• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
CvTnztq.png

Release Date (JP): February 1, 2017
Release Date: (Global): January 30, 2018
Platform: iOS/Android
Price: Free*, pay for weapons, characters free.

Here, some Final Fantasy-ass Final Fantasy story:

Darkness converges upon us, and the world crumbles before our very eyes…
What was once a sanctuary for the weary has now become a battlefield.
Long ago, the deities Spiritus and Materia warped the fabric of time and space to create a new world—a world they populated with warriors from other realms.
These men and women were forced to fight day and night without reprieve, and the strain of endless battle soon grew to be too great.
With battered bodies and shattered spirits, they sent out a cry for help…

LSBaEYr.png

Dissidia Final Fantasy: Omnia Opera is a mobile RPG game that resembles the action/RPG game on the PSP. It makes a comeback on mobile making use of a system that resembles the CTB-systemof Final Fantasy 10, and combines it with the Bravery system that Dissidia has.

There are two important stats: Bravery and HP. Doing Bravery Attacks increases your Bravery and reduces an enemy's Bravery. That sounds like an endless circle, but reducing an enemy's Bravery to 0 allows you to "Break" it, and gives your entire party a Bravery bonus. You will then be able to use your Bravery stat by converting it into HP damage, using an HP attack. Your Bravery will go back down to 0, and you'll have to start over collecting Bravery until your opponent is defeated.

Also, it must be noted that this game has NO ENERGY SYSTEM for story and some events. Some events have energy as to not force unlimited grinding, but you can play when you want, how you want. For the most part.

oSw4qxI.png

• Warrior of Light
  • Firion
  • Onion Knight
  • Cecil
  • Yang
  • Edge
  • Butts
  • Terra
  • Setzer
  • Shadow
  • Cloud
  • Tifa
  • Yuffie
  • Squall
  • Laguna
  • Zidane
  • Vivi
  • Steiner
  • Yuna
  • Vaan
  • Penelo
  • Sazh
  • Hope
  • Vanille
  • Y'shtola
  • Yda
  • Rem
  • King
...and more! To come. Later.

m12cFBy.png

Much like Final Fantasy Record Keeper, you are given/earn the characters in the game but must pull for weapons and armor. Some like this system, as you don't have to gamble away your savings to get Cloud or your favorite waifu, Lightning. Some don't, as weapons are kinda lame compared to characters.

Rates:
  • Chance for a 5*: 5% (20% on the 11th item when using 5000 gems)
  • Chance for a 4*: 30% (80% on the 11th item when using 5000 gems)
  • Chance for a 3*: 65% (0% on the 11th item when using 5000 gems)

1yCmV2i.png

Official Site
Reddit FAQ
Japanese Altema Database
English Database

*******Reroll/Tier List for Launch*******

vvvvvv ERA MEMBER LIST vvvvvv
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
^^^^^ ERA MEMBER LIST ^^^^^

Credits: Reddit FAQ for the gameplay/rates. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit of the JP version and really liked it, will play a bit of Global but I don't know if I'll play actively for now.
Thanks for making this OT!

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I will give it a try! I need something while my FFBE account is on TM auto pilot anyway.

Edit: Also if you are getting Dissidia NT tomorrow physically it apparently has some code for some free stuff in this game with it.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Alright, I'm an avid poster in FFRK, I'll give this a whirl tomorrow.

I hope it doesn't disappoint like Mobius big time, and FFBE to a lesser degree.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Meh I hate this games where you're stuck with some characters if you want to win, I don't want to play with fucking Vaan only to be allowed to win.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
How come Vanille and Hope are in the game but Lightning isnt? Hmm...

I will try this tomorrow anyway. Looks interesting.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I won't be playing NT until the weekend at the earliest, so I'm hoping this will be fun on work breaks. Definitely downloading it as soon as it's available.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Super excited for this! Hopefully I'll finally be able to get into a FF gacha game.
Also my copy of Dissidia NT that came today had a code inside for bonuses in OO so I'm curious to find what they are.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice job on the OT, thanks for the hard work!

Here's hoping this launches soon and not within the evening of the 30th, I want to start the re-roll process already!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Wish it were out now. Taking a break from Dissidia NT bc story mode was whooping my ass and I would have enjoyed having my ass whooped on my iPad by cute chibi FF characters.

Sephirod

Oct 27, 2017
Played a lot of JP.
To the point that it instantly became my favourite mobage. Above Captain Tsubasa and FFBE.
Can't wait

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to try the game. Strange that Noctis still isn't on the game. Thought that they were going to cross promote FF XV x Dissidia. Crazy that both DFFOO and FFXVPE are launching next to each other.

Aurelio

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for the game to go live! Hopefully won't be too long, as the other game releases today too .

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You know the trill :P Lets get that reroll train choo chooing.
If only game would go up.
Indeed, I keep checking no luck yet. :/

And yes, I'm already prepared for the re-rolling. I need Cloud's weapon, but ideally I'll try to aim for a couple top-tier ones.

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
I was waiting for this game, i don't know if i'll keep rerolling for the best weapons though, if i can play my favorite characters i'll be fine.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give you guys a tease, it definitely won't release within 6 hours.

Also finally Global release!

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How do you know? Also, I appreciate your work at reddit, man. Do you know when the 35CP weapons released in the JPN version?
Thanks! The moderator team and me have been working quite hard the last few days to prepare Global players for the game, we hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do.

35 CP weapons first appearance was in Ramza's character event, keep in mind that the Global may work differently since I did see 35 CP weapons in the Global trailer such as Steiner weapon for an example.

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! The moderator team and me have been working quite hard the last few days to prepare Global players for the game, we hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do.

35 CP weapons first appearance was in Ramza's character event, keep in mind that the Global may work differently since I did see 35 CP weapons in the Global trailer such as Steiner weapon for an example.

I knew your Name on Reddit sounded familiar. Thanks for all the really really good work!

Also thanks to Einbroch for the OT!

Last edited:

Gylgamesh

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to giving this a shot. I've been playing Exvius since launch and have started to grow disinterested over the past few months. Maybe this can pick up the slack.

Does anyone know how generous they've been in JP in regards to giving out free currency?

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait to try the game. Strange that Noctis still isn't on the game. Thought that they were going to cross promote FF XV x Dissidia. Crazy that both DFFOO and FFXVPE are launching next to each other.

The SD models in the mobile version of XV looks quite compatible with the OO ones, I wouldn't be surprised if they got adapted to it at a later time.

Considering this has no XI characters on release, and I eventually want to make those the heart of my party as they're released, are there any recommended preparations, like sticking to characters that use the same weapon types? Might try and focus on WoL and Onion Knight too.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How big is the game? I don't think I have enough space on my phone..

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How big is the game? I don't think I have enough space on my phone..

Probably around 800 mb from what I remember in the Japanese launch, the current size for the Japanese version is 1.5 GB.

Noctis was just revealed in the Japanese livestream.

32sYgrR.png

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope this has English voice acting. That's probably unlikely since they would need to get a LOT of new actors for characters that never got voiced before, but that's also part of the fun. I'm curious if Steiner matches up with how he sounds in my head, as one example.

Also, congrats to the one FF game this year with Tifa in it. Sigh.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Man the JPN version is giving so much stuff for the anniversary plus Nocto soon. I'm considering rerolling the JPN version.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I really don't like to play mobile games, but this looks like a classic final fantasy game finally!

I'm probably more hyped about this than other games. I just hope I don't get bored or burnt out by the game

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No energy systems is a huge plus.

If you don't reroll for a 5* at the beginning are you screwed?

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try it out because I love Final Fantasy. I play other gacha games already, but I might not have to spend money on this one.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Where's Australia when you really need it? You're supposed to get things earlier in your app stores! :(