• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
playerunknownsbattlegsbelv.png

25 US DOLLARS for this!

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
People are going to buy it, and that's why they charge that much.

I'm more concerned for the people who buy Suicide Squad skins for 25 dollars personally.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Those are some good temps you're rolling with, man.

(Yep, that licence DLC cost. Any other examples though in PUBG? I'd imagine crossover stuff would be the outlier.)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Somehow more expensive than a 4K copy of Suicide Squad.

(Which provide more value is give or take...)

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Seems fine. It's licensed, has no effect on gameplay and it's not in random loot boxes.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
People wanted this.

They don't want game prices going up. They don't want lootboxes to exist at all. They wanted optional things to be sold directly. Well, there it is.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Crazily overpriced.

Some people will buy it anyway, folks will say it's fine and the next round will be $30 because fuck you pay me.

PurelyChris

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
And it looks like utter shite. I mean, just look at that face. It looks like they've plastered the woman's face onto the man's. Unless that's the point? Either way, looks like utter crap.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About in line with other battle royale games and in line with what people will pay.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
People wanted this.

They don't want game prices going up. They don't want lootboxes to exist at all. They wanted optional things to be sold directly. Well, there it is.
Skins and whole new characters were being sold directly before and prices were generally somewhere in the realm of semi-reasonable (2-5$ per character). This is not ok. This is greedy pricing that preys on the weaknesses of the human mind.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
People wanted this.

Skins and whole new characters were being sold directly before and prices were generally somewhere in the realm of semi-reasonable (2-5$ per character). This is not ok. This is greedy pricing that preys on the weaknesses of the human mind.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Buying a $25 skin, and playing in FPP is perhaps the key determination in proving a person lost their marbles. LOOK AT THOSE ARMS! :)

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People wanted this.

This is a ridiculous take. This is just pure greed plain and simple. There's plenty of other games that sell skins directly for far, far less than 20 dollars

Hollywood Pescado

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 28, 2018
That's expensive.

I also think a lot of DLC skins/costumes are expensive in general. I wouldn't pay $25, $20, $15, or $10 for a single skin. I don't think I'd pay $5 for a single skin either.

The only costumes I remember buying were for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and I only bought it because it was Metal Gear. I wanted to have everything in the game. It was part of a bundle and the costumes individually cost $1 I think. I don't remember using the costumes much.

I won't make that mistake again with any game.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
This is what happens when people keep saying "but [anti-consumer thing] really isn't that bad, you're overreacting" for long enough. They'll just keep pushing the envelope further and further. Can't wait to see what people will be defending on here 5 years from now.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
oof I was interested, $25 for both this Joker seemed fair, but each, i dunno

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I mean, that's why I prefer the way HotS or Overwatch go about things right now. Rather get some cool skins for free than having to pay an absurd amount for one.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. The only silver lining is I think pubg skins are modular. That's expensive though.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
How far we've come from horse armor.
We just get desensitised more and more.

Nah, I'm just not entitled enough to think I can decide whats fair for a developer to charge. Especially crossover content in a $30 game.

Don't like it, don't buy it. It's not a necessary component of the game.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Don't try to regulate prices on a free market. Buuuut, saying that, whoever buys this is a complete... ly rich person.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I should be upset, but I'm not. People buy overpriced, pointless add-ons for their cars all the time, etc. (yes, that's me) I don't really see how things like this are that much different. I'd rather it cost more and just outright be purchasable vs. being locked behind random lootboxes. It's why I'll pay $20 for that Pokemon full art card vs. a bunch of booster packs and risk getting a bunch of crap I don't want and maybe luck out and get something I do.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
This is what happens when people keep saying "but [anti-consumer thing] really isn't that bad, you're overreacting" for long enough. They'll just keep pushing the envelope further and further. Can't wait to see what people will be defending on here 5 years from now.

In 30 years people will pay more for virtual bullets than for real ones.

May 4, 2018

What weakness is it preying on exactly? The customer knows the price, they know exactly the product they're getting (in their local currency, no less), and they're free to walk away at any time.

You already concede that cosmetic microtransactions are not fundamentally immoral, so there is nothing inherently predatory about this practice. We're just haggling about the price at this point.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
What weakness is it preying on exactly? The customer knows the price, they know exactly the product they're getting (in their local currency, no less), and they're free to walk away at any time.

You already concede that cosmetic microtransactions are not fundamentally immoral, so there is nothing inherently predatory about this practice. We're just haggling about the price at this point.

Exactly this, which makes the whole premise of the discussion utterly pointless given that price will largely equate to perceived value on a per-consumer basis, which is an entirely subjective metric.

Don't try to regulate prices on a free market. Buuuut, saying that, whoever buys this is a complete... ly rich person.

This seems like a bad take. Not having money wouldn't necessarily exclude people from buying this sort of thing.