• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
This is why you don't pay full price for games.

I paid $30 (and $10 for Division 1), but goddamn at this price it's a blind purchase.
Some people play full price for games for the experience to play that game right then and there. Also, the community of players at launch through the first few months had been incredible.

To be honest, the amount of shit Bungie put Destiny players through for years is nothing like what Ubi did to Division players. The difference is the Destiny players were more committed to the game. As soon as the Division 2 Raid hit the entire "community" ditched it because they botched it and then they botched the fix and it was further saddled with some delays to content.

Anyhow, hopefully this sale reinvigorates the playerbase to comeback. The problem is I see with games that are this cheap or even free to play is that their is a psychological aspect for some in that it's either a cheap game, or they don't really feel the need to invest much time into the game because the game itself was a small investment.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of just want to explore the DC map. That's worth $3 to me.
Imo, it was worth it before. The open world exploration and levelling is very, very good. Best in a GaaS and as a standalone experience wihttin that GasS experience is pretty fucking great.

If you like loot shooters, there is a lot of quality content here for people who don't enjoy GasS. If you do enjoy these games, here's even more. $3 is an absolute seal.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
This is an excellent move to drive more people to play the game right before they launch the expansion. Really smart on their part.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is why you don't pay full price for games.

I paid $30 (and $10 for Division 1), but goddamn at this price it's a blind purchase.
This is a terrible example to make that point... despite it having a lot of quality sp content, it is a year old GaaS game...

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Some people play full price for games for the experience to play that game right then and there. Also, the community of players at launch through the first few months had been incredible.

To be honest, the amount of shit Bungie put Destiny players through for years is nothing like what Ubi did to Division players. The difference is the Destiny players were more committed to the game. As soon as the Division 2 Raid hit the entire "community" ditched it because they botched it and then they botched the fix and it was further saddled with some delays to content.

Anyhow, hopefully this sale reinvigorates the playerbase to comeback. The problem is I see with games that are this cheap or even free to play is that their is a psychological aspect for some in that it's either a cheap game, or they don't really feel the need to invest much time into the game because the game itself was a small investment.
Oh I fully understand and agree for the most part.

In Division 1 case, I got it for $10 due to a pricing error, but was there pretty early on.

For Division 2, I waited about a month (maybe less) and it was already discounted 50%.

I will say, though, that I know nothing of Destiny.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I would honestly wait till the end of the day till after their big announcement.

Yeah, its only 3 bucks, but this is a MASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIVE drop in price for every platform.
\
Something has to be up.

It's already leaked that they're announcing the Year 2 expansions today. That's probably the reason for the price drop.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure I know the answer to this already but you need PS+ to play this online with friends right?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I played it solo until the end of the campaign. It was fun enough that I would recommend a playthrough.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Global price drop. Brazil is also in a all time low.

Physical version was $9 USD on Amazon

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
So sale the game for super cheap and then "force" everyone to buy paid DLC to play where everyone else is playing?

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, but $3?

Like, whats the point for Ubisoft at that point? With the platform cuts, they are making like what? $2 a copy?

Just make it F2P at that point.

You ain't buying the 30 bucks season pass if you don't have the 3 bucks base game. Which means you also won't be tempted to buy the micro transactions in game, and if you aren't already in the loop of the community, you might not stick around for the next season or the next game.

Take a small loss right now, profit big down the line.

That's the play.

Oct 25, 2017
You ain't buying the 30 bucks season pass if you don't have the 3 bucks base game. Which means you also won't be tempted to buy the micro transactions in game, and if you aren't already in the loop of the community, you might not stick around for the next season or the next game.

Take a small loss right now, profit big down the line.

That's the play.

Thats why I said originally that I wouldn't be surprised if this is going f2p later. (edit: ok, I didn't say that originally, but thats what I meant lol)

$3 is literally nothing for ubisoft.

Why even have any sort of barrier at all at that point?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
True but where the players at when they are in a completely different city with the new DLC.
With the way the game is designed, you don't need many players to make the levelling content work which is awesome in itself and well worth $3. And usually in games like this there are enough players to be found for older content... but even if that doesn't work out, the single player content you get for $3 is an absolute steal.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If any of you are on the fence. I put like 130 hours into this game at launch playing mostly by myself (Some of the missions I did group finder for and it was fine). Did PVP by myself. Did missions by myself. Everything.

I loved it, was a fucking blast. I ended up getting bored but after 130 hours I was happy to pay 60 bucks for it.

3 dollars is a fucking steal.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever add motion blur to the console versions? The lack of it was really annoying when I played the beta.

edit: Maybe I should tag Dark1x on this.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Imo, it was worth it before. The open world exploration and levelling is very, very good. Best in a GaaS and as a standalone experience wihttin that GasS experience is pretty fucking great.

If you like loot shooters, there is a lot of quality content here for people who don't enjoy GasS. If you do enjoy these games, here's even more. $3 is an absolute seal.
I played a few hours of the first game and couldn't get in to it, then played the beta for D2 and it wasn't hooking me either so I never picked it up. I do love loot shooters, but a lot of the appeal to me is exploring a setting/world with good stories or characters which I wasn't finding here, and/or it's own interesting lore and I can't really get that from a military game in a realistic modern day setting. For that reason I've always secretly wished these games were in a cyberpunk setting to make them more interesting but that's here nor there. At $3 I'm willing to give it another try.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Yeah, but $3?

Like, whats the point for Ubisoft at that point? With the platform cuts, they are making like what? $2 a copy?

Just make it F2P at that point.

Yeah but if they go F2P then it's a controversy with everyone that paid money, so they sidestep that. Then they also make news because it's $3 and everyone is like well that's a lot of game for cheap. This way they get a player base bump for the expansion without having to go F2P. If they put it at that price they can sell it for like $20 next week and still make some money off of it. Also if they go F2P then people will be like well i'll just wait on the expansion when it goes F2P next year.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
should you play division 1 first? i think i have a physical copy laying around somewhere i never played

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Is the base version worth buying or is the Gold Edition better? What does Gold come with?

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Fuck it, I'm in. Already played the shit out of it on PS4 but I may buy it again for both PC and PS4 just to have 'em.