• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't attempt to be RE4, please don't attempt to be RE4, please don't ...

It's going to attempt to be RE4 and they'll do weird shit like having Krauser cameo as a US military guy Leon meets and having Hunnigan as a civilian that Leon saves and she recruits him into the Secret Service in a post credits stinger!

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean it did originally but they were able to at least rebuff sales with the remaster which sold well in fact via Eurogamer in 2015:
"Resident Evil HD Remaster, the remastered version of the 2002 Resident Evil Gamecube remake, is the best-selling day one title ever on PlayStation Network, Capcom has announced"
Even in 2015 it was a great success and actually helped spur enthusiasm around RE2make. I personally am hyped for what is apparently in the works with OTS but it is a little dismissive to just say 'move on', it is fair some had the expectation of fixed camera when the sales of REmake seemed to facilitate the greenlighting of RE2make. Now they may change their mind once they see the new direction but it's only fair to allow people to be a little disappointed.

I doubt 1 million is enough to make Capcom consider making full fledge remake for this game. Obviously the game sold well as a remaster, but it doesn't guarantee a good return in investment if Capcom follow the same path. Remember, the game might require the similar budget as mainline RE, and I don't think Capcom want to make the game that will sell as much as 1-2 million. I mean Dino Crisis sold the same amount and it still got scrap. If you see what I mean.

IMO, it is a better decision to modernise this game and attract new player. Old school RE was dead for a reason unless people forgot!

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt 1 million is enough to make Capcom consider making full fledge remake for this game. Obviously the game sold well as a remaster, but it doesn't guarantee a good return in investment if Capcom follow the same path. Remember, the game might require the similar budget as mainline RE, and I don't think Capcom want to make the game that will sell as much as 1-2 million. I mean Dino Crisis sold the same amount and it still got scrap. If you see what I mean.

IMO, it is a better decision to modernise this game and attract new player. Old school RE was dead for a reason unless people forgot!

1 million isn't really impressive for the series, Umbrella Corps sold more than that.

Classic RE is great and I would have been happy for REmake 2 to be in that style but at the end of the day there's no denying which style will have much wider appeal and sell a lot more.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Wouldn't want to rain on anyone's parade, but...

Should be put in the OP tbh.

I went on the same registrar and searched for 'devilmaycryv.com' and it was unregistered. I could buy it and pay for privacy and it would appear the same in WHOIS.

Then just wait for Kotaku to write a story and redirect it to Rick Roll or something

I mean it did originally but they were able to at least rebuff sales with the remaster which sold well in fact via Eurogamer in 2015:
"Resident Evil HD Remaster, the remastered version of the 2002 Resident Evil Gamecube remake, is the best-selling day one title ever on PlayStation Network, Capcom has announced"
Even in 2015 it was a great success and actually helped spur enthusiasm around RE2make. I personally am hyped for what is apparently in the works with OTS but it is a little dismissive to just say 'move on', it is fair some had the expectation of fixed camera when the sales of REmake seemed to facilitate the greenlighting of RE2make. Now they may change their mind once they see the new direction but it's only fair to allow people to be a little disappointed.
People need to understand that remaking it the same way is stupid. It wouldn't sell.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Sure I do. The facts back me up.
Wow, a Remaster sells a million copies? Remember how much the original sold? 4 million.
Completely false.

REmake didn't sell well because it was stuck on the Gamecube. That's it.
If it had a PS2 release, you would have been looking at another 3-4 million copies sold.
Not even RE 4 sold that much on the PS2. You have no idea what you're talking about. RE4 sold 3 million copies with the Gamecube and PS2 sales together.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
The sheer hype and goodwill capcom has on its hands here, if they did not show them then they deserve all he negativity that will come there way and need a new marketing team cus wasted opportunity is not forgotten

dsrty678

Jun 4, 2018
Should be put in the OP tbh.

I went on the same registrar and searched for 'devilmaycryv.com' and it was unregistered. I could buy it and pay for privacy and it would appear the same in WHOIS.

Then just wait for Kotaku to write a story and redirect it to Rick Roll or something
To be fair I don't think they'd call it devilmaycryv.com even if the game itself was called that. RE7's website was still called residentevil7.com despire the actual title being Resident Evil VII.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I still believe we will see DMC5 and REmake 2 at E3. I do have to admit that it would be absolutely hilarious (in a very ironic way) if they wouldn't show up, though. Because then I wouldn't know if I should just laugh or cry, lol.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
To be fair I don't think they'd call it devilmaycryv.com even if the game itself was called that. RE7's website was still called residentevil7.com despire the actual title being Resident Evil VII.
Resident evil 7 is called resident evil 7 everywhere, its just the logo in fact Japanese logo is bioha7ard

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
The person in OP isn't just basing it on the domain name being registered to someone. He's basing it on the url resolving itself to Capcom's servers, though I can't confirm whether that's true or not. As he states it does resolve to an AWS IP similar to those used by other Capcom games, though I'm not sure how AWS handles IP assigning so I don't know what to read into that. Maybe the guy in OP has a better understanding, and that's why he's claiming what he is.

Last edited:

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
This guy is so wrong.

Why someone's doing a hoax paying money for domain privacy service just a few days before E3 just to troll a few people? Doesn't makes sense. This domain has been registered from GMO (like RE7, MHW) at Cerulean Tower of Tokyo, a major business building, not from a random dude in Kentucky. Onamae is just the company hosting the service for the privacy protection.

sad but rad

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Very interesting that Capcom is now taking pre-orders for an RPD Leon Kennedy Jacket to ship in October.

34686500_1837353422998893_6013305847667490816_n.png

Oct 27, 2017
People need to understand that remaking it the same way is stupid. It wouldn't sell.

Sure I do. The facts back me up.

Wow, a Remaster sells a million copies? Remember how much the original sold? 4 million.

Not even RE 4 sold that much on the PS2. You have no idea what you're talking about. RE4 sold 3 million copies with the Gamecube and PS2 sales together.
I don't disagree that they have made the correct business decision and 'modernising' but there is precedent that people felt it would be a smaller scale and lower budget project in a similar style to Remake HD or RE0 HD. The signs have been pointing to OTS remake though for the last year or so when the game entered its third year of development, so I am surprised people are shocked at this point however.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Very interesting that Capcom is now taking pre-orders for an RPD Leon Kennedy Jacket to ship in October.

34686500_1837353422998893_6013305847667490816_n.png

Yea, why introduce merchandise for a character to fans if the character isn't getting reintroduced soon? It's fucking happening at least for Resident Evil 2 Remake. Word is still out on DMC 5 but I think it also is in production. Will it be at E3 is the biggest question and who's stage?

Oct 27, 2017

As above I don't disagree, I think many thought it wouldn't be a 'full budget' title and that's why it would be fixed camera again where just over 1 million+ sales would have been 'acceptable'. But at some point last year I feel it became obvious this was full budget (and probably OTS style) when development entered year 3, thus requiring a higher number of sales. Of interest what do people think sales expectations will be for this title?

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is why you just wait until the damn thing is actually announced. Cant be riding on this emotional rollercoaster no more.