around the time of willy and the first batch of lvl 70s you had issues, and despite losing a LOT you didnt give up and eventually beat the fight.

You don't know this but you don't know how relived I was to know that you beat the content, because I didn't wanna feel like we both wasted our time on that lol. I always respect someone who keeps trying and doesnt give up!

That being said I am now a bit bummed because I am looking at my ingots and they will be gone once I max Edge and Penelo (I will still have a couple of books left) Thankfully this is all in the beginning of March and I should have enough time to build my ingot stash by the time April comes around. April will murder all my resources (how do they expect me to max Vayne, Beatrix, Leo, Galuf, Selphie, Fran, Paladin Cecil, and Ashe?????)

Also the new Abyss should also help with ingots I think.

And yea the FF concerts are amazing! Glad you experienced one. Sorry you couldn't meet Yoko, but that's understandable with the whole corona virus thing going on right now. My trip to Japan got delayed because of it too and I was supposed to meet Yoko and some of the Dissidia team when I was there :(

The Yoko interview was great though, although I didn't expect to see so many Kingdom Hearts questions lol

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Wooo 🐼monium!!! Thank you for the info!!!
That is so cool about the super boosted!!
Supper excited for Edge and Penelo, also got 60k gems ready.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Didn't know you saw them. Glad they are useful. Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions
I don't really have a suggestion for you other than to just keep doing what your doing! What I specifically like is how you explain your decisions as you make them. And you break down the boss gimmicks really clearly which I like. I definitely still feel like I have a lot to learn, watching you makes me have an "oh I get it" moment.

I need y'all advice btw. Here are all my EX weapons and where they are at. I plan to go all in on Penelo and probably Edge.
Which of these characters should I finish next do you think?:

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I don't really have a suggestion for you other than to just keep doing what your doing! What I specifically like is how you explain your decisions as you make them. And you break down the boss gimmicks really clearly which I like. I definitely still feel like I have a lot to learn, watching you makes me have an "oh I get it" moment.

I need y'all advice btw. Here are all my EX weapons and where they are at. I plan to go all in on Penelo and probably Edge.
Which of these characters should I finish next do you think?:

Oh that's good to know. That was my main worry, is that if I started narrating then the videos will get too long and people will find it less useful.

Also I hate talking while I do Chaos fights, but I gotta do what I gotta do lol

I honestly would recommend that you don't upgrade any weapon yet other than Edge and Penelo because I don't think you do Entropy yet? If you do then I suggest lulu for imperil

If you have some extra ingots then I suggest Gau as he is incredibly fun to play and can fit in several team comps

Other than adding a few melee units, you have a viable chaos roster to do multiple different fights. You still need more units to be able to do Entropy though

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Oh that's good to know. That was my main worry, is that if I started narrating then the videos will get too long and people will find it less useful.

Also I hate talking while I do Chaos fights, but I gotta do what I gotta do lol

I honestly would recommend that you don't upgrade any weapon yet other than Edge and Penelo because I don't think you do Entropy yet? If you do then I suggest lulu for imperil

If you have some extra ingots then I suggest Gau as he is incredibly fun to play and can fit in several team comps

Other than adding a few melee units, you have a viable chaos roster to do multiple different fights. You still need more units to be able to do Entropy though
I would have a hard time talking too haha but you do a good job so keep it up! I like the full length video a lot of guys speed it up and I don't really learn anything other than potential comps.
You're right I don't do entropy, I'm at 4/7 on Pathos I'm thinking that Edge Penelo will give me enough steam to finish it!
Entropy is definitely my goal.
Side note I wish I had Balthier EX😭

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Here's another piece of art from the same person who did the Lulu art! We got a rising star on the reddit!

ngmcsooahol41.jpg

Personally, I'm prepared to gempull on both of these suckers if neccessary. Edge alongside an extender like Yuna or Eiko can keep the party alive so gosh darn hard, and Penelo is a broken Support with an amazing EX+ that is completely enemy stat agnostic, and can hit max damage in the right circumstances regardless of hits.

Ahhhh, I hope I can get them both! Remember, these two are worth it, but there are others down the line too.

Like the Infographic for pandemonium said, if you have Y'shtola, you are good to go already. If not, just get her crystal level to 55 after pulling one of her weapons.

Also, this is an oppertunity to get treasures for EVERYONE you have, since these characters are gonna work for other Summon Boards, so if you wanna just use tickets, you will have A LOT of tickets to use. Hundreds, perhaps more then a thousand potential tickets gained six at a time ever two runs on any Summon board for any fresh character. Keep that in mind!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll finally be able to get that silver plate on DE after maxing Penelo.
After that waiting for Lightning to solo one of the DE stage, haha.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I'm going 100% all in gems on Penelos banner I need practically everything it has. And I need LB mats so there isn't a downside as far as I'm concerned.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Here we go, Penelo and Edge's infographics!

75z9sw1topl41.png

bm0esfqoppl41.png

Penelo is a super useful support, who's free-turn application of buffs and solid battery ability, as well as her frankly massive aura and buffs make her immensely useful! Solid investment, especially with another character doing iBrv, Max Brv or Atk aura, considering it improves her battery and EX damage.

I love Edge, and I hope to use him often! His kit is deceptively supportive in practice, and requires a little tricky use to make the most of it, but he basically protects the party completely from harm if used properly! Just remember to drop that speed buff to artificially extend his EX's party Evasion aura, it's the difference between protecting the party from one huge attack to two, especially if you can extend it!

Also, notice that he locks enemies to him using smoke screen! You only get so many uses, so be smart and use it on enemies not targeting him, don't waste an opportunity to protect the whole party in one shot!

By the way, I'm super excited to use somebody like Krile with him to make the most of his thunder by imperiling it, AND improving the bonus from 1.5 to 2.0, it's gonna be crazy.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
999 + 136 redeemable tickets ready for tonight, good luck everyone.
I wouldn't mind getting Edge for sure, I need to diversify my roster with niche characters anyway. Someday I'll need to seriously invest myself in DE before we get the special campaign where you get rewards depending on your completed floor. https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFFOO/comments/dfwbfn/jp_autumn_campaign_details/
You can get almost 29k gems and 4 books/ingots if you finished all 13 available floors when it starts.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll try for Penelo.

I just beat my finished my first couple of Chaos events. Beat Leviathan w/ no continues, and finished the FF11 dude's event, but I wiped near the end.

Used Lulu/Cloud/Y'Shtolla for both runs.

Game is really opening up for me, and now I really want to start focusing on teams and synergy.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So...I may not pull based on my favorite FF game, but you better believe I have favorites within OO and that is my boy Edge!

He was my first MLB and got me through a lot of content in the early days of no 35cp weapons and he also was the first unit I used weapon tokens on because I couldn't get his 35 lol. He wasn't that great at the time, but I had an excess of tokens to use.

Now with his rework and ex+ he becomes a beast and you better believe I will be pulling on him in a few hours!

I got 600 tickets reserved all with Edge and Penelo's name on them

Only thing that sucks is we won't be getting any XII music via Penelo because she comes in a summon banner rather than a character event (XII/Tactics music is the best)

Anyway both units are HIGHLY recommended and I highly recommend going for both and not just Penelo

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Hype!! Can't wait!

Out of curiosity if you get an EX weapon that isn't realizable yet does that become realizable later when they do that? For my Lightning for instance? I got 4 of those so it's ready to realize if that's how that works haha.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh, I can't make up my mind on if I want to ingot Penelo. It says she's pretty good at 0/3 thankfully and with ingots being the rare commodity that they are, I'd prefer only using them if it makes a large difference or the character is a fave. Seems like Attackers are the best investment for ingots since they pretty much always need 3/3, no?

As for pulling, I only have 358 tickets atm but I have 524k gems. Hope I can get Penelo ;) It would sure be nice to get Yshtola's along the way too.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Ugh, I can't make up my mind on if I want to ingot Penelo. It says she's pretty good at 0/3 thankfully and with ingots being the rare commodity that they are, I'd prefer only using them if it makes a large difference or the character is a fave. Seems like Attackers are the best investment for ingots since they pretty much always need 3/3, no?

As for pulling, I only have 358 tickets atm but I have 524k gems. Hope I can get Penelo ;) It would sure be nice to get Yshtola's along the way too.

Honestly, even if she's good without maxing, you should really max her. Her EX+ is massively powerful, damage wise, and also extends and empowers the buffs that her dances provide.

More stacks mean access to her Hp++ and Brv++ for them, and those stacks stay if you switch to the other stance, especially given that they are free action abilities and her EX+ charges super fast.

She is very much worth a full investment, in my opinion. If you aren't my feeling it, that's fine! But she will put a Ton of work in for you!

Also, Jesus, over 500K Gems!?! What the hell have I been doing?!? I barely have 50K right now, and contemplating just going all in on Gem pulls so I can get some 15 and 35 Cp weapons, especially since I never maxed any of Y'shtola's weapons! Other then her EX+, of course!

If you guys haven't done so already, you can knock out Lulu's Lost Chapter while you wait the extra 40ish minutes left on the clock!

For real though, have I been THIS behind on doing legacy content and Summon Boards? Or is this just good ticket luck and an indomitable will to save premium resources for the Burst era?

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I never did this but I guess I can stream my pulls since I plan to go through at least 600 tickets to get both EX weapons

We can talk about why Tactics is the greatest game ever and why VIII is crap while I do my pulls :) https://www.twitch.tv/naar82

I'll start streaming a minute or 2 before the banners go live

I will probably unlock Pandemonium Chaos, but I doubt I will stream the chaos fight or the entropy fight as I like to test things and do weird stuff so I can do a proper video

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I never did this but I guess I can stream my pulls since I plan to go through at least 600 tickets to get both EX weapons

We can talk about why Tactics is the greatest game ever and why VIII is crap while I do my pulls :) https://www.twitch.tv/naar82

I'll start streaming a minute or 2 before the banners go live

I will probably unlock Pandemonium Chaos, but I doubt I will stream the chaos fight or the entropy fight as I like to test things and do weird stuff so I can do a proper video

Sure, we can chat about how Tactics is overrated, and FF VIII is the greatest love story, Evah Told.

Just kidding, they are all great to me! I hope you do, it could be fun! I can't be there, but have fun!

Best of luck, to All the dang Y'all!

latest
latest

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, even if she's good without maxing, you should really max her. Her EX+ is massively powerful, damage wise, and also extends and empowers the buffs that her dances provide.

More stacks mean access to her Hp++ and Brv++ for them, and those stacks stay if you switch to the other stance, especially given that they are free action abilities and her EX+ charges super fast.

She is very much worth a full investment, in my opinion. If you aren't my feeling it, that's fine! But she will put a Ton of work in for you!

Also, Jesus, over 500K Gems!?! What the hell have I been doing?!? I barely have 50K right now, and contemplating just going all in on Gem pulls so I can get some 15 and 35 Cp weapons, especially since I never maxed any of Y'shtola's weapons! Other then her EX+, of course!

If you guys haven't done so already, you can knock out Lulu's Lost Chapter while you wait the extra 40ish minutes left on the clock!

For real though, have I been THIS behind on doing legacy content and Summon Boards? Or is this just good ticket luck and an indomitable will to save premium resources for the Burst era?
I value your advice sensei..er I mean Quistis! That you go into detail with your points is why I have confidence in them. Ok, after knocking out virtually all the chaos stages in LCs and main story, I have the ingots now. The fact I won't need any for LD weapons makes it an easier choice because I WILL have my Squall maxed to the T when his new stuff appears (except for orbs and maybe damn artifacts). I'm assuming Burst weapons use ingots? Although I'm not going to hoard for that just yet since I have until around August.

Yep! I knocked out all the main story on both difficulties and did the same with all the Lost Chapters and that meant hundreds of thousands of gems :D That's the main reason but I also got lucky getting Arenea on the first 5k pull after the freebie and lucked into Rinoa and Irvines with tickets. I want to say Zack is the only one I've had to pull hard for so far. I'm also a master tier hoarder in Kourizan's league haha The both of us are tops in FFBE and apparently he's got that crown for this game too. That said, due to the nature of how this game gives characters a shorter time in the meta, I probably won't hoard quite to the degree I'm able to in FFBE. We shall see! You better believe I'm not going to allow myself to dip below the Burst pity for Squall though!

Also, I'll defend Squall X Rinoa until the end of time! It can be compressed if need be!