• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The internet is a pretty big place OP. It depends on the website or platform but generally no, I don't make that assumption.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I have a habit of assuming everyone is a little older than me but still roughly in the same generation, which should probably stop by now. I'm pretty sure I'm older than most people on r/smashbros and YouTube comments (which I still read for some reason). On Era I probably am on the younger side though.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis

you-merely-adopted-the-internet-bane.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost everyone on GAF and here is so out of touch with modern stuff, it constantly reminds me how young I am. When I mention stuff like 21 Savage or Venmo or Tame Impala online, people look at me like I grew a second head.

FelRes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CA
At least on the sites I go to, I assume the common age is like 18-35. Sometimes there's 12 year olds in voice chat in whatever game though and I'm like "orite they exist"

Xiyng

Oct 31, 2017
I have no idea why you would. At some point, on certain forums, the vast majority of people certainly were close to my age, but that time has passed, and even then I think I didn't make any assumptions, although I suppose I though it was likely that others were roughly the same age unless I knew better.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 30 and it feels weird thinking that most people on the Internet are younger than me and I'm considered one of the old people now. I remember when I was 13 or younger and one of the young'uns.

Lordciego

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm 33 so not really. It depends on the place but usually I think all of them are sub 18 and still developing and that's way there are so much uninformed or stupid opinions, that way is better for your mental health.

For example, you get much less bothered when you realize that YouTube comments must be done by people with a median of 12 years old.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
Forums like this are kind of an old form of social media so I assume most of you are around my age. Younglings use twitter and tumblr, but I try to keep up appearances.

Oct 27, 2017
On this forum, yes. Because these gaming forums evolved from the era when were all teenagers in the late-90s/early-2000s, and then we stuck around. The core of the site is definitely mid-20s to mid-30s.

On Discord, Reddit, etc... I wouldn't assume they're my age.
This is a good point.

I'm going to be 50 in March though so I assume I'm older than everyone