• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 98 47.6%
  • Most of the times

Votes: 52 25.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 37 18.0%
  • Never

Votes: 19 9.2%

• Total voters

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Just a bit curios. In my case it depends mostly on how inaccessible the port in question is, but i try to do it when i can.

Also applies to those old serial/parallel connectors if you ever dealt with those.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on whether or not I think it will come loose in use. I have found that its possible for some of the pins not to go in properly if the two screws are not tightened equally.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
If it's gonna stay there for a while then yeah. Only time I don't is at work where I have a second monitor attached to my laptop so I leave it unscrewed so I can take my laptop quicker if needed.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I always try. I've had many situations where at least one of the screws wouldn't catch.

MarineSparks

Jan 5, 2020
Wisconsin
If I'm dealing with these connectors in the year 2020 I'm probably fiddling around with something. Most recently I've been trying to get my laptop to output 240p to my PVM via VGA. I didn't have a reason to screw it in, especially since it wasn't working.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I did when I had to prep work stations for the people at work, beats getting countless phonecalls of " MY MONITOR STOPPED WORKING"

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Never for personal use. When at work i do, to make it look more complicated for my technically-handicapped colleagues.

Dont judge me.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Nowadays I only encounter those at work, when I have to occasionally hook up to a projector. I don't bother with it in those situations.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
The only time I don't screw it in is when I'm plugging either connector for a very short time(like for a presentation at work).

That said, all of our work laptops are HDMI only now so I haven't even had to do that in a while.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
HDMI to HDMI from my gaming desktop PC to my TV

HDMI to HDMI for my gaming laptop PC to my TV

VGA to HDMI for Monitor to General desktop/Rendering desktop PC

Display to HDMI for my Monitor to General laptop PC.

I always screw them in (VGAs at home) and same for VGA/DVI at work though I find the VGAs to be much more durable than DVIs in terms of locking them down without screwing them in.

Oct 27, 2017
Most of the time. Sometimes I would be hot swapping monitors when using the Dreamcast VGA cable and my pc. In some of those cases I might have gotten lazy.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am a law abiding citizen.

If it had screws I was going screw it in. Monitor, printer, gamepad, mouse, etc.

Back in the good ol days when things were natural and connected via wires. Not like today's wireless witchcraft...