• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Wow! This is really awesome, I love seeing his work, he is really talented!

His build is water-cooled and he has relocated the PSU to a separate unit that is basically a combination of a PSU, radiator, and pump, so even though the PS5 itself is smaller, this separate unit takes up space elsewhere. This is so creative, I love it!

K7HoNZG.png

ZLsaNbc.png

DzZ2QU3.png

Rente

Oct 31, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Insane effort and eye for detail, but it still has little to do with a slim version, it still needs space for a radiator + pump and power supply.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, with this strategy he could have just put the on-off switch and ports into a tiny tabletop box and hidden everything else in a box underneath if he wanted to call it ultra slim.

Nov 3, 2017
Haha, amazing work by the fella. Fascinating to see how even he couldn't snap the heat and volume debt away, barring literal TDP reduction.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Volumetically, the PS5 Slim + Hilariously big PSU is perhaps closer to the PS5 Phat. The better cooling might be the bigger win. Very cool nonetheless.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Really cool idea and impressive amount of work, but I think it looks hideous and is almost entirely pointless with the ridiculously huge external power supply.

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
OP
OP
Fudgepuppy

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was about to share this 🙂

He's done a "gold" (brass) PS5 and a wooden PS5 too, worth checking out.

DIY perks is fucking insane. He never half-asses anything, and nothing seems daunting to him.

I just love for his "breathing PC" when the acrylic tube broke, and because he couldn't find a new tube fitting the magnet perfectly, he instead makes a magnet bigger with electrolysis and a speaker applying a sinewave to the magnet.

youtu.be

Building the world's first 'breathing' PC

Ever wondered if a PC could cool itself by... 'breathing'? Let's find out! Also, visit http://kiwico.com/diyperks for your first month COMPLETELY FREE!10h ve...

Oct 25, 2017
Really impressive work while at the same time a good reminder of why the PS5 is so huge in the first place.

I look forward to seeing how slim the real PS5 slim ends up being.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The only disappointing part is that it seems like the actual PS5 slim is going to be a real challenge to make 😕

RobotsAnger

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like everytime a DIY perks project is posted on resetera the response is always, "meh, not that impressive" or "I liked it better before"

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Well it's impressive DIY work, but it's not really a PS5 slim when he just took out the internal power supply and cooling and put them outside with that humongous radiator lol

Although I wouldn't mind if Sony does a PS5 slim with external power brick :x

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Impressive work but until all components can be houses together "world's first slim" is still available to be claimed

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
DIY Perks is brilliant. The level of creativity in his projects (the "breathing" PC for example) is ridiculous.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
We need a new photo edit of that Kid sitting on a 360 Power Brick. This time using a whole family sitting on that long ass power supply.

But seriously why is it SO HARD to Google search images these days...hard to find older shit. :(

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Dude is a genius, love his videos. He does explain that this cannot be a real slim since in the past versions Sony took down the amount of power needed for the slims so he just re configured what's already in the ps5, the power brick had to go somewhere. Nevertheless the amount of creativity and work that goes into it is crazy!