• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which day do you celebrate?

• Wedding Date

Votes: 72 45.6%
  • First Date/First Met

Votes: 25 15.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Both

Votes: 49 31.0%

• Total voters

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
Just curious what everyone chooses to celebrate. I assume my wife and I are outliers here since we celebrate our first date. We may end up celebrating both or maybe just one, I am not sure at the moment. To me though the day I met her is honestly more important to me. Not that the wedding wasn't amazing, its just that that is the day I was lucky enough to meet her. I was also a few weeks away from missing her forever, because she planned to move away soon. So I feel very lucky I met her at exactly the right time.

So what day do you all celebrate together? If its other, elaborate! :)

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I have no idea when my wife and I first met or when our first date was, so we celebrate our marriage date. That seems to be the most common practice in our area.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most people I know start with when they first started dating, then replace it with wedding and it becomes a bonus.

RKasa

Jul 28, 2019
New Jersey
Our wedding day was the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so that weekend's become our traditional anniversary celebration time, regardless of the exact date.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Our dating anniversary is one week before our wedding anniversary which is one week before her birthday.
We just celebrate wedding and birthday.

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
First date, date we got engaged, and date we got married are all the same. (somewhat planned, esp. with the wedding date once we realized it was possible)

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
When we started dating. We eloped around the same time but many years later. As far as "how many years", we were together for 8 years before getting married so saying our "anniversary" is X years - 8 seems silly to us.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't the slightest idea when we first met or what or when our first date was, or when we became official. I do remember our wedding anniversary so we celebrate that.

Actually going to Hawaii next week to celebrate our 8th

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I remember exactly what my wife was wearing on our first date. It's just a more important day to me. But we don't really celebrate it other than commenting on how lucky we are. We celebrate our wedding anniversary though. Small gift and a meal out in the world.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
Just got married, planning on doing both day we became official and wedding anniversary. There's a four month gap between the two so it's a nice excuse to go do something nice.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Lol we've been together 13 years. We hardly celebrate anything =p

We use our anniversary as an excuse to go out and eat pretty much.

We are both boring homebodies though.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not married yet and chances are that's still pretty far away, but we take any excuse we can get, so mostly likely it's going to be both.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
We got married on our anniversary specifically to avoid this complication

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We can't agree when our first date was because memory problems or something. We celebrate anniversary because we do know that one.

It doesn't matter when, as long as it's consistent.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
not married, but we've been together 12 and 1/2 years since we started dating

and if we got married we'd say we've been together since we first started dating

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we're married, my wife and I said we'd only do the wedding day. Before we were married it was when we started dating. Thankfully we're not doing both as the dates are only like a month apart and it would get too expensive real quick to do both

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
My wife and I celebrate our wedding anniversary together. I privately celebrate the day I finally broke out of the Friend Zone. lol

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just our anniversary, but we've known each other since 1st grade. Didn't start dating until our 30s though.

In 2nd grade she had 10 girls hold me down on the playground while she kissed me, thereby committing sexual assault on a minor child. I remind her of this from time to time but I do not remember the date so I can't like buy a shame card or anything.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Kind of celebrate everything in little ways.

Our wedding anniversary just went, she adopted me a cow and I got her a leather memory book like the one from Up. We then go and get a filthy burger at Hanbao.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
We knew each other in high school (dated years later) and we never had an official first date. We celebrate wedding anniversary, engagement anniversary, and sex anniversary for fun.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
First date, date we got engaged, and date we got married are all the same. (somewhat planned, esp. with the wedding date once we realized it was possible)
We got married on our anniversary specifically to avoid this complication
Both cause it's the same day.
We made them the same day.
This is the way to go. I don't even know exactly what day we met but we purposely got married on the same date as our first date.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully our anniversary date shifted from when we first got together to our wedding anniversary once we got married. IT's also, coincidentally, our daughter's birthday so instead we just focus on that.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Our dating anniversary and wedding anniversary are only 2 days apart (separated by seven years), so we just celebrate on wedding anniversary.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Just wedding here, not sure how common the other ones are here in the UK? Certainly no-one I know who's married celebrates when they met/started dating.

After nearly 22 years I couldn't tell you anything about our first date anyway apart from it probably involved booze!

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
We started long distance. So when we first talked, then when we first met (a month apart), and then marriage.

Edit: a tip for the forgetful ones, set up recurring reminders.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll do you one better.

On April 22nd of 2019 I celebrated with my wife. She had no idea why, but it was a super important day to me. It marked the day that I had officially spent more of my life with her than without.

Yes, I did the math.

Magni

Our official marriage date is the same as when we started, so we celebrate those together. Our wedding party was a month later, we don't celebrate that anniversary, though we get the tags from friends posts on social media to remind us. We don't celebrate the day we first met either, just mention it if we remember: "oh hey we met X years ago!" and then continue with our day.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Wedding date but I was smart/lazy and made every date easy to remember.

Date we met: 10/31
Started dating: 1/1
Married: 9/11

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
We started dating in 2011 and we got married in 2014, so we like to do a little celebration for both. The wedding anniversary is more dinner / romance, that type thing, and the dating anniversary is something more fun.