• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The best looking SNES?

• American SNES

Votes: 441 21.8%
  • European SNES

Votes: 1,583 78.2%

• Total voters

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer how the controllers look on the USA version but I prefer the design on the EU version

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Yeah, it's an abomination.

But like in Anime too, USA always have to do their own Frankenstein thing.

I'm so happy EU got the Japanese SNES, as well as original Japanese Anime OST in the last 30 years. šŸ˜¬

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It is appalling. Especially compared to the European SNES / Super Famicom.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
There's something I really like about the way the SNES looks. Something about the unconventional color scheme and purple accents is very cool to me. The super Famicom looks great, but it also just looks kind of plain to me. Also, the concave X/Y buttons are so much better on the US SNES. I wish Systems stuck with that.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
UTK8JcR.jpg

yaE3Ixq.jpg
fTRuXEj.jpg

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
it looks nicer than the turbo-grafx at least.

the super famicom is alright but the OG Genesis and the Core-Grafx are my favorite console designs from the Fourth gen.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I take back my negative comments about the US SNES. Things looking unusual can have character. Like the original PS2.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I grew up with the US SNES, but I still find European and Japanese model much sleeker looking.

I imported the Euro SNES Classic even because I find the design more appeal (Even at benefit it still had the US game list)

The only credit I give to the US SNES is the convex buttons and Resetera sharing the same purple coloring scheme.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
I like the US console better. The switches on the PAL version are so weird & flimsy looking.

Colocho

Oct 25, 2017
It's the one I had so it's the one I like :p when I see the Japanese one it looks weird.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
it's really ugly but it hits me right in the nostalgia so I love it.

though the concave X/Y buttons in the controller are the best

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still have the original SNES US and I was jealous of the EU/Japanese hardware, so I got the SNES Mini EU to make up for it. The USA SNES isn't ugly, but I always wanted to see Super Famicom hardware and box art because it seemed so unattainable at the time.

Rezae

Oct 28, 2017
I liked it when I was younger during its heyday. Once I got older and saw online what the rest of the world got, I was jealous.

With that said, the NA controller is superior.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
That purple and gray monstrosity is beautiful. People don't know what they're talking about.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
"attitude" lol

The SFC/Euro SNES looks nicer and the 4 colour snes logo and mirrored joypad colours are cool.

American snes looks awful

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I grew up with the US SNES so it will always be more appealing to me. The Japanese version does almost nothing for me outside of that color logo. Same with the NES. I much prefer the look of the US version.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I loved it. Back when it released, I thought it was the coolest looking thing. The hype for the SNES was so crazy in my school back then. When I finally saw one in person (I was too poor to afford it, so I only got to play it when I'd sleep over at my cousin's house every few months), I was blown away. I still think it's a pretty slick design.

The EU SNES kind of looks like an old school tape deck of some kind. I think the US SNES looks like it wouldn't ever be mistaken for one of these:

9579172.jpg

To be fair, I grew up with the US SNES, so it's kind of seared into my brain that that's what that console looks like. I imagine it's the same for those that grew up with the other versions of the system.

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
I'm really curious to know how many of the people who dislike the US design think that the PS2 looks good.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I mean who cares and the library is drop dead gorgeous but yeah, it's one of the worst looking consoles out there. Colors, shape, everything.