• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Does the Project Diva X HD Hori controller work on this game? And more importantly, is it fun and/or recommended? I found it in store for $100US and am really thinking about it
Recommended DJMAX Respect controller:
i-sony-playstation-dualshock-4-v2-czarny.jpg

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Almost tempted to double dip for the PC. Almost. Is there anything the PC version has that the PS4 doesn't? I did see that air mode, or whatever it is.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Pretty small studio right. I bet most of them are trying to get V fully developed so it can leave EA. I still think we'll get Portable 3 DLC at some point.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this'll be another Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed where PC got all the DLC (especially after how many packs we got already), but it would be a bit of a bummer if we didn't get an update or future DLC that made it at least close to what the PC version is.

Do we even know what the next DLC pack is?

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
Is the PC release different?
In terms of gameplay they are the same. The PC version is in early access right now and has a focus on online multiplayer. It also has a handful of exclusive songs that will not be put into the PS4 version, and a new 10 button difficulty (PS4 has up to 8).

The PS4 version has been out for a few years and has a ton of DLC. That DLC will eventually make its way to the PC, but there isn't a date for that yet.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
NEW DLC ALERT! NEW DLC ALERT!

"DJMAX RESPECT V Emotional Sense DLC 3/12!
[DLC Information]
▶ Date : March 12th, 2PM KST (Time may vary depending on Store Status)
▶ Price : USD 9.99
▶ Content : 8 Tracks from DJMAX 2004 Online

[Track List]
▶ Emotional Sense DLC Pack
- Knowledge System
- Yo! Max!
- Cosmic Elevator
- Space of Soul
- Real Over Drive
- Feel
- Urban Night
- Super Lovely

※ This DLC is will be given to EA participants for free.
※ This DLC will be updated later on PlayStation4 DJMAX RESPECT as well."

Wonder when the PS4 will get it, hot damn I've been wanting some new music to play.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Glad the PS4 is getting the DLC eventually, its been quite a while since I've played the game but will return when it eventually lands.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Should be mentioned the full version of the PC version will release the same day & will be out of early access.

Trailer for the DLC:

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bummer the PS4 version is not getting the treatment the PC version is, but I'm happy we are finally getting Super Lovely and Space of Soul. I'm content with the game overall and will come back to it for years.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care how long I have to wait, I'm always there for Space of Soul and Super Lovely.

Hopefully this is an indication that more DMO songs will make their way over to the modern games.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
MORE DLC ALERT! MORE DLC ALERT!

"3/12 - DJMAX RESPECT V EXTENSION DLC

[DLC Information]
▶ Date : March 12th, 2PM KST (Time may vary depending on Store Status)
▶ Price : USD 24.99
▶ Content : 20 Tracks of DJMAX RESPECT V

[Track List]
▶ DJMAX RESPECT V EXTENSION
- welcome to the space (feat. Jisun)
- NANAIRO
- Never Die
- Lost Temple
- Lisrim
- Maharajah -fenomeno edition-
- FIGHT NIGHT (feat. Calyae)
- BLACK GOLD
- Vile Requiem
- Attack
- WONDER $LOT 777
- Do it
- Fancy Night
- Space Challenger
- Kensei
- Remember Me
- Misty Er'A
- Lost Serenity
- Move Yourself
- Dream it

※ This DLC will be updated later on PlayStation4 DJMAX RESPECT as well.

#DJMAX #RESPECT #V #FullRelease #WeAreNeowiz
#VExtensionPack"

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
That's a full DLC pack going by the inclusions in it. Very interesting, but do i wait for it on PS4?

+A short tease at the new songs in the package.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
DLC DATES!

- PS4 getting Emotional Sense ($10, 8 songs) & Respect V ($25, 20 songs) on the 16th.

- PC getting Groove Coaster & Trilogy on the 14th along with Trilogy Soundtrack (36 remastered tracks & 9 bonus tracks) & "Welcome to the Space" gear pack.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Both packs available now on the HK store, downloading as we speak ready to play after work tomorrow

EDIT: Comes with a Trophy pack, 7 of 'em

Last edited:

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Also, as per previous packs, a new theme, gear, note and 12 missions. Nothing difficult so far. I don't know if this is new, but you can now practice individual parts of the missions by pressing square...might have been in an old patch though.

Major nostalgia vibes playing the Online charts. They even used the old Space of Soul MV rather than the new one which I haven't seen since like...2007!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that was included with a previous patch along with the fact that if you failed a song on a mission, you can now retry from that song instead of starting all over.

V trophies are up & the usual. Get S rank on all songs, beat 2 specific missions, 50 max combos, 10 images, & 3 plates.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up all the new DLC, as well as the last couple of packs which I'd not previously got. Great fun as always, I appreciate the devs continued support of the game, its been such great fun revisiting the game yet again with a ton of new tracks do learn. This must be one of the most played games for me this gen, very few come close.
Still can't get that damn 10* trophy though lol

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Emotional Sense pack has no trophies, weird. First time a $10+ pack doesn't include them.

This will be a nice break from all the FF7 & Persona 5 Royal I've been playing over the month. Just glad it's a substantial update to make up for how long it's been since the last pack.

Does the latest update also add the 5 free songs as well? Haven't seen any news as to when they'd be added.

Edit: version 1.15 says "adds music" so guessing that's a yes.

Also kinda lame, but V's system music is the same as Respect. Guess that makes sense, but back to using Technika 2 & listening to the Collection tune.

352 songs with all DLC, hot damn.

Last edited:

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Black Gold, Lisrim and Vile Requiem are probably my faves.

Don't think much of the 5 new tracks. They don't have key sounds either which kind of takes me out of it a bit.

We damn well better get further Online packs but I'm not getting my hopes up...as for the other packs previously announced:

Portable 3 (announced 2017)
Technika Tune (announced 2017)
Technika Q (announced 2017)
Ray (announced 2017)
Brown Dust (announced 2017)
ESTimate (announced 2018)
Cytus α (announced 2019)

Who knows how many of these will actually see the light of day now.

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
I could have sworn Neowiz sent me an email saying that the limited edition OST had been sent back and we would not be receiving them for a long time.

I received it today! The fact that the songs are all on a USB stick in both .mp3 and .wav is amazing.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm slightly bummed the Emotional Sense is just a flat-out song pack with no extra stuff. But I guess it's basically more stuff from a game entry already represented.

So what's everyone's mission count? I keep seeing those missions tied to trophies & it bums me out I can't clear more of them, let alone unlock Link Disc.

Respect: 36/60
Trilogy: 10/12
Clazziquai: 10/12
Technika: 7/12
Black Square: 6/12
Technika 2: 8/12
Technika 3: 6/12
V: 6/12

So out of 144 missions, 89 are cleared. Just under 2/3rds completed. I really need to get more 8B practice in, that's the major hurtle in terms of beating missions along with the FX stages. To think I can't beat RD Colosseum due to Cypher Gate 8B....

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
My mission count is woeful. I'm rubbish on that side of things. I got the trophies for clearing the missions and then promptly gave up! I've not tried the newest missions though, I'll at least give them a shot.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or are 10* songs easier in later DLC packs? Not all mind but I've been looking at getting the last trophy I'm short and too my surprise I managed to score a good 5+ max combos on newer 10* songs today. By my count I'm around 27/30, and plenty of songs still to try. I'd written this trophy off as not obtainable for me, but I guess I'm going for it with me so darn close now!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
It could be a mix of easier charts (I did notice a few weren't too bad for their difficulty) & perhaps the experience of playing more charts has made you better. I've learned the more songs you play, the more likely you'll adapt to different patterns in the note charts, which then makes you better.

Oh my god, it is the House Rulez song! I was SO sad when Andamiro lost it.

Took me a minute to realize "oh hey, the Do You Want It artist!" & sure enough, another of their songs that is my favorite in the pack. Helps the charts tend to flow well with the song, making it more fun to play.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've definitely got better but going between some of the Deemo songs and the original tracks on the game disc and I definitely think the newer 10*s feel a bit easier. Either way, not complaining!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Platinum trophy get. Never thought I'd see the day! Can't say I'll ever get all the DLC trophies though, some of those missions can go sod off. I still have tons of tracks to try as well!

Alkuk

Feb 8, 2018
Platinum trophy get. Never thought I'd see the day! Can't say I'll ever get all the DLC trophies though, some of those missions can go sod off. I still have tons of tracks to try as well!

Congratulation!
For me the missions (incl. DLC I cleared around 40, but with no ease at all ^^) and also the 10* trophy will be in the way of me getting platinum.

This game is my first in the series and playtime is over 600 hours. There is no game I played more - so much fun. I thought with more practice I would be able to clear some of the 13-15* songs but it seems this will never happen. Highest clear is 12* for me. Maybe that is my limit.

btw: my google sheet what I use to have a better overview of all songs, patterns, button modes etc.: djmax-respect-list02
See the "stats" tab for more info ...