• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
CD Projekt CEO Adam Kiciński and CD Projekt Red studio head Adam Badowski have given an interview discussing the studio's approach to inclusion and diversity at the publisher.
The interview, originally given in Polish to Rzeczpospolita Daily, was translated into English for the CDP website. In it, interviewer Katarzyna Kucharcyzk probes Kiciński and Badowski about how the company comes across as more vocal on diversity and injustice than other companies in the increasingly-conservative Poland.
Talking about the importance of tolerance in the creative process, Badowski discusses how some at the studio believe in a definition of tolerance as "the capacity to respect other people's needs and opinions which we ourselves do not espouse, and to refrain from combating phenomena which we regard as evil. Others are more in line with Popper's proposition that a tolerant society, if it is to remain tolerant, must not tolerate intolerance. There are also people at our studio who disagree with both views."
While Badowksi himself doesn't say which definition he ascribes to, he does say "The key takeaway is that diversity... and the differing sensitivities and outlooks which result from it, must not lead to conflict. In this way our team's energy can be fully directed towards creation."
Source

At the very least, I think it'll be very interesting to see how Cyberpunk 2077 deals with certain topics and themes.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck off transphobic assholes.

Sure sounds like they are tolerant of intolerance if they hire people who disagree with diversity

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Go fuck yourself. (The CEO, not anyone in this thread)

Trash ass company.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck ?

So according to this they would have no issue hiring full on white supremacists?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
In other words, anyone who could "cause conflict" due to their diversity would not be hired, I understand.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.webp

Bigotry signaling

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Not sure who actively tries to convince people not to buy their shit more...JK Rowling or CDPR?

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Their PR continues to be a disaster. I really no longer like the vibe coming off that company. At all.

This isn't the first time they've given us a peek at problematic viewpoints.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol I would say what the fuck, only there's no reason to expect anything else from cdpr so I'm actually not surprised whatsoever

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't CDPR the most valuable company in Poland?

Seems like they are in the best position in the country to fight against the growing bigotry by setting an example of being as inclusive as possible and pushing back against it.

Instead they seem to be embracing the bigotry.

Udreif

May 29, 2020
What the actual f. Been on the fence about cyberpunk because it's not my kind of game. This definitely tips the scale further towards the "not buying it" side

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
This from the guys who touted how free you are with character creation in your game and in reality your character is he or she based on the tone of their voice. Who could have expected this

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Cyberpunk will disappoint at this point as we discover the bias of bigots on the content of the game. They no longer have the excuse that it's the witcher world to dismiss some of the stuff in that game.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't CDPR the most valuable company in Poland?

Seems like they are in the best position in the country to fight against the growing bigotry by setting an example of being as inclusive as possible and pushing back against it.

Instead they seem to be embracing the bigotry.
And people will defend them because "Poland isn't progressive" like that makes it any better.

Sure was just a couple of bad eggs at the company huh!
Guess this explains why they never gave a proper apology for their social media person sending out those transphobic tweets, because their company has "diverse" opinions!

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
So "Yeah diversity is cool and whatever but if it causes conflict among our bigot employees we ain't hiring you thnx"

Fuck off.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a friendly reminder that Cyberpunk is originally a tabletop RPG and that there are numerous ways to enjoy a Cyberpunk setting without giving money to these transphobic assholes who at this point I'm starting to get the feeling don't understand what Cyberpunk actually is.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This company seems worse and worse everytime we learn more about it.

I can't help but consider not supporting them anymore. Actually it shouldn't even take this long, this is a horrible look.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah.... I'm feeling better and better about not paying any attention to this game.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a friendly reminder that Cyberpunk is originally a tabletop RPG and that there are numerous ways to enjoy a Cyberpunk setting without giving money to these transphobic assholes who at this point I'm starting to get the feeling don't understand what Cyberpunk actually is.
It's going to be that meme.
"Wow cool future"

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to be a straight white male, but we really prefer you to be

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean this as an excuse, but more to provide Context.

Poland is a deeply religious and conservative nation. More so than the US. I am not at all surprised this company has these views.

OSPC

Banned
Dec 18, 2019
PC Gamer is blatantly twisting his words to generate outrage. This is what he actually says...

Edit:

We are proud of our diversity, but we realize that for the organization to function well, it is necessary to actively care for mutual respect and tolerance.

California is a great example of how openness, respect and tolerance have a positive impact on innovative businesses and, consequently, on the economy.

In my opinion, this is mainly due to an increased sense of security. In an environment where you can be yourself, it's easier to talk honestly, share your ideas, express opinions, and it's a leaven of masses of interesting things.

When we make a revolution in role-playing games, it is because a group of brave women and men are not afraid to talk about their ideas. Our role as boss is to manage this process boldly and sensibly

He's essentially saying that CDPR wont tolerate people who are intolerant. Please read the full interview before rushing to judgement.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Kiciński even seems to imply that sexism isn't as big an issue in gaming as it is elsewhere, stating that "in the 20th century the superb writer Andre Norton (born Alice Mary Norton) chose to publish under a male pseudonym because her publisher believed that the masculinized readership demographic would not take interest in fantasy authored by a woman. There is no such issue with videogames".
Hmmmmm