• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
If it is the PS5 version, I hope it's a free upgrade if you own the PS4 version, but with SE I doubt it.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the concerts were canceled?
Can I still get ticket for the online stream? Or is it free?

nvm, found it

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Assuming its an announcement and not a regular degular generic video message, I'd imagine it'd be for a definitive edition.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
If it is the PS5 version, I hope it's a free upgrade if you own the PS4 version, but with SE I doubt it.
tenor.gif

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Based off the trademark announcements I would bet then that it's the next gen and PC/Xbox release with a new DLC chapter, called 'The First Soldier' or 'A Hero's Bond'.

The second one sounds like the kind of thing you'd call a Zack DLC

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Tifa and Jessie's VAs were in the recording studio not too long ago so there should be some new story content in a definitive edition

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

It'll be a paid upgrade that includes whatever new content they add. Like Royal Edition for FF15 but with a next gen update this time.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Definitive edition (with Tifa content?) announcement possibly.

I think this is what navtra mentioned where we would possibly get a FF7R announcement in February

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if I should buy ticket for the online stream or wait for the Osaka concert in April...

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet that PS4 will also receive this "definitive edition".

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I'm playing through FF7 on steam for the first time. If this gets a PC port like the demo code suggests I'll be very happy.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully a (i) PS5 version, (ii) free upgrade, (iii) 60 FPS, (iv) fixed low-res textures.
Knowing Square-Enix, it will probably be only (i).

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go ahead and assume it's not going to be restreamed anywhere. Will probably be refreshing aitaikimochi's twitter when it happens....

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think a definitive edition would be available as a dlc upgrade for owners of the PS4 version?