• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
DJHero-Remixed.png

This popped up 3 hours ago on SteamDB's Short App History category

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
The original titles weren't on PC, were they? That seems like ages ago, so I don't remember.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Still have my turntable ready to go... but have a feeling that this is Activision trying to step on Harmonix's toes again post Mixer.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I never actually played a DJ Hero game, but I like music rhythm games a lot. Were these games any good? And can they be enjoyed without the turntable peripheral? If so, I'll probably check this out.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Cool, still have the controllers. Wouldn't mind getting back into it.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Going to declare this one dubious, I'm afraid, given Activision has been moving towards Battle.net exclusivity for a while.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Oh my god. Hoping this is true. Even if it's just a proper PC release of 1+2 - it would be absolutely wonderful. They pulled the DLC off the console marketplaces, so now there's no way to import DJ Hero 1 tracks into the second game.

Rumor Debunked. Thread reported to be closed.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
It's not official.

EDIT: To be fair, this thing could just be a coincidence, but to me, it's much more likely that some dude who's trying to decompile DJ Hero 2 submitted this than Activision actually resuscitating the IP

Last edited:

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I still listen to the soundtracks, acquired through dubious means, maybe once or twice a month- they really did an amazing job with a lot of these. Would love to see a return.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
They bringing back the plastic DJ turntables as well.

If so, I need it right now O_O

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Can we just hijack this thread with DJ Hero mixes? 'Cuz....

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
For shame! At least it was better to have had the moments excitement thinking it was returning only to realise it wasn't than to have never had such emotions stir at all.

Nah, it really wasn't. 😞

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
To be fair, the GitHub thing could just be a coincidence, but to me, it's much more likely that some dude who's trying to decompile DJ Hero 2 submitted this than Activision actually resuscitating the IP

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I swear haven't had to change the batteries in my turntable or Guitar Hero guitar, ever. In over a decade. They must have been crafted by the Devil or something. Anyway, I love the first one. I'd be keen for a follow-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.