• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
What even is this?

You turn subtitles off by default. FINE.

But skipping cutscene just because I wanna check a msg or something. Hello?

Rant over.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
Yep this happened to me just as I beat one of the bosses. Gonna have to do the level again just to watch the cutscene. Not that it's too much of an issue replaying levels when the game is this fun though

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i think i heard sommit about the options button skipping cutscenes instead of pausing the cutscenes as well?

is that true?

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not being able to pause during cutscenes is so dumb.

Itsuno pls. This was supposed to be the magnum opus

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I was playing on PC with an Xbox One controller and skipped the first 3 cutscenes by mistake.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's dumb. You can't pause cutscenes in DMC5 at all and any button skips them, so it's counting the guide press as a button.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Making a video game with non-pausable cutscenes is actually illegal in 2019.

Hopefully the monsters who did this will face justice. Assholes.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
stop skipping cutscenes jerks
That's not what the thread is about. He's saying pressing guide button skips cutscenes when it should keep playing or at least pause it.

DMCV has an annoying problem i.e. you can't pause cutscenes and end up skipping it if you press start/options, that's not very 2019. I've had to restart levels because of this.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it worked like this in the demo and I was hoping it'd have a proper pause/skip/resume menu in the full game, but... no, it just works like a game from like 2005 for some reason. I really hope they can patch it, because pause-able cutscenes should be standard in 2019.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the things that annoys me yeah. Used to these days being able to pause during cutscenes. Not being able to makes me sad lol.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
They didn't even do the little circle that fills up while you hold down the "A" button, monsters. we aint 2005 Capcom.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Ridiculous. How do you capture from cutscenes then? You can take only 1 screenshot per cutscene. Amazing Capcom.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I was honestly shocked when I skipped the first cutscene when all I wanted is to pause. Stupid as fuck. I had to start the game again to watch it.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Same thing happened to me on PS4 with the options button. Really irritated me.

Five minutes after I started my wife asked me a question during a cutscene and I tried to pause it... -_-

OP
OP
MCD

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Ridiculous. How do you capture from cutscenes then? You can take only 1 screenshot per cutscene. Amazing Capcom.

I honestly feel insulted. All this graphics and I cannot take a screenshot of Nero and Nico badass cutscenes because fuck you that's why.

Is this even legal?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So when you want to make a screen or a vid it skips the cutscene also? Thats lame.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so fucking dumb. It's current year and games still do this, like wtf. I also had to restart missions because I accidently hit a button or didn't know that pausing wasn't an option.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Same problem with the PC version. I actually skipped 2 cutscenes by accident. One by pressing start, and again by pressing the steam guide button. Good thing all cutscenes are viewable again from the Gallery menu, but this is prett dumb

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
My xbox went into screen saver mode where it just dims the screen and skipped the last part of the intro.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
That kind of sucks.
But thanks for the heads up.
I play on the ps4 but I presume it would work the same way there.

I'll keep my hands off the option button for sure.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I tried to pause the intro cutscene on PC and when it just instantly skipped my immediate reaction was "Excuse me?"

Glad I did it during the intro cutscene and not a later one. Anyone remember those fearful days when you sweated at the thought of pressing pause during a cutscene cause you didn't know if it'd skip or not? I don't miss those days.

Hypertrooper

Oct 28, 2017
I am curious: Why does everyone have to replay the level when the cutscene was accidentally skipped? Are the cutscene not available for rewatching in the main menu? At least the story important ones are.

But I agree. This was pretty annoying and I skipped a cutscene as well. I hope they will fix that somehow.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of potential bugs, I keep getting a "starring DMC crew" notice that doesn't go away. I'm a few missions in.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Also let us press a buton to continue load screens. On PC they load too quickly for me to read the lore tabs.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Can't pause on any platform, it seems. I skipped the first cutscene on PS4 on accident yesterday.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
so this is why so many people on era selected they are skipping cutscenes.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of potential bugs, I keep getting a "starring DMC crew" notice that doesn't go away. I'm a few missions in.

not a bug, just a bot playing named as DMC CREW, if it was a living person you'd have their nick there. It's this "cameo" feature they talked about during some missions.