• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I told you earlier that there is no 1 strategy for chaos. Each fight is different and requires a different team.

With that said you seem to have good mix of melee and magic units, but severely lacking in supports and tanks

I have no idea how many ingots you have, but if I had to choose 7 to focus on it would be

1. Penelo
2. Edge
3. Celes
4. Eiko
5. Yuri
6. Jecht
7. Papalymo

That's not counting the meta busting units coming out next week and the week after

Yeah, I'm not looking for strategies, just the units to fill out the gaps and what to focus on going forward.

I've got enough to purple 3 characters right now. I'll do Penelo and see if I can't unlock more. I'll wait a bit to see what happens with characters in the next couple weeks.

Thanks!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Yeah, I'm not looking for strategies, just the units to fill out the gaps and what to focus on going forward.

I've got enough to purple 3 characters right now. I'll do Penelo and see if I can't unlock more. I'll wait a bit to see what happens with characters in the next couple weeks.

Thanks!
Yeah, glad you have a good plan now! Remember that your biggest hurdles for party comp early on will be these three things in order.

1. Is the boss resistant to my damage type
2. Is the boss resistant to my Element?
3. Is the boss resistant to my Strategy?

Here's a massive diatribe describing what I mean in detail!

One is like bringing a magic character to a boss that resists magic attacks. They will do no damage, and will be made a fool of! Unless... they deal elemental damage the boss is weak against, or is capable of either being enchanted to do boss weak damage, like Lulu enchanting the party to do fire damage, or enchanting themselves so all their damage is of an element (and being enchanted with the same element you do naturally with an attack gives it a 20% Damage bonus, so that's nice!

Alternatively, if the boss is neutral to the element, and your character both can deal the element with all attacks and can make the boss weak, not only will they do weakness damage, it will Override the Damage Type to do Weakness Damage instead!

Like for example, Yuri is a light focused character, but he has both ranged and magic attacks, and the boss you send him after resists magic. That blows, until you realize the boss doesn't resist light element damage. Once Yuri gets to use his EX+, he can inflict Light Element Resist Down, and Enchant his entire moveset with Light Element. Now, all his attacks will do weakness level Light Element Damage to the boss, and even the magic will do weakness damage, because the Elemental Weakness takes priority over the Damage Type.

Remember though, that some characters don't do the same element with all attacks, and can even focus on two different elements. Enchant will not work on elements that are not Non-Elemental or the element they are for, so you can't bring Lulu and Yuri to a light resist boss and expect Lulu to make Yuri deal weakness Damage, it won't work.

Also, notice I mention Light Resistance had to not be a factor? Resist Down works on a tiered basis. If an enemy resists something, it will make them neutral to it. If they are neutral to it, it will make them weak. If they are already weak, then it will go no lower.

Also, if they Absorb it, they will take no damage, and no damage will go to resist. Basically, most characters that make an enemy weak to their element, need to be able to do that to stay competitive with their damage. So don't even bring them to fights with enemies that resist their element, because they will not do well during them.

The last portion, after all is said and done, is the most important, and technically the first one. What does the boss do, and what characters do I have that counteracts their moveset or strategy?

Take for example, a classic hard CHAOS boss, since CHAOS is where this will be the most important, since even COSMOS bosses can sorta be muscled on with strong enough characters, or just don't have as harsh mechanics.

In the story mode chapter in Act. 2, where it spotlights Kuja as a main focus, you face off against one of the most important fights in FFIX: Soulcage. Here's his DissidiaDB page:https://dissidiadb.com/bestiary/standard/678

This guy sucks in this one, since he can routinely inflict awful status effects on your team, which can potentially push off your non-Framed buffs as well since you can only have Six effects at a time, and he both can inflict Fire Resist Down, making his Firaga deal a ton of Brave damage to a party member, but can also set themselves On Fire, raising their stats semi-permanently for the fight.

And if that's not bad enough, they have a very powerful recast ability, an attack for bosses that charges up visibly over their healthbar like an EX, that will make them unleash a devastating attack once filled. When he's on fire, it does fire damage, on the whole party, and then a split Hp Attack. That will most likely Kill your ENTIRE Party in one shot.

This guy sounds like a nightmare, right? That's because there is a lot of mechanics to consider, and the right characters can go a long way.

For example, don't bring any fire characters. He doesn't resist fire, but he will become more dangerous if he is hit with a fire attack. What can make him less dangerous, however, is being hit with an Blizzard Attack. So, Onion Knight, Papalymo (if you limit his Fire attacks or use them carefully), Palom, these are characters who have Ice Element attacks as a focus, and can not only deal consistent damage to the boss, but neuter his ability to ruin the party, and keep his stats manageable!

Now, the debuffs are also a problem, since he inflicts so dang many that you have trouble processing them all. There are two solutions to this, you can deal with the Debuffs directly with effects like Debuff Resistance through characters like Ignis, Lenna, or Aphmau. They can directly remove the danger of the Debuffs by preventing them from sticking altogether. A less ideal but similarly effective solution is a character that dispels the Debuffs, like Yuna and to an extent Yuffie, who can remove them, and can sometimes throw them back into the bosses' face, in the case of Yuffie!

The other method is a silver lining in the fact that these are all inflicted by attacks, not just ailment effects. Since, for example, most of these are magical based, if you used a character that could prevent that magic, like Agrias's EX inflicting Silence, making him skip a turn if you know he's gonna hit with something like his Recast Ability, or Celes' Runic, making him focus the single target attacks to her and negating them on her specifically, you can stop the attack from hitting, thereby stopping the Debuffs from hitting as well! Edge is super good at this, Because he stops the whole party from being hit with any attack for a few turns by using his EX, and can regularily attract and dodge single hit attacks too, regardless of damage type.

So, have you noticed a trend in my response? There isn't usually anything you can do to mitigate particularly brutal boss effects and issues without having the right character to do so, but it's often less the character, and more the character Type.

If a boss buffs their stats with visible buffs all the time, you wanna bring a character who can Dispel enemy buffs. If a boss resists all Debuffs, you wanna bring characters that either don't rely on their Debuffs to be effective, or can secretly sneak them in through party aura effects, like Sephiroth and his aura speed down.

Having only Elemental characters built up will make it hard to do the fight where the enemy resists all elements. Having only melee characters built up will make the fight where the boss counters all melee attacks more difficult, etcetera.

Any weaknesses in your line up will take time to mend because this is still a Gatcha game, and thus different characters will be in the spotlight at different times. There will be a time where it will be much easier to pick and choose from the past to make up a good party, and even now you can complete a permentant five-layer event that gives you a free EX, but having a plan and knowing what you do and don't have are important to making it to a point where you don't just beat content, you Decimate Content!

The moral of this whole thing is, the game, at the highest level, doesn't ask you to bring the most broken characters, because most bosses resist any given character's strategy and moveset. It asks of you to diversify your lineup, so you can handle any potential challenge ahead of you.

I hope my advice has helped you and anyone else understand what it means to excel and truly have an awesome time with this game at a high level, and why I and many others consider it the best Gatcha Game ever made!

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On another note, how often do they bring back alt costumes? I like Tifa's alt, but I don't know if I $37-like it.
They usually bring back alt costumes when a character is on a current banner and featured in a current event. So for Tifa her costume will probably come back in the future when she's featured in an event and her EX is on a current banner at that time.

For example, Lightning's alt costume will probably return when she gets her level 70 awakening soon, and her EX returns on a banner with Shadow and Hope's EX.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Alright, I need help with team composition for chaos:

My purple units, all summon boards completed:

Cloud
Zack
Sephiroth
Y'shtolla
Tifa
Golbez
Lulu
Y'shtolla

My EX/EX+ units, all summon boards completed

Aerith
Lightning
Ramza
Ace
Yuna
Barret
Serah
Terra
Lann & Reynn
Eiko
Noctis
Squall
Shantotto
Penelo
Celes
Ignis
Edge
Jecht
Papalymo

People with EX's I haven't worked on yet:

Yuri
Edgar
Cid
Layle
Gau
Vivi
Seymore

What are some potential team compositions I have, or could easily create, with the peeps I have?

Who should I look at purpling out? Looking toward consistently completing Chaos content and working up to finishing Pathos and Entropy.

It really depends how much ingots you have. Seems you dont have Aranea listed here so chaos is probably rough for you in some parts. Most of us have been just making these fights incredibly easy with Aranea since she's broken xD.

Seems you have some good units in purple right now though and are making some great use of Tifa and Y'shtola synergy I imagine.. so that's a great start. If it were me personally I would invest in Serah as while she has kinda fallen a bit she's still really amazing with her debuffs and ex + combo. She's just a really amazing unit. Penelo should be 100% purpled as she's probably the best support in the game right now... and unlike Ignis she can put up quite a bit of damage. Celes will cheese any magic fight for you so there's that if you are struggling with magic fights. Her runic and ex+ buffs make impressive synergy as she hits really hard and absorbs any magic which will cover her units. Her c 65 Lock all bloom move will make every enemy auto target her as well. Yuna is an option to purple if you want an auto farmer. She can auto all crystal quests/artifact quest if you have her built properly but i'm just going to assume you didn't build her artifacts because they are a hassle. I have heard mixed things about Edge not needing to be purple but I would realize him asap for sure. You can also work on Layle as he is extremely good. I am not sure if he needs purple, however. If you want another great magic dps then I would suggest Terra but be warned as she runs out of skills pretty fast even though she hits so hard. Yuri is extremely good right now so that's an option although Penelo kinda destroys him in support. Yuri has good damage though. I can't say anything about the rest of your units as I have never really felt they were strong or I dont use them much. Lightning will be realized in May and her burst is extremely good so maybe that's something you want to save for in the future. I hope that helps.

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really depends how much ingots you have. Seems you dont have Aranea listed here so chaos is probably rough for you in some parts. Most of us have been just making these fights incredibly easy with Aranea since she's broken xD.

Seems you have some good units in purple right now though and are making some great use of Tifa and Y'shtola synergy I imagine.. so that's a great start. If it were me personally I would invest in Serah as while she has kinda fallen a bit she's still really amazing with her debuffs and ex + combo. She's just a really amazing unit. Penelo should be 100% purpled as she's probably the best support in the game right now... and unlike Ignis she can put up quite a bit of damage. Celes will cheese any magic fight for you so there's that if you are struggling with magic fights. Her runic and ex+ buffs make impressive synergy as she hits really hard and absorbs any magic which will cover her units. Her c 65 Lock all bloom move will make every enemy auto target her as well. Yuna is an option to purple if you want an auto farmer. She can auto all crystal quests/artifact quest if you have her built properly but i'm just going to assume you didn't build her artifacts because they are a hassle. I have heard mixed things about Edge not needing to be purple but I would realize him asap for sure. You can also work on Layle as he is extremely good. I am not sure if he needs purple, however. If you want another great magic dps then I would suggest Terra but be warned as she runs out of skills pretty fast even though she hits so hard. Yuri is extremely good right now so that's an option although Penelo kinda destroys him in support. Yuri has good damage though. I can't say anything about the rest of your units as I have never really felt they were strong or I dont use them much. Lightning will be realized in May and her burst is extremely good so maybe that's something you want to save for in the future. I hope that helps.

I don't know how I missed Aranea, but she's one of my purple units.

Thanks for all of this. :)

Went ahead and purpled Penelo. I love Celes, so it's good to hear she's good.

I've got enough ingots to purple two more characters right now. I'm up to 3 in Pathos. Just trying to build teams to get more ingots.

I got the little L & R peeps to autofarm for me.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I don't know how I missed Aranea, but she's one of my purple units.

Thanks for all of this. :)

Went ahead and purpled Penelo. I love Celes, so it's good to hear she's good.

I've got enough ingots to purple two more characters right now. I'm up to 3 in Pathos. Just trying to build teams to get more ingots.

I got the little L & R peeps to autofarm for me.
Let's just say that despite what I said earlier about there being no real tier list, and the game being all about having a diverse group of characters... Aranea is gonna put in a huge amount of work for you, especially if you can enchant her during Chaos Bosses that resist Ranged Damage.

Keep her in mind, and be careful with her kit, she'll be very helpful!

For those who missed her, no sweat! General Leo fits a similar purpose and also kicks immense butt, so try to save up some gems for that guy!

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just say that despite what I said earlier about there being no real tier list, and the game being all about having a diverse group of characters... Aranea is gonna put in a huge amount of work for you, especially if you can enchant her during Chaos Bosses that resist Ranged Damage.

Keep her in mind, and be careful with her kit, she'll be very helpful!

For those who missed her, no sweat! General Leo fits a similar purpose and also kicks immense butt, so try to save up some gems for that guy!

I've messed around with Aranea and Lulu. Super awesome.

Edit: Just got a perfect on level 1 of Entropy w/ Aranea, Penelo, Tifa.

Beast team is beast.

Edit 2: HOLY SHIT 40 PIECES TO MAKE INGOTS? Lol

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I've messed around with Aranea and Lulu. Super awesome.

Edit: Just got a perfect on level 1 of Entropy w/ Aranea, Penelo, Tifa.

Beast team is beast.

Edit 2: HOLY SHIT 40 PIECES TO MAKE INGOTS? Lol
Yeah, now you know why diversity is so important in this game! (and in real life!)

You get sick ass rewards from the Far Edge of Demensions levels, including a ton of Ingots for weapons!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
These in game content updates lack the oomph/fun of the monthly streams. Hype month either way, so very ready for it.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, I pulled a Motor Drive! Now I'm ready to tackle the easy set of the machine zone (or whatever) levels where I can only use FFVII units.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
The look up at the end.

When are we getting these l?

Very far away still. August/September for burst to hit but if you mean this Cloud one then that's super far away. Luckily, the bursts will be on every banner but they cost a fortune to pity and are extremely lucky to pull... plus you need the LD weapons too.

Also, I can imagine Calliope is very happy with this video :P

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
The monthly update wasn't quite the same without Josh and Glacie on stream but that just speaks to how great they both are with the community. Still, lots of good stuff to come next month, plus all those free draws!
Very far away still. August/September for burst to hit but if you mean this Cloud one then that's super far away. Luckily, the bursts will be on every banner but they cost a fortune to pity and are extremely lucky to pull... plus you need the LD weapons too.

Also, I can imagine Calliope is very happy with this video :P
Happy is an understatement lol. Omg I screamed. They did my boy so proud. *sniff*
Hopefully Yuna gets equally epic and awesome new weapons and animations :)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Went to sleep "early" so I missed the announcements (and nobody posted those on Reddit), been waiting all morning but it was in maintenance, and now it says Apple Store is fucking up again, great...

Last edited:

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
I'm back again. I'm catching up for a lot of content. I've got Papalymo's EX. He looks like powerhouse though he needs a 3/3. From observing in a co-op, he seems to have a rotation. Do you have any recommendations for his skill rotation?

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Trying to plan my pulls for the next month but really not sure what to do!
Currently sitting on 115k gems and 550ish tickets. More should come during the month and I still have a lot of uncleared story/LC for gems so...

For now my plan is this:
- Gem pulls for Leo and the early April Lightning/Hope banner. If I don't gem pull anything else I should easily have enough for 2 potential pity.
- Tickets for Beatrix/Vayne.

Where I'm not sure is whether or not I should invest gems in Vayne and risk not having enough to pity Lightning later one.
I'm also a bit short on Ingot so I'm not sure I need that many characters's Ex weapons. I haven't done any Dimension's End so I guess I have a small reserve of ingots but not sure when I'll be able to do it.

I'm not really looking for advice (as pulling is always really dependent on current roster and needs), I'm only really thinking out loud (I hope that's ok :P ) but if anyone has some insight, I'll be glad to take it :)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Trying to plan my pulls for the next month but really not sure what to do!
Currently sitting on 115k gems and 550ish tickets. More should come during the month and I still have a lot of uncleared story/LC for gems so...

For now my plan is this:
- Gem pulls for Leo and the early April Lightning/Hope banner. If I don't gem pull anything else I should easily have enough for 2 potential pity.
- Tickets for Beatrix/Vayne.

Where I'm not sure is whether or not I should invest gems in Vayne and risk not having enough to pity Lightning later one.
I'm also a bit short on Ingot so I'm not sure I need that many characters's Ex weapons. I haven't done any Dimension's End so I guess I have a small reserve of ingots but not sure when I'll be able to do it.

I'm not really looking for advice (as pulling is always really dependent on current roster and needs), I'm only really thinking out loud (I hope that's ok :P ) but if anyone has some insight, I'll be glad to take it :)

No problem! A few pages back, I posted some pull info about April that should be helpful for you and anyone else, I'll repost it now!

Like I said, this isn't really a "Tier List" kinda game. If we are excited for a particular character, like Penelo and Edge, then they are meta, and high tier.

If you need some reccomendations on team building, let us know what character EX's you have, and we'll try to help!

Here is a list of all the characters showing up in the near future, if anyone want's to comment on who are major players in the following months, go ahead, I'll just cover next month, April.

If anyone else wants to comment, go ahead! This can be a fun way to reaffirm who you wanna save for!

0dyzkycf7ti41.jpg

Click on the character's name to go straight to their Dissidia Database entry in JP, to get all their info about what their abilities and equipment do, as well as other metadata.

April

Beatrix (Steiner): Beatrix does solid Lighting Magic Damage and can protect the party with defensive and Hp Regen buffs, special ability to protect everyone's HP for one turn with a single-use HP+++ Transformation every time she uses her EX, very awesome. (Steiner does more damage. Not exciting or major, but a fun character nonetheless.)

Exdeath (Gilgamesh): Exdeath has a massive focus on Gravity effects, basically reducing Brv by percentages before doing big attacks. He also inflicts a unique debuff, Curse, which does Hp Damage each enemy turn, as well as Debuff stats. He basically debuffs and deals tons of damage, and focuses on being able to reduce Brv without interacting with enemy Defense or Breaking enemies, which makes him very useful to party members with Breaking mechanics, like Lighting, who need to break to do extra turns and such. Very Rad! (Gilgamesh does more damage, not terribly exciting, but he has a fun kit where his abilities morph around, so that's fun.)

General Leo (Galuf): Okay, this is a big banner! Leo's big deal is that he's a support DPS, who provides a crucial debuff that we have technically gotten early with Aranea. It's a Framed Debuff (can't be ovrwritten or pushed off until it expires) that makes single target attacks deal 50% more damage. It's freaking rediculous, and his other attack delays enemies by two turns and does massive damage. He's a super support and is very very meta. (Galuf is no slouch either, he protects his allies from harm with Cover, and gives himself full physical [both Melee and Ranged] Evasion, and does a powerful counterattack when he dodges. He's basically like edge, except he protects the party more frequently and for much longer, but is still damaged by Magic attacks without countering them. Still very powerful, and his new EX does tons of damage as well. Very worth pulling for both!)

Vayne Solidor (Paladin Cecil Harvey): HOOOO BOY, have I been waiting for this one! Vayne is a DPS with a twist. He may not deal a huge amount of damage on his own, but he builds stacks to a special buff that, when full, gives him three turns in a row, two being free. It's DEVASTATING when used appropriately, and that's not even his best trait! One of his abilities unbreaks an enemy, and then goes on to hit four more times, and is very powerful, while also acting as a delay attack due to how breaks work. His EX is super loaded too, as not only does it bring his stacks to full, but also gives him ability uses back for both his abilities, meaning with proper use of his good Brv+ and Hp+, he can go indefinitely and deal tons of damage! Now it also rebreaks enemies, and does more damage, his kit is loaded, and he is handsome, get immediately! (Cecil is a very useful support DPS who can fill the Battery and Healing roles in a party just fine, and now can provide both Light resist down with his EX, but also Light Enchant for the party with his AA, so he can even provide very good damage buffing in bursts. Very solid party member!)

Fran (Ashelia B'nargan Dalmasca): Fran is a solid Damage Support, But is also now a rediculous Damage dealer too, both having a stacking debuff with tons of useful mitigating effects, as well as providing Range Resist Down, But also has a super powerful EX, and very VERY high overflow and hits on all attacks. Super powerful, very solid. (Ashe deals small debuffs on enemies, but also provides both of the rare Phys attack up and Mag attack up buffs to the party. Might make for too many buffs with other supports, but is a solid character with splash damage on her EX.)

Hopefully that can help you better understand what the characters are about, and help you make informed decisions about the future!

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've decided to pull for Vayne and Leo, ticket for Beatrix, but is Fran worth getting? I have lots of tickets from doing all summon boards for treasures during the event

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I thought Lightning was May? You should have enough by then right?
I'm definitely spending gems on Vayne.
He's gonna be SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I'm telling you, back in the day, He, Zack, and Serah were the CREW. Did SO much damage together, and now they are gonna rock again!

I was callin' them my Boys for so long, they were the SOLDIER and the Solidor, I loved using them together, and now they are fully BACK. And I can rock Beatrix with them too, alongside others!

Big thing to consider is that since Vayne is a free turn character, he's gonna:

Run out the clock on buffs inflicted on him much faster, and...

Take advantage of temporary party Aura's more often.

So, keep in mind that some great party aura characters, like Aerith with her 30% Overflow and high Atk boost, and anyone who rocks a super heavy debuff on enemies to take advantage of like Aranea, they will pair well with Vayne since he gets to make more use out of those compared to limited time buffs that will run out on him, specifically.

This also goes for anyone using Ultimecia, but Vayne has all his free turns built into his kit much more frequently, so it's a bigger concern.

He'll put the work in though, especially when paired with Aranea or the upcoming Leo.

I'm also glad that Beatrix is showing up soon because I've been carrying a character around that does Lightning Imperil and makes elemental weakness hitting attacks 50% more gruesome, Krile, since forever, and she's going to put in so much work with Beatrix you don't even KNOW. Back in the day before EX+, it was a gamble to grab Garnet's EX but she did similar work and it payed off, but once the going got tough her kit was useless. Now, It's gonna be beyond amazing the kind of bull honkey now possible since my investments are coming home to roost.

It's the perfect time for me to rock Pathos all the way to the top, grab all those free Ingots, and make my squad INCINCIBLE! Let's ALL make the most of the time we got!

Also, here's a useful resource for the EX Shop we will get for protagonists in the Spring Festival Shop! It's the same as the one for beating the first five FEoD levels, so if you need another EX from that list, now's your chance! https://www.reddit.com/r/DissidiaFF...ture_banners_for_protagonistsrepresentatives/

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
TheMink oh yeah sorry I meant May you're right! I was trying to take the worse scenario where I would need to pity both Vayne and Leo so that could make my gem stash a bit short for Lightning.
Razorrin thanks for the write up. You made me hype for Vayne a good deal more so I guess I'm set then!

Gems for both Vayne and Leo and hopefully luck will be on my side and I'll have enough for Lightning in a month!
I definitely need to stop being lazy and start to do Dimension's End and get more ingots if I want to realize more characters though!

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
TheMink oh yeah sorry I meant May you're right! I was trying to take the worse scenario where I would need to pity both Vayne and Leo so that could make my gem stash a bit short for Lightning.
Razorrin thanks for the write up. You made me hype for Vayne a good deal more so I guess I'm set then!

Gems for both Vayne and Leo and hopefully luck will be on my side and I'll have enough for Lightning in a month!
I definitely need to stop being lazy and start to do Dimension's End and get more ingots if I want to realize more characters though!

Don't be afraid to take your time on Dimensions' End if you don't feel prepared, since you cannot use characters you used to perfect earlier levels on later ones, having a diverse lineup and taking a good look at what each level asks of you helps out tremendously!

Here is a resource saying what potential teams and characters excel in each level of Entropy, it should help out in assessing what you can do now, and what you can do using characters from the upcoming banners.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lGIy8bqQHRkmRMQNWPxbHtsJmwQDO5kC

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
I've decided to pull for Vayne and Leo, ticket for Beatrix, but is Fran worth getting? I have lots of tickets from doing all summon boards for treasures during the event

Fran is an absolute powerhouse, but outside of her rediculous damage output, she also provides a useful debuff that is stacked to do multiple effects.

• 1st stack: 20% DEF down
  • 2nd stack: 20% ATK down
  • 3rd stack: 20% mBRV down
  • 4th stack: 10% mATK down
  • 5th stack: Ranged Resistance Down

All of which is in a single Framed Debuff, and when at least one enemy has all effects, it enhances her abilities to not only do tons of damage, but have MASSIVE overflow.

When her Infographic comes out I will post it, but suffice to say that, alongside an AoE EX+ that hits six times with an Hp attack, TWICE, she'll put a ton of work in for you, especially when paired with other Debuffers.

I'm not saying she's a full investment, but I am saying this is a month full of insane characters, and you should consider what holes are missing in your lineup for who you really wanna invest a ton of gems and tickets into getting.

Plus, if you love certain characters, they should get a spot there too! I loved both Vayne and Zack when they came out like a year back, and I don't have to pull for them anymore! I can just sit back, keep a total of 2 books and 4 Ingots, and max out Vayne and Paladin Cecil (got him too) at my lesiure!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow we'll also get a joke summon, available only for a limited time, so don't miss out.

Edit : it's already there but I can't access the game so I didn't know.

Last edited:

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Out of the Protag EX list I think either WoL or Vaan, is there anyone that is considered essential from that list that hasn't been on a banner in a while?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Out of the Protag EX list I think either WoL or Vaan, is there anyone that is considered essential from that list that hasn't been on a banner in a while?
Zack is one of the best tanks in the game since he does massive damage and negates single target damage.

Y'shtola is one of the best Brave battery characters, gives everyone one of the best Max Brv generic buffs, and has such a loaded EX+ that she can not only both keep the party alive and well batteried very frequently, but raise them from the dead and restores uses of her abilities, all in a free turn! She's an amazing investment as a support.

She also doesn't need her other weapons to be at all useful, she can completely forgoe building them up, making her a great budget character who only needs her EX to be viable.

Other then those two, I think most characters are mostly judgements on filling out holes in the roster, like Shantotto giving solid mag damage but also making all element resist down, or Layle being a great Launch character, or whatever.

I may go into better detail later, I had a big thing I said like a year ago about all these characters I might dig up.

Edit: also, for all you awesome folks out there who want some advice for the new 9th Tier, here's some new awesome info for that, too! Curtesy of the Reddit, too!

2nvae23wd0q41.png

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Here's Altema's top 10 for this coming 6 weeks or so on Global, I kept a few of those while deciding who to get.

c1d9e684-4013-44b5-bwqjvw.jpeg

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Wait should I pull for Snow?? And no Lightning?
This is implicitly confusing due to the fact that no, Lightning is super rad, she just is a selfish Damage dealer, meaning she provides no party utility outside of being a powerful Damage dealer. All the characters on here give utility to the party in some way, in addition to being bad asses in the damage department.

This is why I say this isn't a Tier List kinda game. Since the banners are very focused, and all the characters are focused on macro roles and have micro specialities, saying Penelo is better then Snow means very little without context, since one is a buffer that can damage without attacking effectively and batteries well, and the other is a great tank with damage mitigation and healing ability.

They don't do the same things, so one being over the other without context makes people consider doing rediculous things like never ever pulling for damage dealers, or skipping multiple banners until you grab only the meta characters.

That being said, this is a Tier list for good reason, considering these are all of the unarguably best characters in the game so far, but it would me more helpful if Somebody pointed out all their strengths and roles...

skillzilla81

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have EX for 4 of those characters, and Lightning is already maxed with Ex just waiting to get EX+ and awakening.

I have 200k gems, and most of the lost chapters, all hard modes for act 1, and the entirety if act 2 (normal and hard) to get through.

I want to shore up some holes in my roster and then start saving gems for later in the year.

Definitely pulling for Leo and Vayne. I would like a few more support characters and one or two more tanks, and I think I can really start working on team building.

Hope is a support character?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wait should I pull for Snow?? And no Lightning?

Edit: and Raz I have all the characters you mentioned specifically already!
Snow will get a rework, and Lightning is a highly encouraged pull because she can solo stuff (or pick her EX for free with the spring event part 2 if you don't want Hope/Shadow)
Honestly everyone should go for the Lightning / Hope / Shadow banner because they're all top tiers.
Altema has been wrong in the past, like Yuri was too overrated there, it's just to help you decide.

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
Snow will get a rework, and Lightning is a highly encouraged pull because she can solo stuff (or pick her EX for free with the spring event part 2 if you don't want Hope/Shadow)
Honestly everyone should go for the Lightning / Hope / Shadow banner because they're all top tiers.
Altema has been wrong in the past, like Yuri was too overrated there, it's just to help you decide.
I have a full maxed Lightning EX ready to go, but before I came to this thread I turned her 15 and 35s into lbs without getting the passive 🙄 so I'll be pulling that banner for sure.
Honestly I don't think I'm missing a banner all month.
Also no one can get the update on iOS yet right? It's not just me?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
iOS is still locked out indeed, until the patch is live on the store.
If I see it, I'll bump the thread.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.

Yeah, Altema should always be taken with a grain of salt, like I said it's a game full of unique characters for many situations, so discretion is advised.

Also, I just remembered, the fact that Yuri gives a 20% Max Brv Regen as an Aura will be freaking amazing with Vayne, since not only did his Free Turns get a special Regen effect added to them for his EX+, but with that added bonus, he's going to be freaking rediculous!

Anyone who can passively provide Brv Regen with an Aura will help him kick huge amounts of ass, so keep that in mind, since his individual hits aren't that massive.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
As I promised - The update is live, and now we wait for Square Enix to remove maintenance mode for iOS.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Quite enjoyed the new abyss. I liked how they are using the codes and more importantly there is an actual chaos fight at the very end! (They said only cosmos difficulty for now)

Since this was made for veterans the whole thing was really easy and I also did the chaos fight without a healer (this time the chaos fight felt like a chaos fight unlike the FF7 abyss)

Edge, Krile, Ultimecia.

It was nice to dust off my ulti :P

Vayne is in a few hours and he is automatic purple! Good luck to everyone on your pulls and see you in a few hours!!!