• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Mod Edit: Patrick Klepek from Waypoint got a response back from Capcom, and has posted Capcom's response:

---

Suicide Silence vocalist Eddie Hermida has issued an apology after being accused of "emotionally and sexually manipulating" Austrian fan Verena Celis when she was 17. Celis claims Hermida pressured her into sending him nudes after Hermida sent sexually suggestive photos her way.

http://loudwire.com/suicide-silence-eddie-hermida-apology-accused-sexual-misconduct/

Capcom...

It's with a heavy heart that I have to report on this but it must be done. On the eve of TGS, with all DMC fans being super hyped for the long awaited Dante game play trailer... we got a shadow drop of Dante's battle theme in DMC5 called "Subhuman".

Response to the theme has been mostly negative all around, you can easily tell with the like to dislike ratio. However, that's not what this thread is about (and I will like to say that DMC5's OST is actually really good otherwise).. it's mostly about the lead vocalist and his past affairs:

"Lead singer of Dante's theme started a relationship with a 16 year old, pressured her for nudes when she was 17, then started becoming emotionally abuse towards her when his girlfriend got jealous. She eventually became seriously depressed and suicidal, even attempting suicide once." Summarized by Sesha.

I am making this thread so word gets out to Capcom, a lot of their Twitter has been contacted including Matt. I don't want to be playing a game I enjoy that has music track/bands associated with sexual misconduct, that's not what DMC is about at all.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is obviously incredibly disgusting and distressing and the guy needs to be dealt with (legally of course) and Capcom shouldn't be going with this track BUT what else can be done or said about it on our side?

I'm not sure any post in the thread will defend him (well hopefully not anyways) and I also doubt that people will begin a boycott movement against the game so what exactly can we do to combat this?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This is obviously incredibly disgusting and distressing and the guy needs to be dealt with (legally of course) and Capcom shouldn't be going with this track, BUT, what else can be done or said about it on our side?

I'm not sure any post in the thread will defend him (well hopefully not anyways) and I also doubt that people will begin a boycott movement against the game so what exactly can we do to combat this?
We can tweet the proper channels (Umberto Echo Chamber, Peter Fabiano, Skells, Stephanie P., Matt Walker, etc.) to have the theme changed.

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
This is obviously incredibly disgusting and distressing and the guy needs to be dealt with (legally of course) and Capcom shouldn't be going with this track, BUT, what else can be done or said about it on our side?

Just need Capcom to remove the theme, and apologize for picking these guys ..

Shouldn't let one theme tank DMC because of some shitty lead singer doing terrible things.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's with a heavy heart that I have to report on this but it must be done. On the eve of TGS, with all DMC fans being super hyped for the long awaited Dante game play trailer... we got a shadow drop of Dante's battle theme in DMC5 called "Subhuman".

Response to the theme has been mostly negative all around, you can easily tell with the like to dislike ratio. However, that's not what this thread is about (and I will like to say that DMC5's OST is actually really good otherwise).. it's mostly about the lead vocalist and his past affairs:

"Lead singer of Dante's theme started a relationship with a 16 year old, pressured her for nudes when she was 17, then started becoming emotionally abuse towards her when his girlfriend got jealous. She eventually became seriously depressed and suicidal, even attempting suicide once." Summarized by Sesha.

I am making this thread so word gets out to Capcom, a lot of their Twitter has been contacted including Matt. I don't want to be playing a game I enjoy that has music track/bands associated with sexual misconduct, that's not what DMC is about at all.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
We can tweet the proper channels (Umberto Echo Chamber, Peter Fabiano, Skells, Stephanie P., Matt Walker, etc.) to have the theme changed.
This, basically. The theme isn't even very good to begin with.

"Ugh, I don't like this theme."

"Oh hey! A reason we can mob up and try to make them change it! How convenient!"

(OBVIOUSLY I'm not condoning his actions. I feel like I need to say this ahead of any responses.)

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Remove the theme, it's tarnished.

Capcom aren't to blame here and I bet someone will defend this with some separate the art and artist nonsense. Delete it.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I wonder who here has heard of this band. Have known about them for 10+ years and this is nothing new. Surprised they're still getting work like this.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As the article details, he began a relationship with her when she was 16. Started pressuring her for nudes when she was 17. He became emotionally abuse when his gf got jealous. She eventually became deeply depressed and suicidal, even attempting suicide once.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man I was kind of digging the song but yeah they should change the song to something else. It's clear it hasn't resonated with most people and this is just disgusting.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wow. Take it away.

If this stupid song stays in the game I'm going to think about this horrible article every time I hear it. I don't want to support a creep and I don't want anything to do with it. Hopefully there's a big enough push to get the song taken out.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
get rid of the song, it's horrible anyway
why would they work with people like this? don't they just google them before giving them work on one of their biggest games?

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucked up. Reading that statement boiled my blood to no end.

Capcom should remove that fucking song ASAP. Idgaf if Capcom has to delay the Dante trailer for that. I do not want to support this pos.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is a big blow up for Capcom and DMC5. They were doing everything flawlessly until this point. And to have this happen right before TGS where they were going to do the world premiere of Dante game play and mechanics.. man feels bad.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
If people are aggrieved that the singer is a pedo then yes remove this song. It's a good enough reason.

But I can't shake the feeling that this is just being hijacked because people hate Dante's music.

20:04 edit
Even if people hate it, why does that negate the issue at hand? It is only an issue because the tarnished artist's work is now part of a game so many are looking forward to. It is the same as Vavra's fondness for GamerGate ideologies and Koichi Sugiyama's historical revisionism were exposed on this forum.

I'm quoting you on the first page cause I'm expecting a lot of alerts here.

You're right, that's a fair point about the DQ guy and I've never been comfortable with the music of the games when I learned about his positions on Nanking massacre and comfort women.

So yes I'm in the wrong here.

It's just an ugly day all round for DMC5 news.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Shame on him if true. He should get some sort of legal action against him.

On the opposite side of the coin, not really a fan of digging up dirt and trying to get a hate mob going just because his DMCV theme is shitty (it's pretty ass).

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Victim Blaming
Sounds like the guy started shit and definitely sexually assaulted her if he sent sexually suggestive photos and pressured her for nudes, but what the fuck is this bullshit:

"He toyed with me and manipulated me into sending him nudes, which I was totally against. But hey, if your idol wants nudes, you send them."

If you didn't want to send the dude nudes don't send nudes. He definitely deserves any and all shit coming his way because he's a piece of shit for trying to solicit this type of shit from a minor and sending unsolicited nudes to a minor, but she definitely needs to own her own shit too.

Step 1) Don't idolize people.

Step 2) There is no step 2. see step 1.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
But he isn't the lead on this song? Isn't that why they used a different lead?

Either way, Capcom needs to pay more attention.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. Shame on him if true. He should get some sort of legal action against him.

On the opposite side of the coin, not really a fan of digging up dirt and trying to get a hate mob going just because his DMCV theme is shitty (it's pretty ass).
Look man, DMC has had some bad music before. No one did this for DmC's music which many people didn't like. And it's just one song, the rest of the game has a great OST. People would have just accepted the song in the end and moved on (well most people) but this news puts more pressure on Capcom to do something about it.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
November 20...17. They've had ten months to replace the song- before we even knew DMCV was a thing no less. And yet...
Jeez Capcom, way to pick 'em. Ew.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, the song is atrocious and hilarious but this is no laughing matter. Fucking hell this guy is gross.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
So you're accusing the people upset about this of lying?
No. But the thought process of "They need to change this... because it's not good anyway" is just a little hollow.

I guess I just think Twitter mobs (I just can't think of a different word than that) and petition.org stuff doesn't hold gravity when they've been used for so many dumb causes. More about that than his actions.

But no, I'm not trying to accuse anyone of not legitimately caring. Thanks for calling me out on that. I shouldn't assume anyone's reasons. Sorry for that.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
If people are aggrieved that the singer is a pedo then yes remove this song. It's a good enough reason.

But I can't shake the feeling that this is just being hijacked because people hate Dante's music.
Nah I think it's easier to assume they're mad about the pedophilia than a song in a video game.

But hey, if you wanna accuse people of not really being upset go for it. I mean dismissing and trivialising the issue people take with this guy's actions is probably pretty dangerous and contributes to the reasons people keep doing and getting away with this stuff, but you do you.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
November 20...17. They've had ten months to replace the song- before we even knew DMCV was a thing no less. And yet...
Jeez Capcom, way to pick 'em. Ew.

Yeah, I don't understand any defense of Capcom given how prominent and easy it was to find this information in the most basic of internet searches.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Sounds like the guy started shit and definitely sexually assaulted her if he sent sexually suggestive photos and pressured her for nudes, but what the fuck is this bullshit:

"He toyed with me and manipulated me into sending him nudes, which I was totally against. But hey, if your idol wants nudes, you send them."

If you didn't want to send the dude nudes don't send nudes. He definitely deserves any and all shit coming his way because he's a piece of shit for trying to solicit this type of shit from a minor and sending unsolicited nudes to a minor, but she definitely needs to own her own shit too.
I don't think you can blame a 17 old kid for being pressured into uncomfortable situations by older person in a position of power/control, don't victim blame

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a chance to listen to the song yet, so you certainly don't need to dislike the song to want it removed. I would feel gross hearing this regardless of how good or bad it is while playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.