• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I bet that it wont. I expect something more "classic" and hopefully horizontal + vertical option as always.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 is going to be a Roomba that can be folded in half. When it does, it'll be a V shape for the console iteration. BAM

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yes. It is known.

The Two Towers.

HGko.gif

Last edited:

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Like that fridge in the Tweet but with a ice cube and water dispenser on the front.

Or a Beats pill with a power brick the size of a microwave.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see it being quite as powerful so it probably won't need to be as big.

It has to be equal to or smaller than SeX though.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
It will look something like Saurons tower and have a holographic eye when you turn it on.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
A mini fridge?

Seriously though I would expect a slab design to fit under the TV but perhaps cooling is better if going for power.

I know from looking into small form factor ITX PC builds, the horizontal slab like designs have a huge flaw with heat of a decent GPU in there and the best is a rectangle tower box shape of some kind.

If people are putting it as slightly more powerful than the XBSX then it's either going to have the same or large internal volume than XBSX or more aggressive active cooling. We've seen MS with decent cooling lately so it's not like Sony have an inbuilt advantage with it. I wonder if we end up with something with the same volume as the PS3.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I have no idea. But the PS4 design was pretty awful already so anything could happen.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if series X can be played horizontally? Because the tower design doesn't fit in most living rooms/entertainment docks.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Next to my superbike, the PS4 Pro is the loudest piece of tech I've ever owned.

Sony may need to go bigger than MS even, unless their engineers have improved their skills *dramatically*.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
If people are putting it as slightly more powerful than the XBSX then it's either going to have the same or large internal volume than XBSX or more aggressive active cooling. We've seen MS with decent cooling lately so it's not like Sony have an inbuilt advantage with it. I wonder if we end up with something with the same volume as the PS3.

Possibly but I'm expecting less power on Sony so they might have a bit more flexibility for a sleeker design.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
If Sony is just as powerful (or more powerful) It will also have a "unique" design to support whatever cooling solution they use. Unless it's another jet engine which I don't see them making the same mistake twice. XSX fits horizontal and vertical so it doesn't seem too bad I need to hear full dimensions to see if it'll fit in my entertainment center though

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Sony is just as powerful (or more powerful) It will also have a "unique" design to support whatever cooling solution they use. Unless it's another jet engine which I don't see them making the same mistake twice. XSX fits horizontal and vertical so it doesn't seem too bad I need to hear full dimensions to see if it'll fit in my entertainment center though
We'll get water cooling tubes running in and out of the box to resemble OG Nemesis as promotion for the new REmake 3. :p

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
We'll get water cooling tubes running in and out of the box to resemble OG Nemesis as promotion for the new REmake 3. :p
I know you said nemesis but first image that ran in my head is Bane from the batman and Robin movie! Seriously though water cooling a console would be awesome! don't know how that would affect cost though. =(

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know you said nemesis but first image that ran in my head is Bane from the batman and Robin movie! Seriously though water cooling a console would be awesome! don't know how that would affect cost though. =(
Oh haha that's a more apt comparison. I like that one. lol One of the cooling tubes would run to the top and double as a handle to carry the console around like a Gamecube. We goin' back in time!

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if series X can be played horizontally? Because the tower design doesn't fit in most living rooms/entertainment docks.

It can be. Keep in mind that the controller it's next to is smaller than the current gen Xbox controller. Its on the large side, but not as big as it seems at first glance. Iirc if it's sideways it's only like 6 inches tall.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I would like if it Xbox looks PC-esque, PS5 like a traditional console and Switch is Switch.

Instead of 3 samey black boxes.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
PSV will be big.
I just don't think it will be a cube.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Do whatever the design they need to make it quiet. A cube, a triangle... I don't care, just enough of jet engine sounding consoles.