• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
Updated infrmation from the Capcom DMC Website.

8i86JMh.png

Looks like it's as expected: A straight port of the HD collection released on PS3/Xbox360. However it does say following that it's "enhanced for the latest generation of gaming hardware".

Footage of DMC1 from the HD re-release was also streamed on Capcom TV January 17th. As far as it looks textures are still the same as well as the resolution.

(If time stamp fails is 21m 17s)

At least the genre is Stylish Action.

Optimize me for HD displays if old.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be nice if they included DMC4SE considering it's digital-only in the west. =/

Palculator

Oct 24, 2017
Germany
Good enough for me. Stoked to get it on PC, finally. I know they're all on PC, technically, but the ports before DMC4SE were rough. Hopefully, these are better.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ugh...I expected this but am still disappointed. The only reason to buy this is definitely not having to get out the PS3 again then. :/

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That means it probably won't get a new trophy list, like Okami.

That's a shame, I would've liked to have earned trophies in the first game again

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wich version of 3 is in this collectionand is it the "better" version? I'm gonna go all in on this collection and i don't have much knowledge about the series.

Nov 28, 2017
I agree that it would need rebalancing some enemytypes but I was expecting them to allow the style switch mod from the PC version's DMC3SE as optional (at least only for DMD), for the currentgen console versions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree that it would need rebalancing some enemytypes but I was expecting them to allow the style switch mod from the PC version's DMC3SE as optional (at least only for DMD), for the currentgen console versions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How would they do that? The PC release is vastly different from the console release. They couldn't just port it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JumpCancel

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
Good enough for me. Stoked to get it on PC, finally. I know they're all on PC, technically, but the ports before DMC4SE were rough. Hopefully, these are better.

Finally PC players can play DMC3 the way it was meant to be played. Now let's see the mod community add style switcher and we'll be have out definitive version.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Even the filtered textures? Expected and also disappointing but I'll take it.

X Wi77iaM X

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
i wonder if ms can make the 360 version BC and apply an X patch to 4k resulting on an better option.

sadly capcom can not collaborate with this for obvious reasons =/

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's kind of lazy of them to simply re-release the same collection, but at least they're being honest about it. Not sure how resource-consuming it would be to touch-up the textures and maybe re-render some of the FMV stuff, but I guess it's just not worth it for this product.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
i never ended up playing the ps3 collection
anyone got an example of these (i assume poorly) filtered textures?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just so people are aware, they have upped the resolution of each version.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's a super lazy port. But it's still higher resolution than the original PS3/360 release (1080p vs 720) so it's the best version of the collection, despite how much better it could have been.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
So the cutscenes will still look like they are on PS2 even in 2018.

Ew.

It's worth playing two of the greatest games ever made and that other game called Devil May Cry 2. I'll just wait to get the PS4 collection on Black Friday 2018 or when it's $20 or less.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
How hard and physically demanding could it possibly be to fix the Kalina Ann glitch?

It's probably only like 10 lines of code. Smfh

Gunner

Oct 29, 2017
I literally cannot wait for another opportunity to play DMC. My favorite action game of all time. Maybe this time I'll actually make it through 3- had fun with it but never felt like I got a real handle on the combat system.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
How hard and physically demanding could it possibly be to fix the Kalina Ann glitch?

It's probably only like 10 lines of code. Smfh

This and knocking up some quick reproductions of the menu screens in HD seem like pretty easy fixes they could make if they wanted to, all things considered. It really seems like they're just doing the bare minimum they can get away with.

CavZee

Nov 6, 2017
Probably won't rebuy this then, at least not until it's super cheap. I remember the PS3 one already being super low effort. There were some cutscenes in 1 that looked all borked too.