• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Does This Very Wholesome Moment Deserve a Thread?

• why yes, yes it does

Votes: 223 33.0%
  • HOO HEEEEEEE!!

Votes: 81 12.0%
  • GUH HUH!

Votes: 371 55.0%

• Total voters

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Is it wrong that I shed a few tears watching this? I had an N-64 and both Banjo games and enjoyed them well enough but don't have any personal attachment to the character. But watching all the unbridled excitement for what is effectively an estranged Nintendo character to come home just gets me in the feels.
I teared up. BK reminds me of my grandma, who I miss very much. Smash Ultimate is only missing one series to fully encompass my childhood of playing video games and beyond.

Add Goemon...

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Really brought a smile to my face. I never believed, but I'm glad to have been wrong.

Diddy Kong Racing for both Microsoft Xbox and Switch would be awesome. Interesting is Rare could even dev a game like this anymore. But either way Microsoft could use a good kart racer on its system.

We have to consider what is on the other side of the deal (outside of money/royalties per sale of dlc for BK).

I'm actually really hoping this leads to some collabs between Rare and Nintendo like some of the GBA and DS projects they did with them. I know Rare isn't the same company anymore, but I think they deserve another chance.

banjo and kazooie are not wholesome characters and assaulted Duck Hunt and murdered K Rool they are not friends

K Rool has survived much worse, he'll be fine.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I was honestly shocked at how they did the trailer. They leaned HARD into the "Banjo is back with Nintendo!" angle to a degree that I would have never expected Microsoft to be OK with now that they own him. It's the kind of trailer I would have expected a DK Vine forum member to come up with. DK, Diddy, and K. Rool are all hanging out like they're best buddies at the start, they kinda squint their eyes when they first see Banjo like "is that really who I think it is?" only to go nuts when they realize their pal from the N64 days is back, all culminating in a huge celebration with all the other Smash characters in honor of their long-awaited arrival. Easily the best reveal trailer they've ever put out.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
When did Nintendo's CG and editing get this good?

It used to be pretty lame and now a lot of the most entertaining moments at e3 come from their CG clips.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
When did Nintendo's CG and editing get this good?

It used to be pretty lame and now a lot of the most entertaining moments at e3 come from their CG clips.

TL;DW: Since Smash 4, all the CGI trailers have been handled by outside studios, with Digital Media Lab and Digital Frontier being the ones that stand out. The latter has been used exclusively for Ultimate.

I think Sakurai still does the storyboarding, however.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's such a good moment.

A reminder that Banjo's first appearance was in Diddy Kong Racing. Diddy was so happy to see his old friend again.

maxresdefault.jpg