• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

The song featured in the trailer was never featured in any of the soundtracks for already released DMC games, and Shazam and other places indicate that this is not an already released track.

Since we know that the games in the actual DMC:HD release will be released as is, this does make it feel like the track is potentially from a new DMC project.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Listening to the track. It sounds a bit inspired by some of the track in Doom (2016). While I can't say for certain if it is indeed a new song and not just some stock music they had made. I feel like it's a small tease on what DMCV might sound like. There was a discussion on the track being done by Hostile Groove and it certainly fits their prior style.

Oct 25, 2017
I do think it can be from DMCV (or unused), given the music does sound from Hostile Groove, a lot of people have pointed this out.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible it's a track composed by one of those various freelance artists that, like Kevin MacLeod, make their living off the tracks being used in promotional material? I imagine not all of them submit their tracks to these musical identification services.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The track sounds more like something I'd expect from Blue Stahli than a DMC game.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yeah, it could be something Calvin had composed for DMCV. Man, I hope Calvin really is gonna show Devin May Cry at E3, y'all.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
After they had Megaman 11 art in the second Legacy Collection I can believe it.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they release a track for an unannounced game for a trailer?

Y'all are so desperate. Yeesh, it's just a song track for a remaster trailer. And it's a generic one at that.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean, I guess it could be DMCV. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was just generic trailer music.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Poor dmc hd collection disc will be datamined to hell once its released, and we shall find DMCV Vergil's model.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
never forget when Nintendo put one of the best Zelda songs ever created into a trailer and never used it in the actual game

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
never forget when Nintendo put one of the best Zelda songs ever created into a trailer and never used it in the actual game
That is still so weird to me. It's clearly supposed to be a new orchestral version of the series theme, so it's not like when they used music from the Conan soundtrack for the trailers or a generic stock song. They spent money on a new orchestral version that they only used in a single trailer and nothing else, not even selling the thing on iTunes or something. What a waste.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Lol y'all sound hella desperate. It's nothing more than generic trailer music

More than likely just this.

I mean, I guess it could be DMCV. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was just generic trailer music.

These.

Y'all hype monsters need to just chill and wait for DMCV. It's coming.

I don't believe for a second that Capcom would have paid the license for a song just to use it in a trailer of a re-release.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
lol. I understand being thirsty but this is too much.

krisknigge

Oct 29, 2017
Sometimes trailer music is just trailer music.

DmC had a trailer featuring a Shibata track, and that wasn't in the game. (It was made available as a free download on Capcom Unity later, though, which was cool).

LATE EDIT: Man, old DmC footage looks SO slow. Thank god they upped the speed and (eventually) added Turbo mode.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe for a second that Capcom would have paid the license for a song just to use it in a trailer of a re-release.
HUgfMDQ.png

Y'all gotta stop