• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
What's strange about the Switch version is that if you visit, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart or whatever to pre-order there is no box art for the Switch. You can catch a glimpse of it on the Bethesda site, but that's about all. Bethesda was pretty upfront about Youngblood not being on the cartridge.

I'm just curious since it seems unlikely that the campaign of Eternal will fit on a 16Gb cartridge and I don't see Bethesda pulling a Witcher 3 and going for a 32GB cart. Anyone have any information on this?

Nov 23, 2017
why wouldn't they go for the 32 gb one? its a bigger game than Youngblood and its a huge day and date release. also has a higher price to offset the cost

Aug 12, 2019
I suspect we'll see the same thing we saw with Wolfenstein: The New Colossus last year with them spending some amount of money on a very basic cartridge and locking the rest of the game behind a download. Bethesda went big for their first two releases on Switch and haven't seem interested in properly storing all the data since, with Youngblood not even having any physical release, just a download code in a plastic box to waste plastic and everybody's time.

With Doom Eternal being a much bigger and mainstream game for Bethesda, I think they'll at least give the cartridge this time around so the physical release isn't completely pointless... just mostly (Unless Nintendo and Bethesda have partnered up for Doom Eternal's Switch release and they've offset the cost for a full 32 GB card... but I find that super unlikely unless something crazy like Doom Slayer in Smash becomes a big thing in this next Direct).

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
At Gamestop, it is under the category for physical Switch games. Youngblood, which is a code in a box, was a different one.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Wolfenstein Youngblood was a specific scenario with a budget priced side-story game that seemingly didn't warrant the game card investment it would've needed. DOOM Eternal is a tentpole release of a major main entry at full/premium price. They'll make you download the multiplayer mode again, though.

DOOM Twentysixteen's "optional mp download" was a bit of a joke anyway since you'd download it one way or another as soon as you wanted any of teh game updates with fixes and additional features. Not like it was like a free dlc option that was truly up to you to download.

At Gamestop, it is under the category for physical Switch games. Youngblood, which is a code in a box, was a different one.
They wouldn't know any better if Bethesda hasn't announced any specifics.

Apr 21, 2018
Is Witcher 3 the first game to use the 32GB cartridge? I couldn't find any info online.

I am really hoping Doom Eternal follows that trend.

GaussTek

Oct 30, 2017
iirc the 2nd game after Dragon Quest Heroes Bundle which it was Japan exclusive.

It will actually be the third one, the Japanese and Asian versions of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster also used a 32GB cart. The Witcher 3 will be the first 32GB cart game to be released over here.