• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Just sort of a PSA for those really eager for Dualsense back buttons since the Dualshock 4 back button attachment is non compatible and Sony doesn't offer anything else currently.
It's made by extremerate who do a lot of custom controllers and mods. Costs US$40.

The process is very simple and is well explained in the video below.

Soldering is only required if you want to be able to remap touch, R3 and L3. I've done soldering on mine and even then it's pretty simple.

Other downsides: Doesn't fit in the official charging cradle, no profiles, only 2 buttons (although 2 buttons has been ideal for me).

Here's how my Dualsense looks. Very clicky with satisfying feedback.

20210625_101919.jpg
20210625_101655.jpg

Extremerate does provide premade modded Dualsense through a different brand called Hexgaming but they charge a HUGE premium ($290).

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully all the games I need the attachment for have been PS4 games, but Sony really needs to get in gear on the back button attachment for Dualsense.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
That thing looks nice, but christ at the price. Might as well get an Intellivision Amico.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It's still wild to me that Sony was willing to put a touch pad on the back of the Vita, but won't put paddles on their controllers šŸ˜‚

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I almost bought one, but they say in the comments that they are already working on a 4 button version so I'll wait for that.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
L3/R3 are my default remap buttons and my soldering skills probably aren't up to the task. Cool though.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I got one of these, I didn't even do the soldering part yet and it's still well worth it. It made finishing up Ratchet and Clank a blast, had dodging and jumping on them so I could freely aim while doing every movement.

I really don't like playing without paddles for years now and it's one reason I still mostly get games on PC, because I can use them and gyro aiming in any game I want. I was convinced the new consoles would come with at least two back buttons as default and that's one of my biggest disappointments but with attachments like this it's not too bad and not overly expensive so I'm happier.
What I tried of Returnal with them felt fantastic too, too bad I already played the hell out of that game before getting this.

I recommend this too for anyone that wants some more control options to improve your game and enjoyment. Only downside is not being able to use on my charging dock but I have 2 controllers so it's okay I'll just keep one of them as my "Elite" style controller.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I have the HexGaming controller for review and do like the rear paddles on it. Not quite as comfortable as Sony's DS4 accessory but they seem quite responsive for competitive shooters.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow might need to pi--

"Requires soldering for R3/L3"

Welp.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
My paddles are always for r3/l3 as well. This looks great for sure, but don't want to take my controller apart and solder hah. Hopefully a simpler solution comes because this is a great idea. I definitely want an attachment for PS5 controller.

SamuelBeckwit

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather pay more money for a pro controller with paddles. Just pay to license the copyright. The attachment on PS4 was very well made, but felt like uncomfortable bulk. I used it for two matches of Apex and threw it away when I moved.